Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Kev & Mrs KevIRL - yeah the baby should be called Leia!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
      Can't .....s?
      No offence but was there any need to post that? you could PM someone is you want to know...
      Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 04-05-17, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
        No offence but was there any need to post that? you could PM someone is you want to know...
        Thank you ..it's nice of you to say and makes me feel good.

It's ok though I understand I am irritating. He is not the first to say it he won't be the last. I am used to it at this stage.

I am sure gorrr is a great guy.

Thanks Flushdraw though that was really nice
        Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 19:18.

Comment

Question for the all knowing BBV

If your house is a semi D and your next door neighbour (The other semi D) decides to build a house next to theirs, is your house then considered an end of terrace?

Also is there any effect on the value of your house as a result?

Obvs house prices are ridic now but just wondering if it could effect it at some point due to the classification.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            Has anybody ever spearheaded an intervention? Any tips on how to ensure its success?
            I'm hoping to do something similar tomorrow evening, not a group of people just myself and my best friends brother. The hoping part being that we may not be able to get him on his own but going to try.

Both of us would have some experience to a lesser extent than him of some of the problems he is going through. He has a rough couple of years but if he doesn't get himself out of the spiral he is in he is going to be left with nothing.

I have had a few failed attempts at one on one and I think its hard in that situation as I found myself accepting the answers / excuses to avoid outright confrontation. I am hoping with two of us there that if one of us starts to back off the other will be able to bring it back to where it should be.

I get what RDIII is saying but I feel he does know what the problems are but probably feels nobody around him understands what he is going through so now he is trying to surround himself with people who either don't know or don't care.

He is attending a counsellor but that is more around trying to solve problems with his kids etc and I think he would be pretty good at hiding his own problems and putting a front on at these sessions. It's amazing how much and how long you can hide things from people that are very close to you.

There is the possibility it could be a clusterfuck and that he may have to hit the very bottom before he comes to his senses but by that stage anything that he currently has that is worth fighting for might be gone so I think its worth a go.
            Last edited by horatio1; 04-05-17, 20:56.

Comment

Nice one Kev, great news. Congrats to you all.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

If your house is a semi D and your next door neighbour (The other semi D) decides to build a house next to theirs, is your house then considered an end of terrace?

Obvs house prices are ridic now but just wondering if it could effect it at some point due to the classification.
                surely planning permission sign up and you have the right to oppose it?
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                  I'm hoping to do something similar tomorrow evening, not a group of people just myself and my best friends brother. The hoping part being that we may not be able to get him on his own but going to try.

Both of us would have some experience to a lesser extent than him of some of the problems he is going through. He has a rough couple of years but if he doesn't get himself out of the spiral he is in he is going to be left with nothing.

I have had a few failed attempts at one on one and I think its hard in that situation as I found myself excepting the answers / excuses to avoid outright confrontation. I am hoping with two of us there that if one of us starts to back off the other will be able to bring it back to where it should be.

I get what RDIII is saying but I feel he does know what the problems are but probably feels nobody around him understands what he is going through so now he is trying to surround himself with people who either don't know or don't care.

He is attending a counsellor but that is more around trying to solve problems with his kids etc and I think he would be pretty good at hiding his own problems and putting a front on at these sessions. It's amazing how much and how long you can hide things from people that are very close to you.

There is the possibility it could be a clusterfuck and that he may have to hit the very bottom before he comes to his senses but by that stage anything that he currently has that is worth fighting for might be gone so I think its worth a go.
                  May I humbly suggest something? Tell him that you dont want him to make any effort to change right now. But all you want is for him to be honest with you. That you don't expect him to change but just to tell you what he is doing completely no matter how bad. And say nothing. Just every time he does this. Thank him for being honest. No judgement. Then when he is ready to ...change whatever the behavior is ..he will just come to you and ask for help.

So simply say ..TELL me everything. And to keep telling everything he is doing. You are not going to say anything ever about what he is doing not matter how bad . The only thing you ask of him ..is that he be honest.

So sorry if that is not a good idea in this circumstance. But it will just let you in.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                    No way! ??? That's so cool though

I have walked by it many times ...but unfortunately it was sold and developed new houses are being built. Shame but on the other hand I guess they are needed.

Sorry ..i feel I have ruined your house now...by telling you..i have a few houses I am attached to around here...i dunno why i know that's weird. It happened to my ginger bread house too It was abandoned for years...then people went ..and changed it ...but i shall become used to that ..i hope and love it again...the way the new owners have done it..

I hate it when the go and change your special house ...that you have never actually lived in ..BUT STILL..
                    Thanks for the update PeaceandFire. Yeah it had been sold at the time to a developer and was meant to be built on in the late noughties but the crash happened.
                    I was only there for about 2/3 years so had no special attachment to the place but it was a lovely old house with some impressive plaster work all through the house.
                    My main memory of the place was how much it cost to heat and that it was always cold. Was living old school there and lighting the fire in my bedroom in the evening!

Comment

Best ever intervention

Comment

It's called Bolton Park now

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                          Yeah, planning permission is up and I can oppose it just don't want to do it if it won't effect my house. Some people have told me my house still remains a semi D as there is gap between me and my other neighbour, others have said it technically becomes an end of terrace and could effect the value.

The whole thing is a little bit odd. The owner, who has been a neighbour to me and before me my parents, for a total of about 45 years is currently in a nursing home with severe dementia. The planning permission is in her name but there is no way she has the mental faculties to submit a planning permission application so I presume It's been done by her kids.

Comment

It says a lot for the actor, but it had to be pointed out to me earlier that Ewan McGregor was playing the waster brother in S3 of Fargo, and is also playing the successful brother......Mind blown.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Intervention.

Similar situation with a friend i work with, was sleeping on the sofa for 12 months while he was getting his shit together, out of the marriage bed. He didnt, and she fucked him out. He was collecting the kids from school steamed up, so, couldn't blame her really.

I asked a 30 year AA veteran to have a word with him, he told me he wouldn't waste his time, Told me he would have to go to hi, to hit rcok bottom, he had seen it so many times before. Any conversations i was having with him was having zero affect, he was doing nothing wrong iho.

He would come to work stinking of beer, come back after lunch with a fresh beer smell, down to stick and bone, not eating, drink has consumed his life.

I ask him how his weekend was, or last night and might say, jeez, heavy one last night ? fresh smell of booze etc, he would say, sure i haven't had a drink in 4 days !!

Thinks he has everyone fooled, the stories for missing work are getting stranger and stranger, only so many relatives u can bury.

Its sad to see his demise, but he made a decision a few years ago when he was faced with his family, 2 children and a nice home or the beer...he chose the beer.

Might be one of the reasons i go off it every few months for a few weeks, just to prove i can.

I like it too much to be an alcoholic.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                I used to love kevs Friday night IPA soldier posts.
                                Could do a Thursday one right now. They are going down well..

Comment

Hey, I don't go try sell people sky!!

Congrats Kev

Comment

Yeah, planning permission is up and I can oppose it just don't want to do it if it won't effect my house. Some people have told me my house still remains a semi D as there is gap between me and my other neighbour, others have said it technically becomes an end of terrace and could effect the value.

The whole thing is a little bit odd. The owner, who has been a neighbour to me and before me my parents, for a total of about 45 years is currently in a nursing home with severe dementia. The planning permission is in her name but there is no way she has the mental faculties to submit a planning permission application so I presume It's been done by her kids.
                                    In your case I'd say it will still remaina a semi D, ask any estate agent, our family home was advertised and sold as a semi D even though it was an end of a 6 house block and more traditionally "terrace"

Comment

My best friend came to see me tonight , lovely night planned as thought. She skulled one bottle of cava in less than 40 mins dug into 2nd, went to bed 20 mins ago as i thought. I heard a bang on landing, went up , more or less carried her to bed . Tucked her up , " night hun love you"

I no longer think I need INTERVENTION
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                        Thanks for the update PeaceandFire. Yeah it had been sold at the time to a developer and was meant to be built on in the late noughties but the crash happened.
                                        I was only there for about 2/3 years so had no special attachment to the place but it was a lovely old house with some impressive plaster work all through the house.
                                        My main memory of the place was how much it cost to heat and that it was always cold. Was living old school there and lighting the fire in my bedroom in the evening!
                                        I am sorry it was so cold. That can't have been pleasant. Sounds lovely though. Glad you have some pleasant memories of it and the area.

Comment

My best friend came to see me tonight , lovely night planned as thought. She skulled one bottle of cava in less than 40 mins dug into 2nd, went to bed 20 mins ago as i thought. I heard a bang on landing, went up , more or less carried her to bed . Tucked her up , " night hun love you"

I no longer think I need INTERVENTION
                                          You are fab and very sweet.

I need one. I am off my rocker.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                            You are fab and very sweet.

I need one. I am off my rocker.
                                            You ARE off your rocker so therefore you deffo dont need another off their rocker in your life
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

You ARE off your rocker so therefore you deffo dont need another off their rocker in your life
                                              *Quite proud of my grammar there considering I am locked :

Edit to say was gonna stick in there instead of their among other things
                                              Last edited by SatNav; 04-05-17, 22:49.
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                This Nathan Fake 12" was in a record collection i bought a few years ago. Pretty collectable now with copies going for e30-40.

The James Holden remix (he owns Border Community, the label it was released on) is the one that really drew attention to the release.

Holden's last album was great and he plays very live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OC3Taxg7W8
                                                Yeah like the Holden version and seems to be the favoured one and can see it would play better in a club but something about the original hits me more,kind of annoys me I was degenning it in Dublin poker clubs instead of bopping to that in a Berlin noghtclub instead
                                                Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                I wonder what other nuggets you got?
                                                Spotify discover weekly is responsible for 99.99% of all the good music(including the above) that I come across these days ,it is slightly terrifying how good it is. I I usually Draw some comfort that robots aren't going to take over the world from the hilariously irrelevant shite ads targetted at me by google etc but then Spotify will serve up some transcendental experience when I'm driving home from work ,it's nuts

Love these 2 at the moment

Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 22:54.

Comment

I need ...a rock! Do see what I did there sat??? I couldn't have done it without you!

Comment

Technically it would become an end of terrace. A semi- by definition requires two houses. Your neighbour isn't a semi, and the one at the end isn't a semi.
                                                    An * attached to that would be that if it's designed well, at the junction on the new house and the neighbour it would still be read, from a glance, as a semi. But if he just slaps on a copy and paste right up against his, it will look like a 3 house terrace.

As for people telling you about devaluing, and classification. Ignore them. Scaremongering.
                                                    There's actually no classifications that affects house value. A house is valued on its individual merits. Materially, your house shouldn't change. The neighbour is of course devaluing his own house.
                                                    The main reason that semi-d would average more than terraced houses is that they tend to be bigger on average, nicer finished, bigger gardens and in nicer estates. None of which is changing in your case

Comment

Congrats Kev .

Interventions?(cuse the *******s)
                                                      We had to do an intervention with our 7 month old .* It was really a waste of time
                                                      If anything his table manners have gotten much worse and he still is singing at all hours of the night ,*** he also is showing signs of addiction to diddymilk *and thinks nothing of pissing in the bath, lying around the floor ,talking gibberish( a family trait) **.* During the intervention when I went for a close eyeball to eyeball confrontation in my role as bad cop, his left hand almost *ripped out my eyeball. **He sniggered a little as I *struggled to unclench his vicelike grip on my eyelid. *
                                                      His disdain for any kind of quiet or peace in the house has also become more evident since the intervention.* He randomly screams and waits for a reaction then laughs at the disruption.* *We have come to the conclusion that
                                                      babies are the ultimate trolls and* I have decided to leave him to it as he will just end up like his brother anyway.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

MikeHunt I do wish you had a different name. It sounds so rude and naughty.

That sounds like a very difficult intervention - with this one, if I could give you some advice, is don't take no for an answer. You must win.

I'd bet you are a fantastic daddy. Congrats on your two beautiful kids. I hope they are very healthy and happy and grow up all brainy like their daddy.
                                                          Oh would you fuck off you twat.
                                                          If you had something useful to say you could have said it yesterday afternoon
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

MikeHunt I do wish you had a different name. It sounds so rude and naughty.

That sounds like a very difficult intervention - with this one, if I could give you some advice, is don't take no for an answer. You must win.

I'd bet you are a fantastic daddy. Congrats on your two beautiful kids. I hope they are very healthy and happy and grow up all brainy like their daddy.
                                                              Lol

Peacend fire. I think this is your intervention.

Comment

In other news . I backed a dog as I paid a nostalgic visit to a real live bookmakers yesterday. A Random tenner on trap 4 because I liked the name of it. The front two flew out of the traps and opened up such a gap that my tenner
                                                                Become embedded in the Boyles register. Suddenly the front two started bickering through their mussles(?) and they took the argument off track leaving 4 dawg a clear run to the line , a line he almost fluffed as the 5 mutt missed out narrowly. The cursing of my fellow live bookmaker punters was a joy to behold. I run good as I had Rashford to score 1st goal too J (tis all going back on whoever PatMustard or Gimmeabreak alludes to in their next tip donation to IPB.

Comment

hah, I had €10 win and only because I needed a way to watch the race. Whatever he was he certainly wasn't a betting proposition. Fair play to Damian, he has worked the oracle. Hopefully this will give him confidence and he can win again.
                                                                  It had some pull on the second compared the time he was second to it last year. If he has made something click in his head you could have right good summer.
                                                                  We're heading down this afternoon to work the Gamut, all going well we'll enter her for the bumper in Kilbeggan next week.

Comment

Comment

Stirling such a waster, gets to 20 and gets out in dumbass fashion.

promising start to be pissed away in 3...2...1...
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Stirling such a waster, gets to 20 and gets out in dumbass fashion.

yep, there we go. Joyce plays all across one.

Comment

yep, there we go. Joyce plays all across one.
                                                                          Are you really that fckd up that you couldn't get over for Sunday... Weather is going to be perfect.

Could you not use one of those air filled braces?

Comment

it's the getting around that would be a nightmare

also visions of getting tanked up and falling down the steps

Comment

Porterfield can't get the ball off the square, painful to watch

Comment

Is there a 'cricket for dummies' type thing I can read so I can bluff my way through Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  Is there a 'cricket for dummies' type thing I can read so I can bluff my way through Sunday?
                                                                                  Obviously Eoin Morgan is a cunt for defecting to England, I got that much

Comment

just get tanked and shout incomprehensible gibberish, although after the batsman plays his shot, not before

same as spectating most other sports really

the lads I am going with are not taking No for an answer, looks like I might be going yet

Comment

pah, equivalent of a footballer moving from Div 2 up to Premier League

nobody in Irish Cricket would begrudge him

Comment

Oh no , not at all he's living the dream.

Comment

Sighaments

Down to the O'Briens now to get some respectability

Comment

"Shot!"

"Good Shot!"

"Great Shot!"

"ooohhhhhh"

"ooooooooohhhhhhh"

"aaahhhhh"

"aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

"Catch it"

"Ball"

"Good ball"

"What a ball"

"Pint"

"Pint and a pie"

"Pint and a hot dog"

That will get you thru most days

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

well outclassed here

unfortunately this elevation to full membership has happened about 10 years too late

this game will over by 3pm

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    I actually also *wouldn't mind* reading a 'this is what the game of cricket is' article. Tried getting a book on cricket out of the library on first moving to UK and it skipped all the important stuff on what the game is actually meant to be. Any mildly entertaining short reads out there that explain it easily to non pasty-gobbling-lager-swilling-louts?
                                                                                                    1. You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
                                                                                                    2. Each man that’s in the side that’s in the field goes out and when he’s out comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.
                                                                                                    3. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
                                                                                                    4. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
                                                                                                    5. Sometimes there are men still in and not out.
                                                                                                    6. There are men called umpires who stay out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out.
                                                                                                    7. Depending on the weather and the light, the umpires can also send everybody in, no matter whether they’re in or out.
                                                                                                    8. When both sides have been in and all the men are out (including those who are not out), then the game is finished.

Comment

full-on collapse

Comment

...

Comment

Ninh explains the Rules of Cricket. A beginner's explanation of the laws of Cricket. Watch this short tutorial video guide on how Cricket is played. Learn ab...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            You do know you need us young folk to support your old-todgers game in order for it to survive so you can continue to watch it?
                                                                                                            if you can't understand that simple set of rules, there's no hope for you really

cricket isn't really a sport, it's a state of being

Comment

just get tanked and shout incomprehensible gibberish, although after the batsman plays his shot, not before

same as spectating most other sports really

visions of getting tanked up and falling down the steps
                                                                                                              full-on collapse
                                                                                                              if you can't understand that simple set of rules, there's no hope for you really

cricket isn't really a sport, it's a state of being
                                                                                                              Looks like there is one rule to learn hitch about when you can yell but aside from that I am pretty sure you will muddle through a day at the cricket somehow.

Some state of being tho

Comment

Anybody know when tickets for the November Rugby Test matches are due to go on sale, can't see anything on IRFU or Ticket Master

Comment

Friend of mine refuses to watch cricket because both teams wear the same colours

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    Friend of mine refuses to watch cricket because both teams wear the same colours
                                                                                                                    they fixed that about 20 years ago

Comment

they fixed that about 20 years ago
                                                                                                                      His mate has a black & white TV

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        His mate has a black & white TV
                                                                                                                        racist obv.

Comment

Anybody know when tickets for the November Rugby Test matches are due to go on sale, can't see anything on IRFU or Ticket Master
                                                                                                                          I think it was as late as September when we organised them last year.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X