Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      So I am going to Galway next weekend with my rugby-trip crew, heading on the train. All set for the usual wine and cheese consumption onboard.

Or so we thought.

Nanny state bullshit!
      When I was younger I had a drunken sword fight on those trains (with actual katanas) running up and down the length of it. Now it's illegal to buy swords and you can't even drink on the train, what a dark timeline this is.

Comment

I had an angiogram yesterday too!

To cut a long story short 16 months ago I had a weird episode while out running (HR spiking high and finally fainting) had it looked at and nothing was found.
        Over the last few months I had a few runs where I go out and after about 1K I'm not able to keep up even a slow pace. Then because my watch has a HRM I notice that the HR is lower than I would expect for how hard it feels I'm running. Normally I go out and HR goes straight up to around 140 stays there for a few minutes and then moves up to between 170 where it stays or ticks up to about 185 depending on how hard I'm working. But on this day no matter what I do if I break into a sprint or try to jog along steadily the HR does not go above 140. Walked and jogged on for a while and on cooling down and having a shower HR went so low that I needed to keep moving around for the watch to record it.
        Didn't know what to make of it but after a couple of days I was feeling grand so went out again and was fine but then it happened again a few times so went to the doc a few weeks ago and on to a cardiologist. With insurance I was able to see him at my leisure and organise all the tests to make certain there are no blockages. Was able to have that yesterday and was delighted that its all clear.
        Leaves me with a weird electrical problem that isn't clearly diagnosed but it seems that its the kind of thing that people get pacemakers put in for. As it only happens when I'm running we are happy to leave it with me pulling up and taking it easy on days that it happens and if it is something that progresses then we'd look at putting in a pacemaker but he wouldn't expect that for a long time yet.
        Main take away for me out of it is that you cannot afford not to have health insurance. Because it didn't appear urgent I would have had to stop running, just in case and wait at least 18 months maybe twice that to see a cardiologist and get an angiogram and the rest of the tests that rule out a serious issue.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is absolute genius...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What's the expected start time of the McGregor fight? UK time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Between whothefuckcares o'clock and itmightaswellbewrestling o'clock.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Between whothefuckcares o'clock and itmightaswellbewrestling o'clock.
                ...might be of interest to some

Background of the mad shite McGregor was spouting at press conference

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Normally I go out and HR goes straight up to around 140 stays there for a few minutes and then moves up to between 170 where it stays or ticks up to about 185 depending on how hard I'm working.
                  Is that not a crazy bpm to be pushing your heart at? Just a quick google suggests that a recommended maximum of 220 minus your age. Now I know we joke a lot about you looking older than you are, but you have to be at least 50.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Fairly sure Mourinho starts McTominay so much purely to prove some sort of pathetic point to the board about not being backed completely to the detriment to his own team.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Strew is surely 60+. But then again he has always been 60+ so idk
                        He looked 70 about 10 years ago, and then looked 15 years younger more recently. Who knows.

Comment

Simpsons, Max Power, Homer Simpson, SpaghettiOs

Comment

LOL United.
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

About 4/5am
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well that's Jose confirmed gone anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Fairly sure Mourinho starts McTominay so much purely to prove some sort of pathetic point to the board about not being backed completely to the detriment to his own team.
                                  Yeah couldn't understand taking Bailly off and dropping mctominay back. Just take him off instead and leave the defence as is. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Three female Munster fans on the Luas earlier

No 1: Is Johnny not playing 'cos he's shit or injured?

No 2 & 3 : *Laughter*

No 2 : Where's the really cool cocktail bar?

No 1 : Liquor Rooms, it's on the quays

No 2 : Is it

No 1 : Yeah

No 2 : it has really small cool chairs

No 1 : Looks like a circus? That's the Liquor Rooms

No 2 : It's great

No 1 : I got kicked out of there with Lisa

No 2 & 3 : What? Why?

No 1 : Me and Lisa were drinking and they gave me a bottle of water when I went to get a round in. They said I had too much to drink. Then charged me for the water. Told I didn't order water. Bouncers and all were over and they made us pay for the round and when we finished, they asked us to leave after.

No 3 : Jesus

No 1 : It was grand, we were in a few weeks later, ordered a load of cocktails and left without paying

No 2 : How did you manage that

No 1 : Easy, table service. Order, drink and leave before they ask you to pay

Comment

Also, I think I backed the wrong Utd at -1

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Don't get too excited. He's still gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            Also, I think I backed the wrong Utd at -1
                                            This has gone from being in the bin to being on! Lol

Edit. UL
                                            Last edited by dobby; 06-10-18, 18:25.

Comment

Cracking game in Lansdowne Road

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                I just finished watching the delayed coverage on TG4 - obviously Leinster are rock solid in defence and always look great, but was pretty impressed by Munster too. Was I imagining things or was the ref a bit tough on Munster? Felt they might have been a bit unlucky...

Comment

Mad to think if Liverpool lose tomorrow Utd will only be 6 points behind them . Despite one having their best and one having their worst start in years

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                    That Hamlet was an enjoyable enough way to pass a few hours of an evening. Really didn't think it was anything special though.
                                                    The rush to get home and have an early dinner meant I had the kind of indigestion that could easily be mistaken for a heart attack, which was a bit of a distraction. That, and the fact that I find it difficult to sit still for more than 30 minutes didn't help.

Just a reminder that it does indeed start at 7. Don't be one of the gobshites that misses the first half
                                                    Rarely seen an entire audience leap to their feet to ovate like that.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      I just finished watching the delayed coverage on TG4 - obviously Leinster are rock solid in defence and always look great, but was pretty impressed by Munster too. Was I imagining things or was the ref a bit tough on Munster? Felt they might have been a bit unlucky...
                                                      It was tasty alright but at the end of the day Leinster only had max 5 starters of their current best 15. McGraths first start after a long injury layoff. Leavy and SOB only playing their second game of the season. All in all a grand workout but you wouldn’t be drawing too many conclusions from it. I was surprised how much Munster went for it with Exeter away next week.

Lowe is some finisher and Joey played very well behind a good pack. Leinster haven’t played anything close to their best yet but it is only October. I think Munster are evolving their game which is overdue and most welcome.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Rarely seen an entire audience leap to their feet to ovate like that.
                                                        Yeah, thought it was mostly somewhat famous actor has graced us with her presence.

Comment

Yeah, thought it was mostly somewhat famous actor has graced us with her presence.
                                                          No, that was a damn good Dane

Comment

Turns out ovate isn't a word, at least in the sense I meant it. Worth a shot though.

Comment

Turns out ovate isn't a word, at least in the sense I meant it. Worth a shot though.
                                                              Worked for me , in context I suppose.

Comment

No, that was a damn good Dane
                                                                I meant the standing ovation/ sold out box office/ general buzz was because a lot of people seem amazed that she can actually do the job. Not criticising her much, 'Say it, don't spray it' did spring to mind several times though

Comment

I meant the standing ovation/ sold out box office/ general buzz was because a lot of people seem amazed that she can actually do the job. Not criticising her much, 'Say it, don't spray it' did spring to mind several times though
                                                                  She might genuinely be a great actor, based on what I saw tonight.

Still no Lars Eidinger. This might get your heart up to ninety!

Comment

JOOLS

Comment

Doke 12/12 in the partypoker millions, 1mill up top, guaranteed 40k

Comment

When you're finished with JOOLS and still on that buzz, check out the Music King Final where Benny and Sham go head to head with brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                          JOOLS is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            JOOLS is on.
                                                                            I'm just back from seeing Alan Hawkshaw play live alongside the KPM all stars so I've had a strong fill of music.

See John Grant is on, hope his new album is better than the last one

Comment

I'm just back from seeing Alan Hawkshaw play live alongside the KPM all stars so I've had a strong fill of music.

See John Grant is on, hope his new album is better than the last one
                                                                              Wife didn't dig his pigs heads stage props. 'Just play music ffs'

Comment

I'll try get you a bottle of JOOLS beer Lazare.

Comment

There's a JOOLS beer?

Comment

Unofficial final table of 9 now.£50k locked up. Lots of bosses left, but one time and all of that!

Comment

Unofficial final table of 9 now.£50k locked up. Lots of bosses left, but one time and all of that!
                                                                                      Prssume he is 9/9?

Doesnt matter as he'll finish 2nd anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        There's a JOOLS beer?
                                                                                        BBC can't be seen to promote, so they re-label other beer with JOOLS stuff. Look at beers on the table during interview last night for example.

Comment

Also. Something about to happen

Comment

Completely outclassed by a BJJ master. Boring as fuck to watch.

shrapnel wank material.

What happened after that will see jail time for him and some of his mates though.

Comment

shrapnel wank material.

What happened after that will see jail time for him and some of his mates though.
                                                                                              ...He was defintely out classed and delighted to see...But after the fight was disgraceful, ruined the whole event...Who did Khabib jump over to attack, and why?...Also, the guy that attacked McGregor should be charged, he was still recovering...

Comment

shrapnel wank material.

Pretty unbelievable that McGregor ends up as the classy fighter of the two on the night.

It'll be interesting to see the repercussions relative to the bus but this was almost certainly more dangerous given the audience.

Comment

Yeah that was crazy, never seen anything like that. Penultimate fight was class

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah that was crazy, never seen anything like that. Penultimate fight was class
                                                                                                    Great contest you can't help but like Ferguson. Pettis was incredibly happy for someone who lost and broke their hand.

I suspect that in spite of losing, McGregor will be delighted with the aftermath. Everything scummy he has done prior to this is superseded by Khabibs reaction now and he comes out the good guy.

Comment

3 members of khabibs team arrested.

Comment

Best Royal Rumble in years.
                                                                                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Completely outclassed by a BJJ wrestling master. Boring as fuck to watch.

shrapnel wank material.

.

Comment

...

Comment

There is nothing boring in watching a guy make such a great fighter look so ordinary. Mcgregor Got rag dolled like a little bitch. Loved it

Aftermath was a disgrace, and probably a direct result and payback for the bus attack. Chechen mafia versus Dublin knackers. I know who my money's on!

Comment

BBC can't be seen to promote, so they re-label other beer with JOOLS stuff. Look at beers on the table during interview last night for example.
                                                                                                                Aha, of course.

You can get your hands on one?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                  There is nothing boring in watching a guy make such a great fighter look so ordinary. Mcgregor Got rag dolled like a little bitch. Loved it

Aftermath was a disgrace, and probably a direct result and payback for the bus attack. Chechen mafia versus Dublin knackers. I know who my money's on!
                                                                                                                  All choreographed so the fans will buy into the rivalry for the rematch. No way with the amount of police/security there would Khabibs men get near Conor if they didn't want them to.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    All choreographed so the fans will buy into the rivalry for the rematch. No way with the amount of police/security there would Khabibs men get near Conor if they didn't want them to.
                                                                                                                    That's an insane idea.
                                                                                                                    No way could sell that the rematch. He got outclassed from the bell. It was in rogan during the week khabib was gonna smesh the retire the GOAT.

It'd be hard as fuck selling that fight. The casuals hate the ground game and no one wants to buy to see conor smeshed again
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      That's an insane idea.
                                                                                                                      No way could sell that the rematch. He got outclassed from the bell. It was in rogan during the week khabib was gonna smesh the retire the GOAT.

It'd be hard as fuck selling that fight. The casuals hate the ground game and no one wants to buy to see conor smeshed again
                                                                                                                      People bought into Haye v Bellew twice and that was the ultimate farce. Hype something up enough and the hoard of wide eyed CHD's of this world will come in droves. People's interest in sport these days has shockingly little to do with the actual sport.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I agree there was more security than ever before, so how they let it happen is beyond me, but can't for one second believe it was orchestrated.

Ferguson is next, so ufc probably praying for an upset and for him to beat Khabib so that Conor can come back in play. I don't really see a different result if they did it again. They've always kept Khabib away from Conor, as they knew Khabib doesn't match up well at all for him. Khabib is a nightmare for most fighters tbh. He's just a beast.

Comment

That's a nice result to wake up to. Didn't mcgregor call someone a bitch for tapping before. Lol. He might have to rethink that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X