Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video ref thing definitely turns the game into a bit of a farce and takes all the flow out of it when the ref has to use it a couple of times like that half but once it has a bedding in period and players/referees are used to it I think overall it will be a good thing for the game.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Question for GAB or other media savvy people, who would be getting paid for the footage of the 2005 Leopardstown chase that Ladbrokes are using at the moment?
      Id guess the Robert Hall pension fund. (non media savvy opinion)

Comment

Question for GAB or other media savvy people, who would be getting paid for the footage of the 2005 Leopardstown chase that Ladbrokes are using at the moment?
        No idea but I sincerely hope Roger Loughran is getting something.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          No idea but I sincerely hope Roger Loughran is getting something.
          Indeed, Roger is just about the nicest guy in racing and I'd hope well able not to let it get to him but a few quid would help ease the cringe.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Murder on the orient express any good?

Would I like it?
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Would I like it?
              Watched it the other night, it's grand, wouldn't call it essential viewing but I'm a poirot fan so enjoyed it

Comment

Would I like it?

I liked it.
                Mrs DP wasn't made about it, until we talked about it, then she loved it
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Indeed, Roger is just about the nicest guy in racing and I'd hope well able not to let it get to him but a few quid would help ease the cringe.
                  Obv I know nothing about him and it was a long time ago but I reckon even he would admit it was a monumental fuck up. I was there on the day and it was shock all around.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    I liked it.
                    Mrs DP wasn't made about it, until we talked about it, then she loved it

Comment

Five mins later turned off. Like a, sherlock yolk and I detest sherlock

Now onto the shape of water
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Five mins later turned off. Like a, sherlock yolk and I detest sherlock

Now onto the shape of water
                        10 mins in also turned off ffs, now onto sweet Virginia
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

...Went to see downsizing tonight...Piece of advice to everyone...Do not to see this, ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            The video ref thing definitely turns the game into a bit of a farce and takes all the flow out of it when the ref has to use it a couple of times like that half but once it has a bedding in period and players/referees are used to it I think overall it will be a good thing for the game.

Opr
                            Definitely needs to be a lot faster. 3 minutes it took for the penalty decision. It should have been 30 seconds as it was stone wall penalty. They got all the decisions right at least but needs to be quicker

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Went to see downsizing tonight...Piece of advice to everyone...Do not to see this, ever...
                              What was the story ? What was the message ? Who is this aimed at ?

Farce of a film...fell asleep twice, maybe i missed the message
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Todd Glass: Act Happy: standup on Netflix (new show) is a joy to behold. Absolutely brilliant.
                                  Since your a hockey fan now, you should be watching the All Star Skills Competition.

Quality viewing.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Bit of a Rounder-esque? row with a taxi driver last night. Was out with a mate for a few pints last night. Quietish night planned as early start this morning due to granting herself the lie in so few bars on Camden street done we hadn't seen before and decided to hit the Jackpot for half hour roulette and toastie/tea about midnight before heading off .

Walking out and heading right to head home, those of you familiar with Montague Lane will know there are normally a line of maybe 8 cars parked on the left as you go narrowing the lane so seeing a taxi coming at you, you'd walk tight to the cars, as we were on that side to turn left at the end of the lane, to allow him past but still plenty of room for all..

But our hero taximan decides to forget caution and bombs away at us and cracks his wingmirror off my right wrist much to my bewilderment. A bit annoyed I turn around and notice there are about 4 cars stuck waiting to get onto Harcourt street so he will be stuck so I trundle down towards him thinking I might arrive before he can move off. Sure enough I get there and his passengers have just got out and wandered off so I open his drivers door.......

TD - "Sorry bud, I have a pick up to do elsewhere"

Me - "I don't want a fare, you just hammered my wrist with your wingmirror back there, WTF?"

TD - "Piss off, If i'd hit you properly you wouldn't be standing here..."

Now at this stage an apology is clearly not coming and I'm standing with his door wide open and my back to it and I'm like "so your not going to apologise, I'm calling the guards".

He calls that bluff pretty well with a polite "Fuck off". Realising I'm pretty much drawing dead at this stage and about to tell him to go fuck himself i hit the one outer and reach in, turn the key and pull it out...

Walking briskly back up the lane back towards Wexford Street I quickly realise i've no idea what to do now and as i hit the corner of the first little junction a quarter way back up the lane said taximan has extracted himself from his car and is catching me shouting obsenities to the bemusement of the few randomers walking about us.

I turn around and he's maybe 6 yards away and i hold the keys out and ask him again for my apology.....

Another bout of turning the air blue and with my arm outstretched in that split second i notice what seemed to be a 10 foot high locked railing to my left closing off a ground floor office car park type place. Up and over they go (accidentally of course) and I turn and walk off hoping he will be over after them and not blindsiding me, which he was....

Cuntish thing to do.... probably. Did he deserve it....possibly....

tldr- people can be stubborn assholes and probably two of them in this story.

Comment

So he whacked into your wrist with his car then was a cunt to you rather than see if you were ok?

Fuck him Dice. Hope he's still there searching for his keys.

I fist pumped when I read you threw them over a railing. Well done man.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Our boy Zuroph getting some action from this tweet, holy moly ......

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Definitely needs to be a lot faster. 3 minutes it took for the penalty decision. It should have been 30 seconds as it was stone wall penalty. They got all the decisions right at least but needs to be quicker
                                          They at least to add on the time it takes. 4 mins added in the first half after the 3 VAR incidents, 2 West Brom injuries and a considerable amount of time wasting was taking the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Imagine the attention his plane flying video would get.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                                              They at least to add on the time it takes. 4 mins added in the first half after the 3 VAR incidents, 2 West Brom injuries and a considerable amount of time wasting was taking the piss.
                                              I'd be in favour of a stopped clock when it goes to var.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Bit of a Rounder-esque? row with a taxi driver last night. Was out with a mate for a few pints last night. Quietish night planned as early start this morning due to granting herself the lie in so few bars on Camden street done we hadn't seen before and decided to hit the Jackpot for half hour roulette and toastie/tea about midnight before heading off .

Walking out and heading right to head home, those of you familiar with Montague Lane will know there are normally a line of maybe 8 cars parked on the left as you go narrowing the lane so seeing a taxi coming at you, you'd walk tight to the cars, as we were on that side to turn left at the end of the lane, to allow him past but still plenty of room for all..

But our hero taximan decides to forget caution and bombs away at us and cracks his wingmirror off my right wrist much to my bewilderment. A bit annoyed I turn around and notice there are about 4 cars stuck waiting to get onto Harcourt street so he will be stuck so I trundle down towards him thinking I might arrive before he can move off. Sure enough I get there and his passengers have just got out and wandered off so I open his drivers door.......

Me - "I don't want a fare, you just hammered my wrist with your wingmirror back there, WTF?"

Now at this stage an apology is clearly not coming and I'm standing with his door wide open and my back to it and I'm like "so your not going to apologise, I'm calling the guards".

He calls that bluff pretty well with a polite "Fuck off". Realising I'm pretty much drawing dead at this stage and about to tell him to go fuck himself i hit the one outer and reach in, turn the key and pull it out...

Walking briskly back up the lane back towards Wexford Street I quickly realise i've no idea what to do now and as i hit the corner of the first little junction a quarter way back up the lane said taximan has extracted himself from his car and is catching me shouting obsenities to the bemusement of the few randomers walking about us.

I turn around and he's maybe 6 yards away and i hold the keys out and ask him again for my apology.....

Another bout of turning the air blue and with my arm outstretched in that split second i notice what seemed to be a 10 foot high locked railing to my left closing off a ground floor office car park type place. Up and over they go (accidentally of course) and I turn and walk off hoping he will be over after them and not blindsiding me, which he was....

Saw something similar outside the O2 after the first ufc. People pouring out and some irate car driver honking and yelling for people to get out the way. Someone reaches in, grabs his keys and throws them in the liffey. Your man's face was priceless.

I have the same problem. Just checked there and managed to raise the top tray. Result!

Sorted in 3 and a half years.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I have the same problem. Just checked there and managed to raise the top tray. Result!

Sorted in 3 and a half years.
                                                  Wait until you try wash your wine glasses now.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                                                    IT was considerably more than 4 mins that should have been added on in the first half. The penalty VAR alone was 3 mins.

Comment

Wait until you try wash your wine glasses now.
                                                      Not a problem, we have short stem wine glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

If you weren't 6ft 3 beast, you'd be posting this from the hospital

Comment

Aussie Open final shaping up nice. Cilic just broke Fed again, and now serving at 5-3 to make it 2-2 in sets.

Comment

Pardew brings up a good point, West Brom got two hamstring injuries potentially due to the VAR delays.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              If you weren't 6ft 3 beast, you'd be posting this from the hospital
                                                              Naw most cab drivers can barely lift an arm. Dice well played. Although there are some gangland types moonlighting.

In other news Liverpool has changed but still a rocking place.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                Pardew brings up a good point, West Brom got two hamstring injuries potentially due to the VAR delays.
                                                                If professional players can't keep moving without being told when there's a delay in play then that's their own fault. Even a Sunday league team would have the cop on to get a possession circle going if the game was delayed for an injury or whatever to keep themselves warm and moving.

That's the players fault 100%

Comment

Fed is not human

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                    Fuck um if they can't take a joke.
                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Always nice to see the amateur carpenters, teachers and builders put up a good show against the big money full time professionals.
                                                                      On this subject I came across a really good article by Ewan McKenna in the independent, he is pulling no punches and I'd love to hear Kayroo try to defend himself against McKenna's take on many of the arguments he has made for allowing Dublin to be the only professional team in the country.

Páraic Duffy and the GAA have made Dublin a financially doped outfit and there is no defence for this scandal

Comment

Whats the best drone for value for money with decent quality for sports?

Comment

Looking forward to deadparrots Royal Rumble snack haul picture.
                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            What was the story ? What was the message ? Who is this aimed at ?

Farce of a film...fell asleep twice, maybe i missed the message
                                                                            ...I have no idea at all to any of those questions...It would have been a better film if it was the same story but without the downsizing...Really feel like writing a complaint letter to somebody...

Comment

...Between his post on the aftertiming thread, and now his rounderesque post...Dice has moved up to the number 2 spot in my favourite posters of 2018 todate, quality story!!!...

Comment

...Between his post on the aftertiming thread, and now his rounderesque post...Dice has moved up to the number 2 spot in my favourite posters of 2018 todate, quality story!!!...
                                                                                Who is your number 1 and who did dice replace at number 2?

Comment

Ewan McKenna is the Katie Hopkins of sport Strewel.

Comment

Who is your number 1 and who did dice replace at number 2?
                                                                                    ...Just scaping into my top 5 is Hitch, never know what he will come out with...
                                                                                    ...In 4th place, it is actually yourself, so you've been displaced from the podium...
                                                                                    ...So now 3rd is Lazare, and Dice has moved into the silver spot...
                                                                                    ...But top of the pops, number 1 is obvious, LSB/Rigger/Frank Gibney/ any Tea M8...

Comment

...

Comment

...Just scaping into my top 5 is Hitch, never know what he will come out with...
                                                                                        ...In 4th place, it is actually yourself, so you've been displaced from the podium...
                                                                                        ...But top of the pops, number 1 is obvious, LSB/Rigger/Frank Gibney/ any Tea M8...
                                                                                        Lol. Was not expecting that. Although rigger number one is a gimme I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Ewan McKenna is the Katie Hopkins of sport Strewel.
                                                                                          Really? TBH I never really noticed him before but its hard to argue with what he's saying there,.

In particular
                                                                                          4. The calls about not splitting Kilkenny and Kerry in the past demonstrates a complete lack of understanding - not of what Dublin have done but of how they've done it. ...

6. Money does help kick a ball over the bar. Quality and quantity of coaching improves players to the point they are better equipped to do just that.

Comment

His points do seem devalued just because Emmet thinks he bears comparison to Hopkins . Speaking of whom, this was funny

Comment

...City match on BBC... That has got to be the worst/weirdest off side goal I've seen for a good while...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                DP or anyone else. Anyone here use a NAS to record things from an iptv? I believe it is possible but haven't seen it useful guide.
                                                                                                Bumpies.

Comment

Very.... hurt............ ...
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...City match on BBC... That has got to be the worst/weirdest off side goal I've seen for a good while...
                                                                                                    No var?

Comment

No var?
                                                                                                      ...Nope, apparently not trialing it in today's matches?????... Basically Silva with a great piece of play, shoots top corner to score... Offside given because another player was supposedly off side (which he wasn't) and blocking the view of the keeper...
                                                                                                      ...On the other side, De Bryune with a dirty free kick, quality viewing...

...oh and sorry Satnav, I will be doing my official top 10 at the end of June, keep up the work and you never know ��...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                        Fed is not human
                                                                                                        Godammit, how the fuck did I forget this was on? Blissfully doing ordinary shit all day while the greatest GOAT ever was notching up No 20, arrrrrrgghhhhhhh.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No var?
                                                                                                          [AJ] Uses premier league TV set up so only used at premier league grounds [/AJ]

AFAIK

Comment

I'm honoured luckforsome you crazy dot spewing bastard.

Comment

...

Comment

Nice touch of the BBC to play The Fall’s Hit The North over the closing credits. Mark E.Smith being a life long City fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The bambino got shortlisted and selected as an extra in a movie. We're in Bow lane right now waiting on the crew to set up.

I'll see if I can swing you all tix to Oscars 2040.

Comment

Godless on Netflix is excellent

Comment

...Nope, apparently not trialing it in today's matches?????... Basically Silva with a great piece of play, shoots top corner to score... Offside given because another player was supposedly off side (which he wasn't) and blocking the view of the keeper...
                                                                                                                      ...On the other side, De Bryune with a dirty free kick, quality viewing...

...oh and sorry Satnav, I will be doing my official top 10 at the end of June, keep up the work and you never know ��...
                                                                                                                      Us wimminz of IPB are hurt that none of us reached the top five.

Think there has to be a round of

"Me Too"

What do you think Michelle?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Us wimminz of IPB are hurt that none of us reached the top five.

Think there has to be a round of

"Me Too"

What do you think Michelle?
                                                                                                                        If you want something, earn it. Don't just expect it cos you're a woman and will fill a gender equality quota. That's the problem with women these days, expect everything cos "equality" and expect it without working as hard. Liam has his list, if you wanna get on it, try harder. I know you're joking. Relax

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                          Nice touch of the BBC to play The Fall’s Hit The North over the closing credits. Mark E.Smith being a life long City fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                          Well they used to use the theme from Sparta FC for final score and that was a song about a bunch of Greek fans kicking the shit out of a bunch of Chelsea fans

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X