Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Haha, sorry bro. Beautiful instrument, tenor?
    Nah, cost him fifty quid

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Is it not just a depressing metaphor for the stupidity of the type of people that voted for Trump and the utter cynicism of those who support him.
      Herbalife is not a pyramid scheme and Trump is a genius, everyone will get ricj and America will be great again.

FFS!
      Is there any unrelated topic you can't shoe horn into a Trump rant?
      Sunday's challenge is to Trumpage a rant out including cupcakes and the feeling you get when you momentarily think you've lost your phone/wallet.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
        Wedding coming up.( Not Lazares ), need to lose 10 kgs to get into that lovely shirt I saw in Dunnes. Too embarrassed to buy XXL .
        I eat plenty of carbs and most of my exercise these days is trying to catch up with meself. Can anyone recommend a fad diet that will work very well in the short term but upon abandonment will return me to my comfortable clothes again. I just want to shine at the wedding. Is herbal for life an option ? the last diet I tried gave me chandlers that were hard to shake.
        whole food, veg based!

*It's like vegan except you don't have to live on sugar and U don't get to be a wanker to everyone else on the planet
        Last edited by Guest; 07-05-17, 03:12.

Comment

Day started with me driving to Belfast to WWE wrestling event and ended with me apologising to ambulance men for drunk 58 yr old calling them because he couldn't wake his drunk 56 yr old brother who fell asleep on stairs. Tmw/today it's gonna be 'gone fishing'

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Guess waiting for the OnePlus5 is the smartest phone move of the year?

Find I'm using the tablet a lot less even for Kindle, so a good phone makes sense, and then keep this (nice but basic enough) Chinese phone in reserve for occasions when a phone could be lost.
              Screen on my OP2 when smashy in the gym the other day. First time I ever used the upper tier of lockers and the bastard fell out. Not sure whether to replace the screen or the phone. Forking out €400 is a bit out of kilter with trying to spend less time staring into the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Going to Lords. Can always get a bionic leg.
                Cold and grey in London.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Do you want to hear how gloriously sunny it is in Dublin with not a breeze?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I am a huge Anti MLM person. I am fed up with people messaging me on FB asking if I want to be part of this "yada yada yada yawn"

From Herbalife to Younique to World Ventures to Thrive. Oh and there are many many more.

I am not interested in spamming fk out of people on facebook. I want to throw up at all the shitty motivational posts. These folk pretending they are making so much money with it when they aren't.

People are living in this MLM bubble, they just can't see past the herd mentality. It is worse than a Billy Graham convention in the '80's!
                    They go to these camps and all meet and get excited about new products... Give me a fucking GUN! (for myself haha) I know I bought stuff off Avon years ago and that is one too. But I liked the cheap enough makeup back in the day. But the other shit can just go fuck off.

/End Rant

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Do you want to hear how gloriously sunny it is in Dublin with not a breeze?
                      Portlaoise basking in sunshine too. Thank fuck Im off today. Off to leopardstown with mia for a bit if gambling. She's on a hunt around the house since 10am for loose change lol
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        Portlaoise basking in sunshine too. Thank fuck Im off today. Off to leopardstown with mia for a bit if gambling. She's on a hunt around the house since 10am for loose change lol
                        I am sick for the first time I moved here. 11 months and not a thing, no colds, nothing. Bones aching, throat sore and a headache that would slay a rhino.
                        Have my parents here too. They away out themselves as I am fit for the bed.

Enjoy the Gambool!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          I am sick for the first time I moved here. 11 months and not a thing, no colds, nothing. Bones aching, throat sore and a headache that would slay a rhino.
                          Have my parents here too. They away out themselves as I am fit for the bed.

Enjoy the Gambool!
                          Get the manuka into ya
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Cold and grey in London.

At least England batting first some good batting will be seen. Prob hit 350

Comment

Back in the day when the summer touring side would play 1 game in Ireland it used to be an unwritten rule that, whatever the conditions or who won the toss the touring team would bat first - just to ensure the game would definitely last to the late afternoon.

Comment

@MrsFD - What's MLM?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  @MrsFD - What's MLM?
                                  Multi level marketing companies. Pyramid scheme types

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Gis a gawk.

GFYL

Also GGL
                                      The older one (first pic) probably looks better

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

@Courier Collie. She is a beauty!

Hope all are having a nice Sunday....We got these nom noms! :P

Mwa mwa ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                          Is there a 'cricket for dummies' type thing I can read so I can bluff my way through Sunday?
                                          Stop singing the fields of Athenry

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            Stop singing the fields of Athenry
                                            Wasn't me

Comment

My favourite cupcake is the Terry's chocolate orange buffoon.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Obv don't want to see Le Pen get in but is Macron getting in really winning for anyone?seems like a slimeball,hopefully the leaks cripple him before he has a chance to do damage

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Back in the day when the summer touring side would play 1 game in Ireland it used to be an unwritten rule that, whatever the conditions or who won the toss the touring team would bat first - just to ensure the game would definitely last to the late afternoon.
                                                  This led to Ireland bowling out the windies for 25 in 1969

Comment

Also glorious sunshine in Kerry. Had a road trip to the North Kerry coast for a match. Beautiful conditions

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                      Krakow trip report.

SPOILER
                                                      So I had the week off work and figured if I didn't hop on a plane somewhere i'd end up achieving little on home soil so a quick search of Ryanair gave me options and after flirting with the idea of Faro I opted for Krakow with my prime motivation being a desire to visit Auschwitz.

Airport Transfer - where possible I always try to book airport transfer in advance and at a total costs of 35e total for transfers to/from hotel/airport it seemed like value to have hassle free and some bloke standing in the arrivals hall with your name held high.

Accomodation, midweek anyway, seemed to be pretty cheap and I had plenty of options. I could have had my pick for of hotels for c.250e for 3 nights but decided to book Hotel Wentzl (http://wentzl.pl) which is right on the Old Town Square and where an premium room cost me 410e for 3 nights and it seemed like value to me. Room was huge, hotel was beautiful and the location was ideal. This was the view from my tiny tiny balcony onto the Old Town Square.

SPOILER

For day 1 I had booked in advance with www.auschwitz-tours.com for an all day trip to A) Auschwitz, and B) Salt Mines. Pick up from hotel and I shared an 8 seater with 4 English tourists so a very comfortable conveyance. No need to give much detail here because most will be familiar but I found it very interesting and I was thankful I went off peak as I imagine it is pretty damn hectic. Salt Mines are so so but are worth it for the Church which is pretty spectacular.

Day 2 was rest but day 3 was The Oskar Schindler Factory which is average at best - it is just very poorly laid out as a visitor attraction and I'd be surprised if they couldnt do a better job of it somehow. I also went to The museum of modern art and it was a very enjoyable 90 minutes or so spent wandering around. I'd not been to a MOMA before and this experience would ensure that I get to visit others when on other city breaks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTynLLyF-t4/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/BTqzztbFfM8/ just some of what was on show.

For food I had booked in advance. First up was Szara Ges (http://szarages.com/en/) which was just exceptional. I had beetroot and goats cheese to start, followed by Confit Goose Breast which was superb beyond words. I opted for 2 deserts, bottle of rouge, glass of sweet, coffee and about 125 covered it all along with tip. I would highly recommend. Some pics of the food https://www.instagram.com/p/BTmoqUDlVyr/

Next up was Pimento (http://www.pimiento.pl/) which is an Argentinian Steakhouse. It did everything it said on the tin and I went back the following day again for lunch. One observation from Krakow is that your money doesn't go very far on the wine list.

Back to the airport where before boarding the flight I watched Indian Tomahawk win in Clonmel which was a nice little boost. All in all a very enjoyable few days and if you had to do it on a tight budget you absolutely could. I'd recommend it to anybody who was looking for a few days away.

When I was there, there were a lot of groups of young israeli's doing their yolocaust thing with draping flags around themselves and taking selfies laughing everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        When I was there, there were a lot of groups of young israeli's doing their yolocaust thing with draping flags around themselves and taking selfies laughing everywhere.
                                                        Yolocaust
                                                        Up there in the top 5 worst bunch you can run into travelling.although tbh large groups of any nationality are usually grim,Irish prob up there for a lot of people too

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          Yolocaust
                                                          A German-based satirist has unveiled an online a project which draws attention to what some may consider inappropriate at Berlin's holocaust memorial

Comment

Watching the Liverpool match was a poor choice.need eye bleach

Comment

Went to a private lunch at McGuigans cellar door yesterday. The usual sparkling wine on arrival. When that glass was finished, a man came over with a bottle and topped us up. He heard he Irish accent and asked where we were from. Mentioned his family was originally from Monaghan etc. Generally he just had the craic, slagging the lads off, which wines we liked, that sort of stuff.
                                                              His name badge was just a simple "Neil". It was only after he left, that I copped who he was, the CEO/Chief Winemaker.
                                                              Wine was nonstop with lunch. And getting in with the head honcho paid off. Ended up with $100 red in a gift box to take home.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                To date 8 ladies have used my doppler and it has been so great to share with them. To put an anxious mother's mind at rest is worth everything.
                                                                Can vouch for this. Was a livesaver, thanks again.

Conor, over the moon for ya brother. That's fantastic news
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lol at that jammy goal.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                    Obv don't want to see Le Pen get in but is Macron getting in really winning for anyone?seems like a slimeball,hopefully the leaks cripple him before he has a chance to do damage
                                                                    How is he a slimeball? he's 39, so hasn't really had time to develop slimeball status imo. he's pro Europe, and hopefully disrupting for France .

France is stuck in a social quagmire. Everyone always promises change but nobody ever delivers because they all buckle under an ounce of pressure from the unions. Hopefully he puts things in motion, but will probably end up a damp squid like all the others

Comment

Done. 65%.phew

Comment

Anyone direct me to that Betting on Zero movie? I don't know how to do anything other than torrent fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          Anyone direct me to that Betting on Zero movie? I don't know how to do anything other than torrent fwiw.

Comment

Delighted for you and family lazare. It will be a wonderful time for you. We might even get to have that pint I promised you.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  How is he a slimeball? he's 39, so hasn't really had time to develop slimeball status imo. he's pro Europe, and hopefully disrupting for France .

France is stuck in a social quagmire. Everyone always promises change but nobody ever delivers because they all buckle under an ounce of pressure from the unions. Hopefully he puts things in motion, but will probably end up a damp squid like all the others
                                                                                  I must say that I find it extraordinary that you a man your thirties(?) could have reached this point in your life...

SPOILER

Comment

This year's lock of the year?????

Portugal to win the eurovision

I've gobbled up some of the guaranteed free money at the extravagant odds of 9/1
                                                                                    Great bet for a wonderful sweat ev. Transpires the guy is in serious need of a heart transplant, his sister has been standing in for rehearsals so far.

Portugal will be represented by Salvador Sobral with the song 'Amor Pelos Dois'. “It’s a beautiful song, it’s a simple song and it’s easy to sing because it really talks to me,” Salvador says. His sister Luísa Sobral stood in for Salvador during the first round of rehearsals.

Add or download the song to your own playlist: https://ESC2017.lnk.to/Eurovision2017YDDownload the karaoke version here: http://apple.co/2pGkdx5Buy it on vin...

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                      I must say that I find it extraordinary that you a man your thirties(?) could have reached this point in your life...

SPOILER
                                                                                      Easy to blame autocorrect these days.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Never stop being you eurovision! Nice subtle bit of angling for swiss passports there.
                                                                                            oops, had meant to link to his sister in the rehearsal. Though there wasn't much to it.

Comment

Mia got her Hoverboard today , ah Jaysus its a fucking nightmare. I have a pain in my back from holding her hands and walking back and forth .

To me its fucking an impossible gadget to master, she could do it on her own for like 10 seconds and decides to bend on her knees like a stunt woman obv got busted !

Why didnt someone say no Michelle dont do it!!

Currently looking for handlebars online to fit on it ffs

Deffo gonna be fucked in a corner in a few weeks no doubt
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Watched Denial tonight, about David Irving's failed libel case.

Tom Wilkinson is fantastic as Richard Rampton in it.

Very interesting story, especially when considered in this age of 'alternative facts'

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                  Mia got her Hoverboard today , ah Jaysus its a fucking nightmare. I have a pain in my back from holding her hands and walking back and forth .

To me its fucking an impossible gadget to master, she could do it on her own for like 10 seconds and decides to bend on her knees like a stunt woman obv got busted !

Why didnt someone say no Michelle dont do it!!

Currently looking for handlebars online to fit on it ffs

Deffo gonna be fucked in a corner in a few weeks no doubt
                                                                                                  I was going to say there were regulatory issues for a reason but just decided not to as kids rule their parents these days so what's the point

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    I was going to say there were regulatory issues for a reason but just decided not to as kids rule their parents these days so what's the point
                                                                                                    you are correct, 12 months looking for one. what can ya do like lol

bought this yoke

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

[ ] hoverboard

Comment

Spent the last 2 pages reading in a German and French accent...BBV be strange.

Lots of sun and cider today, a good day ! Growing a beard like hitch !
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Darf ich mal vorbei!? Comment t'appelle tu?

Ha Ha.

Jesus I am fucking hilarious.

Comment

Comment

Grand aul day at the home of cricket. Marvellous sport chatting with upper crust types.

Comment

...

Comment

Grand aul day at the home of cricket. Marvellous sport chatting with upper crust types.
                                                                                                                  UCTs:* Bit of an accent there my boy,* what part of the colonies are you from?
                                                                                                                  RD3:* Danorthside
                                                                                                                  UCTs: *Howzatt?
                                                                                                                  RD3 :* Oh I forget myself,* it’s just north of the liffey in Dublin you know, frightfully underrated part of the world.
                                                                                                                  UCTs : HOWZATT??
                                                                                                                  RD3 : I don’t really know,* programmed prejudiced from the south side type I guess.**
                                                                                                                  UCTs :* You still jabbering on *old chap ?
                                                                                                                  RD3 : *Sorry m’Lord,* some tea?* I heading for some myself
                                                                                                                  UCTs* HOWZATTT ?? *Come ON
                                                                                                                  RD3 : Oh I see.
                                                                                                                  *

Comment

Serious day out tbf

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                      Serious day out tbf
                                                                                                                      Yeah and not totally disgraced either. If we could have got Root and\or Morgan early, we might have had a shout. Needed Stirling to get 100 as well, he was seeing it like a football tbf

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X