Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      @strew care to elaborate on the real story behind this and whether it is finally time to crack open our fellow men's skulls and feast on the gooey delights within?
      Interesting.
      Have been working flat out and traveling last few weeks and managed to miss that.
      First glance it looks like it could be huge for us, sounds like the attack is against the ubiquitous protocol which we don't use. One of my set pieces at demos is to describe it as 1970's technology and as secure as you'd expect etc. But there is always huge resistance to moving from something so we'll established.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Big shout out to DP for coming to my rescue with some dba help yesterday.... And maybe tomorrow too.

Salami in the Parrot cage this Christmas.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Without wanting to jinx anything, but isn't it mad how that period of terrorism maybe two years ago just suddenly vanished?
          I don't think it's gone away, it's more that the security forces are managing it better and snuffing out planned attacks before they take place or limiting them to small one or two man jobs that don't have the same impact.

Guy in Melbourne today went on a kniffing spree today with one dead is being put down as a terrorist attack.

Comment

Comment

That's the success I'm talking about. No-one anywhere able to get their hands on a gun or explosives. They need to go around inefficiently knifing people, at the very best.
              He had a car full of gas explosives ready to go until he was killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                My own steed Atlas should win tonight in DLK. Think relatively speaking he is quite a big price and a bet at 5/2. However, can't help but feel Miss Zizi is overpriced at 16/1 with PP going 4 places in the same race. Might chance a little forecast as well.

Edit - 20s with 4 places now.
                Did Atlas get the chop. See he's out in new colours tonight.

Comment

Comment

...Best place to catch the t.v. show bodyguard?...BBC player not available in Ireland...

Comment

So he had a bomb and choose to ineffectively knife people instead knowing he would almost certainly be overpowered?
                      Maybe they're just getting more stupid so.
                      wee bit harsh on Dobby there , but I concur

Comment

Derren Brown was on Joe Rogan earlier. Never been a fan of his shows, though really enjoyed him chatting

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you haven't got time for that, there's this

Another hilarious moment animated by PaulyToon from the Joe Rogan Experience podcast #132 with Bert Kreischer (https://youtu.be/15JLaeUUVVQ).http://podcasts....
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          You know the world is fucked when Iceland get to play the good guys

Why on earth was that banned?
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            Derren Brown was on Joe Rogan earlier. Never been a fan of his shows, though really enjoyed him chatting

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you haven't got time for that, there's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0NFXwhnU4
                            That was a really good ep. Made the mental traffic home a little more bareable
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              Why on earth was that banned?
                              No idea. It's no Dealz teabag ad

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Big shout out to DP for coming to my rescue with some dba help yesterday.... And maybe tomorrow too.

Salami in the Parrot cage this Christmas.

That's one hell of a euphemism

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The issue too is that I've found myself in a small niche, jumping ship immediately isn't really viable. I agreed on principal, just looking to iron out some terms. Didn't get it sorted today though and I'm off tomorrow.

Flying out at 18:30 tomorrow, Ethiopia Airlines, they say 3 hours, but I presume even 2 will be grand?

Comment

No-one anywhere able to get their hands on a gun or explosives.
                                    So he had a bomb and choose to ineffectively knife people instead knowing he would almost certainly be overpowered? Maybe they're just getting more stupid so.
                                    No. I was referring to the assertion in your OP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      wee bit harsh on Dobby there , but I concur
                                      Been waiting for that one for a few days m8

Comment

Bring Sambo & Chocolate or something from Dublin to tide you over in Addis Abbaba airport. Ethiopian Airlines were pretty good other than that.
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Evening all, long time no see for some!

I was thinking of getting back into some live poker in Dublin, wondering if anyone here plays much anymore, and where is good to play? I was in the sporting emporium last week, and it was very quiet..

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Thanks for the replies. The issue too is that I've found myself in a small niche, jumping ship immediately isn't really viable. I agreed on principal, just looking to iron out some terms. Didn't get it sorted today though and I'm off tomorrow.

Flying out at 18:30 tomorrow, Ethiopia Airlines, they say 3 hours, but I presume even 2 will be grand?
                                            Isn't it Ethiopian Airlines that don't do pre clearance in Dublin? That being the case, 2 should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ocallagh View Post

I was thinking of getting back into some live poker in Dublin, wondering if anyone here plays much anymore, and where is good to play? I was in the sporting emporium last week, and it was very quiet..
                                              Asking in the wrong forum I'd say! Lots of not active players here too. From my very limited knowledge of things, the Fitz is still the busiest place. Hectorjelly is, or was until recently, in charge of organising the tournaments there. I think the SE is shutting down the poker room, in fact I thought they had already.

Bear in mind that this is advice from someone who hasn't played in years!

Hope all is well anyhow Niall.

Comment

There are a lot of mini festivals on at the moment... This weekend it is city West I believe? And the next two weekends are in bonnington and then Fitzwilliam for their November festival.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Isn't it Ethiopian Airlines that don't do pre clearance in Dublin? That being the case, 2 should be fine.
                                                  Yep but I'm going to Addis Ababa anyway

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Asking in the wrong forum I'd say! Lots of not active players here too. From my very limited knowledge of things, the Fitz is still the busiest place. Hectorjelly is, or was until recently, in charge of organising the tournaments there. I think the SE is shutting down the poker room, in fact I thought they had already.

Bear in mind that this is advice from someone who hasn't played in years!

Hope all is well anyhow Niall.
                                                    Thanks Dom, hope all is well with you - all good here, older, slower and probably significant value if anyone finds me in the Fitz over the next few weeks

Comment

The dog approached. Immediately it was clear. It was a sad thought and a familiar pain poked my chest. My heart. I suppose.

His nails, curled yet broken, leveraging him in the most painful and perverse manner sunk into the sand,every step clearly sapping every morsel of bravery and survival he had left. Every rib was accountable. Each visible and violent, threatening to break through his skin.

"Mum, I'm starving!" memories flooded back. "Don't use that word - decades old scoldings suddenly ringing true.

Manically, he swirled, compulsively biting his back legs and tail.

Relief? but of what kind - gratitude, for it means you are not alone?

My imagination I thought.

Now close enough I saw his eyes. Undeniably kind. Orange and wild but soft, seeking a freind.

Desperate though. A desperation so projected it pulsated, a hadouken of need that made me step back from him in spite of myself.

Depression.
                                                      Last edited by Closed_Account; 10-11-18, 09:34.

Comment

Kayroo: whatever you do, don't read Gerry Thornley's IT article today.

SPOILER
                                                        Very first line:
                                                        Historically, Ireland and Argentina hardly came across each other’s paths until the Noughties, whereupon familiarity bread contempt
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Any chance of transitioning into a more traditional trading role?

If you want ze easy life, corporate treasury probably the way to go. Places like GE have surprisingly large orgs here in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Any chance of transitioning into a more traditional trading role?

If you want ze easy life, corporate treasury probably the way to go. Places like GE have surprisingly large orgs here in Dublin.
                                                            I've always been given the impression that they don't like the likes of us, very few make the transition from prop into more traditional roles.

Yeah, I've a friend in treasury, certainly sounds like an easy life. I'm doing an evening post-grad in data analytics next year, but maybe I should look more into that area.

Comment

I've always been given the impression that they don't like the likes of us, very few make the transition from prop into more traditional roles.

Yeah, I've a friend in treasury, certainly sounds like an easy life. I'm doing an evening post-grad in data analytics next year, but maybe I should look more into that area.
                                                              I saw a HFT role in your place but you needed a bit of experience so I didn't bother applying.

My current manager is doing this:
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              if you haven't chosen yet.

I started the preliminary maths(assume you'd get exempted) before I got accepted to the other MSc.

I've started a couple of coursera courses to get up to speed on Python & R loosely following the Hitch recommended curriculum.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                There are a lot of mini festivals on at the moment... This weekend it is city West I believe? And the next two weekends are in bonnington and then Fitzwilliam for their November festival.
                                                                Not city west this weekend. It's the green isle. 250 buy in. 25k gtd

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  He had a car full of gas explosives ready to go until he was killed.
                                                                  There were no "explosives" in the car. He had a couple of BBQ cylinders, the kind you can pick up in any petrol station. Playing this up as a bomb is giving this lunatic far more credit than he deserves.

It was as much terrorism as the Lindt cafe. A radicalised lunatic with terroristic ideations acting alone. The legal definition of terrorism doesn't have any clauses regarding scale or organisation. So it's technically terrorism. But in practical terms. It's was a failed spree murder.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                    I saw a HFT role in your place but you needed a bit of experience so I didn't bother applying.

My current manager is doing this:
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    if you haven't chosen yet.

I started the preliminary maths(assume you'd get exempted) before I got accepted to the other MSc.

I've started a couple of coursera courses to get up to speed on Python & R loosely following the Hitch recommended curriculum.
                                                                    I've doing a course in NCI, gov pays 90% of the fees and it's right beside work/home, UCD is probably better though.

A team in work is looking for a trade operator, don't think they'd be looking for too much experience, more for analytic skills, if it's something you're looking into getting into.

Comment

I've doing a course in NCI, gov pays 90% of the fees and it's right beside work/home, UCD is probably better though.

A team in work is looking for a trade operator, don't think they'd be looking for too much experience, more for analytic skills, if it's something you're looking into getting into.
                                                                      I know the one, those 90% subsidised courses are such great value, there's one in Athlone IT too I think.
                                                                      I'm really happy where I'm at now, I fell on my feet tbh but thanks

Comment

Kiwis minus 14 seems a steal

Comment

Emporium has cash Friday & Saturday nights, otherwise dead.
                                                                          Jackpot the same but doesn't kick off until after midnight when the pubs/clubs start cooling down.
                                                                          Fitzwilliam cash begins at 7pm nighty with tournaments starting at 8. Always busy until 4am plus.

Random festivals pop up regularly, one or two each month, buy-ins range from €120 upwards.
                                                                          Celtic in the Green isle this weekend, Stars in the Bonnington (old Regency) next week and UniBet following them the week after that.
                                                                          D1 on Dorset Street, 4Kings in Swords and JP's place in Tallaght are generally getting between 2 and 4 tables for nighty tournaments and mustering a single cash game later in the night.
                                                                          Last edited by DeeBrown; 10-11-18, 13:40.

Comment

Big's backyard

There's gruelling and then there's this. Holy fook.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Currently lying in a hospital bed in the observation ward at the Mater Dei. The rash spread and is horrific looking. Got a taxi about 9am, after I waited less than 10 mins to be seen, I was put back on a cocktail of IV drugs.

It is still spreading and getting more IV meds. I really hope it halts soon!

I assume I have a shellfish allergy going from what I was asked/told. Since I do not eat a thing out the sea, I have no clue!

Spent the night itching. They said oral meds won't cut it right now and I am in here till I get better.

Comment

Jesus, get well soon Gil.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hat tip to DP. CAU was absolutely fantastic, especially after working up the appetite.

Comment

...What kinda work do you do on a daily basis out of curiosity?...Was it hard for you to get into it...Wonder what work experience/ qualifications you have...From the posts you've stuck up, it really sounds like the kinda job I want to end up in a few years, although kinda clueless as to how to get there...

Comment

...Sorry to hear that Mrs Flushdraw...Sounds awful, but probably a good thing they'll keep you in until you're fully better and find out the exact cause of it...Hope you're getting lots of TLC!!!...

Comment

Great to hear the hospitals seem so efficient in Malta anyway. Hope they identify the cause and the meds work.

I knew England would win this rugby match!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          Not going to be much fun for us next week if this continues.

I have total faith in England to get steamrollered in the second half though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Big's backyard

There's gruelling and then there's this. Holy fook.
                                                                                            Expected her to be a bit mental, weird that she seems so normal

Comment

Masterful first half performance by England. Nice time to start hitting close to peak now the real build up to the WC has begun.

SPOILER
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                ...Sorry to hear that Mrs Flushdraw...Sounds awful, but probably a good thing they'll keep you in until you're fully better and find out the exact cause of it...Hope you're getting lots of TLC!!!...
                                                                                                Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                Great to hear the hospitals seem so efficient in Malta anyway. Hope they identify the cause and the meds work.

They pretty sure it is the CT Contrast as I had a delayed reaction both times. They are very efficient here anyway. Tons of Drs as well as nurses and no great waiting times to be seen.

Comment

Mental fatigue will hit the Engerlish. Look burnt out already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                    Mental fatigue will hit the Engerlish. Look burnt out already.

Dont get cocky son. Big handicap still to overcome.

Comment

Good thing rugby has that TMO for getting those big decisions right.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

...That was some finish to the ENG-NZ game... Big decision with the off-side, still not sure if it was right though...And England 100% should have setup for the drop goal with a minute to go...Roll on next saturday we'll show them how to get it done!!!...

Comment

Some decision, looked a good try to me but used up their luck last week. Farrell was shite and great in that game

Comment

One for Dice

Minutes left but
                                                                                                            Sky bet offering 500/1 for Ali header and Tripper to score from outside the box

Ali does score the odd header, Tripper might take the frees with Ericsson out

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                              One for Dice

Minutes left but
                                                                                                              Sky bet offering 500/1 for Ali header and Tripper to score from outside the box

Ali does score the odd header, Tripper might take the frees with Ericsson out
                                                                                                              Fucking BBV

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Good thing rugby has that TMO for getting those big decisions right.
                                                                                                                it was so tight but looked marginally offside to me

Comment

Needed Norwich to win for a small treble to get up today.

83mins 3-2 down, 92mins 3-3, 98 mins win 4-3.

Can't beat doing it the hard way.

Comment

The first question is why?
                                                                                                                    Only played once the last 4 months in Killarney.
                                                                                                                    I find that the games have too many bloody chips.
                                                                                                                    Ok the blinds are shorter mostly 15 min blinds or 20 mins but starting stacks of30k 40 or 50k chips midweek is to much.
                                                                                                                    Being there till 2 or 3 in the morning is not ideal if you have a job.
                                                                                                                    Doubt you will want to play cash which is available earlier and obviously you can quit anytime.
                                                                                                                    I have found the standard of dealing and etiquette amongst players and dealers alike has dropped or else i am just getting old and grumpy.
                                                                                                                    Lots of festivals with buy ins from 120 to 1000 usually more craic and can be better fun allowing for a few drinks etc. Not as many elderly nits about as was back in the Merrion days and not many left from the crowd that played a lot back then around our age.
                                                                                                                    Does the brother still play ?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Needed Norwich to win for a small treble to get up today.

83mins 3-2 down, 92mins 3-3, 98 mins win 4-3.

Can't beat doing it the hard way.
                                                                                                                      ...Wrong thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                        I have found the standard of dealing and etiquette amongst players and dealers alike has dropped or else i am just getting old and grumpy.
                                                                                                                        Getting??

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          Prefer to.post in here tyvm

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X