Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Could be a grandstand finish in this England India game. Just the 100million matched on betfair, mind boggling amounts.
    Ended up being pretty comfortable for Great British skipper Morgan who ably marshalled his troops to an emphatic victory. Huzzah! God save 'er Majesty!!*

SPOILER
    channelling my inner Daily Telegraph
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Ended up being pretty comfortable for Great British skipper Morgan who ably marshalled his troops to an emphatic victory. Huzzah! God save 'er Majesty!!*

SPOILER
      channelling my inner Daily Telegraph
      I wouldn't be completely shocked if in 20 years time someone blabs that England and India had a pre-tournament agreement that their group-meeting would be soft-played if one team really needed the win and the other was sure of qualification.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          I wouldn't be completely shocked if in 20 years time someone blabs that England and India had a pre-tournament agreement that their group-meeting would be soft-played if one team really needed the win and the other was sure of qualification.
          Oh, the Pakistani fans (who would make strewel at an all-Ireland final involving Kildare look like a sane and balanced individual) are already at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            That is quite unexpected. Was thinking it was something obvious about the quality of shoes.
            Etymology is great.

Gotta watch out for backronyms though.

Comment

Etymology is great.
              Yeah, I like bees in particular.

Comment

Another interesting etymological diversion is the word wiki

Hats off to anyone who gets it without searching.

Comment

Was a weird atmosphere when they got themselves into a challenging position with about 7 overs to go and the usual big hitting closer Dhoni was happy to pick off 1's instead of making any visible effort to get the required boundaries.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Some pretty high political drama going to the wire tonight in Brussels, especially for Commission President.

Entirely possible that the casting vote could go to Prime Minister May of the United Kingdom. Now wouldn't that be fucking ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      Who do you like as stand ups?

I wouldn't know any stand ups under 40 anymore. Stewart Lee is at the festival. Going to Dylan Moran during the week.
                      I rarely ever watch stand up but I'd go to see either of those two.
                      TBH these days I enjoy Milton Jones kind of quickfire punning over the likes of Dylan's faux self loathing.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Christine Lagarde
                        That withering look when some gobshite know nothing fool insists in having their spake in front of the adults

Comment

Its from a Hawaiian word that means something like quick and easy.

Anyone in IT would probably know that tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Its from a Hawaiian word that means something like quick and easy.

Anyone in IT would probably know that tbf
                            Very good, have a banana.

What about avocado?

Comment

Comment

Comment

What does he do for a living? He doesn't seem to be doing anything much or making any effort to cash in on his work .

I'm thinking of hitting Edinburgh for a couple of days during August and having quick scan of the comedy acts and there is little or nothing in comedy that I'd be bothered booking.
                                  He has a patreon which I must chuck a few quod at, nearly sure he’s done some voiceover work.
                                  Criminal some of the comedians getting money from RTÉ when there’s talent like that out there

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    To add to the GAA stories of last week. Have played in pretty much every position on the pitch except in goals. Our goalie got injured during the week and I'm coming back from injury so was thrown in last night in a must win league game against another team hoping to make the final who were loaded with A players. About 15 minutes into the game, we are up by 2 and they get a penalty, superstar number 14 is giving it loads to the ref complaining about the spot and says hes never missed a pen in 13 years. I made up my mind to go right, dived low and saved it and collected the rebound. We go up the other end and score a point. Cue mad cheering and roaring from the boys on the line. Ended up winning 2-29 to 2-9 in the end. And one foot in a league final. Great craic and great piss taking with the regular goalie in the pub after.
                                    Surprised more gaa goalies don’t develop rsi from just standing there watching points sail over all game.
                                    You could definitely find solicitor to take a claim on that for you, guaranteed .

Comment

The Cure were much better than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        He has a patreon which I must chuck a few quod at, nearly sure he’s done some voiceover work.
                                        Criminal some of the comedians getting money from RTÉ when there’s talent like that out there
                                        Listened to an interview with Andrew Maxwell recently and he was saying that rte is run by lads who would be as happy running Board na Mona and there's not one ounce of showbiz about the place.

SP, Andrew Maxwell was shite years ago when it was all drink and drug stories, I'd say he is decent now seeing as his whole act is brexit, politics and such, usually does a show at the fringe, probably worth a look

Comment

...First in this half of the year...

Comment

Comment

Literally read this last week and still ... nope. Darn you 40-year-old brains. Is it something that means something funnyish - like 'not tomato'. As in the Mexican crop consisted of tomato and something - avocados as it turns out - that were known as 'not tomato'. That sounds wrong...
                                              SPOILER
                                              Testicle. Testicle fruit.

That's what you're eating.

Comment

Couple of decent ties in the last round of qualifiers.
                                                Galway v Mayo
                                                Cork v Laois
                                                Cavan v Tyrone
                                                Meath v Clare

Which means the Super 8 groups will be
                                                Dublin
                                                Roscommon
                                                Cork or Laois
                                                Cavan or Tyrone

Kerry
                                                Donegal
                                                Galway or Mayo
                                                Meath or Clare

Tough enough path for Dublin to keep the miracle run going.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                                                  LOL

Looking at Tyrone the other night they seemed to be a team who have been honing their... ahem, skills for one thing and one thing only that is a strategy that could give them a fighting chance of beating Man City
                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-07-19, 08:57.

Comment

Very good, have a banana.

What about avocado?
                                                    Might it come from the ancient Mayan for 'Poxy hypocrite vegans will destroy our planet with their insatiable demands for flying unsustainable testicle like fruit around the world'

Comment

Some pretty high political drama going to the wire tonight in Brussels, especially for Commission President.

Entirely possible that the casting vote could go to Prime Minister May of the United Kingdom. Now wouldn't that be fucking ironic.
                                                      Timmermans would have been fun, pity.
                                                      Leo should go for it himself that would really give Boris something to think about.

Comment

I rarely ever watch stand up but I'd go to see either of those two.
                                                        TBH these days I enjoy Milton Jones kind of quickfire punning over the likes of Dylan's faux self loathing.
                                                        Milton Jones is at the festival, as is Stewart Francis who is a similar quickfire punner.

Comment

Might it come from the ancient Mayan for 'Poxy hypocrite vegans will destroy our planet with their insatiable demands for flying unsustainable testicle like fruit around the world'
                                                          anyone want to hazard a guess as to how you say lawyer in French? it's all making sense now

SPOILER
                                                          Avocat

Comment

Etymology is great.

Gotta watch out for backronyms though.
                                                            Enjoyable, USA PATRIOTS act was the example I was going to suggest.
                                                            Couple of decent ties in the last round of qualifiers.
                                                            Galway v Mayo
                                                            Cork v Laois
                                                            Cavan v Tyrone
                                                            Meath v Clare

Which means the Super 8 groups will be
                                                            Dublin
                                                            Roscommon
                                                            Cork or Laois
                                                            Cavan or Tyrone

Kerry
                                                            Donegal
                                                            Galway or Mayo
                                                            Meath or Clare

Tough draw for Mayo and Cavan, but good games in store next weekend.

Such a handy road for Dublin in the groups, but I’d hazard it’ll be Donegal v Dublin the semis as I can’t see donegal winning all three games. Handy win over Meath in Ballybofey to kick off, Kerry in Croker and probably Galway in Salthill.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Milton Jones is at the festival, as is Stewart Francis who is a similar quickfire punner.
                                                              Stewart Lee and Stewart Francis would be two of my favorites, probably only behind Peter Kay. Tim Vine and Lee Mack also great for one liners.

Comment

Black Mirror E3

SPOILER
                                                                Dear lord. It's like Charlier Brooker wrote the first third and then Disney took over for the rest.

Comment

Bump for Music King.

I'll shut entries at 2pm today.

Comment

Like these trivia side posts RD.
                                                                    Not sure about wiki-. I'd guess in was Greek, possibly to web.
                                                                    But that probably too obvious to be a hat off moment.

Edit: or what SP said with conviction. That could be it too.
                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 01-07-19, 10:19.

Comment

What SP said.

Comment

There are some lads in London who organise these mad sort of half marathon / open water swimming events where you run for some distance then do a few laps of for instance the swimming ponds at Hampstead Heath then get out run some more, maybe down to Hyde park and swim 1k in the serpentine and so on. (link) Its something I'd love to do with them someday and hopefully will get a chance to.
                                                                        Anyway one problem is that because you need to get out of the swimming gear and back into running gear you have always to loop back in your swims losing that sense of getting somewhere. So the guys behind the Swimmer have invented this fantastically clever bit of kit that combines the safety features of a pull buoy with the practical need to have something that carries your gear. In solving a minor problem with their event they have invented a whole new form of adventure sport. Genius.

Comment

There are some lads in London who organise these mad sort of half marathon / open water swimming events where you run for some distance then do a few laps of for instance the swimming ponds at Hampstead Heath then get out run some more, maybe down to Hyde park and swim 1k in the serpentine and so on. (link) Its something I'd love to do with them someday and hopefully will get a chance to.
                                                                          Anyway one problem is that because you need to get out of the swimming gear and back into running gear you have always to loop back in your swims losing that sense of getting somewhere. So the guys behind the Swimmer have invented this fantastically clever bit of kit that combines the safety features of a pull buoy with the practical need to have something that carries your gear. In solving a minor problem with their event they have invented a whole new form of adventure sport. Genius.
                                                                          https://www.abovebelow.sc/?mc_cid=f3...eid=0131a447dd

£140 for a waterproof bag and a rubber ring.
                                                                          Pool noodles might have been better no?
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I’ve used a tow float for at least 10 years, what’s the difference with this one

Comment

Etymology challenge of the day:

Bonk

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                I’ve used a tow float for at least 10 years, what’s the difference with this one
                                                                                It carries a rucksack in a waterproof bag.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Pool noodles might have been better no?
                                                                                No

Comment

That’s not a new adventure sport
                                                                                  Though at least they aren’t using the term “wild swimming “ , that one really grinds my gears

Comment

Hitch's kids call that a Saturday

Comment

Aww delighted!!!!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

It carries a rucksack in a waterproof bag.

No
                                                                                        Ah in fairness that's exactly like a tow float/dry bag, except double the size and quadruple the price.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          That’s not a new adventure sport
                                                                                          Though at least they aren’t using the term “wild swimming “ , that one really grinds my gears
                                                                                          That's because it's not wild swimming now is it?

Comment

What’s the difference between a hippo and a zippo?

One is really heavy and the other is a little lighter

Told that in a meeting of nine people today, 2 got it.

Comment

...

Comment

Had a particular boozey weekend of wine. Wine tasting, matched dinners, the usual wine knob things you do in the Hunter Valley. Depressing return to work on Monday.
                                                                                                Decided I'd knock the booze on the head for a month and do dry July. At my desk about an hour, going through the build up of emails from the weekend and one of the winery's sent me a message.

So apparently I apparently guessed the exact number of corks in a big jar they had on display. So they're sending me a case of Brut Chardonnay.
                                                                                                I should quit drinking more often.

Comment

Had a particular boozey weekend of wine. Wine tasting, matched dinners, the usual wine knob things you do in the Hunter Valley. Depressing return to work on Monday.
                                                                                                  Decided I'd knock the booze on the head for a month and do dry July. At my desk about an hour, going through the build up of emails from the weekend and one of the winery's sent me a message.

So apparently I apparently guessed the exact number of corks in a big jar they had on display. So they're sending me a case of Brut Chardonnay.
                                                                                                  I should quit drinking more often.

Comment

Go home Mellor you are drunk. You told us this already

Comment

Noel Hayes heads up for a bracelet ,

Watch the 2022 World Series of Poker Bracelet events and WSOP Main Event live from Las Vegas, exclusively on PokerGO.

Comment

They all got it Raoul
                                                                                                        I'm not getting new material at this stage.

Comment

Bonk
                                                                                                          Apparently, like so many English words, is Germanic in origin and originally meant 'bone. It then became a slang word for a smack or a hit.
                                                                                                          Only in 1980s Britain, did it become a playful term for sex.

Begod.

Comment

Hobo

Comment

Only in 1980s Britain, did it become a playful term for sex.
                                                                                                              Have it in my head that it was popularised by Diane Spencer / Fergie and that set. They used it as a nice bland term that they could get away in interviews?

Comment

Hobo
                                                                                                                Going to be something like Homeless Boy?

Comment

Hobo
                                                                                                                  I've an idea it's something to do with Hoboken NJ

Comment

RD3 spotted in casual attire on O’Connell St.
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Hobo
                                                                                                                      A homosexual man living on the streets ?

EDIT : in casual attire.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1101949]Etymology challenge of the day:

Hobo[/QUOTE

A homeless arrow

Comment

isn't it something to do with travelling farmers in the wild west being called hoe boys ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X