Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, this whole Dail voting thing gets better and better. Those two con artists, the Healy Reas shown up as the two biggest offenders.

Kerry people being Kerry people, they'll probably get an icreased share of the vote next time.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Want. Where is Michaels?
      Originally posted by mocata View Post
      Michaels of Mount Merrion Confirmed Delish. Seen picture on twitter of their seafood platter and hopped on over a few Sundays ago. No need for a Menu, just give us one of those fine fellows we saw on the internet and a glass of decent white Thank you Please.
      Mount merrion, was there last saturday for lunch. Drove from donabate, through the tunnel, took 37 mins door to door. Didnt get the platter as my parents wouldnt have eaten it and I had been stuffed full of food the previous two days. It's delicious, well cooked food.

Comment

Booked into Mamo in Howth for the end of November.

It’s meant to be really good.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          Booked into Mamo in Howth for the end of November.

It’s meant to be really good.
          Certainly good at getting reviewers in the door!

Report back here with your findings pls.

Comment

I never watch TV series but was convinced to watch Living With Yourself on Netflix. It's really good! Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              I never watch TV series but was convinced to watch Living With Yourself on Netflix. It's really good! Highly recommended.
              You need to expand...that's terrible.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Merry Christmas

Comment

Surely deserved a two rounds penalty for collusion!

Amazing what you can get away with when you're a blonde honey.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    You need to expand...that's terrible.
                    As someone who couldn't make it through The Wire, my recommendations are indeed to be taken with a large grain of salt.

Comment

Wasn't mad on it tbh in more cutting edge critique. Although happy Aisling Bea has found some worldwide fame, she's class.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Wasn't mad on it tbh in more cutting edge critique. Although happy Aisling Bea has found some worldwide fame, she's class.
                        I can't stand the sight of her since her appearance on Bert Kreischer's podcast

I sit down with Irish comic Aisling Bea to talk about her transition from acting to comedy, winning “So you think you’re funny”, the comedy store, and UK vs ...
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Has anyone else watched Dublin Murders thus far?

I fall into the same category as Zuutroy after a 2nd effort but:

SPOILER
                          I dont think it's particularly good, feels quite disjointed but I'm intrigued enough thus far to continue given it's only 8 episodes.

Comment

Edward Norton was on Joe Rogan yesterday promoting his new movie. Haven't seen it yet, but the mostly Wynton Marsalis soundtrack is well worth a listen. Hard to believe Fight Club is 20 years old this year.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Watch intrigue and drama unfold in the trailer for MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN, starring Writer/Director Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, with Alec Bald...

Daily Battles - Wynton Marsalis - From the film "Motherless Brooklyn"feat. Joe Farnsworth, Russell Hall, Isaiah J. Thompson, Jerry WeldonEp avail now: https:...

Comment

This 3rd/4th place game in the RWC might be the most pointless contest ever but the skill levels are off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                I can't stand the sight of her since her appearance on Bert Kreischer's podcast
                                She played the venue I used to work at in London one night, I had to walk out after a couple of minutes, real Aunty Thomasinia or what even the female Irish equivalent of an Uncle Tom is

Aahhh jasus sur Im a paddy ha ha ho ho he he

I was like a bull!

Served her later and she thanked me

I was still like a bull
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-11-19, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                  Edward Norton was on Joe Rogan yesterday promoting his new movie. Haven't seen it yet, but the mostly Wynton Marsalis soundtrack is well worth a listen. Hard to believe Fight Club is 20 years old this year.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Watch intrigue and drama unfold in the trailer for MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN, starring Writer/Director Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, with Alec Bald...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5NgujQiMk
                                  That's a great book, Jonathan Lethem. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                    She played the venue I used to work at in London one night, I had to walk out after a couple of minutes, real Aunty Thomasinia or what even the female Irish equivalent of an Uncle Tom is
                                    She Chews her nail off at 1:16:40 , then drops it on the floor lol
                                    That bit was just so scummy imo.

Comment

This 3rd/4th place game in the RWC might be the most pointless contest ever but the skill levels are off the charts.
                                      When yo take away the tension from most sports and the Pros can express themselves you’ll find skill levels at what they should be. The footie during the week contained some great showboating at times as that particular cup is of less magnitude so the tension levels are a lot lower. (not counting Man Utd here as every match is a must win these days for momentum)

Comment

Looks a few years old but what a great invention

Comment

Speaking of my time working in a venue

Fella called Catfish Keith playing Arthur's jazz on Sunday at 4(check timing in case app wrong)

For guitar and jazz/blues wankers alike, probably worth checking out on YouTube, from memory, pretty cool guy and might be worth a look if looking for something to do Sunday afternoon
                                          Last edited by Guest; 01-11-19, 12:17.

Comment

This house makes me feel a bit ill

5 bedroom detached house for sale in Rushdene Road, Pinner, HA5 for £1,350,000. Marketed by Andrew Pearce, Pinner

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              "you can never have enough double sockets"......oh yes you can...
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                Has anyone else watched Dublin Murders thus far?

I fall into the same category as Zuutroy after a 2nd effort but:

SPOILER
                                                I dont think it's particularly good, feels quite disjointed but I'm intrigued enough thus far to continue given it's only 8 episodes.
                                                I'm 6 episodes in which I think is right up to date.

SPOILER
                                                It's OK. It's shot very well and the acting in the main is very good.

They overdo the whole Knocknari Woods malarkey too much for me with all the same flashbacks over and over again.

There is also some major holes in the plot, none more so than a lad who was at the centre of the biggest unsolved crime in Dublin, simply changing his name and then managing to become a Garda with ease who then just happens to go back to work his old patch!

Overall, it's certainly not the worst program ever made and I'll happily stick with it but I am hoping the final reveal wouldn't be complete airy fairy shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  I'm 6 episodes in which I think is right up to date.

SPOILER
                                                  It's OK. It's shot very well and the acting in the main is very good.

They overdo the whole Knocknari Woods malarkey too much for me with all the same flashbacks over and over again.

There is also some major holes in the plot, none more so than a lad who was at the centre of the biggest unsolved crime in Dublin, simply changing his name and then managing to become a Garda with ease who then just happens to go back to work his old patch!

Overall, it's certainly not the worst program ever made and I'll happily stick with it but I am hoping the final reveal wouldn't be complete airy fairy shite.
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  That sounds like a pretty bang on assessment to me. I feel the story regarding him is a tad outlandish but I can stomach that, it doesn't seem ridiculously far fetched.

However the story involving her seems too OTT, I'm not convinced there will be some plausible conclusion to the Lexie stuff throughout her life.

Totally agree on acting etc, they're all very strong and it seems closer to budget to some UK equivalents, I think you can tell the BBC are involved tbh.

Comment

In an attempt to defeat a cold that I've had for two weeks now, made a pot of csenokovca (Czech garlic soup). One full head of garlic inside me now.

Safe to say risk of vampire attacks this Day of the The Dead is nil in this household.

Comment

Interesting moves in the Next Prez market lately. Warren now clear favourite to win the Dem nomination, Biden in the slide and Buttigieg doing well.

I think Buttigieg, name joke potential aside, could be an excellent candidate. He does look remarkably young compared to the rest of the geriatrics at the top of the market. A good thing obvs, espicially in presidential contests.

Comment

Amazing that Harris ever tried to go for it, or had any support.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          Amazing that Harris ever tried to go for it, or had any support.
                                                          Why so? I think she went to 2nd fav at one point.

Is it due to her record as a prosecutor or the stance on abortion?
                                                          I thought she was excellent in the debates though she was caught by Gabbard I think it was at one point but the accusations she made were a tad hyperbolic even for that forum.
                                                          I think the move post debate was an overreaction because her and Booker were always going to shine in the debates.

Warren has been my pick all along, still got that big two figure sum riding on it

Comment

Ha, this whole Dail voting thing gets better and better. Those two con artists, the Healy Reas shown up as the two biggest offenders.

Kerry people being Kerry people, they'll probably get an icreased share of the vote next time.
                                                            Apparently they have fobs to register a days attendance. They only need to tap in and are not required to register an out. They need 120 days attendance to claim allowances. Sounds as though the fobbing is being abused across the boards but nobody is prepared to raise it coz they are all at it. No cameras in this case so no nonrepudiation.

Here's me thinking the days of getting your mate to clock in for you at work were bygone.
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                              Why so? I think she went to 2nd fav at one point.

Is it due to her record as a prosecutor or the stance on abortion?
                                                              I thought she was excellent in the debates though she was caught by Gabbard I think it was at one point but the accusations she made were a tad hyperbolic even for that forum.
                                                              I think the move post debate was an overreaction because her and Booker were always going to shine in the debates.

Warren has been my pick all along, still got that big two figure sum riding on it
                                                              Never seemed like a serious candidate, seemed to spend most of the time laughing at her own jokes, zero charisma or leadership skills.

^ judging by what she describes as being "statistically proven" she doesn't seem to understand causality.

Comment

Interesting moves in the Next Prez market lately. Warren now clear favourite to win the Dem nomination, Biden in the slide and Buttigieg doing well.

I think Buttigieg, name joke potential aside, could be an excellent candidate. He does look remarkably young compared to the rest of the geriatrics at the top of the market. A good thing obvs, espicially in presidential contests.
                                                                Warren was always gonna get the nod.
                                                                Biden too old
                                                                Likewise bernie
                                                                Buttigieg for obvious reasons
                                                                Yang not this spin
                                                                Beto is great VP material but not over enough for a front runner.
                                                                Harris was never realistically in it.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Warren is unelectable though.

Would be hilarious if Trump was impeached and then walked a reelection.

Comment

Bet on Vinhpola with Dobby here for 1st try. Need his number please as google is shit. tyty

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Warren was always gonna get the nod.
                                                                      Biden too old
                                                                      Likewise bernie
                                                                      Buttigieg for obvious reasons
                                                                      Yang not this spin
                                                                      Beto is great VP material but not over enough for a front runner.
                                                                      Harris was never realistically in it.
                                                                      Beto out unsurprisingly, incredible he polled at circa 20% in early 2018: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ot-didnt-work/

I completely wrote him off when I read this: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...to-bounce-back

It was clear he didn't have the ability to parlay his relative success in Texas to a presidential run. His door to door touch just couldn't scale and without the funds it was over before it started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Bet on Vinhpola with Dobby here for 1st try. Need his number please as google is shit. tyty
                                                                        Billy is 8, mako is 1. Your spelling may be the reason google us letting you down.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm on watson/kolbe fts, and Billy v for man of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            Billy is 8, mako is 1. Your spelling may be the reason google us letting you down.
                                                                            Yeah wasnt the spelling just lack of easy info on a World Cup Final. PSV's tagline is correct. Anyway on The 8.

Comment

BBV together for our neighbours becoming the greatest team on Earth yet again.

Profit before people.

Comment

I seem to want them to win. I think if they were playing anyone else i probably wouldnt(Wales would be a close call)? Their fans that come every second year are generally good craic.

Best mate married to a big fan and my FTS bet to solidify my support. Decent game please....

Comment

It'll be amusing watching England convince themselves they're going to win the whole thing off the back of this turgid show against some half-fit Tongans.
                                                                                  Ah, you're such a pessimist. We're either the best or second-best team in this thing.
                                                                                  Some pre match memories that England were seen as the delusional ones.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Anthem time. Beast tears guaranteed, even though he's Zimbabwean.

Comment

Mbonambi FTS please.

Comment

Come on England.

Comment

Garces seems like a poor choice for ref, no matter what way the game goes. Why not base it on semi-final performances?

Comment

Garces seems like a poor choice for ref, no matter what way the game goes. Why not base it on semi-final performances?
                                                                                            Nigel has an injury.

Sinclair is the one player whose absence changes the whole game for England IMO
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Sinclair is the one player whose absence changes the whole game for England IMO
                                                                                              Dan Coles routinely gets dominated by Irish props, both at club and country level. The more scrums the better for de Bokke.

Comment

England yellow has to be due in the scrum.now, they're getting completely dominated.

Comment

Ben Youngs passing so far has been woefully inaccurate.

Boks have done little for Englands poor start, should really have made them pay for it.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

The bounce factor.

Comment

Fixed now. Sorry about that!

Boks out foxed the bits. Pure domination.

Comment

But will the Boks be able to do it on a wet windy day at the Aviva next November with the pressure of an Autumn International?
                                                                                                        That's the question psv would like the answer to.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          But will the Boks be able to do it on a wet windy day at the Aviva next November with the pressure of an Autumn International?
                                                                                                          That's the question psv would like the answer to.
                                                                                                          Only the Irish will actually care!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            Boks out foxed the bits. Pure domination.
                                                                                                            Yup, England totally exposed as flat track bullies with no Plan B. SA deserving champs and another couple of tries would not have flattered them. Or indeed a couple of yellows for England at scrum time.

Kolisi wonderful captain. Japan wonderful hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              BBV together for our neighbours becoming the greatest team on Earth yet again.

Something about 'delusional'...can't quite remember.

Hope you didn't go too heavy on the spread.

Comment

What is the story with these VAR checks drawing lines all over the place and then trying to match up the players body parts to show whether a player is offside introducing an large amount of subjectivity to the decsion by the person looking at and using the system. It looks like a simple computer vision problem coupled with a bit of maths to give a definite answer rather than all this messing by someone in a control room. Maybe they just do it for effect and are actually using some sort of technology in the background that gives a definite answer.

Opr
                                                                                                                Last edited by Opr; 02-11-19, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Wasn't there an identical situation 10+ years ago (nuts on the board, all-in, fold) with someone from here and a pro-rugby player? Pity old BBV thread is gone.
                                                                                                                  Stuff like that always reminds me of this hand. She is bad, but his check back on the river is worse.

Un ejemplo de una tia que se supone que es profesional del poker y no se sabe ni las reglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                    Boks to win RWC outright. Lumpage now.
                                                                                                                    Sweet . Now I need to blow this on something silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      What is the story with these VAR checks drawing lines all over the place and then trying to match up the players body parts to show whether a player is offside introducing an large amount of subjectivity to the decsion by the person looking at and using the system. It looks like a simple computer vision problem coupled with a bit of maths to give a definite answer rather than all this messing by someone in a control room. Maybe they just do it for effect and are actually using some sort of technology in the background that gives a definite answer.

Opr
                                                                                                                      The Firmino one? Ridiculous.

Burnely had a stonewall pen (Sheff Utd handball) in the first half that wasn't givenl. It's becoming a real subjective farce.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Flushdraw; 02-11-19, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Stuff like that always reminds me of this hand. She is bad, but his check back on the river is worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaT65v5hBOQ
                                                                                                                        Remember on tribecca shipping 100bbs into a limped pot that was checked to the river in a similar spot. Snap called.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          The Firmino one? Ridiculous.

Burnely had a stonewall pen (Sheff Utd handball) in the first half that wasn't givenl. It's becoming a real subjective farce.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, the picture makes the decison look ridiculous in the Firmino one but I'll be the first to admit it could be some optical illusion or maybe the picture shown isn't exactly when the ball was played but its hard not to laugh watching the picture appear and it looks like some guy is eyeballing the image, drawing some vertical lines off knees and trying to match lines on the pitch to make the decsion. Surely you can use computers to do this in a far more accruate way than what was being shown.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X