Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do full trip report on Vegas when I get a chance

Executive summary; very good but not great. Certainly not as great as I remember it being 10 years ago. Lots of small negatives when added up take away from the whole thing. Will definitely be back no doubt but wouldn’t be as enthusiastic about it as I was about this trip

Comment

...Keeo watching and laughing at the video of guy and Giggs in the toilets when he is having a piss... It's funny as hell, but I wouldn't be surprised if Giggs punched him after he stopped recording lol...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        ...Keeo watching and laughing at the video of guy and Giggs in the toilets when he is having a piss... It's funny as hell, but I wouldn't be surprised if Giggs punched him after he stopped recording lol...
        Not seeing the funny as hell angle tbh. I'm sure if he wanted to ask him outside the jacks for a pic he'd have taken one but instead the guy taking the video looks like a cock. (pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Anyone been.watching Millionaire on tv3 this week? Some poor fucker on 16k, sets his "safety net" at 32k so has to get the question right to get there. Uses his last lifeline and phones a friend. Goes with the answer and he's clearly pained trying to get to.32k, Clarkson says I don't even need to look at the screen, you are correct, but a different answer flashes green and he loses 15k. He can't believe it, looks genuinely shocked and not sure if it's a piss take and Clarkson looks like a prick.
          Not seeing the funny as hell angle tbh. I'm sure if he wanted to ask him outside the jacks for a pic he'd have taken one but instead the guy taking the video looks like a cock. (pun intended)
          hmm, seems a little obsessed

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
            What is this? Linkage?
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Pissing down rain for anyone punting the rugby.

Now I know that caracoles = snails. Not the worst thing eaten.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nice sunny morning in the Dublin area!

Comment

With all this rugby talk, went and bought tix for next years final in Newcastle. Great deal tbh, same seat for the 2 finals on Friday and Saturday for £85.

Talk about forward planning

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    With all this rugby talk, went and bought tix for next years final in Newcastle. Great deal tbh, same seat for the 2 finals on Friday and Saturday for £85.

Talk about forward planning
                    Met a bunch of Clermont fans last night. They don't like Racing at all!
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Met a bunch of Clermont fans last night. They don't like Racing at all!
                        No one likes racing. They're the toulon of the North.

Comment

Going to give these a few more hours but will wrap them up today if there are no more takers.

Comment

So, IPB Eurovision 2018 Sweep - Lets Rise like a Phoenix.
                            26 countries participating, going to strike out the Top 2 in the betting - Cyprus and Israel. Leaves 24.

Need 8 players @ €25. Honour based system, no escrow, so only known good eggs need apply.

You will get 3 countries each in a random draw (moderate seeding to prevent anyone getting three 100/1 shots) overseen by me.
                            Scoring system - your two lowest scoring countries count, add them together and the lowest overall total scoops the whole pot.
                            Open to all but much more fun if you will be watching and drunkenly posting as it happens.

And remember - We've Got the World Tonight.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Inski. Will be watching with à bunch of wig wearing freaks (myself included) , and funking for Cyprus to scoop.

Comment

Inski. Will be watching with à bunch of wig wearing freaks (myself included) , and funking for Cyprus to scoop.
                                  Shouldn't be allowed in without pics imo.

Comment

In
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In of course. The only competition I've won on here.

Comment

In of course. The only competition I've won on here.
                                        Sorry, he said only known good eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Sorry, he said only known good eggs.
                                          Lol. Gfy, a dobby always pays his debts

Comment

Looks like aer lingus overbooked flights to bilbao, and only choice people were given was the flight back 3h after kick off. Cunts if true. Plenty of season ticket holders affected apparently

Comment

Looks like aer lingus overbooked flights to bilbao, and only choice people were given was the flight back 3h after kick off. Cunts if true. Plenty of season ticket holders affected apparently
                                              They overbook all flights. Someone obviously didn't do the maths that there'd be less no shows on that one!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

In!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  They overbook all flights. Someone obviously didn't do the maths that there'd be less no shows on that one!
                                                  100%, they obviously fucked up doing the numbers (which happens) , but maybe you try and find a solution which lets people actually go to the event they booked the flights for in the first place, even if it costs you a little more

Comment

100%, they obviously fucked up doing the numbers (which happens) , but maybe you try and find a solution which lets people actually go to the event they booked the flights for in the first place, even if it costs you a little more
                                                    Aer Lingus are worse than Ryanair when things go wrong in my opinion
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

In for Eurovision sweep!

Comment

Eurovision.
                                                        1. Hitch.
                                                        2. shrapnel.
                                                        3. Strewelpeter.
                                                        4. Dimoxinil.
                                                        5. dobby.
                                                        6. ionapaul.
                                                        7. NewApproach.
                                                        8. It's Time for Making Your Mind Up.

One spot left.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Eurovision.
                                                          1. Hitch.
                                                          2. shrapnel.
                                                          3. Strewelpeter.
                                                          4. Dimoxinil.
                                                          5. dobby.
                                                          6. ionapaul.
                                                          7. NewApproach.
                                                          8. It's Time for Making Your Mind Up.

One spot left.
                                                          I think luckforsome wants in. Would reserve the 8th spot for him since he said In yesterday?

Comment

I think luckforsome wants in. Would reserve the 8th spot for him since he said In yesterday?
                                                            What's another year?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...In!!!!....Love ya Dobby...xxx

Comment

Eurovision.
                                                                1. Hitch.
                                                                2. shrapnel.
                                                                3. Strewelpeter.
                                                                4. Dimoxinil.
                                                                5. dobby.
                                                                6. ionapaul.
                                                                7. NewApproach.
                                                                8. lucksforsome

And that's a lock.
                                                                Draw in an hour.

But will open a second game, chance it might fill with a good few hours until songoff time. Slightly different points structure in second game, its a do-well comp.

So, IPB Eurovision 2018 Sweep - Lets Rise like a Phoenix.
                                                                26 countries participating, going to strike out the Top 2 in the betting - Cyprus and Israel. Leaves 24.

Need 8 players @ €25. Honour based system, no escrow, so only known good eggs need apply.

You will get 3 countries each in a random draw (moderate seeding to prevent anyone getting three 100/1 shots) overseen by me.
                                                                Scoring system - your two lowest scoring countries count, add them together and the highest overall total scoops the whole pot.
                                                                Open to all but much more fun if you will be watching and drunkenly posting as it happens.

Don't miss out or there'll be Only Teardrops.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    We can be in the second one too?

Or maybe people in the first one who want into the second one go on a reserve that gets filled only after non first game players have a chance to sign up in order to widen participation.

I'll go on reserve if the second option, and sign up now if its just a regular sign up.
                                                                    I'll put you as reserve but you'll prob get in anyway.
                                                                    But will give priority to others (regs like Kev, Riggz, DP might be interested).

Comment

In for second one

Comment

I'll put you as reserve but you'll prob get in anyway.
                                                                        But will give priority to others (regs like Kev, Riggz, DP might be interested).
                                                                        In for second one too. First time, am excite. Thought you were all bonkers the last few years. Jump on board

Comment

In for 2nd one

Comment

In for second one

Comment

In for 2nd Eurovision sweep, please and thanks

Comment

Draw 1. This is the traditional Do Bad Competition.
                                                                                Add your two lowest scores together, the lowest overall total wins the pot.

Comment

Draw 2.

1. HJ.
                                                                                  2. Lazare.
                                                                                  3. balfejohn.
                                                                                  4. bohsman
                                                                                  5. Lao Lao.
                                                                                  6.
                                                                                  7.
                                                                                  8. (hitch reserve)

3 places remaining.

Comment

In for second one please

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      In for second one too. First time, am excite. Thought you were all bonkers the last few years. Jump on board
                                                                                      Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                      In for second one please
                                                                                      Good to see the discerning music people finally seeing the light.
                                                                                      I reserve the right to expel either of ye if I hear a rumour that you switched over to something arty guitary on BBC4 at any stage.

Comment

In if there's a spot left

Comment

Tiger rolling back the years on 405 if anyone's bored! Putting to go - 7 after 8.

Comment

Good to see the discerning music people finally seeing the light.
                                                                                            I reserve the right to expel either of ye if I hear a rumour that you switched over to something arty guitary on BBC4 at any stage.
                                                                                            I've the mudder in law up for the night as an insurance policy.

Only downside is I won't be boozing, have a race tomorrow morn.

Comment

...I'm heading to the Woolshed toniggt with a couple of friends from college...Reckon it'll be primed for tourists/foreigners watching the Eurovision , so I May need to switch allegiance from Ireland...Hopefully it'll result in an update to my dating blog...

Comment

A 500/1 shot and a 70/1 shot. I'll take that all day

Comment

...

Comment

A 500/1 shot and a 70/1 shot. I'll take that all day
                                                                                                    ...100/1 and 200/1 for me, I'm a happy bunny...

Comment

Seems like we need a third sweep!
                                                                                                      I know you said you scrapped the Eurovision model but did you take anything from it regarding pricing?

Comment

Game 2.

1. HJ.
                                                                                                        2. Lazare.
                                                                                                        3. balfejohn.
                                                                                                        4. bohsman
                                                                                                        5. Lao Lao.
                                                                                                        6. BennyHifi
                                                                                                        7. brady23
                                                                                                        8. Gimmeabreak

Closed.
                                                                                                        Draw in an hour.

Seems like we need a third sweep!
                                                                                                        I'll put you as number 1 for this, if another seven (or even five) show interest by around 6.30pm then it'll go.

Comment

Can you pm whatever transfer method you want please.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            Can you pm whatever transfer method you want please.
                                                                                                            No escrow. Just pay the winner

Comment

In for the third, only up.

Think i won the first one ! Skilz
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Draw 2. The Do Well Competition where you get to cheer instead of boo.
                                                                                                                Add your two lowest scores together, the highest overall total wins the pot.

Comment

...

Comment

Rugby linkage
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

In for a third if it runs..

Comment

...Eurovision 2018...

...Draw 1...Add your two lowest scores together, the lowest overall total wins...

...Draw 2... Add your two lowest scores together, the highest overall total wins...

Comment

Intensity of this game is ferocious

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X