Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
    Took that guy from Newcastle out fishing. He hadn't a clue but 'landed' 3 trout. Found out he is some computer boss, drives a 335? BMW and married with young kid. He asked how much petrol I use in day and explained it depended on wave/throttle etc but likely today about £7. Good value he agreed (didn't factor in I let him have use of 2 rods and reels as well as £500 worth of lures etc to choose from) Anyhow he gave me Fuck all and somehow I invited him to my house on Friday evening where I am cooking him steak and his wife salmon. Beginning to think next time I bring someone out fishing I should hand them a tub of vaseline at start and explain it's for ass fucking me.
    I only invite people i like to dinner....cuz i can't cook for shit...and I can't afford steak...I'd invite you though you are a really nice chap...there ain't no steak though...just nice company

Well i hope I am nice company...we might need sat too ...for excitement! ( I am really borrrinng!)

Comment

alreet
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

U2 performing "Ordinary Love" acoustic on 'The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon'. Download U2's "Invisible" http://smarturl.it/U2Invisible. All proceeds ...
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Took that guy from Newcastle out fishing. He hadn't a clue but 'landed' 3 trout. Found out he is some computer boss, drives a 335? BMW and married with young kid. He asked how much petrol I use in day and explained it depended on wave/throttle etc but likely today about £7. Good value he agreed (didn't factor in I let him have use of 2 rods and reels as well as £500 worth of lures etc to choose from) Anyhow he gave me Fuck all and somehow I invited him to my house on Friday evening where I am cooking him steak and his wife salmon. Beginning to think next time I bring someone out fishing I should hand them a tub of vaseline at start and explain it's for ass fucking me.
          What are the circumstances here in you taking all these people you don't really know out fishing/over for dinner?

I would have thought that if I was in a position to do something like that for a friend there wouldn't be anything exchanged, and when it's for a stranger it would clearly be a commercial arrangement i.e. You get paid. I don't really see where this middle ground/misunderstanding arises, but it clearly does if it's happening so frequently

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-04-17, 05:33.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              It's 10 days for passport express, current live stats are on their website: https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/ so your postmaster/mistress is fos and is probably remembering one case where the person fcked up their application. They're really efficient these days. One of the few gov departments that took the crisis to heart and improved how they do things.

Edit: Also Brit applications have been put in a separate process, so aren't really affecting the Irish applications.
              Yep I was thinking he was exaggerating, but I wouldn't believe those figures on the site, I got a passport done a couple of years ago and it was weeks not days before it came back. Anyway we have a live example and let's see how it gets on.

Comment

Well done Andy on the standup debut.** Takes bottle and* confidence.****
                One of my fav stand up lines is from Mr Brent himself (probably stolen though) .***
                They laughed at me in school when I said I was going to be a stand-up comedian. *They’re not laughing now.
                * excuse the fecking stars ..

Comment

The Drunkenone – I hope you make them throw the fish back if they haven’t paid for them. ****Also sing some ballads as you head out to the water and after each song* hold out your hand for some monies?** When they catch a fish,* hold out your hand for some monies. *****When they step off the boat, hold out your hand for some monies.** *Rename your boat – ‘The open hand’* and show them how it got its name. ***Now this advice is not free.** Send me some monies please.

Comment

Everyone on the floor young and old ...

9 year old Aaron sings a rounddance song at alexis first nation

he's cool!

Comment

Beginning to think next time I bring someone out fishing I should hand them a tub of vaseline at start and explain it's for ass fucking me.
                      I assume you are coming across these people through the club?

IMO the best thing to do is set up a page, maybe on facebook. I'm thinking of something like this woman down in Clare who does walking tours on the Burren

Marie's Burren Experience Guided Walks, Corofin, Clare, Ireland. 1,677 likes · 4 talking about this · 18 were here. Burren Experience Guided Walks....... Experience the magic & wonders of the Burren....

Its all about how you present yourself.

I was talking to a lad in the town the other day about an old photo he had taken decades ago in his role as photographer for a local club. He offered to get me a couple of copies printed. I was walking away before it occurred to me to give him cash to cover the cost of getting them done and then there was an awkward moment while we tried to figure out whether I was giving him too much or too little.
                      The thing is if he had a sign somewhere saying 'Photographer' it wouldn't even have been a question there would have been a price also if there wasn't going to be an actual out of pocket expense for him in getting the prints made it might have been difficult to be able to give him money for it at all.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                            Hello my beautiful darlings.

Would the earth survive if the sun exploded? And eh would you be able to move your stuff in time?

You get a heads up ..cuz I actually just like yis..

Also if I don't make it....remember me...
                            If the sun exploded, the earth would be grand
                            SPOILER
                            for about 5 minutes.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              If the sun exploded, the earth would be grand
                              SPOILER
                              for about 5 minutes.
                              Have faith ...i think Captain Kirk could save us!

He is a rocket man

My gift to all Shatner Fans who have had to sit through the abysmal versions of this song replete with buzzing and hissing. It was a bit more difficult than...

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                Just a heads up and as an aside to the whole UK shenanigans, we had to get our son's passport renewed, brought all the signed docs to the post office for the "fast track" process and was told by postmaster that it's taken up to 3 months for return of passport �� Apparently there's an influx of Brits waving the granny rule looking for dual citizenship and the passport office is out the door.
                                We dropped our forms into the embassy in Malta, 15 days later got a call to say the passports were in the embassy for collection.

Moving abroad seems the obvious answer
                                Last edited by Iago; 19-04-17, 09:50.
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I never drop acid ..because all the acid in the world has been taken ..in this one video

A psychedelic tribute clip in honor of Mr. William Shatner's version of Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds.
                                  Last edited by Guest; 19-04-17, 09:54.

Comment

Yeah, good luck!

I can't see why they'd have wrong figures on their website as they're just setting themselves up for hassle. Plus whoever put the wrong numbers up there would be in for a whole world of pain if it was found out.
                                    To inform the public they're working effectively and effectively......there's no public redress, it's not eBay you can't get on and write a review with stats displayed.

Anyhow from the link you posted, the dept. times for passport express through anpost is 17 days not 10 (10 days online is €86) and they've got a disclaimer stating to allow 6 weeks for processing renewals and 6 weeks for first time applications but "also first time applications will take longer to process."

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                      We dropped our forms into the embassy in Malta, 15 days later got a call to say the passports were in the embassy for collection.

Moving abroad seems the obvious answer
                                      Yeah but it's probably a 2 day donkey ride to embassy out of curiosity how much did that cost, is it the same as at home?

Comment

We have a non urgent passport express application with everything in order in process that has not been returned and it will be either four or five weeks tomorrow.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                          Yeah but it's probably a 2 day donkey ride to embassy out of curiosity how much did that cost, is it the same as at home?
                                          Lol, about a 35 minute walk or a 25 minute donkey ride

Same price as home I think €80 for a 10-year passport
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

My US passport was expired for over 10 years and I had lost the expired passport.

Received in 10 days after application.

Comment

Mine expires in July, I should probably get cracking on a renewal then, especially given my parents live in Spain.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                My US passport was expired for over 10 years and I had lost the expired passport.

Well if America's so great why don't you move there then?
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So that's the end of the Aaron Hernandez story, incredibly depressing really. Great article even if a little dated now :

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...-in-the-huddle
                                                  Last edited by mcnugget; 19-04-17, 13:11.

Comment

lions:No CJ stander or launchbury would be the biggest notables, hartley also i guess

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      lions:No CJ stander or launchbury would be the biggest notables, hartley also i guess

CJ is there.
                                                      Whats your opinion on the team??

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Stander is going. Hartley was never going and would have been a total shock but lauchbury who was in serious form during the 6 nations is a surprise. Might have missed him picking up an injury after?

Stander instead of Heaslip is a big call, stander will decimate weaker opposition but I think is a little easy to nullify against bigger teams.

Jamie Roberts not getting the nod is a surprise since he is a heavy running welshman, good news for Henshaw in that case tho.

I am surprised to see O'Brien get picked, I thought he has been somewhat patchy and seriously injury prone. I would have preferred him to have the summer off tbh as I dont think the extra games will be great from an Irish perspective.

Would have liked Zebo to have gone, I contentiously thought he was our best back during the 6 nations and has improved massively as a winger (not full back) recently. Positions well in defense, tackles hard and still has the attacking talents that got him to this level.

Scotland were a little unlucky not to get Visser or one of the grays on the plane also I would say.

Comment

When arranging trips for "friends" I would throw in something like "Obviously I am not out to make money on fishing trips because I enjoy taking friends out but I just ask people for a contribution towards fuel, maintenance, insurance, mooring costs, fishing supplies and that sort of thing".

Fishing trips here cost our fishing club 800 euro and 10 people can go so 80 per head. That's obviously a pure business arrangement on a big boat but I think something like 30 euro would be fair for your trips.

It might feel a little uncomfortable asking at first but when you think about it, it actually makes things more comfortable for the person accepting the offer of going out with you. If someone has a problem then they are not worth it mate.

When people come to visit me (family & friends) in Spain I use a variation of that line before they book a flight and I have had no problems. Most people can figure out a fair reflection of costs (airport pick up/drop off, groceries, A/C use, water etc) and make a fair contribution without actually discussing a figure. A bonus is most people will also buy an extra couple of rounds and offer to pay for a nice meal, which is what your guy should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

Do you not have to pay US taxes on your Irish income as a US citizen?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                              Well done Andy on the standup debut.** Takes bottle and* confidence.****
                                                              One of my fav stand up lines is from Mr Brent himself (probably stolen though) .***
                                                              They laughed at me in school when I said I was going to be a stand-up comedian. *They’re not laughing now.
                                                              * excuse the fecking stars ..

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                What are the circumstances here in you taking all these people you don't really know out fishing/over for dinner?

I would have thought that if I was in a position to do something like that for a friend there wouldn't be anything exchanged, and when it's for a stranger it would clearly be a commercial arrangement i.e. You get paid. I don't really see where this middle ground/misunderstanding arises, but it clearly does if it's happening so frequently
                                                                Eg. One guy was son of decorater, other was friend of Tennant of house beside fishery. Basically it comes up in conversation and I offer an opportunity to fish Lough Erne and a chance to do something different. I make the offer and although I don't ask for anything I know I would slip a fiver or tenner if it was me. I enjoy going out and got on well with the people hence the let's have a drink Friday, I'll cook up a meal 1st, what's your wife's and your favourite food. Maybe it's just me but just find it strange that they don't even offer some gift of gratitude. I still will offer to take people out as I love Lough Erne and love showing her off. Maybe I should say at outset a price and hand out contact number, hmmm, opportunity

Comment

Take no-one out for at least 2 months (except IPB'rs of course)
                                                                  When asked why, say:

A) Can't afford it, can't afford petrol, can't afford risk of damaged gear
                                                                  B) Can't be arsed anymore being nice to total strangers
                                                                  C) Wife called you a pussy and you're starting to agree with her

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                    CJ is there.
                                                                    Whats your opinion on the team??

oops. missed him on the list

wouldn't be overly worried if i was from NZ tbh. Would have been nice to see a few more scots, but the standout scots were in the forwards where Gatland was spoilt for choice unfortunately. Russell might still make it once Sexton is injured

Lawes ahead of Launchbury is a strange one also tbh

Comment

I'm putting the over/unders at 35 mins for sexton to be injured
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Eg. One guy was son of decorater, other was friend of Tennant of house beside fishery. Basically it comes up in conversation and I offer an opportunity to fish Lough Erne and a chance to do something different. I make the offer and although I don't ask for anything I know I would slip a fiver or tenner if it was me. I enjoy going out and got on well with the people hence the let's have a drink Friday, I'll cook up a meal 1st, what's your wife's and your favourite food. Maybe it's just me but just find it strange that they don't even offer some gift of gratitude. I still will offer to take people out as I love Lough Erne and love showing her off. Maybe I should say at outset a price and hand out contact number, hmmm, opportunity
                                                                          Tbf, if your making the offer to bring people fishing, you can't really complain when they accept.
                                                                          Ditto if you offer to cook them dinner.
                                                                          Could maybe say when it's first mentioned that it's £10 or £20 to cover fuel/lures/wear&tear.

I'd occasional cook dinner for friends. They'd usually bring a bottle of wine or something. But wouldn't care either, as they'll cook for us next time etc.
                                                                          But wouldn't be randomly feeding strangers you'll maybe never see again tbh.

Comment

Good call inviting the wife, she will bring something along with her.

Comment

I'd find it insulting to offer/be offered a fiver or tenner in that situation tbh.

Comment

I think 99+% of people would be perfectly ok with being told '20 quid to cover the costs of fuel & bait' beforehand.

Comment

Token Arcade Bar opening in Smithfield soon looks rather cool.
                                                                                  Looks far too cool for the likes of me, you have a fashionable beard but hipsters have decided a few years ago that beards were out so you too cannot enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                    Take no-one out for at least 2 months (except IPB'rs of course)
                                                                                    When asked why, say:

A) Can't afford it, can't afford petrol, can't afford risk of damaged gear
                                                                                    B) Can't be arsed anymore being nice to total strangers
                                                                                    C) Wife called you a pussy and you're starting to agree with her
                                                                                    C) getting away from da missus probably the real reason he is grabbing passing tourists and bundling them aboard. Still though pay up ya tight bastards .

Comment

I'm not sure it would cross my mind to cover petrol if I was invited on a fishing trip tbh. Doubt these people are tight, moreso just blissfully unaware. Their company should be payment enough, and if not don't invite them in the first place.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        I'm not sure it would cross my mind to cover petrol if I was invited on a fishing trip tbh. Doubt these people are tight, moreso just blissfully unaware. Their company should be payment enough, and if not don't invite them in the first place.
                                                                                        I would probably not offer to give a tenner or twenty quid unless prompted tbh. I would grab a bottle of whiskey as a thank you however or bring lunch for the 2 of us.

To not give anything does seem pretty scabby but I wouldn't expect cash unless I asked for it in advance.

Comment

Token Arcade Bar opening in Smithfield soon looks rather cool.
                                                                                          I get a 'this will be an example of why we cannot have nice things' vibe about that place
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                            hipsters have decided a few years ago that beards were out so you too cannot enter.
                                                                                            Time to grow a beard...
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Time to grow a beard...
                                                                                              Be careful hipsters are fickle fuckers so beards could be on the way back in

Comment

...

Comment

Why would you want to go to a bar where everyone is playing Space Invaders?

Think I'd rather go to mass.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Oh and Fargo is back tomorrow - booya!
                                                                                                    Better call Saul got very interesting last night.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      I'd bate you up and down the riverbank if you didn't offer.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pitty the Mike Ehrmantraut character didnt get his own spin off show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Why would you want to go to a bar where everyone is playing Space Invaders?

Think I'd rather go to mass.
                                                                                                          competitive gaming plus beer.
                                                                                                          It's not for everyone I agree.

Comment

...

Comment

Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a monthly data allowance is realistically needed to avoid going over?

I've been with 3 so long on the 'all you can eat' it's difficult to decipher these phone plans.

Comment

Tis early yet.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Oh and Fargo is back tomorrow - booya!
                                                                                                                  Thats fantastic news.

Best show on the go aside from Game Of Thrones?

He pretty much has. Its great watching

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                  Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a monthly data allowance is realistically needed to avoid going over?

I've been with 3 so long on the 'all you can eat' it's difficult to decipher these phone plans.
                                                                                                                  Your phone settings will show your usage. Or they can give it to you over phone. Or most likely if you log into 3 site, as you can do that with meteor
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Mia gone to Lanzarote with mother ,

House to myself > than anywhere in the world . This is just idyllic.

Slobbing about the place in Pjs more or less all day. Walking dead on, big fire lighting and a glass of vino and a few days off work. It really is the simple things
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post

Just checked what I've used in the past month, and it says about 4GB out of a 10GB allowance. Most places have wifi now, even the bus. You shouldn't be worried about going over your monthly allocation.

On the passport turnaround, I did the new online renewal on Monday evening and the tracking link says it will be here on May 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Mia gone to Lanzarote with mother ,

House to myself > than anywhere in the world . This is just idyllic.

Slobbing about the place in Pjs more or less all day. Walking dead on, big fire lighting and a glass of vino and a few days off work. It really is the simple things
                                                                                                                        I'll complement her on her guitar playing if I see her around.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          I'll complement her on her guitar playing if I see her around.
                                                                                                                          lol are you there too?
                                                                                                                          They staying in old town . No Guitar with her , doesnt need it fleeced me before she went
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X