Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Ah man the zuroph stuff is fucking hilarious. He had 13 radio interviews in UK this evening, including BBC5Live.
    It takes Zuroph 10 years to figure out how a dishwasher works and he's labeled a genius and a hero.
    What about the guys who knew all along. Forgotten domestic heros

Comment

We need to ask the cunt back for a well to find out why he's always tried to have a viral tweet. Was always a fan of people pleasing. Magician, thanks whore and retweet seeker. Why? There's no money in it. Finally got what he wanted and yeah that's about it.

Please insert additional generic plane flying zuutroy joke here thanks 5star

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Incredible stuff alleged in the rugby player rape trial up North. If they are found guilty rugby in Ireland is going to have to take a serious look at itself. It makes the noise around the drug cheat employed by Munster fade into oblivion.

If they were GAA or soccer players they would already by crucified via the media as would their sports. Incredible how much influence the rugby powers that be have.
        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I wonder is it more to do with the way the UK police enforce rules around publication of any details pre trial?

One way or the other I expect at the end of the day the meejia will overcompensate for their pre trial reticence
        Similar case in Cork fucked out yesterday after 12 days of trail ( only read case covered in examiner ) I'd say decent chance similar technicality on a point of law pops up here. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...it-825376.html

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
          I know all that bit.

Heaps better than Llorente, Crouch, Barnes, Carroll and every other shit player we've been linked to. I don't get why Arsenal would let him go to Chelsea and do arsenal fans want rid?
          Because if they don't get Aubameyang at this stage there could be rioting at the Emirates. I love Giroud and will be sad to see such a good player leave, especially to bitter rivals. But I'm passed caring that much what they do. I admire Flushdraws commitment, I haven't sat down to watch an arsenal game in months.

Comment

They're talking about Zuroph on the radio here in Oz. Built a whole phone in section around it

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
              Absolutely not, Giroud is horribly under rated imo, any chance ye might take Welbeck?? [emoji16]
              Watched a game a few weeks back with some arsenal fans. Arsenal were either drawing or losing and I said it's primed for a late Giroud goal. They all said no, dont like him, no good blah blah blah. On he comes, bang, goal. I'd say I looked quite smug at that moment. He's a player I really admire and also think is hugely under rated. Has bailed arsenal out of a few holes

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                We need to ask the cunt back for a well to find out why he's always tried to have a viral tweet. Was always a fan of people pleasing. Magician, thanks whore and retweet seeker. Why? There's no money in it. Finally got what he wanted and yeah that's about it.

Please insert additional generic plane flying zuutroy joke here thanks 5star
                Iirc, he's always been a media/competition whore. He got his dream engagement paid for and filmed a few years back, and won a good few others.

Comment

Someone needs to get one of his radio interviewers to ask him about his plane.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                    Similar case in Cork fucked out yesterday after 12 days of trail ( only read case covered in examiner ) I'd say decent chance similar technicality on a point of law pops up here. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...it-825376.html
                    What is the situation with Jackson\Olding's professional contracts, anyone know?

Are they on some kind of enforced leave of abscence? Have they been sacked?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      What is the situation with Jackson\Olding's professional contracts, anyone know?

Not sacked anyhow AFAIK, enforced leave. I assume they aren't even able to train with the rest of the Ulster team at present.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

suspended afaik - I dont think they will ever play for either again not matter the verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Im constantly surprised by the correlations between powerful business types in Dublin and Rugby involvement.

The old school tie club is much bigger than I had thought
                          I'm not from that background as you know (but I am a big rugby fan) and it does amaze me as I make my way in Dublin financial circles. It's a serious leg up for the "boys".

I was at the Ireland v Oz game back in 2016 with an accountant and a financial adviser on a corporate freebie (I rarely do this unless it's a networking opportunity as I prefer to go on my my own shilling). The lads barely knew the current rules despite attending rugby schools and didn't really give a fuck what was happening on the pitch but it was important to be able to say they were "at the game" at the weekend and have the few drinks afterwards. No wonder Leinster are looking to build corporate boxes at the RDS pronto - they are leaving a lot of money behind by not doing so...

I wonder is it more to do with the way the UK police enforce rules around publication of any details pre trial?

One way or the other I expect at the end of the day the meejia will overcompensate for their pre trial reticence
                          Yes they will. If the IRFU thought hiring a drugs cheat was bad....

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                          The media allowing the court to do its job without biasing the potential juror pool is not something to be upset about.
                          I'm not upset about it (you seem to have the whole world bar yourself and the Trumpster in the snowflake category ), and you are right to say it's appropriate to practice restraint, but I'm simply contrasting it versus other examples from other sports in the UK and Ireland and how they were treated.

As Strewel says the opprobrium from on high if they are found guilty will be severe, and tbh even if they are not found guilty they are going to be shunned. This is despite whatever spin they put on what happened in light of the messages that they sent each other etc as Lloyd rightly points out.

If rugby paints itself as having a high moral standing then "spit-roasting" a 19 year old and boasting about it is not exactly living those values. Even if it was allegedly consensual. The contrast of where PJ's career has gone and is going versus Johnny Sexton at the same age is mind boggling...
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

If rugby paints itself as having a high moral standing then "spit-roasting" a 19 year old and boasting about it is not exactly living those values. Even if it was allegedly consensual. The contrast of where PJ's career has gone and is going versus Johnny Sexton at the same age is mind boggling...
                            Probably more a case that the Sextons of this world are just better protected by authorities than anything else. Some of the stories you'd hear involving rugby players especially from schools and dorms are quite brutal. Hopefully if this woman is successful in her trial it will give other girls confidence to come forward knowing these privileged twats aren't untouchable.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Zebo and Murray appear unscathedby the publicity their exploits got a while ago, obv that was consenting adults but weren't there videos and general braggadocio going on?
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not from that background as you know (but I am a big rugby fan) and it does amaze me as I make my way in Dublin financial circles. It's a serious leg up for the "boys".
                                I'm from that background and it amazes me too. It's a pretty considered strategy from the school's point of view and works pretty well. It's does lean pretty heavily towards the rugby side of things but going to the right school can be a giant leg up in certain industries

Comment

Murray and Zebo as Strewl said had a similar group thing with a groupie girl. Rugby players do get away with s lot but the media get good access to players coaches and trainings etc. Some gaa coaches and Martin o Neill show hostility towards the media. There is a certain amount of hazing in rugby schools culture depending where you go. I remember as an under 14 player on a trip with the senior team certain senior members trying to get young lads down the back and rip the jocks off them. Willie Ruane was a senior player and current ceo an absolute gent put a stop to it then spent 10 mins with my friend also a scrum half helping with his pass. Who could employ the lads after that even if they are found innocent. You see it if someone half famous is in a pub night club women stick to them like shyte to a blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    Thats crazy, Judge made a mistake IMO, I'm sure our bewigged buddies would make the case that the cops fckd up but if the case can't be put to a jury because of something like that its just wrong.
                                    Jury have much more difficult shit to consider there that adding in whether the absence of a test is relevant or would offer him a defence would be the easy part.
                                    Sounds like it was always going to be extremely difficult to get a safe conviction in that case.

Comment

I was at the Ireland v Oz game back in 2016 with an accountant and a financial adviser on a corporate freebie (I rarely do this unless it's a networking opportunity as I prefer to go on my my own shilling). The lads barely knew the current rules despite attending rugby schools and didn't really give a fuck what was happening on the pitch but it was important to be able to say they were "at the game" at the weekend and have the few drinks afterwards. No wonder Leinster are looking to build corporate boxes at the RDS pronto - they are leaving a lot of money behind by not doing so...

Yes they will. If the IRFU thought hiring a drugs cheat was bad....

I'm not upset about it (you seem to have the whole world bar yourself and the Trumpster in the snowflake category ), and you are right to say it's appropriate to practice restraint, but I'm simply contrasting it versus other examples from other sports in the UK and Ireland and how they were treated.

As Strewel says the opprobrium from on high if they are found guilty will be severe, and tbh even if they are not found guilty they are going to be shunned. This is despite whatever spin they put on what happened in light of the messages that they sent each other etc as Lloyd rightly points out.

Nobody getting corporates for the All Ireland who aren't die hard fans I suppose.

Nobody bringing people to do business and nobody has ever chosen a supplier based on a social connection found through the GAA.

Jackson and Olding had their careers instantly taken away for the allegation. Thats a pretty high moral stand by the IRFU imo and what else could they do.

I also dont think that rugby tries to paint itself as having a higher moral standing that the GAA - the game thats the heart of Irish community with amateurs playing for the love of the game and no reward etc etc.

In terms of as a sporting association making a stand it wasnt the clean sweeping away as boys will be boys of getting a blowie in front of your team mates in the club house from an easten european brasser so lets not get too high horsie. Obv rape is a lot more serious and thus the police investigating.

The 2 guys were all over the press when the accusations came out but in the lull before the trial where no new evidence came out it was quieter. Win or loose they will be pasted after the trial and their careers are essentially over in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                        I'm from that background and it amazes me too. It's a pretty considered strategy from the school's point of view and works pretty well. It's does lean pretty heavily towards the rugby side of things but going to the right school can be a giant leg up in certain industries
                                        It's very much more about the schools than the Rugby, especially now as more yoiks are allowed in to play.
                                        Rugby is just a common denominator for them but if you won a Towns Cup with Ballinasloe or Tullow you'd still would be as much an outsider as a any kid who went to the Tech in Coolock.

Comment

It's very much more about the schools than the Rugby, especially now as more yoiks are allowed in to play.
                                          Rugby is just a common denominator for them but if you won a Towns Cup with Ballinasloe or Tullow you'd still would be as much an outsider as a any kid who went to the Tech in Coolock.
                                          Worded that wrong, meant that the rugby players within the schools tend to be more indoctrinated into the old boys idea than non-rugby playing students but yes, the school itself is the more important factor

Comment

They'll probably blame it on roid rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              They'll probably blame it on roid rage.
                                              Or head trauma

Comment

Rugby really is the nut worst sport to have to listen about on radio ,so fucking dull,tactical discussions are dull ,listening to ex players pull their punches on their mates still playing-dull,listening to grown men still sucking up to drico-dull.

I barely watch soccer but at least there is usually some good narratives,drama and characters to talk about.

Comment

They were saying on the radio yest they reckoned a good few involved in the donnybrook at donnybrook were ex pupils-Sad!

Comment

I wouldn't be as sure about their careers being over regardless of the court ruling. If found innocent of everything I'd be surprised if Ulster let them go. They'll definitely have a career in UK or France.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                      I wouldn't be as sure about their careers being over regardless of the court ruling. If found innocent of everything I'd be surprised if Ulster let them go. They'll definitely have a career in UK or France.
                                                      True ,if found innocent they will do a protein bar sponsored interview accompanied by a moodily lit shot of them looking contemplative “my year of hell” and that will be that

Comment

I was originally of the opinion that it was probably just a young girl that regretted her slutty actions but now looking at the latest articles I am not so sure. Best case scenario the lads are just creepy sleazy cunts but I think there might be more to it than that.

Why talk about spit roasting in the Whatsapp if you are saying there was just Oral Sex?

Why talk about stuff like this on Whatsapp at all? Are people stupid?! How many leaked whatsapp groups have we seen?

Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Comment

WhatsApp groups in general are poison.always opt out as quick as I’m added,the forced banter and lad bible tier memes is fkn cringe.
                                                          These dopes took it to another level though
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 31-01-18, 11:44.

Comment

Guessing Aubameyang didn't watch the Arsenal game last night before he put pen to paper a while ago. The best part about this deal, is that now Iwobi can fuck right off again!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                              I was originally of the opinion that it was probably just a young girl that regretted her slutty actions but now looking at the latest articles I am not so sure.
                                                              It's a pity and a problem that this is the default opinion of so many men when these things come up, without any detail to support.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Guessing Aubameyang didn't watch the Arsenal game last night before he put pen to paper a while ago. The best part about this deal, is that now Iwobi can fuck right off again!
                                                                Ozil's signed too.

A new CB and we're laughing all the way to the Europa

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                  Ozil's signed too.

A new CB and we're laughing all the way to the Europa
                                                                  Yeah just saw Ozil signed a new 3.5 year contract. Should keep him at the club for at least 12 months

Comment

Is that effectively writing off £50m lacazette after half a season?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nope,

writing off a shite Danny Welbeck after 3 seasons

Comment

Nope,

writing off a shite Danny Welbeck after 3 seasons
                                                                        Yeah, we should stick to a 4-2-3-1 now with more than likely Laca through the centre and Aubem playing the Sanchez role.

Bellerin - Koschelny - Mustafi - Monreal
                                                                        Wilshere - Xhaka
                                                                        Ozil - Mihk - Aubemayang
                                                                        Lacazette

If we play 3 at the back, then we can't play all 4 attacking options and it will probably see Lacazette drop to the bench with Aubem up front.

Comment

Why not play 2 up front?

All Aubas goals bar one came from inside the box for Dortmund. Why play him on the wing?

Comment

Anybody have ball park idea how much you would be looking at to get a few fire doors put in a house? Asking for a friend

Comment

Why not play 2 up front?

All Aubas goals bar one came from inside the box for Dortmund. Why play him on the wing?
                                                                              Wenger seems to hate playing 2 up front. The amount of players we had capable of forming a front 2 partnership in recent years and he never did it. I'd quite fancy a front 2 but we're lacking in width now and most of our skillful players are central based now. Wenger will find some way of fucking it up anyway

Comment

Anybody have ball park idea how much you would be looking at to get a few fire doors put in a house? Asking for a friend

Fire doors can cost anything from €80 to €250 each. remember that you also have to pay for iron work as well as the auto- closing system - these can be the ones that are housed inside the door and door frame or the ones you see attached to the top of the door.

I Suspect €1500, but I could be wrong. Waiting for someone in the business to get back to me....

EDIT About 2k - the frames would have to be done too (5 doors)
                                                                                Last edited by newbie2; 31-01-18, 13:27.

Comment

Zebo and Murray appear unscathedby the publicity their exploits got a while ago, obv that was consenting adults but weren't there videos and general braggadocio going on?
                                                                                  General braggery obv a bit grim but yeah that whole thing was consensual, there was never any question of it being forced including the vids etc. According to the reports that I read about this one, its clear this girl is saying she said No, at multiple stages during it. Its an entirely different thing than the media just shamming people for a good story. Im highly skeptical of a lot of these cases and was repulsed by that BS article about the girl who went out with the Masters of Noone dude but this one seems to ring true. Guess the only people who will truely know are the people involved.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    It's a pity and a problem that this is the default opinion of so many men when these things come up, without any detail to support.
                                                                                    Couldn't agree more.

Was your initial thought that they are probably guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                      Couldn't agree more.

Was your initial thought that they are probably guilty?
                                                                                      Wasn't having a go, I've thought that way previously on similar cases.

This time I had no real thought either way as I had no details. From some reading yesterday it would appear to me they are guilty.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Just as much as it is to assume guilt the moment an accusation is made, magnified a million times over in this age of celebrity and outrage culture.

Comment

Whats the catch with this deal, like what is wrong with Aubameyang. Why are Dortmund so willing to let him go for this price, like obv its not cheap per say but considering his record and the current market surely he is worth more.

Also why were none of the really heavy hitters, Madrid, Barca, City, etc etc in for him especially considering the respective ages of Ronaldo, Messi etc. I dunno, is he a party animal or something not sure how Arsenal were able to get him. Dont think the can play anywhere else then really up top, so hard to see him and Lacazette being in the same team.

Comment

Fire doors can cost anything from €80 to €250 each. remember that you also have to pay for iron work as well as the auto- closing system - these can be the ones that are housed inside the door and door frame or the ones you see attached to the top of the door.

I Suspect €1500, but I could be wrong. Waiting for someone in the business to get back to me....

EDIT About 2k - the frames would have to be done too (5 doors)
                                                                                            Thanks very much. That's not totally horrific as a jumping off point anyway. I think five would be the number needed in this case too.

Comment

@Strewelly - you gave me a recommendation for best Bach albums to dip into on Spotify a while back - any chance you recall?

Listening to Joy of Man's Desiring at the moment and enjoying it. Need stuff to drown out the noise at work but anything with words I can understand distracts me too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                Whats the catch with this deal, like what is wrong with Aubameyang. Why are Dortmund so willing to let him go for this price, like obv its not cheap per say but considering his record and the current market surely he is worth more.

Also why were none of the really heavy hitters, Madrid, Barca, City, etc etc in for him especially considering the respective ages of Ronaldo, Messi etc. I dunno, is he a party animal or something not sure how Arsenal were able to get him. Dont think the can play anywhere else then really up top, so hard to see him and Lacazette being in the same team.
                                                                                                Yep, he's temperamental and has disciplinary issues. Would assume that's the main reason!

Comment

Just as much as it is to assume guilt the moment an accusation is made, magnified a million times over in this age of celebrity and outrage culture.
                                                                                                  Absolutely, and a lot of women will default to this opinion in similar cases. Equally a problem
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Can someone PM me a link to watch Gomorra online, have found a few but none with English subtitles

Thanks a mill

Comment

Can someone PM me a link to watch Gomorra online, have found a few but none with English subtitles

Thanks a mill
                                                                                                      If you have android watching capabilities use terranium app. There's an option to play with subtitles that works.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

...FFS, so they have now gotten rid of the grid girls in formula 1 to add to darts...This whole thing is getting out of hand...Like there is nothing wrong or seedy with women walking in bikinis, and now these are losing income...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                          ...FFS, so they have now gotten rid of the grid girls in formula 1 to add to darts...This whole thing is getting out of hand...Like there is nothing wrong or seedy with women walking in bikinis, and now these are losing income...
                                                                                                          I have no particular opinion on whether the role should be kept or not but I'd imagine UFC and Boxing ring girls will be the next to go.

Comment

I genuinely feel sorry for people who can't understand the rationale behind that. Modern life must be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              I genuinely feel sorry for people who can't understand the rationale behind that. Modern life must be tough.
                                                                                                              I suspect people understand the rationale perfectly well. It's a case of whether they agree with the rationale.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                "What one generation finds ridiculous, the next accepts; and the third shudders when it looks back on what the first did."

Comment

@Strewelly - you gave me a recommendation for best Bach albums to dip into on Spotify a while back - any chance you recall?

Listening to Joy of Man's Desiring at the moment and enjoying it. Need stuff to drown out the noise at work but anything with words I can understand distracts me too much.
                                                                                                                  For the likes of the Concertos I'd default to recordings by Bach Collegium Japan

for the Cantatas John Elliot Gardner is the top man

For the Piano pieces Glenn Gould is the daddy, he has two amazing and very different recordings of the Goldberg variations from 30 years apart that are very special.

Cello Suites try Pablo cassals

YO YO Ma has a very different feel

For great music of allsorts to work with I'm just in a loop on these huge and very diverse playlists of material from the ECM catalogue.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-01-18, 15:49.

Comment

Quality new signing announcement!

Comment

For the likes of the Concertos I'd default to recordings by Bach Collegium Japan

for the Cantatas Malcom Sargent is the top man

For the Piano pieces Glenn Gould is the daddy, he has two amazing and very different recordings of the Goldberg variations from 30 years apart that are very special.

Cello Suites try Pablo cassals

YO YO Ma has a very different feel

For great music of allsorts to work with I'm just in a loop on these huge and very diverse playlists of material from the ECM catalogue.

https://open.spotify.com/user/ulysse...5DoUDF15bCYxF2
                                                                                                                      Fantastic, thanks indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                        I suspect people understand the rationale perfectly well. It's a case of whether they agree with the rationale.
                                                                                                                        If someone really understands it and doesn't accept it then they are a reactionary prick IMO

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          They'll pick the petals off the all Roses if let.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X