Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    Just a reminder that this is on today.
    At least 20 minutes short, they set up the story and didn't tell it, last 10-15 minutes was good!

Comment

In market for cheap phone, not mad on Chinese ones due to bloatware/Malware etc (unless fixed)

Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

blah, blah, blah, Trump being an idiot again. What he doesn't seem to realise is comparing revenue traded is very different to comparing profitability on trading. Eg China sells extremely low profit goods to US (steel etc), while US mainly sells high profit goods to China.

You could have China selling a trillion worth of goods to US, making €50bn profits, while US selling €300bn worth of goods making €100bn (iphones for example with their massive profit margin).

The revenue traded matters, as it translates to employment, but ultimately trading stuff more profitably is the much bigger win in this situation.
        Putin's gang pulling the strings and as long as there is confidence behind the con it will go on.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          In market for cheap phone, not mad on Chinese ones due to bloatware/Malware etc (unless fixed)

Any recommendations?
          Depends how cheap you want. Moto G5 or G5 plus are good value.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Depends how cheap you want. Moto G5 or G5 plus are good value.
              Had all kinds of problems with MotoG4 (ghost touch for a start), the 5 ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                Had all kinds of problems with MotoG4 (ghost touch for a start), the 5 ok?
                Have the 5 since last year, wouldnt have a single complaint
                airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I had to order a new one the other day. I have the S6 edge and it wouldn't charge properly anymore.
                    I was waiting for the OnePlus6 but I opted for the Note 8. The reviews seemed to put the S9+ and Note 8 close to par and there was 200e in the price.

Comment

Ryanair really are some cunce. Announce that boarding of plane is about to commence so everyone started to que up. We booked priority so by passed the big que and when we got into the priority que we noticed the plane hadn't even arrived yet. Ryanair then changed the plane departure time to delayed.

It's grim, grey, foggy weather out there. Here's hoping Ibiza is full of sun!

Comment

As work experience boy eoghan104 doesn't seem to be up to much as a shill artist, please be advised the Aintree Tipping Comp is over here.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Friend having a 30th in Carrick-on-Shannon at the weekend, is it still grim central with stags and hens ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Friend having a 30th in Carrick-on-Shannon at the weekend, is it still grim central with stags and hens ?
                            It's like the zombies come out and take over around 7:00!

Nice during day, shithole at night, apparently everyone packs into same 1-2 places, probably get funny looks if go anywhere else (as in places locals go to avoid the parties)

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              Ryanair really are some cunce. Announce that boarding of plane is about to commence so everyone started to que up. We booked priority so by passed the big que and when we got into the priority que we noticed the plane hadn't even arrived yet. Ryanair then changed the plane departure time to delayed.

It's grim, grey, foggy weather out there. Here's hoping Ibiza is full of sun!
                              You are queuing incorrectly .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                You are queuing incorrectly .
                                I loves me a good que I do

Comment

I loves me a good que I do
                                  Ah here. It's queue. Me eyes me eyes.

Comment

Ah here. It's queue. Me eyes me eyes.
                                    But I was in priority so it was a short que

Comment

Hmmm, my wife and I looked at this house back in early 2015 probably and were pretty interested, fairly sure we bid and then dropped out at €430k, sold for €438k in the end. If it gets anything near asking that's a massive increase in 24 months!

Only posting this as I'm so surprised by the asking, doesn't feel like Dublin 18 has increased by 20% in the past two years and it's a bit crazy if so.

Comment

But I was in priority so it was a short que
                                        Why would you pay for priority and then line up?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                          Why would you pay for priority and then line up?
                                          He said they had been called to board!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            He said they had been called to board!
                                            Ryanair call boarding early to do their bag checks along the line key if you hold priority is to not budge until you see people moving.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                              Hmmm, my wife and I looked at this house back in early 2015 probably and were pretty interested, fairly sure we bid and then dropped out at €430k, sold for €438k in the end. If it gets anything near asking that's a massive increase in 24 months!

Only posting this as I'm so surprised by the asking, doesn't feel like Dublin 18 has increased by 20% in the past two years and it's a bit crazy if so.
                                              Seems like Dublin is (finally) slowing down in terms of price increase as the lending restrictions are now putting houses beyond the reach of Joe Public.

Which is good I suppose, policy goals (prudent lending\borrowing) actually being realised.

Comment

Ryanair call boarding early to do their bag checks along the line key if you hold priority is to not budge until you see people moving.
                                                Key to any seat is to not budge until the queue is practically gone, doesn't matter how fast you get to your already allocated seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                  Key to any seat is to not budge until the queue is practically gone, doesn't matter how fast you get to your already allocated seat.
                                                  That's the case with most airlines but you'd have to be mad to queue with Ryanair now that you know they're going to take your cabin bag away from you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Seems like Dublin is (finally) slowing down in terms of price increase as the lending restrictions are now putting houses beyond the reach of Joe Public.

Which is good I suppose, policy goals (prudent lending\borrowing) actually being realised.
                                                    In Dublin city, the average price of the family homes had hit €440,000 after increasing nearly 9% in the past 12 months.

Investec predicted house prices would grow another 8% this year, although the risks to that forecast were “to the upside”. The situation would be similar in the rental market, although rent caps in urban centres should slow the trend.

A recent Economist cost-of-living survey found that Dublin was now significantly pricier than London, while employers have complained that rising housing costs were making it increasingly difficult to attract and retain staff.

That's fucking ridiculous in fairness
                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-04-18, 11:58.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Were looking pretty seriously at apartments in Kilmainham Square, due to my wifes work situation and some upside in college accommodation in a few years.

Anyone any comments about the area that a country hick like myself cant google.

From what i've seen it looks a half decent area thats on the upgrade. Close to town luas etc. Apartments looks nice and modern and they are right beside a park etc. I can see some possible ropy areas close by but ya get what ya pay for etc.

The price seems ok ish

Also if anyone has any other areas that arn't silly prices. My wife will be working on the naas road (near mcdonalds) , and my daughter works in st. Vincents and will be staying as well for a few years. Budget is flexible at up to 375
                                                      sigpic
                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Anyone seen Tyrant? Watching it and seems like enjoyable silly fun. Loving Ashraf Barhorn hamming it up as the mad dictator.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

3 years no? 7%p.a. doesn't seem mad on the face of it given how much the economy has picked up in the last 3 years.

535k for 100sqm outside the M50 on the other hand seems pretty mad. Even with a luas stop...
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            3 years no? 7%p.a. doesn't seem mad on the face of it given how much the economy has picked up in the last 3 years.

535k for 100sqm outside the M50 on the other hand seems pretty mad. Even with a luas stop...
                                                            you're discounting the value of ionapaul as a neighbour?

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

Anyone any comments about the area that a country hick like myself cant google.
                                                              Nothing specific to add but have a few friends who live around there and like it a lot

Ed

Comment

Did you see Room to Improve sunday night ? Not sure of the area, i assume is leafy, but ending up with a >1.1MM semi-d, think they paid 750ish...cra cra.

Noone is paying that money if it comes on the market.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  The whole idea of priority is to get on the plane first.

Comment

The whole idea of priority is to get on the plane first.
                                                                    This is where they have it arseways. It's priority getting off that's worth paying for (and by extension the "exit" seats)!
                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Presume you don't mean government policy here as government policy has been consistently aimed at neutering and circumventing the central bank rules.

Comment

Oh yeah, wow it is 3 years not 2. That's mad!!!!!

The Luas being there is an amenity that is hard to look past though (and not just saying that as I live across the road ), like from that very house the Luas stop is a three minute walk and from The Gallops to St. Stephen's Green stop is 22 minutes. Much easier to get into/out of town from that area than loads inside the M50, Rathfarmham, Walkinstown, swathes of the Northside, etc...

Comment

Looking at my apt online, it was bought for 110k 4 years ago, wonder what it's worth now. Over 40k in rent since then minus taxes. The guy bought a half dozen apartments n the block, had to buy them all together I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                            This is where they have it arseways. It's priority getting off that's worth paying for (and by extension the "exit" seats)!
                                                                            Ha
                                                                            I’m often so stressed out from flying anyway that I usually wait until the maintenance men prise me from my seat with the scrapers. I hate flying, books about how safe flying is, dreams about crashing, having my legs stifled by tiny seats, the emergency drill, the lack of parachutes (I know I’ll die in the sea anyway) The announcement for the priority boarding plebs to get on the plane, the announcement for the rest of us plebs to get on the plane, getting on the plane, the nervous glimpse at the cockpit and the child flying the plane, putting my luggage in the overhead compartment, climbing over people , people climbing over me. Chitter chatter from the brave bastards who don’t mind flying at all despite it’s perilous threat. The fk off take off, the fk off approach and the fk you landing. I actually think if I was on a plane about to crash I’d be the only person on board able to cope. I already experience the above unbeknownst to my fellow travellers, they think I’m nervously laughing to be polite. So how much worse can a real emergency be? Apart from death that is. G’wan debate the priority boarding argument all ye want but spare a thought for the people who think we’ll all be lucky to make it out alive anyway. FK Airplanes. Portugal in a few weeks yippee

Comment

Where do you go in Portugal with the small yokes Solks? Have to book something for May. Presume cots & airport transfers arent too much hassle?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Where do you go in Portugal with the small yokes Solks? Have to book something for May. Presume cots & airport transfers arent too much hassle?
                                                                                Mrs booked it Albufeira. On plane off plane into cab. . Booked an apt. Cots provided. In laws tagging along. Hmmm FML.

Comment

I'm going here in 10 days times

Any toddler flight tips?
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Drug em.

Decided that we aint doing more than 2ish hours on a plane with the young lad. He's a bit hyper at the best of times.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      GPS their nappy. You'll soon track them down . Can't get far.

Comment

Drug em.

Decided that we aint doing more than 2ish hours on a plane with the young lad. He's a bit hyper at the best of times.
                                                                                        yeah thinking calpol might be the way to go.
                                                                                        Years of travelling as a free and childless couple have left us dreading being "those" people with the screaming kid all flight long.
                                                                                        We have
                                                                                        Travel dvd
                                                                                        games
                                                                                        activities
                                                                                        I think the missus picked up something like this
                                                                                        Surprise busy bag entertainment activity packs for off school & at home screen-free time or for travel, full of arts & crafts supplies, children's craft kits, collectibles, educational workbooks, school workbooks learning resources for children, games for kids, toys, puzzles & healthy vegan-friendly snacks.

Comment

Police have released an e-fit of a man they are looking for in connection with a distraction burglary in Stratford-upon-Avon.

EFit (Opens in a new window)
                                                                                          At between 2.00pm and 2.36pm on 5 February 2018, two men claiming to be from Orbit Housing tricked their way into a flat in Hertford Place. One of the men distracted the occupant - a woman in her 40s - while the other man searched the property.

When the victim realised what they were doing she ordered them to leave. The men left with a quantity of cash.

SPOILER

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Never use tesco club stuff, but they gave me 100quid in vouchers for having my gas bill connected to them the last while, where's the business logic in that?

Comment

I'm going to Cancun on Saturday and the route is Malta 》 Paris 》 Mexico

What's the chances of this strike happening does anyone know?

Comment

Never use tesco club stuff, but they gave me 100quid in vouchers for having my gas bill connected to them the last while, where's the business logic in that?
                                                                                                  Advertising on IPB, word of mouth.?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...air-france.htm

I'm going to Cancun on Saturday and the route is Malta 》 Paris 》 Mexico

What's the chances of this strike happening does anyone know?
                                                                                                    more than likely will be identical to today so 75% service, with 70% long haul

Comment

You can then use those vouchers to pay your gas bill for twice the amount, like 200.

Comment

Really good (and long) article on the 1983 Eighth Amendment campaign.
                                                                                                        Some great photos as well.

Comment

Leinster-Scarlets on Sat 21st @3.30pm

Racing-Munster on Sun 22nd @3.15pm (guess that is French time).

Don't know when tix go on sale to general public but guessing later this week.

Comment

Paddy power doing a Madrid Bayern Double 7/2

Max 20

Comment

@Danny, hope you sprung for the DJI refresh.

Crashed my Spark into a tree earlier, landed on tarmac and broke the gimbol and snapped a leg. Dont drink and fly...

Only dropped around 8feet and missed the lawn by 6 inches.

Looking at 49 bucks to get it replaced.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

A rare example of CR6 doing it in a big game.

Reasonably decent goal I will admit.

Comment

Nice touch from the Juve fans applauding that. Sheer brilliance.

Comment

And you can exchange those at a 4:1 ratio for ferry travel on irish ferries or stena. Our travel for this year's summer holiday is completely covered by it.

You can also exchange them 2:1 for bord gais and many other services.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Active shooter at YouTube hq.

Comment

Paddy power doing a Madrid Bayern Double 7/2

Max 20
                                                                                                                        Ship. Monies onto the masters

Comment

I'm with bord gas and got 25 quid in vouchers, lob them off esb bill. They double. Its brilliant!

Bit of a pain setting up at first but deffo well worth it.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X