Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Andy Lee is such a beautiful human.

Shoulders above McGregor in terms of class yet he's the knacker when he walks down the street.
    Very rare people call Lee a knacker. Most people don't even know who he is and he usually mentions that he's a traveller, to the surprise of people watching who hadn't a clue, in my experience anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      If you're setting the bar for class at 'McGregor' then it's a low bar. Lee is a knacker, an actual knacker. Mcgregor is just a fucking scumbag.
      McGregor is a legend. Pillar of society.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
        McGregor is a legend. Pillar of society.
        Proper

Comment

Proper
          Weak attempt by myself. Zero commitment.

How's dobman?

Comment

Weak attempt by myself. Zero commitment.

How's dobman?
            All good.

How's CHDog and little one or are they out yet?

Comment

Very rare people call Lee a knacker. Most people don't even know who he is and he usually mentions that he's a traveller, to the surprise of people watching who hadn't a clue, in my experience anyway.
              In fairness to him he represents his culture and background incredibly well, always comes across as articulate and professional. He’s an excellent role model for his community.

Comment

All good.

How's CHDog and little one or are they out yet?
                I'm good. Little one is a boy and halfway there. His name will be Peter, which means I will now have a PHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                  In fairness to him he represents his culture and background incredibly well, always comes across as articulate and professional. He’s an excellent role model for his community.
                  The man is top class and a world champion. Nothing but respect for him.

Comment

I'm good. Little one is a boy and halfway there. His name will be Peter, which means I will now have a PHD.
                    That's a better effort. First one was just getting the rustiness off

Comment

That's a better effort. First one was just getting the rustiness off
                      That's the truth though m8

Comment

Galway today. Culture boss

Comment

I love how he leaves the coat on to bounce the arms and pick his jabs after being taken down.

Special breed. Ethnically of course. Pikey inbred pricks.

Comment

Wouldn’t be a believer myself but to say it’s all been debunked is (pedantically) not true as its hard/impossible to prove a negative.
                            It's not impossible to prove a negative. At least not in the context of medicine.
                            Large scale studies have shown, conclusively, that it's no more effective that placebo.

Some of it will work, as there is often a little truth in it. Chinese medicine on the other hand is much more effective and spawned much of the western medicine today... having said all that I got to the doctor first.
                            None of it will work. On a molecular level, it doesn't exist.
                            Arnica was mentioned above. It works, it's a herbal ointment, not homeopathy.

Some Chinese medicine works. Some of it is hocus pocus. It's a broad term.

Comment

Chopped off his eyelids and his penis found on top of the fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...g-man-15367126
                                That's some fairly extreme homepathy
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Struggling to see how England are - 3 favs in this game today. SA have been getting better and better, and other than Faf not playing today, I really can't see an understrength England winning it. SA at 11/8 seems crazy. Also went with SA to win by over 13 points at 13/2.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      Struggling to see how England are - 3 favs in this game today. SA have been getting better and better, and other than Faf not playing today, I really can't see an understrength England winning it. SA at 11/8 seems crazy. Also went with SA to win by over 13 points at 13/2.
                                      Teo at centre, a very undercooked backrow and frontrow, Ashton doesn’t offer impact off the bench (more of a trail runner, finish opportunities kind of winger). SA have been getting better throughout the championship and a 50% better team then what beat England twice already. If SA don’t win it’s a major shock imo.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        You're getting caught up in minutae here Dom.
                                        Yeh, reinforcement of the bridges dividing the community and the inevitable civil conflict that will follow is minutia (which I suppose is what you meant by minutae )
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The lad who was on Brendan O'Connors programme the other night had an interesting perspective.

Originally posted by Dobby
                                          Whatever else you can say about it that is a culture.
                                          A less problematic than the culture amongst Dubliners of shooting each other by the dozen over bags of coke or the one that is thankfully dying out now of Kerrymen killing Gardaí and Northern protestants for personal profit.

Comment

Comment

There will be no civil conflict. No-one actually believed that. And people will still be entitled to be Irish citizens if they wish. It will just be a more separated part of the island. I'm not sure anyone *really* cares though. As in no-one would be willing to sacrifice their own standard of living to bring about a closer standard of living. Hence the severe lack of support for Sinn Fein by anyone with something to lose financially from a united Ireland.
                                              I just wish Westminster could just get rid of it and give it back to the south. There ya go, deal with it, problem solved .

Comment

I understand that breaking points in rugby lines are important but 9/1 on >14 points on Betstars must be great value based on the above.
                                                Max bet 78e if you're interested.

Comment

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...g-man-15367126
                                                  Peak feminism.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    Teo at centre, a very undercooked backrow and frontrow, Ashton doesn’t offer impact off the bench (more of a trail runner, finish opportunities kind of winger). SA have been getting better throughout the championship and a 50% better team then what beat England twice already. If SA don’t win it’s a major shock imo.
                                                    Hard to care about this match between two second tier teams really.

Comment

Cheers, but I shan't be doing this.

It's pseudoscientific nonsense.

It's also dangerous nonsense. The person I'm talking about brings her children to homeopaths instead of doctors. Thousands of people shun real treatment for it.

I did 'try' it, as I felt it too socially awkward to say no. Some ridiculous little sugar balls.

All of homeopathy's remedies and potions have been thoroughly debunked by science. You might rate it but whatever you feel it's doing for you is placebo.

Also, any GP pushing it should be immediately struck off.
                                                      I don't agree with you on that at all. I mean the placebo bit for arnica. I would always take my child to a Dr. Arnica is NOT a placebo. A placebo is a psychological thing, bruising doesn't work that way. I have used it for years for bruises etc. GP's in Ireland also recommend it. It is one thing I always keep in the medicine cabinet for use for kids.

I got my nose broke 11 years ago. Arnica was applied right away and the bruising was very minimal.

My friend had a tummy tuck in Avoca clinic, part of the after operation care is arnica given in pillete form.
                                                      I would never use homeopathy over real medicine, but I do believe in herbology. At the end of the day, where do a lot of drugs come from. Opiods etc? Plants, like so many drugs. So why is arnica different? it's plant based medicine.
                                                      Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 03-11-18, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                        I don't agree with you on that at all. Arnica is NOT a placebo. A placebo is a psychological thing, bruising doesn't work that way. I have used it for years for bruises etc. GP's in Ireland also recommend it. It is one thing I always keep in the medicine cabinet for use for kids.

I got my nose broke 11 years ago. Arnica was applied right away and the bruising was very minimal.

My friend had a tummy tuck in Avoca clinic, part of the after operation care is arnica given in pillete form.
                                                        I would never use homeopathy over real medicine, but I do believe in herbology. At the end of the day, where do a lot of drugs come from. Opiods etc? Plants, like so many drugs. So why is arnica different? it's plant based medicine.
                                                        As previously mentioned, arnica is not homeopathy.

Homeopathy is the puss of a sailors sceptic penile abscess, diluted to the billionth degree and added to sugar. This will cure your sore throat.

Comment

As previously mentioned, arnica is not homeopathy.

Homeopathy is the puss of a sailors sceptic penile abscess, diluted to the billionth degree and added to sugar. This will cure your sore throat.
                                                          Reading on my mobile earlier, so must have missed that.

But where would you class the Irish "Flat 7 Up" cure for everything

Comment

Reading on my mobile earlier, so must have missed that.

But where would you class the Irish "Flat 7 Up" cure for everything
                                                            Apologies Gil, it was pointed out to me that Arnica is not homeopathy. I had never heard of it.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Apologies Gil, it was pointed out to me that Arnica is not homeopathy. I had never heard of it.
                                                              No probs

Having kids yourself, you should get the cream. You use on unbroken skin. It is great and handy stuff.

Comment

Flat 7up is definitely more effective than homeopathy

Comment

South African lineout could cost them dearly here. Never give a sucker an even chance.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

FarreLOL

Comment

Enough of a wrap my arse

GTFO ref

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Enough of a wrap my arse

GTFO ref
                                                                        That's a shocking decision. Awful game

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Enough of a wrap my arse

GTFO ref
                                                                          In fairness Pollard bottled it. Should have had a drop goal routine before the Farrell rip tackle.

Comment

In fairness Pollard bottled it. Should have had a drop goal routine before the Farrell rip tackle.
                                                                            Fair enough, SA squandered 5 to 10 great try opportunities, but that was a blatant no arms tackle and should have been a penalty.

Comment

Time for 90 mins of where's Mesut Ozil.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                Time for 90 mins of where's Mesut Ozil.
                                                                                He's had a decent enough game so far. Looking the most dangerous out of the front 4.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Here's how little truth there is in it: The dilution recommended by the founder would require giving two billion doses per second to six billion people for 4 billion years to deliver a single molecule of the original material to any patient.
                                                                                  I like the conundrum of how it is that it keeps the memory of the active molecule but somehow forgets the mountains of other shitty molecules (literally in some cases) that passed through ?

also, I think there is a drum or something involved?
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Wife got the Samsung S9 as she's registered as self-employed here and the way the messed up tax system works there's no cost if she puts it through her company account. It is an astoundingly beautiful phone. Almost like a piece of art.
                                                                                      Not sure you understand how self employment works.

It's not free!

Comment

...

Comment

Lol x factor.
                                                                                          That's hilarious. It's prerecorded too so they cannot address it or fix it
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            Lol x factor.
                                                                                            Details ?

Comment

Irrelevant. Terrible decision that decided the game.

Comment

Did

I

say

JOOLS?
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                  Details ?
                                                                                                  Wifes neighbour id on it. He busto yet. Guy that sounds like Alvin from the chipmonks. Cunt was fav at start. Shuda layed thd life outta him at 3s...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Lol x factor.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                      Details ?
                                                                                                      Wifes neighbour id on it. He busto yet. Guy that sounds like Alvin from the chipmonks. Cunt was fav at start. Shuda layed thd life outta him at 3s...
                                                                                                      Thank you for explaining it.

Comment

Ah dobby. Your Michael is talking to me. Help me speak Kerry.

Context?

I know they've been organising buses from Kerry to Belfast for people to get cataracts removed as the wait is too long down there. Apparently they're starting to go up for other minor procedures also.

What he seems to be saying in the tweet makes perfect sense tbf. Just get the HSE to pay the Bons instead and get it done.

Comment

I
                                                                                                          It was my post that mentioned that arnica is not homeopathy.
                                                                                                          There are lots if plant based medicines or treatments that work. Arnica, opiates, aspirin. Modern medicine has no objection to using plants when they work. Homeopathy succeeds in conning people by associating itself with those kinds of valid medicine.

As Tim Minchin put it

By definition, Alternative Medicine, Has either not been proved to work, or been proved not to work.
                                                                                                          Do you know what they call 'alternative medicine' that's been proved to work?
                                                                                                          Medicine.

Comment

Da fuck with people actually watching or giving a shit about X Factor?

Comment

That's a shocking decision. Awful game
                                                                                                              As I said, why would you be watching two poor teams play boring, awful rugby when you could be clipping your toenails, or couting your teaspoons? Imagine having paid money to see that muck.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Hard to care about this match between two second tier teams really.

Comment

Here is an interesting sports doco - HSV vs St Pauli.

Comment

Heh

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Heh

I titled that one 'Brexmas'

Comment

Hmmm google translate just said woof woof.

Comment

Nobody told me about this boo.

Looks great (for Bruce fans) anyone watch it ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X