Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I'm not getting new material at this stage.
      I started a band called 999 Megabites.

SPOILER
      still haven't gotten a gig

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        fuck 'em

Glad to see the back of them

Comment

fuck 'em

Turn your back to Joy
          You facing abject misery
          For some
          But not all
          Not if you get your money out before the fall
          Of a kingdom, a former power
          Gonna get rinsed by that motherfucking shower
          To the Caymans and back again to buy the pound for a dollar
          you creep, while the little babies weep

etc etc

Comment

Looks like the wan in the yellow get up has shit herself
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
              RD3 spotted in casual attire on O’Connell St.
              That's how I dress every day now. Suits in the bin.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

fuck 'em

You have to wonder why they bothered to turn up or the eu haven’t put them on gardening leave. I guess they will loose their expenses if they stay at home but they should really be starting their campaign for local elections or whatever the career path is.

I doubt anyone really wanted to listen to that pack of halfwits before they decided to leave but it must be intolerable now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  Glad to see the back of them
                  I presume they're also turning their backs on the salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I've an idea it's something to do with Hoboken NJ
                    Interesting line of thought.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                      You have to wonder why they bothered to turn up or the eu haven’t put them on gardening leave. I guess they will loose their expenses if they stay at home but they should really be starting their campaign for local elections or whatever the career path is.

I doubt anyone really wanted to listen to that pack of halfwits before they decided to leave but it must be intolerable now.
                      They (Brexit/Ukip) have been rinsing every last penny out of the EU for years and doing nothing for the people who voted for them as they don't believe in the EU

People who vote for them then complain that EU does noting for them

As Denny says: "Fuck 'em"

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                        RD3 spotted in casual attire on O’Connell St.

or

Comment

I started a band called 999 Megabites.

SPOILER
                          still haven't gotten a gig
                          ya... well with getting gigs, it basically boils down to a yes or no answer, so you you gonna need

SPOILER
                          25 more MB for that

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

or

Think it was more the double denim country singer look.

Minus the cowboy hat.
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

love it
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Etymology challenge of the day:

Hobo
                                Reminds me of one of my favourite friday afternoon american tv shows. Maybe thats where it came from!.
                                Join in this celebration of the greatest ever TV programme: The Littlest Hobo!Hear the famed theme tune as you gaze in awe at the wondrous London, as he goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  I've an idea it's something to do with Hoboken NJ
                                  Apparently it originated in the West notably California, so no. Late 19th century.

Important distinctions are drawn between tramps, bums and hobos. It seems a hobo would be highly offended to be mistaken for a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Going to be something like Homeless Boy?
                                    'Ho, beau!' was apparently a common railroad greeting of the time. You may be on the right track though - homeward bound?

Ultimately, no-one really knows. The fun is in the conjecture.

Comment

First match of the WWC tonight for me. Decent game.

Comment

Have it in my head that it was popularised by Diane Spencer / Fergie and that set. They used it as a nice bland term that they could get away in interviews?
                                        My money is on Kenny Everett.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Up home in South Derry for a couple of days r&r with the nipper.

Upon arrival the auld fella tells me we have a new neighbour in one of the flats next door (mostly still in the hands of Housing Executive/social housing) whose first known interaction with the locals was to ask the lad across the road 'are there many fucken taigs in this place' (the lad himself a 'taig' of course).

Later this new addition to our quiet cul de sac was guldering at the local (mostly Catholic) kids to 'shut the fuck up' out his window as they played on the street at the start of their summer holidays.

Local councillor already been given the nod. Confirmed the fella was not a pedo but some other class of headbanger. There may be trouble ahead.

Couple of hours later I go to drive to the shops and see a flute band parading past the entrance of the estate.

Drive on up in the Dublin-reg car to see what's ado. Nobody bats an eye but the copper who won't let me out doesn't seem too happy as there's more bands to come and says I can drive between bands but not against them.
                                            I reverse back a discreet distance from the intersection so as not to antagonise (Good Friday agreement and all that) and await the next musical diversion.

Next we have a small band of fat accordionists stepping awkwardly past playing a reedy version of 'Nearer My God To Thee' and one minute later I'm on my way to pick up a packet of Maryland cookies to enjoy with a cup of tea.

When I was a kid all my summers used to be like this. Every day. Some form of low level sectarian drama (real or imagined) at every turn.

Forgot how much craic you could knock out of it, until someone loses an eye of course.
                                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 03-07-19, 06:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              A USA, USA, USA we can all get behind.
                                              Kinda going for England here but Jesus Phil Neville has made it hard with how much of an arse he’s been

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                Up home in South Derry for a couple of days r&r with the nipper.

Upon arrival the auld fella tells me we have a new neighbour in one of the flats next door (mostly still in the hands of Housing Executive/social housing) whose first known interaction with the locals was to ask the lad across the road 'are there many fucken taigs in this place' (the lad himself a 'taig' of course).

Later this new addition to our quiet cup de sac was guldering at the local (mostly Catholic) kids to 'shut the fuck up' out his window as they played on the street at the start of their summer holidays.

Local councillor already been given the nod. Confirmed the fella was not a pedo but some other class of headbanger. There may be trouble ahead.

Couple of hours later I go to drive to the shops and see a flute band parading past the entrance of the estate.

Drive on up in the Dublin-reg car to see what's ado. Nobody bats an eye but the copper who won't let me out doesn't seem too happy as there's more bands to come and says I can drive between bands but not against them.
                                                I reverse back a discreet distance from the intersection so as not to antagonise (Good Friday agreement and all that) and await the next musical diversion.

Next we have a small band of fat accordionists stepping awkwardly past playing a reedy version of 'Nearer My God To Thee' and one minute later I'm on my way to pick up a packet of Maryland cookies to enjoy with a cup of tea.

When I was a kid all my summers used to be like this. Every day. Some form of low level sectarian drama (real or imagined) at every turn.

Forgot how much craic you could knock out of it, until someone loses an eye of course.
                                                It really sounds like a different planet, and I grew up about 40 miles from the border, but again, might as well have been on Mars.

Comment

How about yah

Comment

Stonewaller

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      Stonewaller
                                                      Bottled it

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        Bottled it
                                                        Thought England deserved more out of that, awful peno

Come on Holland/Sweden
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 02-07-19, 21:11.

Comment

Geebag lioness's. Had a tenner on them

Comment

Morgans goal celebration. Mock drinking a cup of tea? If so LOL . Bitching.

Comment

'Ho, beau!' was apparently a common railroad greeting of the time. You may be on the right track though - homeward bound?

Ultimately, no-one really knows. The fun is in the conjecture.
                                                              Nobody knows seems to be the best answer. Or everyone is right if you prefer.

The origin of the term is unknown. According to etymologist Anatoly Liberman, the only certain detail about its origin is the word was first noticed in American English circa 1890.[1] Liberman points out that many folk etymologies fail to answer the question: "Why did the word become widely known in California (just there) by the early Nineties (just then)?"[1] Author Todd DePastino has suggested it may be derived from the term hoe-boy meaning "farmhand", or a greeting such as Ho, boy![2] Bill Bryson suggests in Made in America (1998) that it could either come from the railroad greeting, "Ho, beau!" or a syllabic abbreviation of "homeward bound".[3] It could also come from the words "homeless boy". H. L. Mencken, in his The American Language

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                It really sounds like a different planet, and I grew up about 40 miles from the border, but again, might as well have been on Mars.
                                                                Christ were you grew up is like Mars to Sligo town!

Christ, were you grew up is like Mars to everywhere bar Alabama

Comment

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Comment

Comment

Today's etymological challenges are:

fake
                                                                      taxi
                                                                      gobshite

with a special prize for anyone who can meld the three into a single-sentence short story.

Comment

'Supper' Hitch? Really?

Explain the etymology as punishment.

Comment

Comment

fake
                                                                            taxi
                                                                            gobshite

with a special prize for anyone who can meld the three into a single-sentence short story.
                                                                            Extra points for true story, and brevity.

Got off an 11hour flight in economy to be greeted by the taxi man who was an overnight sensation (in his own words) for giving an interview at the time of the SSM referendum “I agree with SSM sure I’ve been having the same sex with my wife for 30years”, followed by a certainly story about how his son in Australia’s been hounded by the press over there for interviews since his dad was famous. An utter gobshite. Still annoys me, and every time I think of worst cabbie he is number one.

Comment

Punishment for your one in kildare faking the broken glass in her meal? 3 months in the slammer too harsh ?

Anywhere decent to watch updates of wsop to date?

Comment

I'm guessing fake was supposed to appear between certainly and story?

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                Extra points for true story, and brevity.

Got off an 11hour flight in economy to be greeted by the taxi man who was an overnight sensation (in his own words) for giving an interview at the time of the SSM referendum “I agree with SSM sure I’ve been having the same sex with my wife for 30years”, followed by a certainly story about how his son in Australia’s been hounded by the press over there for interviews since his dad was famous. An utter gobshite. Still annoys me, and every time I think of worst cabbie he is number one.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

fake
                                                                                  taxi
                                                                                  gobshite

'I didn't notice that I got an obviously fake 20 euro note in my change from my taxi driver because I'm a gobshite' - RDIII, July 2019

Comment

fake
                                                                                    taxi
                                                                                    gobshite

'fake' just sounds like it has to be Asian (indian) origin? Something to do with snakecharmers maybe.
                                                                                    'taxi' has to come from taxidermy, and how passengers were originally stuffed into public coaches in Victorian England.

Comment

800+ runs game of cricket incoming today I reckon.

Comment

fake
                                                                                        taxi
                                                                                        gobshite

I was all ready to have a wank to some fake taxi porn, however I felt like a real gobshite when it turned out to be footage of a racial attack on the hapless driver;
                                                                                        still finished though..
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

'Fake taxi porn' sounds like a specialist genre DP.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            Punishment for your one in kildare faking the broken glass in her meal? 3 months in the slammer too harsh ?
                                                                                            Not long enough! Premeditated fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Anywhere decent to watch updates of wsop to date?
                                                                                              Many moons ago doing a late stocktake we got a load of grub in from the chipper. Halfway through my chips felt a sharp pain and discovered a rectangular metal blade in my mouth. Went down after to complain and they checked and discovered one one their potato chipping machines had indeed lost a blade. Gave me £100 and two of us went to the pub, ya know, to numb the pain

Feel shortchanged these days.
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 03-07-19, 12:09.

Comment

'fake' just sounds like it has to be Asian (indian) origin? Something to do with snakecharmers maybe.
                                                                                                'taxi' has to come from taxidermy, and how passengers were originally stuffed into public coaches in Victorian England.
                                                                                                i would have said fake has latin origin, same as french faire or italian facere or spanish hacer, so "to make"

taxi would be same origin as tax in relation to some kind of payment?

Comment

Twice in separate restaurants I got one of those little white worms in my lettuce. The 2nd time I was thinking WTF I’m being followed. Anyway in the 2nd place I was offered my meal for free (not the drink though strangely enough) I asked for a different meal instead. About 5 different people came out to apologise ‘fair nuff no problems’ sez I. Then the Chef came out and asked me did I enjoy my 2nd meal choice? Naw said I , is that worm infested Lettuce still going? He didn’t laugh. Still though how common is that with the worms in a lettuce in an actual restaurant? Twice.

Comment

you have a sheltered existence my friend

Comment

Take away the word porn and google it

Comment

The Irish Independent have a piece on the nomination of Ursula Von der Leyen as the new president of the European Commission. As the German defence minister is this really the most appropriate photo they have of her?

SPOILER

Comment

800+ runs game of cricket incoming today I reckon.
                                                                                                          you forgot about the England summer collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            you forgot about the England summer collapse.
                                                                                                            Meh, NZ no great shakes. EZ!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              you have a sheltered existence my friend
                                                                                                              That is....odd. It was all Mexican pool boys and pizza delivery men when I were a lad.

Comment

That is....odd. It was all Mexican pool boys and pizza delivery men when I were a lad.
                                                                                                                Nowadays there is no need for someone from outside of the family to arrive.

Comment

Police say that stow away that fell from the plane yesterday has been named.-

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Amin Yarshed. Too soon ?

Comment

Stranger Things 3 hitting netflix tomorrow... Nice one.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Nowadays there is no need for someone from outside of the family to arrive.
                                                                                                                      Things really have moved on in the world of porn.

I presume you still have to go to the UK to buy top-shelf magazines featuring ladies with an admirable lack of restraint in the clothes-shedding department?

Comment

Police say that stow away that fell from the plane yesterday has been named.-

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Amin Yarshed. Too soon ?
                                                                                                                        His friends said he was very down to earth kind of guy.

Comment

Coco Gauff making some impression at wimbledon 15 years old

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X