Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interested Ole, Hari's full offering on the topic: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...st-connections

He got a fair bit of pushback on some of his stuff the value of medication but it's a decent read.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      If you're interested Ole, Hari's full offering on the topic: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...st-connections

He got a fair bit of pushback on some of his stuff the value of medication but it's a decent read.
      Im the Ole.

Dont be confusing me with the the bold liberal Willie please.

I would burn the lot of the useless cunts, same as you do a cancer, cut it out... create heat...would that add to the global warming scam ? ?
      This too shall pass.

Comment

In other news, Scarlet Rivera is hot, a name i must have heard 100+ times.

Wasn't fab but a very good watch, Steve would have enjoyed it !
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Im the Ole.

Dont be confusing me with the the bold liberal Willie please.

I would burn the lot of the useless cunts, same as you do a cancer, cut it out... create heat...would that add to the global warming scam ? ?
          Been over this with RD3 too, it's now a global heating scam.

I find the idea of Humane prisons quite interesting like Halden in Norway.
          I think there's a map somewhere in the video which suggests we have one in Ireland, perhaps Castlerea it seems which would also fit with RD3s idea of sending the guys towards Longford/Sligo/Roscommon area

There’s a better way to design prison architecture.Become a Video Lab member! http://bit.ly/video-labHalden Prison in Norway looks sort of like a fancy dorm ...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
            Don't take me drugs away,
            I hardly seen through yesterday,
            How the fuck am I supposed to see tomorrow?
            He had it all going for him back in the day. Was the lead singer in my brother's band for 3/4 years. They won a comp where the prize was a fully paid recording studio for a day and everything they needed to record and release their first single. He turned up a few hours late, out of his face and couldn't sing or get off the floor. All the persevering in the world just couldn't get him back to where he needed to be. They stuck with him and tried to help, but no joy.

Some of his songs were amazing and he was a really nice guy. Considering he could barely write or spell his own name, the words just came together so well.

His voice is nowhere near what it used to be 20 years ago, and he constantly changes the composition of songs,. It this was one of their better songs from back in the day. Was sung completely different back then.

And this is one his newer tunes he wrote for himself. Very raw and catchy. I could imagine Lazare singing this

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Yep, there's no real solution being offered to any of these people. Things have gone desperately wrong for them. At the very least they should have a safe place to drink / drug in peace. Nobody willfully chooses a crippling addiction.

Plus, and here's the extreme liberal part of me, but dropping things in a shop maybe shouldn't be a criminal offence or else my kids would be facing life+no possibility of parole sentences.

Do you really ask a garda to arrest someone for dropping something?! I'd say he/she gave you some look!
                If you look back at New York in the Eighties and Now, there's an absolute sea change in crime rates, antisocial behaviour etc. All for the better. NYC had been written off by many as irredeemable.

Then they (Commissioner Bratton and Mayor Giuliani) introduced the broken windows policy. Lo and behold, crime rates fell off a cliff and NYC became a wonderful, vibrant safe place to visit and live again.

Is there any reason why we can't do similar?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This an interesting graph. Even more so when you put cities like New Orleans and Chicago on it.
                  And sure, NYC has a long way to go but that is some rate of progress.

Comment

Yep, there's no real solution being offered to any of these people. Things have gone desperately wrong for them. At the very least they should have a safe place to drink / drug in peace. Nobody willfully chooses a crippling addiction.

Plus, and here's the extreme liberal part of me, but dropping things in a shop maybe shouldn't be a criminal offence or else my kids would be facing life+no possibility of parole sentences.

Do you really ask a garda to arrest someone for dropping something?! I'd say he/she gave you some look!
                    For context HH:
                    • Three o'clock in the afternoon
                    • Guy is off his head, eyes out on stalks. Can't even speak and shaking uncontrollably
                    • Clutching the broken end of his bottle
                    • Stank and bloodstains all over his top
                    • Glass shrapnel ended up stuck in my leg (and only by luck not in my daughter's bare legs) and I end up stinking of booze

Too fucking right I asked the guard to do something. Ordinary citizens have rights too. Maybe I should have just decked the fucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      He had it all going for him back in the day. Was the lead singer in my brother's band for 3/4 years. They won a comp where the prize was a fully paid recording studio for a day and everything they needed to record and release their first single. He turned up a few hours late, out of his face and couldn't sing or get off the floor. All the persevering in the world just couldn't get him back to where he needed to be. They stuck with him and tried to help, but no joy.

Some of his songs were amazing and he was a really nice guy. Considering he could barely write or spell his own name, the words just came together so well.

His voice is nowhere near what it used to be 20 years ago, and he constantly changes the composition of songs,. It this was one of their better songs from back in the day. Was sung completely different back then.

And this is one his newer tunes he wrote for himself. Very raw and catchy. I could imagine Lazare singing this

https://youtu.be/uLQG9lSmIHE
                      That man has some talent. Tragic really.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

We have plenty of uninhabited islands. Why not use a few as detox centres?

Get the addicts clean, get them away from the scumbags supplying them and teach them some useful skills and self-worth. It does no-one any good having them foul up city centres, them most of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          For context HH:
                          • Three o'clock in the afternoon
                          • Guy is off his head, eyes out on stalks. Can't even speak and shaking uncontrollably
                          • Clutching the broken end of his bottle
                          • Stank and bloodstains all over his top
                          • Glass shrapnel ended up stuck in my leg (and only by luck not in my daughter's bare legs) and I end up stinking of booze

Too fucking right I asked the guard to do something. Ordinary citizens have rights too. Maybe I should have just decked the fucker.
                          Sounds more like a case for calling an ambulance than the Gardaí
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tyson Fury's career has been fascinating, nice to see how he's evolved so positively. Seems to be the reverse of most famous sportsstars in that he's far more humble and stable now than he was starting out.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Tyson Fury's career has been fascinating, nice to see how he's evolved so positively. Seems to be the reverse of most famous sportsstars in that he's far more humble and stable now than he was starting out.
                              ...He needs to improve his post fight singing!!!...

Comment

Comment

It seems the Women's World Cup is being held in Rennes (partially). There's zero coverage of it. Managed to bag two tickets to Thursday's match for €9 each. It clearly hasn't fully arrived yet as a support. Still, might be fun.
                                  Who you bringing?.

Comment

Claiming an evening in the Eames Chair, sequestered away in the study and sipping G&T - Fathers Day. Well deserved imo.

Comment

Claiming an evening in the Eames Chair, sequestered away in the study and sipping G&T - Fathers Day. Well deserved imo.
                                      Don't drop that beverage or I'm calling the cops.

Comment

I've never heard that Johann Hari talk before but everything he said made perfect sense.

The solution to addiction is somewhat simple but politics and society get in the way. There are some things that would help straight away.

Decriminalise possession of a small amount of drugs

Provide people who have addictions with safe and secure places to take drugs. (These places can also be used as centre's where they can avail of health services, councillors, etc, which can hopefully help them get clean at some point when they are ready to do so)

Provide them with housing before they get clean, rather than our current model of telling them to somehow get clean and then we'll look at housing so they can have an address and be able to access services.

Treat them like human beings and with compassion and respect. Nobody willingly chooses to be an addict, it's a scourge. The number one thing that pretty much every person who I met in 3 years of running the soup run, was that they so badly missed human interaction. People walked past them on the streets like they didn't exist, they were looked down on, treated like crap, stories of people on a night out, pissing on them while they slept rough, being attacked, people trying to set them on fire, I could go on and on. By just spending a bit of time talking to them, made their day. It could have been about anything and I have to admit, I was amazed at how intelligent and well informed a lot of the guys and girls, they certainly didn't fit the stereotype.

The idea of burning them or hiding them away as something to be embarrassed about is archaic. Did we learn nothing from burning people who we thought were witches or hiding away unmarried mothers and their babies.

What kind of a society do we want to live in? One that treats people who are less fortunate than others like scum and the dirt on your shoe (because, let's face, it's fine line between us and them) or one that is compassionate, that views that we are only as strong as our weakest member?

Comment

It seems the Women's World Cup is being held in Rennes (partially). There's zero coverage of it. Managed to bag two tickets to Thursday's match for €9 each. It clearly hasn't fully arrived yet as a support. Still, might be fun.
                                          Good way of ensuring your kids never want to go to another football match... Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            It's a really good Ted talk, and he does make a ton of sense as Lao Lao says.

There is a chemical hook though in certain substances, it's nowhere near as simple as give them connections and they'll stop using. Look at nicotine for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              I've never heard that Johann Hari talk before but everything he said made perfect sense.

The solution to addiction is somewhat simple but politics and society get in the way. There are some things that would help straight away.

Provide people who have addictions with safe and secure places to take drugs. (These places can also be used as centre's where they can avail of health services, councillors, etc, which can hopefully help them get clean at some point when they are ready to do so)

Provide them with housing before they get clean, rather than our current model of telling them to somehow get clean and then we'll look at housing so they can have an address and be able to access services.

Treat them like human beings and with compassion and respect. Nobody willingly chooses to be an addict, it's a scourge. The number one thing that pretty much every person who I met in 3 years of running the soup run, was that they so badly missed human interaction. People walked past them on the streets like they didn't exist, they were looked down on, treated like crap, stories of people on a night out, pissing on them while they slept rough, being attacked, people trying to set them on fire, I could go on and on. By just spending a bit of time talking to them, made their day. It could have been about anything and I have to admit, I was amazed at how intelligent and well informed a lot of the guys and girls, they certainly didn't fit the stereotype.

The idea of burning them or hiding them away as something to be embarrassed about is archaic. Did we learn nothing from burning people who we thought were witches or hiding away unmarried mothers and their babies.

What kind of a society do we want to live in? One that treats people who are less fortunate than others like scum and the dirt on your shoe (because, let's face, it's fine line between us and them) or one that is compassionate, that views that we are only as strong as our weakest member?
                                              That's all lovely, aspirational stuff Lao Lao. I applaud your altruism.

Meanwhile however, addicts are having a highly negative impact on the rest of society (how much crime is committed by addicts? You posit examples of addicts being attacked but ignore the far greater level of crime they inflict on others). They suck up resources from the rest of us.
                                              So yeah, treat them and get them cured if you can. If you can't and they persist in negatively impacting the lives of everyone around them, their own families most of all, then it's tough love time. Everyone is responsible for their own fate.

Comment

Would you be happy to have one of these facilities next door to you ? At the end of the day, it has to be next door to someone. And please dont use some "thats an xxx argument" and i wont be answering, its an honest question.

Imagine a society of 500 people. We all work, carry our own weight but someone decides they dont want to work anymore, starts stealing the food you grow, the things you work hard to make, should they still be allowed to be part of the society ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Do we get pages of pearl clutching melodrama from RDIII evertime he leaves his leafy gated community enclave? That anecdote is pretty low on the Knick Knack impunity scale.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is damascus gate good? Usually go to the cedar tree or shouk for that kind of food but saw on tripadvisor it's #40 of 2000+ restaurants in dublin?
                                                        Looking for a place to eat tomorrow

Comment

But seriously there is stuff that is tolerated in public in Ireland that just isn’t in other places from the top down.
                                                          Also hasn’t New York’s broken windows policing myth been utterly discredited? New York’s crime rate dropped because they’ve turned it into Disney land for rich people (and abortions/lead poisoning)

Comment

Roe V Wade cleaned up New York.

Comment

HAMSTERDAM

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                HAMSTERDAM
                                                                Good to see you amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  But seriously there is stuff that is tolerated in public in Ireland that just isn’t in other places from the top down.
                                                                  Also hasn’t New York’s broken windows policing myth been utterly discredited? New York’s crime rate dropped because they’ve turned it into Disney land for rich people (and abortions/lead poisoning)
                                                                  "However, other studies do not find a cause and effect relationship between the adoption of such policies and decreases in crime. The decrease may have been part of a broader trend across the United States. Other cities also experienced less crime, even though they had different police policies. Other factors, such as the 39% drop in New York City's unemployment rate, could also explain the decrease reported by Kelling and Sousa."

Comment

Dropped a bomb in work today (by email). Absolute carnage has ensued with the Dean chasing around trying to sort out the neer-do-wells.

Some fucker who has the diplomacy of an elephant in a China shop has thought for about a month or so that he was briefing against me. Not realising he has no upport and everyone was telling me what he was planning.

Fast forward to today and it's the day before the big decision. I send an innocent enough email with the right people on cc. He falls right for it, in almost a picture-perfect fashion. Whip off my reply which was the real message. Cue this guy disintegrating before our faces on the email thread. Even the Dean was feeling for him at the end in the way you would a pet with three legs.

Can't really say anymore except it's like one of those events where you think - if absolutely everything worked out perfect this is how it would work.

I keep having to do this every three or so months. Someone gets uppity, I do a strategic shaming, then they all fall back until someone decides it's time to go again.
                                                                    Have to imagine brow beating academics has to be like shooting fish in a barrel.
                                                                    Actually, I see it somewhere close by sometimes

Comment

Posted this before. Was chatting to a homeless woman near where I live, she was quite well on in years by then. She had worked and lived in the area and was driven to homelessness by domestic violence, the street was where she stayed.

A homeless man near me actually used to live in my apartment, lost his job and couldn't afford a new place. He got turfed out, had to stay on the streets and turned to alcohol.

Both were absolutely lovely people when talked to but quickly the signs of addiction and mental health deteriorating could be seen. They started looping in their speech, couldn't say what they thought and only had bouts of coherence, if it wasn't the morning you'd be getting nothing out of them as their imbibed stupor becomes more pronounced as the day goes on. They were so fucking happy that somebody would even look at or talk to them. I can't even remember their stories properly which is sad.

Comment

We need more funding for our mental health service, and in particular dedicated psychological trauma treatment centres, as trauma is at the root of opiate addiction.

Most heroin addicts were sexually abused as children. I've had people who were set on fire or raped from the age of 5, then throw in years of being in the grip of a substance that poisons your body, mind, and spirit, homelessness, prison, having your children taken away, being viewed as scum by society etc.

There are no easy solutions to this, either compassionate or law and order ones.

Comment

Meanwhile however, addicts are having a highly negative impact on the rest of society (how much crime is committed by addicts? You posit examples of addicts being attacked but ignore the far greater level of crime they inflict on others). They suck up resources from the rest of us.
                                                                          So yeah, treat them and get them cured if you can. If you can't and they persist in negatively impacting the lives of everyone around them, their own families most of all, then it's tough love time. Everyone is responsible for their own fate.
                                                                          That's just it, it doesn't have to lovely, aspirational stuff, it can be real policy and can have a real impact.

Yes, addicts can have a negative impact and yes they commit crime, to fund their habit, which is why having a place they can go and take the drugs, supplied by the state would radically reduce the amount of crime.

Originally posted by oleras
                                                                          Would you be happy to have one of these facilities next door to you ? At the end of the day, it has to be next door to someone. And please dont use some "thats an xxx argument" and i wont be answering, its an honest question.
                                                                          Yes, it has to be beside someone and if next to me was deemed to be the best place for it, then so be it. Of course there would be concerns, but I would expect it to be run properly by qualified people so it would be safe for all, users, staff and the local community. It is done in other countries and it works so why can't it be done here?

Originally posted by oleras
                                                                          Imagine a society of 500 people. We all work, carry our own weight but someone decides they dont want to work anymore, starts stealing the food you grow, the things you work hard to make, should they still be allowed to be part of the society ?
                                                                          That's slightly different and not based on addiction but to give a straight answer, if somebody stole, then yes there should be punishment but as with any punishment, you have to take into account any mitigating circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            Most heroin addicts were sexually abused as children.

This! I was horrified by how many of the people that came to the soup told us that they were abused as a child.

There was quite a few nights that I came home and broke down crying after listening to some of the stories.

Comment

I think people like to think they are above or immune to things like that, that they are too strong willed or too smart when so much of it comes down to trauma. That people that suffer these things are lesser than them. My ex was abused since she was a child, by her parents and then her ex bf, and is one of the smartest and strong willed people I have met - it doesn't matter as much as you'd think. Struggled through her physics degree picking up change off the ground for food and trying to work. Got through it. Then doing a physics masters she became addicted to drugs from the trauma of it all, even though it was long in the past, ate so little she was practically bones and nearly dead, so I had to go and bring her home to Ireland and nurse her back to health over years, with the aid of the psychological services here. Definitively be dead or homeless/addict otherwise. Thanks to services here now has a job helping other abused people. Most people aren't so lucky to have anybody to support them at all, well you see those ones on the street, the ones still alive that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                "However, other studies do not find a cause and effect relationship between the adoption of such policies and decreases in crime. The decrease may have been part of a broader trend across the United States. Other cities also experienced less crime, even though they had different police policies. Other factors, such as the 39% drop in New York City's unemployment rate, could also explain the decrease reported by Kelling and Sousa."
                                                                                Myriad of factors affecting NY crime rates, Wade vs Roe, Broken Windows etc all touted in popular literature via Gladwell & Levitt.
                                                                                Both have had criticisms and other factors as you said have contributed, it was never a case that one simple solution could solve such a complex issue but they're nice narratives.

Very plausible chance that Wade vs Roe will be challenged in the near future. I read an excellent article on recent decisions in red states as well as supreme court ignoring stare decisis in an unrelated case that sets a precedent which worries some other Supreme Court justices,
                                                                                Justice Stephen Breyer wrote that the decision “even though it is a well-reasoned decision that has caused no serious practical problems in the four decades since we decided it. Today’s decision can only cause one to wonder which cases the Court will overrule next.”

Unfortunately we may have a situation where we can see the effects of banning abortion on the crime rates of a population that previously allowed abortion.

Comment

The real scumbags are living in leafy suburbs feasting on these victims much like the bankers have done in recent years .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Good to see you amigo.
                                                                                    Cheers buddy. Still hanging around, just no time to post esp during the day. All good though. Fair play on the veggie thing, something I could do with trying.

Comment

Doesnt everywhere have leaves? Never really understood that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        The real scumbags are living in leafy suburbs feasting on these victims much like the bankers have done in recent years .
                                                                                        No, the real scumbags are the people who would steal the phone from your 12 year old when they are walking around town with their mates on a saturday, the reason we cant live in a decent society.

Im sure you met your friends in town as a teen, albeit you probably had fuck all in your pockets, but doubt the mother was worried for your safety.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          Deep

Comment

Cmon Koepka-don’t get the lack of love for him, great to see someone fueled by grudges like that-doesn’t mince his words. Anyone but “Rosey”

Comment

Spot the Culchie

Comment

Should crowdfund a road trip for Denny and RDIII to some rural backwaters over the summer. I’d devour the TRip reports. Send them to

Comment

Everyone being responsible for their own fate suggests we have equal starting points. I had everything growing up was relatively easy to make something of myself. If you grow up in a crack den and a large part of society wants to cast you off as a scumbag are you still fully responsible or are you a failing of the system? How does tough love fix that or does it just get them out of our sight and we can pretend we haven't failed them?
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

.............
                                                                                                    Yes I would have a facility beside me, it has to go somewhere.

Your 500 person analogy is laughable. Decides to stop working at steal? I don't think that's quite how it happens. Who would consciously choose a life like that
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Yes I would have a facility beside me, it has to go somewhere.

Your 500 person analogy is laughable. Decides to stop working at steal? I don't think that's quite how it happens. Who would consciously choose a life like that
                                                                                                      Single you or family you with kids out the back garden ? quiet happy to have people shooting up next door to you and your family ?

No you wouldn't, or even shouldent.

Ill bow out cos i have had a few, but how closed a shop is swissport ? saw a guy driving the stairs for the back of the plane last week and looked like he hadnt a bother in the world. Checked snn and no jobs being offered atm.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Single you or family you with kids out the back garden ? quiet happy to have people shooting up next door to you and your family ?

No you wouldn't, or even shouldent.

Ill bow out cos i have had a few, but how closed a shop is swissport ? saw a guy driving the stairs for the back of the plane last week and looked like he hadnt a bother in the world. Checked snn and no jobs being offered atm.
                                                                                                        Fair point on the family thing. Easier for me to say single.

Haha I'm not sure at all about the hiring of swissport. If imagine anyone in airline trade I hiring April ish for the summer season and wouldn't be doing much recruitment at this time, but honestly I don't know.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Should crowdfund a road trip for Denny and RDIII to some rural backwaters over the summer. I’d devour the TRip reports. Send them to
                                                                                                          Ha, the mrs is from a rural backwater so I'm out there a lot. I have some phrases learned off:

"De store bullocks are doin' well at de mart, so I hear"

"Will Galway bate Mayo?"

"Dem lads up in Dublin have no interest in rural Ireland"

Etc

Gets you through ~90% of social interactions.

Comment

If in Mayo especially north Mayo, just order pints of special and you will be treated like on of the locals before you finish the second one

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              I agree , of course not, but barking about them being a scourge on society but offering no route for them to be otherwise isn't gonna help much either. I haven't the first clue what the answer is but the current set up is shite.
                                                                                                              Decriminalize small possession charges and treat them as a social issue a la Portugal is a good start. Supervised injection centres is another. Although nobody including the fucking HSE will allow it near them. If we aren't offering any solution we can't give out about it.
                                                                                                              Prisons are not the right place for them but properly funded mental health institutions where they can be committed seems sensible.

A lot of the real problem cases are people with mental health issues and who happen to be drug users ie. self medicating.

It’s not good for anyone themselves included for mentally unwell people to be roaming the streets - look at the guy who stabbed his friend in o’connell St after talking to god. Hard to argue that he shouldn’t have been committed against his will.

Comment

Dropped a bomb in work today (by email). Absolute carnage has ensued with the Dean chasing around trying to sort out the neer-do-wells.

Some fucker who has the diplomacy of an elephant in a China shop has thought for about a month or so that he was briefing against me. Not realising he has no upport and everyone was telling me what he was planning.

Fast forward to today and it's the day before the big decision. I send an innocent enough email with the right people on cc. He falls right for it, in almost a picture-perfect fashion. Whip off my reply which was the real message. Cue this guy disintegrating before our faces on the email thread. Even the Dean was feeling for him at the end in the way you would a pet with three legs.

Can't really say anymore except it's like one of those events where you think - if absolutely everything worked out perfect this is how it would work.

I keep having to do this every three or so months. Someone gets uppity, I do a strategic shaming, then they all fall back until someone decides it's time to go again.

Given how bad you are at this on this thread, I can only assume the level of scheming involved amounted to little more than I know you are but what am I?
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just a few days left until the second season of Dark. Plenty of time to binge watch the first for those who missed it.

The Dark Trilogy continues with season 2 on June 21st, only on Netflix. Watch Dark, Only on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/80100172SUBSCRIBE: http://...

And to save a quick google, exactly the way we used to call a Snickers a Marathon, most of Europe called a Twix a Raider

Werbespot von Twix, als er noch Raider hieß, bzw. gerade umbenannt werden sollte.______________________Weiter geht's bei http://www.telenostalgie.de
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Can't ever see the words 'the Dean' without thinking of Homer:

Comment

Ha, the mrs is from a rural backwater so I'm out there a lot. I have some phrases learned off:

"De store bullocks are doin' well at de mart, so I hear"

"Will Galway bate Mayo?"

"Dem lads up in Dublin have no interest in rural Ireland"

Etc

Gets you through ~90% of social interactions.
                                                                                                                      Are ya down for the Fhestival?

Comment

So why has (for example) New Orleans graph gone the other way? NYC used to have similar stats.

Comment

Are ya down for the Fhestival?
                                                                                                                          No, France for 3 weeks eating the bulk of my holidays.

Do a long w/e down there in August and will call into Dunmore for pintz.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X