Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Jesus

#prayforShrap

Comment

I now understand what a cheese eating surrender monkey is

Comment

When the rain looks that bad on TV it must be horrendous IRL. I wouldn't be making any judgements on a game like that.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

When Wayne Barnes is head and shoulders the outstanding person on the pitch...it says a lot...
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jesus

Shrap. I'm up the road from yis if you need to share some cheese. That is a joke.

Comment

Done a treble, leg 1 horse broke loose through the stalls, Leg 2 Williams got beat 5-0 in the snooker and leg 3 France with the best effort of the 3

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                From a quick look having never seen it before, that seems like the kind of equipment. I more meant though that a physical gym implements that kind of equipment. I presume it is still exorbitantly expensive kit so have the gym kitted out with the technology and pay the normal monthly/yearly fee to use the gym. People then log into an account and can compete with people online, people in the gym, etc.
                You can go to pelethon gyms in the US.

If you want to set up a basic computer controlled setup in your home you need a bicycle, a suitable turbo trainer (from €200 to €2k), and various suitable PC bits and pieces.
                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

That was brutal. Don't know whether to stick it in the aftertiming thread or not, but I saw that coming a million miles away.

Sick of this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    Done a treble, leg 1 horse broke loose through the stalls, Leg 2 Williams got beat 5-0 in the snooker and leg 3 France with the best effort of the 3
                    Love Mark Williams Twitter game

Comment

Joseph D Reitman, holy shit, this guy went from banging Shannon Elizabeth (Married 2006-08) to banging Annie Duke (Engaged 2010-12), that’s surely like Fedor Holz quitting the High Rollers for the 10 euro rebuys at his local pub.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        You always had a soft spot for the Frenchies

Comment

What a day of Rugby and Racing, perfik.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Continuing the cheese theme. Got some tete de moines in a post-Christmas clearance, complete with machine. The kids are ridic impressed with it's make-your-own-cheese process.

Bought one of these bad boys today. Kit + kilo or so of cheese. Easily my best life decision. Although the cheese is really fcking expensive. About €26 for the standard 800g block of tete de moines cheese. Tried shopping around as its a bit outrageously priced, but thats just the going rate.

As you can imagine the kids find it to be the best cheese ever as you make your own cheese flower.

Rusbot bug?

Comment

East Fife have to be worth a bet at 3.1 against Bohs in the Scottish League Challenge Cup today. First competitive game of the season for Bohs with a lot of new young players, East Fife in good form in midseason but with best player injured.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  House selling woes. FIL and missus are convinced it's over 20 years ago but I've no way to prove it? or do I? Is it a case of just ponying up for the cert?
                                  A cert of compliance with what exactly. Planning or building regs?
                                  And why is 20 years the cut off.
                                  Planning is easy to deal with.
                                  Building regs, a nightmare tbh

Comment

Possibly just me, or my tv, but has Greg Laidlaw's pass gotten a lot slower?

Comment

O'Mahony has the psycho head on. We'll smash the spread here.

Healy FTS pls.

Comment

Earls.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Earls.
                                          England seem to be out to get him too. Itoje could have been yellowed there as well.

Comment

Healy FTS pls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              A cert of compliance with what exactly. Planning or building regs?
                                              And why is 20 years the cut off.
                                              Planning is easy to deal with.
                                              Building regs, a nightmare tbh
                                              All I have is what was in the mail.
                                              As they said they need an architect cert, I'm guessing planning.
                                              I've no idea why 20 years is the cut off, that nugget came from solicitors
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

England seem to be out to get him too. Itoje could have been yellowed there as well.
                                                England's physicality is off the charts.
                                                Their cuntishness remains the same
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Itoje seems like such a horrible prick, doesn't he? Even if it is 'only during the game's, he's still a prick.

Comment

With Hartley and Brown gone, they actually seem relatively cuntless.

Comment

Need to up up the tempo here

Comment

Comment

Bizzare

Comment

Out muscled and outplayed today. Not one backline move of note from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Bizzare
                                                              Ref hasnt covered himself in glory today

Comment

Ref hasnt covered himself in glory today
                                                                Better team wins tbf.

Comment

Destroyed in every department. Five figure win makes the defeat more palatable though.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    Out muscled and outplayed today. Not one backline move of note from us.
                                                                    Lessons:

Earls is gone.
                                                                    Henshaw is not an international full back.
                                                                    We should start Carberry in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Amazing England went off favs last two Six nations clashes with us and tomorrows match is priced 1/3 Ireland 10/3 England. Hard to believe our rise/their demise is as dramatic as that especially considering they had a much tougher Autumn international schedule and were a dodgy TMO decision late on against NZ from doing the sweep in those. While their vulnerabilities were shown early last season it could be argued that period was an outlier in results since last WC. Obv we couldn't have been much more impressive last year but still hard to avoid smashing up England at a historically high odds vs us.
                                                                      Great call, that man.

Comment

Anybody need some French cheese? Plenty to spare.

You got outplayed by a much more physical side, who wanted it more tbh. Poor Irish performance, strong England one.

Wide open now

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

You got outplayed by a much more physical side, who wanted it more tbh. Poor Irish performance, strong England one.

Wide open now
                                                                          You must have greatly enjoyed typing that.

Comment

You must have greatly enjoyed typing that.
                                                                            Just a little bit, but you lost against the better team, we gave it away on a silver platter to the shittier team.

Comment

...

Comment

In a new variant of black face, it seems that black face 25 years ago is now a relevant resigning matter. Our kids are screwed. Not on them doing blackface probably, but theres bound to be something stupid that gets recorded before they reach an age of non-stupidity.
                                                                                Think there's a bizarre obsession with expecting everyone to have been perfect throughout their life but don't think it's close to being over the top to give him shit over that.

Snap resign imo

Comment

In a new variant of black face, it seems that black face 25 years ago is now a relevant resigning matter. Our kids are screwed. Not on them doing blackface probably, but theres bound to be something stupid that gets recorded before they reach an age of non-stupidity.
                                                                                  I was kinda onboard with you until I read the piece.

Northam had apologized on Friday, saying he was one of the people shown in the photo, which depicted one person in blackface standing next to another in a Ku Klux Klan costume
                                                                                  So, if nothing else, he is demonstrably too stupid to hold a position of responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    Watch the match in Hitch's gaff?
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Also, 35 years ago, not 25 years ago.

Comment

...

Comment

I was kinda onboard with you until I read the piece.

So, if nothing else, he is demonstrably too stupid to hold a position of responsibility.

So so dumb

Comment

Is he though? He was early twenties at the time. I just don't see any connection between the person then and the person now, especially as he is demonstrably different - he specifically ran on an inclusive campaign. Now maybe that was a lie, but I imagine not.

We're dooming a decent percentage of our combined kids across this forum to a whole lot of trouble in their futures if this 'be judged for life based on stupid youth decisions' is the new society rule. I know you'll tell your kids to be careful, but one day they'll be at uni and be being influenced by others. Same with everyone else.

This is a crazy dangerous route to go down.
                                                                                            His recent abortion comments show he still makes stupid decisions.

Comment

...

Comment

...Not sure what is worse with regards the governor...The fact that he was a black face beside a KKK for his year book (obviously the worst), the fact that whatever university he was in actually allowed this in his year book, or that has actually come out a few hours after talking about it to say in fact he isn't even in the picture, that he was slightly darker to do a Michael Jackson musical...

Comment

...

Comment

"depicted one person in blackface standing next to another in a Ku Klux Klan costume"

Comment

Trying to understand the maths of neural network derivation is perhaps not a task for 1:45am local time. Just thinking back over last 30 minutes and not sure I can recall a single thing I painstakingly listened too.
                                                                                                      The maths looks similar to some I did last year. Do you need to know the underlying? Are you doing a course?

I'm interested to hear how that UL MSc goes this year, 1st year or two of it probably won't be great but I suspect they'll have huge interest again irrespective of reviews

Comment

All I have is what was in the mail.
                                                                                                        As they said they need an architect cert, I'm guessing planning.
                                                                                                        I've no idea why 20 years is the cut off, that nugget came from solicitors
                                                                                                        First step i'd ask them what exactly are they looking for a certificate of compliance with. Justvto nail it down. I wouldn't mention planning or building regs, so as not to prompt. Kinda surprised a solicitor would use vague language like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          First step i'd ask them what exactly are they looking for a certificate of compliance with. Justvto nail it down. I wouldn't mention planning or building regs, so as not to prompt. Kinda surprised a solicitor would use vague language like that.
                                                                                                          Solicitors use dumb language all the time.

There was a clause in our contract that if the deal is not complete by 28-Fwb, that we would be lliable for penalty interest at 10% p.a. - which would be several grand per month.

I told him to either take it out or revise it into several clauses that would clearly define who was to blame for the delay (us, seller, seller's solicitor, our solicitor), how that would be determined and that the party causing delay should pay, who they should pay to etc.
                                                                                                          Legal mind blown. Clause removed.

Comment

Is he though? He was early twenties at the time. I just don't see any connection between the person then and the person now, especially as he is demonstrably different - he specifically ran on an inclusive campaign. Now maybe that was a lie, but I imagine not.

We're dooming a decent percentage of our combined kids across this forum to a whole lot of trouble in their futures if this 'be judged for life based on stupid youth decisions' is the new society rule. I know you'll tell your kids to be careful, but one day they'll be at uni and be being influenced by others. Same with everyone else.

This is a crazy dangerous route to go down.
                                                                                                            Agree to an extent but really given what we now know about social media parents have the responsibility to educate their children on the life ruining consequences in store of some Twitter asshat disagrees with you about something and decides to weaponise your youthful indiscretions(not specifically talking about blackface guy here btw) . These social media pile ons happen pretty regular and their is rarely any allowance given for the scope of people to change grow - it’s just let’s ruin this persons life and on to the next one

Comment

The hype swing from “best team in the world” and working out our path to the World Cup final to the aftermath of yesterday’s game was hilarious
                                                                                                              Sounds like there was a lot of people at the game yest who know even less about rugby than me also, lots of complaints about the crowd in the boards match thread

Comment

Can anyone recommend pubs in Dublin that do really good platters, that would also have some decent vegetarian options?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  The hype swing from “best team in the world” and working out our path to the World Cup final to the aftermath of yesterday’s game was hilarious
                                                                                                                  Sounds like there was a lot of people at the game yest who know even less about rugby than me also, lots of complaints about the crowd in the boards match thread

I think people find comfort in binary analysis and find it difficult to see past the last result or appreciate the fine lines between success and failure when two sides of similar ability face off. Since last World Cup i think ourselves and England have comfortably been the 2nd/3rd best sides in world, in what order is hard say and wouldn't alter that stance after yesterday. Both have gone on long unbeaten runs with notable scalps, both have won silverware and we're 2-2 in head to heads in that period with both of us winning on the others ground.

Maintaining hunger after wininng a title is one of the toughest psychological hurdles in sport, think we saw that to a degree with England last year and with ourselves yesterday, they looked hurt and out to prove a point yesterday and intensity levels and appetite for victory was far greater than ours on the day. Getting that hunger back in the short term isn't easy either, losing can be as infectious a habit as winning, so that coupled with the tired bodies from yesterday id say we could struggle next week too but it may stand to us going into World Cup where the intense media focus may well tamper a little as the knee jerk doom professors will turn on Ireland as quick as they had them destined for glory after last years slam.

As for the crowd yesterday in the Aviva, it's hardly a change from the usual Lansdowne roar.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 03-02-19, 12:41.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This article didn’t age well (it was fairly pompous to begin with)
                                                                                                                    Gordon D'Arcy: An open letter to Eddie Jones
                                                                                                                    via The Irish Times

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        This article didn’t age well (it was fairly pompous to begin with)
                                                                                                                        Gordon D'Arcy: An open letter to Eddie Jones
                                                                                                                        via The Irish Times
                                                                                                                        https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ones-1.3767117
                                                                                                                        It's behind a paywall.
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Doing the Andrew Ng deeplearning series of courses on Coursera. Its not difficult maths - quite basic really around derivatives etc. It's more keeping attention at 2am to screens and screens of stuff that look like this! Andrew loves deriving his stuff from the core basics. All great and needed, of course.

I started one recently but the self-motivation for Coursera courses is tough to gather sometimes. I also signed up for a Springboard Course similar to the one Denny mentioned. It should be manageable and adds some structure, 12 months total I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X