Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All kinds of Genius types floating about

Kevin Kilbane, Joe Molloy and Richie McCormack discuss Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish and his sheer brilliance and how he used shadows on the pitch to guide...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Did you ever read the Feynman autobiography? Excellent stuff. Called something like 'Surely you're joking, Mr Feynman?'. Comes across a little bit mad in a good way.
      Yeah that's the name of it. I read it earlier this year, it's very good, exactly as you say, mad in a good way.
      He seemed like a bit of an eccentric but in a different way than you'd imagine.

Comment

Waking up so drunk that you don't even bother to put your specs on to go to the jax is kinda excellent.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Black Friday madness got to me in the end and I went for the highly rated Ticwatch Pro. Seemingly one of the first smartwatches to kinda have things worked out.

Interestingly, as November is a bit of a tight month financially especially after the move last month, I clicked on the 'pay interest free in four installments' and was instantly accepted. Good to know Amazon has got my back, but a bit scared of the flexibility this offers in the future.
          You never fail to disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Nikka from the barrell is like 40 quid and better than Middleton. Bushmills is shite apart from 16yo.

Feynmann is a legend. can't beat his magnet talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8
            Green Spot Chateau Léoville Barton is the exiler of the gods
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Although I recently got a bottle of black barrell and am strangely excited to crack it open. I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                Although I recently got a bottle of black barrell and am strangely excited to crack it open. I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment
                It won't be. It's fuckin gorgeous

Comment

Anyone going for daytime pints in Dublin?

Comment

Made it as far as the Yellow House. Quiet.

Comment

Raging I missed the late late last night. lol @ Shane Lynch, what a gimp.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yep. There's a lot of people denoted as genius who just discovered what was going to be discovered anyway. E.g. those nuclear bomb folk
                        John von Neumann was one of those people though.

Comment

Where do people stand on artistic/creative genius?

Renoir, Monet, Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Jimi Hendrix to name a small few.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Very possible that England field an XI vs Sri Lanka tomorrow containing Woakes, Stokes and Foakes.

Undoubtedly the greatest cricketing moment since:
                            We did manage to get 3 * ct Foakes b Stokes today, so things are definitely looking up.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Renoir, Monet, Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Jimi Hendrix to name a small few.
                              Da Vinci candidate for greatest mind ever, cant think of any others who straddled the worlds of science and art to that level
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Hendrix is overrated. His cock only looked that impressive because he was so thin.

Comment

Tom the ancient bar man had the weirdest comb over ever. Resisting the urge to kick his baldy head

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    Hendrix is overrated. His cock only looked that impressive because he was so thin.
                                    I never saw his mickey.

Comment

Never been a fan of the guitar. Give me a tuba or French horn solo any day of the week.

Comment

I played the tenor horn in a marchimg band as a kid.

A note filler only a step away from irrelevance.

Comment

Bumped into my primary school headmaster/principal today. Hadn't seen him since last Monday in the gym.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Book a flight somewhere exotic CC. Its not worth the hangover unless you accidentally wake up in a new country.
                                              Fuck that. My favourite aa story ever was by Keith Donald. He'd been off the sauce for months, had a few, and became conscious again on stage somewhere in Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                Da Vinci candidate for greatest mind ever, cant think of any others who straddled the worlds of science and art to that level
                                                Bach did in his own way.

There is a brilliant book by Douglas hofstadter called Godel, escher, bach:the eternal golden braid,which explores patterns and similarities in the creational process that surround all three subjects. It's such a clever book, and this actually reminded me I need to read it again, as I last read it 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  Bach did in his own way.

There is a brilliant book by Douglas hofstadter called Godel, escher, bach:the eternal golden braid,which explores patterns and similarities in the creational process that surround all three subjects. It's such a clever book, and this actually reminded me I need to read it again, as I last read it 20 years ago.
                                                  every other Asian kid now putting the wide eyes ones to shame. I blame the tellybox

Comment

Corkscrew lad helped pick this, hoping it's on point. He seemed so excited when I asked for help as if he was going to lead me through a wonderful experience of finding the perfect wine for me. Was pretty crestfallen when I took that away from him and named a particular village I wanted wine from (Fleurie) and he didn't have it. Something similar at least. Don't worry CC, I'm not the wine wanker, it's for a friend.

Comment

Comment

Bach did in his own way.

Deffo my all time favourite non fiction book, picked up another copy of it the other day to give as a Christmas present.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The one great thing Black Friday helps you realise is that at least 90% of what is on Amazon is absolute tat

Comment

Bach did in his own way.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Deffo my all time favourite non fiction book, picked up another copy of it the other day to give as a Christmas present.
                                                            Nice one, that's been on my to-read list for years, must move it to the top of the queue.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

9.40 in the pm is such an excellent time to wake up at.

Comment

9.40 in the pm is such an excellent time to wake up at.
                                                                  Don't drive or operate heavy machinery.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Boca v river plate final just kicked off for anyone looking for some shite to watch. Should be a physical game. The fans are nuts
                                                                    ...So this was the 1st leg...You weren't wrong with the fans thing...2nd leg delayed because of riots...

Comment

Don't drive or operate heavy machinery.
                                                                      Decided to watch Fight Club for the first time this year.

Comment

Must be the first time that I've found Helena Bonham Carter hotter than Brad Pitt. Still think men having sex with women is the gayest thing ever.

Comment

Evanna Lynch dancing to It's oh so quiet... by Bjork.

It's oh so quiet

There's no live band or crowd sounds but it looks class none the less.
                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 24-11-18, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. New release on Neflix and the usual places.

Within the first 10 mins i knew i was onto something fantastic here...and it only got better.

Well worth a watch.
                                                                            Paused this to scroll back and say thank you.

Fantastic stuff alright, cheers Ole.

Comment

Went to see the Punch Brothers at the NCH during the week, great gig and their new album is excellent

Comment

Surprised black friday is still a thing. Like, you cant't buy a golly bar, or call brazil nuts nigger toes anymore. Yet you can still buy a variety of cream crackers.

Comment

Been ages since I saw a decent movie apart from A star is born and bohemian rhapsody...

Just finished this. Very good if you like who did it!!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Must be the first time that I've found Helena Bonham Carter hotter than Brad Pitt. Still think men having sex with women is the gayest thing ever.

Comment

Lol France. Jesus

Comment

Went to see the Punch Brothers at the NCH during the week, great gig and their new album is excellent
                                                                                        Saw them last weeks at the Barbican. Thought they were incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          Lol France. Jesus
                                                                                          GFYK

Comment

GFYK
                                                                                            Noted you were quiet last night alright...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                              Noted you were quiet last night alright...
                                                                                              Didn't watch it last night. Accidentally saw the score on twitter this morning. Not sure I really want to watch it now

Comment

Oh boy. Considering going to church to say a prayer for myself.

Comment

Oh boy. Considering going to church to say a prayer for myself.
                                                                                                  ...Lazare usually goes to the 11:30 mass if you want company...

Comment

Surprised black friday is still a thing. Like, you cant't buy a golly bar, or call brazil nuts nigger toes anymore. Yet you can still buy a variety of cream crackers.
                                                                                                    Meanwhile in Enniscorthy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...

Comment

Meanwhile in Enniscorthy
                                                                                                        The fact that his excuse is that he naive is the worst part

Someone needs to explain to him that the fact he never even thought it was a bad idea shows how racist he actually is

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Someone needs to explain to him that the fact he never even thought it was a bad idea shows how racist he actually is
                                                                                                          I think that is a ridiculous stance to take to be honest.

About three years ago I dressed up as an All Black for Halloween (I had a NZ jersey, seemed like an easy win). I didn't end up doing this but the thought crossed my mind to use eyeliner to do a Maori face tattoo to liven up the ensemble. It never even crossed my mind to go and google whether Maoris think that's ok or not, in fact to this day I have no idea if that would be totally ok, worse than blackface or anywhere in the middle.

I find it hard to accept that this ignorance on my part shows me up for the deeply anti-Polynesian racist that I am. I have no history of anti-Polynesian sentiment whatsoever.

Someone saying to me, 'listen mate, that's not considered kosher you should think about washing it off' is perfectly adequate to disabuse me, educate me and solve the problem without screaming at me that I'm a nasty fucking racist to go along with it surely?

Comment

Comment

Bournemouth all over Arsenal in the first half, and somehow Arsenal are ahead after a pretty cracking own goal from Lerma!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                I think that is a ridiculous stance to take to be honest.
                                                                                                                2:33 in the video

Comment

2:33 in the video
                                                                                                                  The tongue thing? He does that at the very beginning as well. I don't get it - is that a minstrel show reference or something?

Comment

No doubt Eamonhonda will be around with his outrage and get a protest going or something.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        The tongue thing? He does that at the very beginning as well. I don't get it - is that a minstrel show reference or something?
                                                                                                                        In that case saying my stance is "ridiculous" my be a bit of an overreaction on your part, no!?

Comment

Well first rewind 50 years before moving forward 2:33 mins. That's a clip from the US which had black slaves and from 1968. Whats the specific relevance to what a lad in Enniscorthy does? Did Enniscorthy also have black slaves and lynchings and lack of basic civil rights for African-Americans?
                                                                                                                          Christ!

out...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X