Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post

https://twitter.com/billybragg/statu...79032839229440
    thats more about the charts than the artist...fuck I'm still doing it
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      ...In...

...The above is my response to whatever Eurovision competition is organised by Hitch tomorrow...
      obviously this.
      I love gay christmas. Going to a gay wedding today and a eurovision party tomorrow.
      Love the lifestyle
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Hard not to look at that as dishonesty and/or trolling from Jack. There's been a notable and regrettable slide back towards throwing silly grenades lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Hard not to look at that as dishonesty and/or trolling from Jack. There's been a notable and regrettable slide back towards throwing silly grenades lately.
          I think Kayroo may have broken him.

Comment

Every morning, about 9, set the tone for the day init
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              9.66/10 for student feedback on teaching. I suspect, graciously, that even jesus preaching to his disciples would have got worse feedback than that.
              Thomas always marked him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                When i spend time out west here. I haul my own lobster. I also go deep sea fishing, with cider. No photo to hand, but it's class. I also put on the wetsuit and go diving for scallops, I choose not to post this on social media though as I don't want other going to the bay diving for them. Hence I've no accompanying photograph. I normally accompany all of the above with some rack of connemara lamb and lashings of vino. Life's good.
                This sounds amazing. Is there some business bringing people out fishing with cider and catching lobsters or what's the story?

Comment

When we were kids my late father used to boil the crabs in the pot. Hear them screaming he’d say. I was disgusted, NO daddy let them out. I was about 7. A while ago a friend of mine was doing similar and I said to his 7ish year old kid. Can you hear them screaming in the pot? He replied, they are not screaming, they have no vocal chords, that is just air bubbles escaping from beneath their shell. Clever little bollox, the crabs definitely screamed in the ol days before the internet

Comment

Got an eye test there for the first time since I was a kid, feeling pleased about the "better than 20/20" esp with all the screen time I've had, until I realised 20/20 is just normal vision. Understand it's a test for glasses, but still would be nice to get the result on a meaningful scale!
                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-05-18, 10:13.

Comment

...I'd say the ICC are already regretting their decision to allow Ireland into test Cricket...Like when was the last time we actually had 5 days when it wasn't pissing rain!!...Great to finally have it though, hoping to make it o it over the weekend, weather dependant!!!...

Comment

Scott Hutchinson body found? Apparently so

Comment

Getting tempted by a friend to join his work place. Place has restaurant quality breakfast/lunch/dinner, just thinking that must be worth ~5k+ in terms of benefits?
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-05-18, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                            ...I'd say the ICC are already regretting their decision to allow Ireland into test Cricket...Like when was the last time we actually had 5 days when it wasn't pissing rain!!...Great to finally have it though, hoping to make it o it over the weekend, weather dependant!!!...
                            Last weekend woulda been perfect

From after tea today there is little or no rain in the forecast, cool and fresh with the odd shower so they should be able to play the game to a conclusion and the tourists will not like the weather.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It is honestly amazing. Friend of mine owns the house and I've been lucky enough to spend time down there in recent years. A typical stint would involve

1/ Lots of time out on the boat setting and hauling lobster pots.
                              2/ Deep Sea Fishing complete with Cider and Music
                              3/ Diving for Scallops
                              4/ Getting outrageously drunk
                              5/ Fly fishing in Leenane
                              6/ Racks of Connemara Lamb that would so fry that you'd only have to wave them over some het to cook them.
                              7/ Swimming and curing the hangover at the surf beach in Ballyconeely.
                              8/ Eating copious amounts of cured and smoked salmon from The Connemara Smoke House.
                              9/ Plenty of G&T's in Keoghs of Ballyconeely
                              10/ Lunchtime Oyster and Chowder in O'Dowds of Roundstone

Tis actually unreal. It's good for the soul.
                              I've been talking about renting a house in the west of Ireland for a getaway for years but never get around to doing it. In a slightly fragile state this morning after probably one or two more pints than I should have drank last night and that list of activities sounds so perfect I could almost shed a tear.

Have just texted herself about picking a weekend and pulling the trigger.

Comment

Tis actually unreal. It's good for the soul.
                                18 - 22 C windy and wet in Ireland >>>>>> 28 -40C on an overcrowded beach in Spain.

Sure there is plenty of nice times of the year to explore all the wonderful places Europe and the world have to offer but there is so many amazing places here we never pay attention to.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  Scott Hutchinson body found? Apparently so
                                  floating in the forth....ffs

Comment

Feel like having a punt on this referendum. Just looking over some historical result. The only that is clear is that the Irish masses are unpredictably bonkers.

The death penalty was (officially) abolished in 1990, and practically abolished in 1964. But 38% still voted against a constitutional ban on the death penalty in 2001.
                                    The rights of the child result is a bit odd also, but granted there's a lot more personal opinion involved.

Comment

Should be on Strewels quiz programes. Clean up.

Comment

Was looking at FB there and there is an Article in the Donegal Daily where Leo Varadkar is calling for Donegal to vote Yes in the referendum.

You should see the comments! 98% of them are all NO NO NO. Guarantee that Donegal will do it's usual and vote the opposite from most of the Counties.

All these women saying they won't partake in a vote that murders babies. There is no talking to them.

Jack, want the link?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          All these women saying they won't partake in a vote that murders babies. There is no talking to them.
                                          The fact that these people show their disapproval by boycotting a referendum says it all about the critical thinking going on.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            It depends how far down this rabbit hole you want to go!

If you want shoe trees and all sorts of creams then this is the place to go. I picked up a lovely cedarwood shoe box as a gift to myself on this site.

If you want a tutorial on how to polish your shoes then go here. Crazy stuff but you have to admire the obsession.

Alternatively if you just want to keep it simple. Then a bit of Kiwi from your local Tesco will do grand!
                                            Is there anywhere in town that sells saphir wax?

nm, the italian heel bar beside the SE has it. They didn't last time I was in.
                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-05-18, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              The fact that these people show their disapproval by boycotting a referendum says it all about the critical thinking going on.
                                              Who cares they aren't voting NO and can keep their conscience. It's the undecided that warrants the attention

Comment

Was looking at FB there and there is an Article in the Donegal Daily where Leo Varadkar is calling for Donegal to vote Yes in the referendum.

You should see the comments! 98% of them are all NO NO NO. Guarantee that Donegal will do it's usual and vote the opposite from most of the Counties.

Jack, want the link?
                                                Yes please.

Comment

I took it as they won't partake in a vote that murders babies, as in won't partake in a yes vote, as opposed to boycotting referendum that's their way of saying they will vote no
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Sorry, I should rephrase. They won't vote to murder babies. Mean they are all voting No.

Here is the link Jack. Just search on the word Leo to find it.

Donegal Daily. 115,472 likes · 13,363 talking about this. Donegal's largest news outlet, covering breaking news, views, sport and features from across the coun

Comment

More Eurovision people in the airport than Leinster fans.

Comment

I am doing Skellig Michael in 2 weeks time myself. Can't wait for it.
                                                        Who did you book with? I had 4 attempts last year in a week and all got called off.
                                                        Leenanne cottages are lovely over in the Wesht, not far from Kylemore Abbey. Lovely drive along Killary Fjord as well, and Ashford Castle for a Lunch stop en route home.
                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Wesht is besht
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Can it really be a coincidence that Soros is a Hungarian??

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              I took it as they won't partake in a vote that murders babies, as in won't partake in a yes vote, as opposed to boycotting referendum that's their way of saying they will vote no
                                                              Maybe that's was they meant to say, but it's not what they said actually means.

Comment

Ireland into around 5th favs now for Eurovision, the China song boycott thing seems to be playing well.

Edit : Clear 9/1 3rd favs now.
                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 11-05-18, 13:28.

Comment

Fwiw, this is the type of cunt I was referring to when I said 'them'..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I live and work in what might be the most liberal area of the country (Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown) and have only seen Yes supporters out knocking on doors and handing out flyers. Yes people at the Sandyford and Stillorgan Luas stops again this morning. Haven't seen a single No campaign person anywhere; can't imagine many are going around door to door, would be a tough evening's work. Am guessing this experience is the opposite to that in Donegal!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Getting tempted by a friend to join his work place. Place has restaurant quality breakfast/lunch/dinner, just thinking that must be worth ~5k+ in terms of benefits?
                                                                      Does it serve healthy food? Could be long term -EV! You still lifting?

Comment

Sorry, I should rephrase. They won't vote to murder babies. Mean they are all voting No.
                                                                        Ah fair enough. I liked it better the first way though.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          I live and work in what might be the most liberal area of the country (Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown) and have only seen Yes supporters out knocking on doors and handing out flyers. Yes people at the Sandyford and Stillorgan Luas stops again this morning. Haven't seen a single No campaign person anywhere; can't imagine many are going around door to door, would be a tough evening's work. Am guessing this experience is the opposite to that in Donegal!
                                                                          Donegal people just love saying "No" to any random decision really
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Ah fair enough. I liked it better the first way though.
                                                                            It's a pity. Folk like that won't refrain from voting, they sound like the type that would be standing near the polling stations with billboards trying to scare people into voting No.

Comment

It's a pity. Folk like that won't refrain from voting, they sound like the type that would be standing near the polling stations with billboards trying to scare people into voting No.
                                                                              Pretty sure you're not allowed to canvass for votes within 100m of a polling station. Probably not enough Gardai in rural areas to enforce it though.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Ireland into around 5th favs now for Eurovision, the China song boycott thing seems to be playing well.
                                                                                https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision/winner
                                                                                Russian commentary was gas.
                                                                                Something about a strong male friendship

Comment

I've been talking about renting a house in the west of Ireland for a getaway for years but never get around to doing it. In a slightly fragile state this morning after probably one or two more pints than I should have drank last night and that list of activities sounds so perfect I could almost shed a tear.

Do it, as GAB says, it's good for the soul. We have access to a house just outside Roundstone as Mrs Lao Lao's dad has a place there. We get over a few times a year which is not enough for me, I'd happily go more regularly.

Some stuff can be weather dependant but even if it's really bad, being indoors out west is way better than being indoors at home.

This is from the last time we were down just after the beast from the east battered the east coast. It wasn't that warm but still great to get out for a walk in.

SPOILER

This is our view from the garden.

SPOILER

And when the weather is good there, it is absolutely amazing. This is from a few years back out on Inis Lacken just off the coast of Roundstone

SPOILER

Comment

My partners grandparents from tuirin just outside carraroe beautiful area the land is so poor don’t know how they knocked a living out of it fishing mostly I think. Hope never call my wife to be missus sickpuppy.

Comment

Could well be like Brexit the city areas go yes and the rural areas go no it's a turnout game.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                        Dún Laoire Rathdown is California and Donegal is Alabama in US terms. Got to target the resources were they likely to have the most impact.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                          Could well be like Brexit the city areas go yes and the rural areas go no it's a turnout game.
                                                                                          Would guess the split would be very similar to the marriage equality referendum in terms of how different areas vote

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                            Does it serve healthy food? Could be long term -EV! You still lifting?
                                                                                            Yeah they do, I did factor that in as a concern! They also have a gym though. Not at the moment, injured myself and about to get back into it

Comment

A comment I saw on Facebook.. ...

I was 100% in the no camp, but now after the stunt in Limerick city , last Saturday , with them involving the Church, and the posters put up by the maternity , and the no campaigners shouting at kids not trust women has completely changed my mind now
                                                                                              Hopefully many more like her.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Do it, as GAB says, it's good for the soul. We have access to a house just outside Roundstone as Mrs Lao Lao's dad has a place there. We get over a few times a year which is not enough for me, I'd happily go more regularly.

Some stuff can be weather dependant but even if it's really bad, being indoors out west is way better than being indoors at home.

This is from the last time we were down just after the beast from the east battered the east coast. It wasn't that warm but still great to get out for a walk in.

SPOILER

This is our view from the garden.

SPOILER

And when the weather is good there, it is absolutely amazing. This is from a few years back out on Inis Lacken just off the coast of Roundstone

SPOILER
                                                                                                We stayed in ballinahinch recently for wedding anniversary. First time up that side of the country. Won't be our last.

Comment

You'd love google then, any food type you want from their multiple chefs/restaurants. In London anyway, the food is fantastic, the facilities are awesome. Friend also has a credit card from them with £10000 in expenses available per use per month, admittedly has to be used for something somewhat reasonable (anything transaction under £10 does not have to be accounted for at all), but that way you get to eat outside of work for free too. I'd be so unhealthy I think.

Comment

Did you decide to book anything?

What we have done a few times is book a cottage somewhere near a small village on the coast. Have done Dingle, Easky (Sligo), Baltimore (Cork), doing Wexford next to change it up but I'd rather stick to West coast. Couldn't recommend Easky enough, plenty to do but still very quiet and chilled. In the place in Baltimore it was an old farm cottage, I think about 4 cars passed the road the entire weekend we were there, big open fire and fresh baked bread waiting for us on arrival, not much happening in Baltimore but it was grand.

Would rather stick to Galway, Mayo, Sligo tbh and just get a small cottage on airbnb and chill.for a weekend.

Forgot Carrigaholt in South West Clare. Unreal spot, very small village but plenty to do with a nice beach and a boat that will take you out dolphin watching for a couple.of hours. Few pubs and a couple of very nice places to eat too.
                                                                                                    Last edited by dobby; 11-05-18, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      Did you decide to book anything?

What we have done a few times is book a cottage somewhere near a small village on the coast. Have done Dingle, Easky (Sligo), Baltimore (Cork), doing Wexford next to change it up but I'd rather stick to West coast. Couldn't recommend Easky enough, plenty to do but still very quiet and chilled. In the place in Baltimore it was an old farm cottage, I think about 4 cars passed the road the entire weekend we were there, big open fire and fresh baked bread waiting for us on arrival, not much happening in Baltimore but it was grand.

Would rather stick to Galway, Mayo, Sligo tbh and just get a small cottage on airbnb and chill.for a weekend.

Forgot Carrigaholt in South West Clare. Unreal spot, very small village but plenty to do with a nice beach and a boat that will take you out dolphin watching for a couple.of hours. Few pubs and a couple of very nice places to eat too.
                                                                                                      We'll need to do a bit of planning and organising before booking something, thanks for the suggestions.

As luck should have it work are organising a weekend away in Clifden in September which is the sort of area I was thinking about based on what GAB was saying. I have heard Easkey is a great spot before alright.

Comment

Reminder to vote in the Music King semi-finals folks:

Comment

DJ.... 536 Par5.

3 Wood.
                                                                                                          8 Iron.

Thats ridiculous.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

and he eagles from 20ft.

Not even fair on the rest of the field.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

phhh...a 42 year old with a fused spine has 0.3 mph on him.

Comment

I don't think Tiger carries an 8i 210-220 like DJ just did... this is what amazes me.

Tiger got around that carry with a 6i yesterday. Pretty sure he and DJ had wind assistance for these shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  I don't think Tiger carries an 8i 210-220 like DJ just did... this is what amazes me.

Tiger got around that carry with a 6i yesterday. Pretty sure he and DJ had wind assistance for these shots.
                                                                                                                  Rory has huge irons as well. I actually thought his irons were close to the longest on tour.

The course is so short(relatively) at 7200 yards give or take so any big hitter who keeps it on the fairway could put up some ridiculous numbers

Comment

It's roasting there and the ball is flying like mad. There's a lot of TV hype around superhuman PGA player shot distances but they're often playing in hot weather with carpet fairways that run a mile and off elevated tee boxes.

Clubhead speed is the only real objective measure of power. I was around 108-110 last time I was on a launch monitor. In reality they're probably about 10% beyond mere mortals with some degree of athleticism. Here's the stats over a small sample. The media would have you believe that DJ is out on his own but it's not true. Finau is probably the standout in the last couple of year.

Last edited by Guest; 11-05-18, 18:49.

Comment

All the talk of white wine yesterday resulted in me pulling a bottle of Riesling from the bottom of the wine fridge. Can't have been bad if it's empty already. I'm kind of shit at keeping a good wine stash. I have a nice fridge that I keep at 13C that could fit about 50 bottles but I've never been able to keep it about 20 because I keep drinking the ones I buy.

Comment

Class finish in the Challenge Cup, €35 well spent.

Comment

Anyone been.watching Millionaire on tv3 this week? Some poor fucker on 16k, sets his "safety net" at 32k so has to get the question right to get there. Uses his last lifeline and phones a friend. Goes with the answer and he's clearly pained trying to get to.32k, Clarkson says I don't even need to look at the screen, you are correct, but a different answer flashes green and he loses 15k. He can't believe it, looks genuinely shocked and not sure if it's a piss take and Clarkson looks like a prick.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X