Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Chatting to the guy I was meeting today about Austria and we've clearly got the right end of the political stick in Ireland. He was in awe about our ability to acceptably have a gay Indian dude as PM while in Austria they are having to choose between a bunch of parties that have differing degrees of outright racism.
    Check your PMs dude

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          In your opinion.
          Yes in my opinion women should be trusted, in yours, clearly not.
          airport, lol

Comment

Kevin o Brien test centurion

Comment

Just resent, not sure what went wrong 1st time
              Nothing there from you yet? Just kev and New approach.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Yes in my opinion women should be trusted, in yours, clearly not.
                Stats from other countries show mass abortion of healthy babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Just a couple of days delay with the draw down due to stupid issue with the direct debit mandates. Still hoping to be in by end of the week but have to try and rearrange things with our landlord, getting stuff delivered to the new place etc.

In fairness the whole process hasn't been all that bad so if we get it all sorted this week we'll consider ourselves fairly lucky.
                  they probably did you a favor. You sure you want to spend THAT long in Limerick?

Comment

Stats from other countries show mass abortion of healthy babies.
                    And you have the stats of all the same would be mother's situations health wise and other to cross reference?
                    And then in your opinion who best decides whether those situations are valid, you, me, the state, or the woman and whoever she decided to discuss it?
                    airport, lol

Comment

And you have the stats of all the same would be mother's situations health wise and other to cross reference?
                      And then in your opinion who best decides whether those situations are valid, you, me, the state, or the woman and whoever she decided to discuss it?
                      There is already a method when rare and unfortunate circumstances arise. There has been many legal abortions in Ireland since 2014.

Comment

There is already a method when rare and unfortunate circumstances arise. There has been many legal abortions in Ireland since 2014.
                        So no is your answer?

They shouldnt have to rely on that "method" that "method has resulted in dead women. Why should a woman faced with one of most difficult decision have to wait around under who knows what circumstances while doctors and others debate whether an abortion would be within the law, and whether or not they will face further legal issues if they make the wrong decision?

The solution is we give adults and women of Ireland the freedom of choice, even if in your eyes some make the "wrong" decision.
                        airport, lol

Comment

So no is your answer?

They shouldnt have to rely on that "method" that "method has resulted in dead women. Why should a woman faced with one of most difficult decision have to wait around under who knows what circumstances while doctors and others debate whether an abortion would be within the law, and whether or not they will face further legal issues if they make the wrong decision?

The solution is we give adults and women of Ireland the freedom of choice, even if in your eyes some make the "wrong" decision.
                          Link to the dead women since 2014?

Comment

^^^^

You`d give an Aspirin a fucking headache !!!

Comment

I don't have a link handy, I stand corrected if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure I'm not, if I dig it out I'll post it
                              airport, lol

Comment

I don't have a link handy, I stand corrected if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure I'm not, if I dig it out I'll post it
                                I certainly haven't heard of any cases and no doubt it would be HUGE news in recent times if any case had occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  they probably did you a favor. You sure you want to spend THAT long in Limerick?
                                  Moving to Limerick has actually been great in fairness. Doing a more interesting version of the work I was doing above with guys I've been friends with for years, predictable easy commute, close to home. The pub scene is nearly too good - drink is probably the only thing I'm spending more money on since we've moved down!

A lot of people in my gang in Dublin have moved back to Munster in the year since we left funny enough, there's definitely things to be said for it.

Limerick in particular I suspect has serious prospects if the economy holds up for a while for various reasons.

Comment

'Since 2014'

Comment

'Since 2014'
                                      Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act 2013 commenced on 1/1/2014.

Comment

Will the CB live tonight have much impact on people's thoughts do you think?

Who's batting for each team?

Comment

Moving to Limerick has actually been great in fairness. Doing a more interesting version of the work I was doing above with guys I've been friends with for years, predictable easy commute, close to home. The pub scene is nearly too good - drink is probably the only thing I'm spending more money on since we've moved down!

A lot of people in my gang in Dublin have moved back to Munster in the year since we left funny enough, there's definitely things to be said for it.

Limerick in particular I suspect has serious prospects if the economy holds up for a while for various reasons.
                                          Only messing anyway. if you have a good job, the quality of life that goes along with it in a small town can be well worth the trade off.

Comment

Ireland 319/7 at stumps. Kevin o Brien outstanding on 118not out after batting for 6 hours. Amazing stuff

Comment

Comment

Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act 2013 commenced on 1/1/2014.
                                                I would have thought that the Savita case was the klaxon for any pregnant woman with the first hint of complications to get the boat?

Comment

I would have thought that the Savita case was the klaxon for any pregnant woman with the first hint of complications to get the boat?
                                                  Savita case was prior to the 2013 Act.

Comment

I don't think the women of Ireland will have faith in the HSE to do right by them regardless of that act. As they still have to weigh up her scenario to see if it fits for an abortion, when that decision should only be hers, and anyone she chooses to discuss it with.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

So...?

Comment

Comment

Am going to have to do a recap on workshit when it all settles down. Can't really talk about it fully on here even though it's relatively anonymous. Got an email today that's going to make me an absolute enemy of at least ten of the eighty faculty.
                                                          We prefer the drinking stories to be honest
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I don't think the women of Ireland will have faith in the HSE to do right by them regardless of that act. As they still have to weigh up her scenario to see if it fits for an abortion, when that decision should only be hers, and anyone she chooses to discuss it with.
                                                            So no women are dying but they are doing bad?

Comment

Comment

So no women are dying but they are doing bad?
                                                                They go to England instead of dying. Abortion is legal there along with the majority of the EU
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

They go to England instead of dying. Abortion is legal there along with the majority of the EU
                                                                  Any credible proof that women whose life is at risk travelled to England for an abortion? If they were so sick how could they even travel?

Comment

Comment

Do you have a partner?

I guess not, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing that your life's love should be allowed to die for the sake of an embryonic possibility.
                                                                      I believe the laws we have in place would save the women in such a case including suicidal.

Comment

Any credible proof that women whose life is at risk travelled to England for an abortion? If they were so sick how could they even travel?
                                                                        Hang on one second, werent you asked to provide proof for something a few days back by Kayroo & GaB. I believe you ignored their repeated requests for your source material and when that didnt make it go away you disappeared?

Comment

Any credible proof all the "healthy babies" aborted in other countries mother's lives weren't?

Sick comes in multiple forms. If I was sucidal I would not be heading to the HSE so they could decide whether I was sucidal enough to grant me the abortion, while I wait. When I can go through the slightly less horrible route of traveling to England. I would think a lot of women would feel the same.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              Hang on one second, werent you asked to provide proof for something a few days back by Kayroo & GaB. I believe you ignored their repeated requests for your source material and when that didnt make it go away you disappeared?
                                                                              I believe I answered that and it was about a legal definition that Kayroo sought to redefine more than anything if memory serves me right.

@Hitch I won't answer that cos its creepy but everyone has a mother/friends who are female etc. I truly believe in the law we already have.

Comment

...

Comment

Any credible proof all the "healthy babies" aborted in other countries mother's lives weren't?

Sick comes in multiple forms. If I was sucidal I would not be heading to the HSE so they could decide whether I was sucidal enough to grant me the abortion, while I wait. When I can go through the slightly less horrible route of traveling to England. I would think a lot of women would feel the same.
                                                                                  Yes actually. 97% of the UK abortions in 2016 (180,794) were performed under Ground C which is the "abortion on demand" Ground. Only 6 cases in the UK in 2016 were performed under Ground F or G which is immediate risk to the women's life.

Comment

Do you have a partner though and how does she feel about this? If you're just a sad lonely guy in a basement it taints your perspective.
                                                                                    Are you jack the lad or jack the cad
                                                                                    Hopefully not a creepy question

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone watched the Cobra Kai Karate kid reboot?

Seems a weird thing to do but getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes and imdb

Comment

6/180794 = 3% who woulda think it
                                                                                          There are grounds A B C D E F G also. Most of the others are Ground E which is due to the disability of the child including downs syndrome.

Comment

6/180794 = 3% who woulda think it
                                                                                            Why have the same argument every day with an angle shooter who doesn't listen?

Comment

...For those with withdrawal symptoms from Premier league being finished... Ireland U17's in the QF of the U17 European championships. 20 minutes to go, (only 40 minutes per half) 0-0 and will go to penalties...
                                                                                              ...Edit...FFS, Literally typing this and Netherlands score...

Comment

...1-1!!!...Get in there...

Comment

...Looking like Penalties...Forgot to mention it's on RTE 2 right now...

Comment

Yeah, this is a good line of argument...
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

..Ah fuck sake.. that is disgraceful!!!... Never seen this before..

Comment

...i have never seen that before... Deciding penalty, the keeper saves it...Referee forces him to take it again because he came off the line...He then gives the keeper a 2nd yellow card and sends him off, and we couldn't make a sub keeper...Never seen that before...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                          ...i have never seen that before... Deciding penalty, the keeper saves it...Referee forces him to take it again because he came off the line...He then gives the keeper a 2nd yellow card and sends him off, and we couldn't make a sub keeper...Never seen that before...
                                                                                                          Terribly unlucky, how often do you see that called. The yellow was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone watched the Cobra Kai Karate kid reboot?

Seems a weird thing to do but getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes and imdb
                                                                                                            You need out of Sligo m8
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                              Terribly unlucky, how often do you see that called. The yellow was a joke.
                                                                                                              ...Yeah, like you know you have already booked him for something silly, don't be a complete cunt and send him off...

Comment

...Yeah, like you know you have already booked him for something silly, don't be a complete cunt and send him off...
                                                                                                                The manager and team acted with a lot of class in the way they handled it. If it was a minor gah game it would have been Louth Meath Leinster final scenes all over again.

Comment

Did Martin O Neill go on and have a go at the ref?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Did Martin O Neill go on and have a go at the ref?
                                                                                                                    ...Yeah came on the pitch and had a word with him...Good think Keane didn't come on the pitch, he would've punched him...

Comment

...Yeah came on the pitch and had a word with him...Good think Keane didn't come on the pitch, he would've punched him...
                                                                                                                      You better belive it

Comment

Fiery debate so far.

Comment

Fiery debate so far.
                                                                                                                          Who's on?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X