Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Is that not just another version of the completely meaningless Briggs Meyer bullshit?
    Think it's slightly better than. Bizarrely Bridgewater use the Briggs Meyer.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      There's always particular flaws in all models.

Comment

Is that not just another version of the completely meaningless Briggs Meyer bullshit?
        Nuts how many big companies still use Briggs Meyer or some tweaked version. glorified horoscopes, Handy Money for the companies who base courses around it
        Last edited by Guest; 25-01-19, 12:02.

Comment

On a similar theme saw that the Stanford experiment has finally been properly exposed as a fraud.
          I’d say an awful lot of psychology studies lean towards BS. They are finding a lot of them cannot be replicated
          Last edited by Guest; 25-01-19, 12:00.

Comment

Openness to experience 83 out of 100
            Agreeableness 71 out of 100
            Conscientiousness 71 out of 100
            Negative emotionality 29 out of 100
            Extraversion 79 out of 100

A lot of descriptions are good then it gets to this

High conscientiousness: You are one of the organized, the responsible, the possibly just-a-wee-bit boring. The highly conscientious can be thought of as the carriers of tradition. They’re likely to be religious and join organized clubs like the Elks or the local bowling league. People like you work hard, and your boss probably loves your well-planned productivity. You’re likely politically conservative. And your sense of commitment and attention to the little details make you great to date and stable in marriage. If all of that fails to sell you to a potential partner, try this: Some research suggests that the spouses of highly conscientious people can end up with better health than they otherwise would have. Frankly, “hey, baby, I’ll increase your positive health outcomes” may well be the most “highly conscientious” pickup line imaginable.
            Couldn't be less organised, religious, well planned or politically conservative if I tried, bowling league sounds good though

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              A lot of descriptions are good then it gets to this

Couldn't be less organised, religious, well planned or politically conservative if I tried, bowling league sounds good though
              lol got the same and thought the same.

i'm very middle of the road

Openness to experience 54 out of 100
              Agreeableness 46 out of 100
              Conscientiousness 67 out of 100
              Negative emotionality 46 out of 100
              Extraversion 42 out of 100

Comment

FBI going for a bit of drama with the Roger Stone arrest

Roger Stone has been indicted by a grand jury on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller, who alleges that the longtime Donald Trump associate soug...
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

openness to experience 63 out of 100
                  agreeableness 46 out of 100
                  conscientiousness 54 out of 100
                  negative emotionality 33 out of 100
                  extraversion 58 out of 100

My organisation compared to IPB make me look like a fucking Nazi
                  Attached Files

Comment

Openness to experience 75 out of 100
                    Agreeableness 63 out of 100
                    Conscientiousness 25 out of 100
                    Negative emotionality 29 out of 100
                    Extraversion 29 out of 100

Far too much weighting on key questions.
                    I reran it a few times and more active and socializing skews the results a far bit
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Conscientiousness 75 out of 100
                      Negative emotionality 0 out of 100
                      Extraversion 46 out of 100

Comment

Interview with jack Dorsey

What was your most memorable encounter with Zuckerberg?

Well, there was a year when he was only eating what he was killing. He made goat for me for dinner. He killed the goat.

In front of you?

No. He killed it before. I guess he kills it. He kills it with a laser gun and then the knife. Then they send it to the butcher.

A . . . laser gun?

I don’t know. A stun gun. They stun it, and then he knifed it. Then they send it to a butcher. Evidently in Palo Alto there’s a rule or regulation that you can have six livestock on any lot of land, so he had six goats at the time. I go, “We’re eating the goat you killed?” He said, “Yeah.” I said, “Have you eaten goat before?” He’s like, “Yeah, I love it.” I’m like, “What else are we having?” “Salad.” I said, “Where is the goat?” “It’s in the oven.” Then we waited for about 30 minutes. He’s like, “I think it’s done now.” We go in the dining room. He puts the goat down. It was cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Conscientiousness 75 out of 100
                          Negative emotionality 0 out of 100
                          Extraversion 46 out of 100
                          you're a machine!

Comment

Openness to experience
                            92 out of 100
                            Agreeableness
                            88 out of 100
                            Conscientiousness
                            29 out of 100
                            Negative emotionality
                            25 out of 100
                            Extraversion
                            79 out of 100
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...Quick excel question...I have a total number, split between hit and miss.. I have the % hit...How do I get the chart to have the % line going across the chart, if the hit is on the bottom and miss is on the top?...
                              ...I've been told Lazare will come back 1st...

Comment

The True believers are really starting to lose it, Rees Top hat wants to shut down parliament and suspending democracy to prevent them crashing out with no deal

Yesterday the head of Airbus warned that just because we are huge and employ close on 200K people don't think we will wait around if you crash out.

Then some random Johnny Gammon brexiteer MP with a delightfully foreign name responds to the CEO of Aribus with this beaut

LOL Brexiteers

He's just some uber twat that writes for the daily mail but he doesn't really do well when faced with reality

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Apparently I'm a weirdo.

Openness to experience
                                  33 out of 100
                                  Agreeableness
                                  63 out of 100
                                  Conscientiousness
                                  71 out of 100
                                  Negative emotionality
                                  21 out of 100
                                  Extraversion
                                  42 out of 100

Comment

I remember when he used to brighten up all our days
                                    Last edited by Frank Gibney; 25-01-19, 18:24.
                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Come back Rigger

Comment

It's a completely different model and the predictive value is far greater. There's aspects of it that are better understood than others, and some overlap in places which skews things. Also that questionaire is far too short for an accurate result IMO.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Openness to experience
                                            96 out of 100
                                            Agreeableness
                                            71 out of 100
                                            Conscientiousness
                                            54 out of 100
                                            Negative emotionality
                                            33 out of 100
                                            Extraversion
                                            21 out of 100
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Edit - Nevermind, found it
                                              Last edited by Lao Lao; 25-01-19, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                Edit - Nevermind, found it
                                                A quality ace stream

1d36b8ca93f65c10fd5e6a1faae63f62c10b3b14

Comment

A really good article on Irish rugby. Well worth a read.

Even within the context of that article I must be an outlier as I have travelled to support every Irish team in France.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    The 'will Trump resign?' market went from 3s to 6s last week, after Mueller intervened.

It's really the 'do you think Mueller has a smoking gun big enough to take him down?' market so I might have a dabble and watch the swongs.

He'd want to be wrapping up sharpish though.
                                                    Reasonable day today.

Sander's non-denial denial was awesome.

Comment

I spent far too much time trying to find Christopher Moltisannti being pissed at somebody else being called an associate.

Comment

WI doing their best to match them. 18 wickets in the day.
                                                        Followed by a full day's play with zero wickets. Average it out and it all makes sense.

Comment

To all ye poor souls with young kids........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Helen McEntee did very well against a very strident and John Humphries on Radio 4 this morning , especially at not laughing in his face when he casually suggests first that it should be up to us to provide a solution and later that the obvious solution being that we leave with them

starts at 1:10 into this

Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Comment

Helen McEntee did very well against a very strident and John Humphries on Radio 4 this morning , especially at not laughing in his face when he casually suggests first that it should be up to us to provide a solution and later that the obvious solution being that we leave with them

starts at 1:10 into this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00026ky
                                                              What the actual Fuck?!

The delusion is so strong.

Comment

Openness to experience
                                                                58 out of 100
                                                                Agreeableness
                                                                67 out of 100
                                                                Conscientiousness
                                                                46 out of 100
                                                                Negative emotionality
                                                                29 out of 100
                                                                Extraversion
                                                                50 out of 100

All a bit beige tbh, I thought 3 & definitely 5 would be higher

I did what i thought was an interesting one as part of an interview, Richie might know it from a description I can't remember the name.

You were given 4 words and asked to rank them individually 1-4, in the event multiple words were given the same score, you had to pick the most applicable between the two so I assume the one you pick of the two may be given substantially more weight than it would have been if no stalemate occurred.
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 26-01-19, 13:15.

Comment

Openness to experience
                                                                  50 out of 100
                                                                  Agreeableness
                                                                  58 out of 100
                                                                  Conscientiousness
                                                                  54 out of 100
                                                                  Negative emotionality
                                                                  42 out of 100
                                                                  Extraversion

71 out of 100

Will read later what this says. Just did the quiz thing.

Comment

Got some people to do an empathy test recently, one used to screen for things like indication of autism. Of those that scored really low (bordering autistic levels and one well within that) they had no idea that they would do so and considered themselves empathetic. Was quite interesting to me. There are different types of empathy so not sure how it plays into the overall picture.

On another note I see PTSB doing away with most free current accounts unless you keep 2.5k in the account at all times, switcheroo time.
                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-01-19, 13:35.

Comment

Surely not nearly enough questions in that to get an accurate reading. Always a bit dubious of personality tests, think you could answer some of those wildly different depending on your mood. Always a bit intrigued of their use in Psychoanalysis.

Someone more in the know, Hotspur perhaps, how much credence or weight do you give to personality tests when prescribing a condition or medication? Would biases like the fact someone would be more likely to be at a natural low(post bad breakup or whatever) when they're seeing you be considered and could skew results?
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Openness to experience
                                                                        42 out of 100
                                                                        Agreeableness
                                                                        79 out of 100
                                                                        Conscientiousness
                                                                        75 out of 100
                                                                        Negative emotionality
                                                                        58 out of 100
                                                                        Extraversion
                                                                        63 out of 100

No idea what it means. I'm prob a cunt ��
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Joel's technique of quantity over quality claims another victim.
                                                                          Feel like I need to walk very slowly very carefully for the next few hours to digest this.
                                                                          Or throw modertly expensive whiskey on top to break it down
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Openness to experience
                                                                            54 out of 100
                                                                            Agreeableness
                                                                            96 out of 100
                                                                            Conscientiousness
                                                                            71 out of 100
                                                                            Negative emotionality
                                                                            42 out of 100
                                                                            Extraversion
                                                                            38 out of 100.

Quiz says I am Ned Flanders. NED FUCKING FLANDERS...

Somebody shoot me.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hitch >>>> Zizek

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    What rank amateur would choose pornhub over chaturbate?
                                                                                    You're a sick sick man bud

Comment

Came across this recently, joyful indie rock from Brazil.

instagram.com/bandamaisbonitaMúsica de Leo Fressato.pré-produção & conceito: Cassiana MaranhaUyara TorrenteVinícius Nisi direção: Vinícius Nisifotografia:And...

Reminds me a a bit of the national. Lazare I think you in particular would like this. If you like this their album is great.

Comment

wtf with no lunchtime 49's results yet?

Comment

Still awaiting analysis on latest Hutch\Kinahan moves rounders!

McGregor gone to the dogs analysis also welcome.

Comment

Still awaiting analysis on latest Hutch\Kinahan moves rounders!

McGregor gone to the dogs analysis also welcome.
                                                                                            The death of Det Supt Fox is the key. Hard to say anything without the findings coming to light if they ever do which I greatly doubt. How come these investigations are being pushed back time and again. The Regency hit plan was great but they made an absolute balls of the execution of it. Look at that tool from the north they used being a perfect example. Checked in to the actual hotel!. Fled mask less!.

Also McGregor I feel is gone to the game to a large extent but he isnt as badly off as people think. Crack dens in Dolphins Barn are a load of balls. Yes hes been holing up letting off steam but he will be back. I feel we have seen the best of him already at the very top level but a few big pay days await. The best we will see is matches versus washed up Diaz and the maybe a couple Bellator bullshit fights if he options. But hes not so off the charts that he wont be seen again and nothing of the downward trajectory most like to believe.

Comment

One thing I don't get about the Irish government position on the backstop. Coveney/Varadkar are saying that even if there is no deal there will not be a hard border, and they will work with the UK/EU in that case to prevent border checks, etc. If this is the case, why is there the need for a backstop to avoid a hard border when there is not going to be a hard border in the first place no matter what?

Is it all just bluster, and everyone knows there will be border checks of some kind but no one wants to admit it? It seems like it is counter productive to say there will be no border infrastructure if there actually must be because it will be insisted about.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                One thing I don't get about the Irish government position on the backstop. Coveney/Varadkar are saying that even if there is no deal there will not be a hard border, and they will work with the UK/EU in that case to prevent border checks, etc. If this is the case, why is there the need for a backstop to avoid a hard border when there is not going to be a hard border in the first place no matter what?

Is it all just bluster, and everyone knows there will be border checks of some kind but no one wants to admit it? It seems like it is counter productive to say there will be no border infrastructure if there actually must be because it will be insisted about.

I think what is happening is that everyone knows that in reality the only way it can possibly work that a real Brexit happens without the UK reneging on GFA is if the deal for NI as a dual status region is implemented.
                                                                                                That was on the table but redlined by the DUP despite it being a win win for the people of NI because it can't be parsed any other way than moving the EU border into the Irish sea and Arlene and her band of imbeciles didn't have the wit to boxed themselves and by extension the Tories into the current no win backstop.

If there is to be a crash out no deal in March any threat of border checks would be in the short term until a bilateral deal is worked out that will put the border in the Irish sea, this time the DUP will roll over when they realise its the only hope they have of holding the status quo in border poll.

Comment

Resistance on RTE is as good as any TV show I've seen. Pure drama.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Resistance on RTE is as good as any TV show I've seen. Pure drama.
                                                                                                    Am really enjoying it. It's very well done.

Comment

Its good to have tradition.
                                                                                                      Happy Royal Rumble folks

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone have cliffs on the doke/lappin v negranu spat on twitter? I find It very hard to Navigate twitter. So Finding the cause/issue Is proving troublesome.

Comment

He called DN out on his blog. The main issue seems to be stars cancelling supernova half way through the year. http://dokearney.blogspot.com/2019/01/oh-danny-boy.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              He called DN out on his blog. The main issue seems to be stars cancelling supernova half way through the year. http://dokearney.blogspot.com/2019/01/oh-danny-boy.html
                                                                                                              it all started when daniel tweeted 5 things that are bad for the game and calling nits a cancer on the game etc, think it was being a winning player, playing slow, being a nit, being shy/not talking and some other bullshit, basically he was saying if you arent like him you are bad for the game, lappin and doke called him out in their blogs about it, daniel then blocked doke no idea if he blocked david or not tho.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                it all started when daniel tweeted 5 things that are bad for the game and calling nits a cancer on the game etc, think it was being a winning player, playing slow, being a nit, being shy/not talking and some other bullshit, basically he was saying if you arent like him you are bad for the game, lappin and doke called him out in their blogs about it, daniel then blocked doke no idea if he blocked david or not tho.
                                                                                                                Two bald men fighting over a comb territory.

Like 99.9% of twitter content tbf.

Comment

The two of them are like children, liking every tweet the other sends. It’s gone off topic now and Dara seems to be looking for an apology for DN dressing up as a Jamaican 15 years ago.

They are coming off terribly. Ulterior motives for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                                    The two of them are like children, liking every tweet the other sends. It’s gone off topic now and Dara seems to be looking for an apology for DN dressing up as a Jamaican 15 years ago.

They are coming off terribly. Ulterior motives for sure.
                                                                                                                    People have been generally pissed off with Negreanu for a long time now, and it's culminating with this. There's nothing wrong with Doke/Lappin calling him out on it, and there's not many that disagree with them. Both blogs are posted towards the end of this thread and there's some discussion on Negreanu's latest antics too.

Comment

Dnegs is a creep and almost always wrong, but in this case whilst think doke makes some good points and arguments both positions are inherintly wrong. They are both attacking strawmen exaggerations of the type of player they claim to be against, and some of their discussion is just semantics, as in what is a nit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        People have been generally pissed off with Negreanu for a long time now, and it's culminating with this. There's nothing wrong with Doke/Lappin calling him out on it, and there's not many that disagree with them. Both blogs are posted towards the end of this thread and there's some discussion on Negreanu's latest antics too.
                                                                                                                        Posting the picture from 15 years ago in the blog post was a compete cheap shot. It had nothing to do with anything and anyway the world was a different place in 2004.

I used to like reading the two lads stuff, excellent blogs this time aswell by the way, but this following each other around liking every tweet and Lappin using big words like it makes him cool. Fuxk that, unfollowed both. Don’t like DN either by the way but the two boys are like podge and rodge over this.

Comment

My teacher told me that I’d never be any good at poetry because of my dyslexia, but so far I’ve made two jugs and a vase and I think they’re lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X