Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Huge intel processor architecture bug that exposes huge security risk going to cause lots of problems for many. Basically a flaw in the processor has to be fixed in the Operating System.
    Few people would ever have heard about it except that when the linux lads implementing the necessary changes mapped out exactly what they needed to do and as always in computing an acronym fell out.
    To fix it they need to Forcefully Unmap Complete Kernel With Interrupt Trampolines

loads of work
    This is gonna be gas craic at work. We have a few systems that are already creaking, and taking a performance hit next patch Tuesday might push them over the edge.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I smell a Cash Pinata waiting to be whacked with this Intel flaw. Lots of name-your-price consultancy hours and sales opportunities galore.
      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Doubt it
        I still stand by this. The people buying in in December are taking one hell of a bath.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

In 10 years of existence, the only thing you can buy with bitcoin is internet drugs and fake assassins on the darkweb. It's complete magic beans territory.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            In 10 years of existence, the only thing you can buy with bitcoin is internet drugs and fake assassins on the darkweb. It's complete magic beans territory.
            Early contender for quote of the year.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              I still stand by this. The people buying in in December are taking one hell of a bath.
              rubbish. they were sub 10k early december, went up to 20k, now they're at 15k. that's not much of a bath (if anything that's great returns depending where you bought in), even if you bought at 20k

Comment

Anyone who enjoys a gamble and isn't messing around in these altcoins are doing themselves a disservice. The gains are incredible and if you catch the right coin you can make serious money. I feel silly even just typing this because I know how much it all sounds and looks like some get rich scheme and even in my head when typing this I can't shake that feeling but after trading them for a few weeks I can't believe what is going on and the gains that are happening. The wheels may come off anytime but in the short to medium term you can get out with enough profit that you don't give a fuck what happens in the long term.

See boards had a BA a few years back for how to get free XLM (Stellar). People checking accounts from back then and they have 500-4000 of them they got free at the time. Each one now worth around a dollar.

Opr
                Last edited by Opr; 03-01-18, 19:10.

Comment

Are normal office computer users gonna notice any slowdown with this intel thing or will it just effect people doing whizzbang shit/pc gamers? Cos I am going to annilhate a while bank of PCs at work if the proxy things get any slower than they already are

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Are normal office computer users gonna notice any slowdown with this intel thing or will it just effect people doing whizzbang shit/pc gamers? Cos I am going to annilhate a while bank of PCs at work if the proxy things get any slower than they already are
                    I'm assuming it's bigger stuff than that.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                      I'm assuming it's bigger stuff than that.
                      Me too,just want to know if I need to bring a hammer to work next week

Comment

I'd be more worried about everybody withdrawing as much cash as they can from banks, to tide them over in case things get really messy.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          I'd be more worried about everybody withdrawing as much cash as they can from banks, to tide them over in case things get really messy.
                          Good point,I’m off to max the withdrawal limits on all my cards

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Good point,I’m off to max the withdrawal limits on all my cards
                            Ah, sure the bitcoin will be grand. It's not like a fuck up with Intel processors will cause any problems there.

Comment

Head chef gets death threats over ‘spiking’ vegan food claim

Comment

Tar is on extended holidays from work, maybe he popped over to England

Comment

Some game ars v che. Had che win btts so bit sick but entertainment almost made up for it.......almost

Comment

Donald Trump didn't want to be president

This is a great read.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poor ol Wenger so many points lost through dodgy penos. They are always good to watch .
                                      Top 3 so far for entertainment this season.
                                      1 City 2. Arsenal 3. Those Scouse bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        tl;dr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              My friends. I come to you in a time of need. Is there any reason I shouldn't get the BenQ W2000 TV projector?
                                              Emmett is the only person I remember posting on projectors. Though I am aware that my memories are quite biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Anyone who enjoys a gamble and isn't messing around in these altcoins are doing themselves a disservice. The gains are incredible and if you catch the right coin you can make serious money. I feel silly even just typing this because I know how much it all sounds and looks like some get rich scheme and even in my head when typing this I can't shake that feeling but after trading them for a few weeks I can't believe what is going on and the gains that are happening. The wheels may come off anytime but in the short to medium term you can get out with enough profit that you don't give a fuck what happens in the long term.

See boards had a BA a few years back for how to get free XLM (Stellar). People checking accounts from back then and they have 500-4000 of them they got free at the time. Each one now worth around a dollar.

Opr
                                                Link?

Tipped these to my mate at 4cent few months back and never bought any myself. Need to block his constant tilting updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                  Link?

Tipped these to my mate at 4cent few months back and never bought any myself. Need to block his constant tilting updates.
                                                  Years ago someone posted about stellar lumens(https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91584316)

Opr

Comment

Off to bed now so won't see any replies if any , till morning.
                                                    However the missus has booked BASE for the kids 4th birthday party.
                                                    Surely there is something better than that. Ideas ?

Comment

I remember in 2002/03 my step-father bought a 50 inch Plasma tv from the Sony centre in Tallaght.
                                                      We had the matching sub-woofer around 1ft or so high. He had the mini speakers hung in the 4 corners of the room.

I believe he paid approximately 10k for everything.
                                                      A few years later when throwing it out we needed three people to carry it, it was massive.
                                                      it's obviously ridiculous looking back but it was class when I was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                        I remember in 2002/03 my step-father bought a 50 inch Plasma tv from the Sony centre in Tallaght.
                                                        We had the matching sub-woofer around 1ft or so high. He had the mini speakers hung in the 4 corners of the room.

I believe he paid approximately 10k for everything.
                                                        A few years later when throwing it out we needed three people to carry it, it was massive.
                                                        it's obviously ridiculous looking back but it was class when I was 12 years old.
                                                        When i had my first 5 figure poker score back in 2006, i bought a 42 inch plasma from the Panasonic store for €2599, so i could well believe it!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            Funnily enough, this was also a reply to you over a year ago

And from the new season:

USS Callister (S4, E1)
                                                            Jessie Plemons stars a quiet CFO for a gaming company where nobody pays him any attention, but back in the comfort of his own home, he has created a unique 60s style Star Trek gaming experience where he flips everything on it's head.

Black Museum (S4, E6)
                                                            A woman stops off a museum of death and torture, and the museum owner fills her full of tales of the different artifacts, until finally showing her the museums 'pièce de résistance'

Hang the DJ (S4, E4)
                                                            An advanced Tinder type app sets people up on dates where they are told how long their relationship will last, as it's all part of the global app to match the best people up for their long term relationships.Stars Peaky Blinders' Jon.

ArkAngel (S4, E2)
                                                            A mother implants the ultimate child monitor system into her daughter, where she can track her with GPS, see through eyes, distort her reality and feel her anxiety.

Crocodile (S4, E3)
                                                            Many years after a couple are involved in a hit and run, their secret shows signs of rearing it's head due to new technology that allows people to view your memories.

Metalhead (S4, E5)
                                                            Eh, a woman goes on the run from robotic dogs who try to hunt her down.

So, non fucked up episodes that you can chill w watch during the day? In order..

San Junipero (S3, E4)
                                                            Hang the DJ (S4, E4)
                                                            Be Right Back (S2, E1)
                                                            USS Callister (S4, E1)
                                                            Nosedive (S3, E1)
                                                            Good stuff Tony, I'm a slow to pick up new series.
                                                            But finished a few recently and have almost cleared the slate

Comment

Comment

My friends. I come to you in a time of need. Is there any reason I shouldn't get the BenQ W2000 TV projector?

It's *seems* by far the best beginning of great quality projectors. Works in small spaces which we have. Works well in ambient lighting. Works at 100inch perfectly which is what we want it for.

If my mindless searching has resulted in the best projector, then I have two follow on questions:

1. I guess the projector screens are all much of a muchness and there's no need to be too choosy in picking the right one?

2. What about a sound system? Is that needed? Is there an obvious good value one that's worth getting?
                                                                If you watch movies get it for sure . Benq are the value in projectors . Sound wise depending on room size id go the adverts route and get very good 2nd hand set , you'd need an amp with that . If you want it for mainly sport and TV you'd be better with a 65 inch LCD .

There are plenty of full sound kits out there from 500 up .

Prepare for upgradeitis once you have it all .
                                                                sigpic
                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                  You sleeping all the time.

Comment

hang the dj
                                                                    hang the dj
                                                                    hang the dj hang the dj,
                                                                    hang the dj hang the dj hang the dj
                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                      You sleeping all the time.
                                                                      A merry New January to you. Your suggestion was already submitted by my boss yesterday

Comment

Comment

Pulled into the petrol station, was inside grabbing coffee. And the misses comes on and says "there's a huge spider on your seat, it's dead. You sat on it"
                                                                          So I go back to the car expecting a teeny house spider or something. Nope. Squashed my seat was a brown spider, probably about 50mm wide (before he met my left buttock).
                                                                          Can only imagine if he ran across the dash while I was driving.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              Pulled into the petrol station, was inside grabbing coffee. And the misses comes on and says "there's a huge spider on your seat, it's dead. You sat on it"
                                                                              So I go back to the car expecting a teeny house spider or something. Nope. Squashed my seat was a brown spider, probably about 50mm wide (before he met my left buttock).
                                                                              Can only imagine if he ran across the dash while I was driving.
                                                                              This is how it starts . Just wait till that guy in basketball practice tries to bully you next time.

Comment

A moment's silence please for one of nature's finest brought down in the prime of his life by an asshole.
                                                                                Who will find out later - he is just a right bollox

Comment

Have it in your gaff.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cheers. Don't watch TV or sports, so this seems the right deal so. Hmm, hadn't realised the sound would be so expensive, surely those sound bars would be grand in a living room?
                                                                                    a good soundbar should be more than enough for a small living room

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Have it in your gaff.
                                                                                      Well there is a resident clown there already.

Comment

Well there is a resident clown there already.
                                                                                        And throw a utd match on the box...they will get a right laugh out of that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Honestly, it's probably one of the better ideas.
                                                                                              2/3 hours in out no muss no fuss

Having thrown a party in my own place, it's a much better way to go
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It's *seems* by far the best beginning of great quality projectors. Works in small spaces which we have. Works well in ambient lighting. Works at 100inch perfectly which is what we want it for.

If my mindless searching has resulted in the best projector, then I have two follow on questions:

1. I guess the projector screens are all much of a muchness and there's no need to be too choosy in picking the right one?

2. What about a sound system? Is that needed? Is there an obvious good value one that's worth getting?
                                                                                                I bought Tony a projector for our anniversary. Not sure on the make, but it is great. We were watching a movie in bed the other night and the sound seemed like it came from the screen, I shit you not!

Anyway, was about screens for it. I couldn't be arsed paying a fortune for a proper projector screen. I went to a household store and asked if they had any white roller blinds that were damaged in any way. She took me to them and I got for €15 a 8 foot wide (I think) blackout roller blind that had a damaged end that you use for attaching to brackets. We removed the other side and we set it up that way. Because it is a blackout one it is the similar style thick material that has some sort of coating that makes it perfect for a projector. We roll it back up and put into the box when not in use.

I preferred to spend the money on the actual projector and not waste on a screen!

We don't have a sound system. Kicking ourselves that we gave away our Sony one that came with our Bravia when we moved to Malta. It had the sound bar and a large speaker. Would have been amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  San Junipero, Nosedive, White Christmas, maybe shut up and dance.
                                                                                                  Watched 3 of the new ones last night....crocodile, that is all.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A final bump for the Multi Sports Competition, just 2 days to get entries in.
                                                                                                    Mix of sports from rugby to racing to cricket - prob takes ~60 minutes to get an entry together.

Some tactics involved as well with 3 changes allowed throughout the year, going to be interesting to see what the best strategy for these is.

Comment

Perfecto. Found a few on Amazon. It seems like they would need a Bluetooth connection from the laptop plugged into the projector. I presume that's unlikely to produce a sound lag compared to picture, or could that be an issue?
                                                                                                      i'd imagine you'd be playing the films on VLC anyway so you could adjust if there's any lag, but in any event shouldn't be a big issue running a cable between laptop and soundbar, as you'd remove laptop, projector and cable after the film anyway? they won't be permanent fixtures in the living room

Comment

Use Benq in work, great value. Theres a fair bit of faffing.about to get a projector setup just right tbh. Hisense 65" TV if room is big enough to suit it would be cheaper and easier.

Comment

Darkness in the room is the most important part of a projector. Any light washes out the screen really badly.

I know this because we badly designed the 'cinema setup' we got for our parents which projects onto a blackout blind which doesn't quite cover the full window it's on top of.

Also you will almost certainly want to have it mounted, as adjusting it every time anyone's moved it a few cms is bound to get annoying.

Given that you can get ridiculous, ridiculous tvs now in the sub €1k range, I'm not so sure that projectors will be so useful in the medium term.

Keeping a close eye on OLED, the tech behind it is going to make a mess of all of our LCD screens.

This video is a year old, the prices have been moving far closer to achievable.

Check out our CES 2018 coverage: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZEIwIHCxaFV1POcjx2v_2DeF83JDNBCaCheck out our CES 2018 coverage: https://www.youtube...

That is currently £1.5k - http://bit.ly/2lSNJP0

edit: boo, bad googling, is actually still £5k - http://bit.ly/2E3r3Da
                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 04-01-18, 10:30.

Comment

Perfecto. Found a few on Amazon. It seems like they would need a Bluetooth connection from the laptop plugged into the projector. I presume that's unlikely to produce a sound lag compared to picture, or could that be an issue?
                                                                                                            Bluetooth doesnt always support HD audio codecs would be main reason to avoid for cinema usage. No point going to the effort of blu-ray remastered audio, buying pricey equipment then having it sound like airplane headphones as an end result. Get some stick-on trunking and cables arent that much hassle anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              And throw a utd match on the box...they will get a right laugh out of that
                                                                                                              Hey thats my team

Comment

The San Juniper ep of Black Mirror is lovely & all but I don't think I have ever been as blown away by TV as the Playtest ep.

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                                hang the dj
                                                                                                                hang the dj
                                                                                                                hang the dj hang the dj,
                                                                                                                hang the dj hang the dj hang the dj
                                                                                                                Because the music that they constantly play,
                                                                                                                It says nothing to me about my life...
                                                                                                                Morrissey of old

Comment

Doing the 100 pressup challenge.

Following the site hundredpushups.com

Silly Christmas bet . I used to do em on the backs of my hand. Struggle to do 25 now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    A final bump for the Multi Sports Competition, just 2 days to get entries in.
                                                                                                                    Mix of sports from rugby to racing to cricket - prob takes ~60 minutes to get an entry together.

Some tactics involved as well with 3 changes allowed throughout the year, going to be interesting to see what the best strategy for these is.
                                                                                                                    Got stuck on the MMA one, can't even figure out who the runners and riders are and attempts at research make me despair for the future of humanity

Can't even figure out if current champ is a fav or a non runner , oddschecker and PP not really helping me... anyone able to point me at a relevant market
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This website is for sale! bezop.io is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bezop.io has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

New ico being touted.
                                                                                                                      Free tokens for signing up

Comment

This website is for sale! bezop.io is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bezop.io has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

New ico being touted.
                                                                                                                        Free tokens for signing up

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Got stuck on the MMA one, can't even figure out who the runners and riders are and attempts at research make me despair for the future of humanity

Can't even figure out if current champ is a fav or a non runner , oddschecker and PP not really helping me... anyone able to point me at a relevant market
                                                                                                                          Aye, I found it the most difficult and theres little help out there. Agree with your 'future of humanity' comments, some of the page 1 results led to vile forums and reddit links that were like something out of the Irish Traveller videos.
                                                                                                                          I'm sure some kind soul will give you a name. Think I just went with the current champion and his next opponent and tossed a coin between them.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X