Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Is that a Montreeal station?
    Nah Alburrrta
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      What does blue glasses gotta do with it just don't think the goal was that brilliant.
      It's not as brilliant as some.of the reaction on Twitter. See some ex players creaming themselves over it alright so can understand you not agreeing with the reaction. It's still a brilliant goal, the blue glasses has got to do with you being a city fan tainting your view. No doubt if Aguero managed that you'd call it brilliant. And before you start he's my favourite player in the league so that's not a pop at him.

Go to a pitch, try and replicate that shot 10 times. If you score once I'd be very surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Apparently the kiln-dried wood we get here, 96% of it comes from Latvia or Lithuania. So said the lad who sells me my firewood.

Is it just me or is that totally insane, do we not have sufficient forestland that could profitably be devoted to this?
        Ireland actually has a very low % of forested land by international standards.

Comment

When you have multiple surgeries to make you look like Angelina Jolie #nailedit

This is her without putting her makeup on with a makeup gun.

SPOILER

Comment

A lot of trouble to go to for a Halloween costume.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Ireland actually has a very low % of forested land by international standards.
              Oak-ay then, that's me told. I'll leaf this topic well alone.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Nah Alburrrta
                I guess we were finished with the timber puns

Comment

Did you just bring it up fir the puns?

Comment

You'll pine fir it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

SPOILER
                      Jesus, that is really sad People like her must have such deep mental issues.

Maybe the more non-judgemental view is 'let her do what makes her happy' but I can't believe she's very happy with her life if she needs to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        Jesus, that is really sad People like her must have such deep mental issues.

Maybe the more non-judgemental view is 'let her do what makes her happy' but I can't believe she's very happy with her life if she needs to do that...
                        Angelina not so Jolie.

Splinter group pun started .

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Did you just bring it up fir the puns?
                          I was genuinely intrigued. Seems fucking daft and amazingly un-green.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

SPOILER
                            What. The. Fuck!! She looks pretty hot in the "before" photo. She has to be mental

Comment

We back, baby.

Must be how Catholics feel on Easter Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                We back, baby.

Must be how Catholics feel on Easter Sunday.
                                Lumping on at 66/1 to win the Masters. Biggest opportunity since bitcoin

Comment

Speaking of BTC.

Admittedly i haven't tried that hard but can someone explain the below ?

How can it be up 2.81 from -24hrs against the euro V down 5.36 on the same timescale ?

Is it just xe rates ?

Can you buy in either currency and is it any advantage to say buy in euro as your losses would seem to be less on right now ?
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Flashback to when Louis CK wasn't a serial masturbator

Africa by Toto, an acoustic cover performed by Mike Masse and Jeff Hall. See Mike in Concert: https://mikemasse.com/concerts Book Mike: https://mikemasse...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Lumping on at 66/1 to win the Masters. Biggest opportunity since bitcoin
                                      Brave man.
                                      Tiger will not win anything over 4 rounds until he slows down his swing off the tee. His competetivness will cost him and hurt him both physically and mentally. He needs to listen to his body and slow down after all the major injuries hes had.

Still great to see him back.

Comment

Irish Water refund cheque arrived in the post today.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Listened to the first ep of Blindboy Boatclub's pod there.

Excellent stuff. Gonna get his book. Anyone else listening to it?
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Listened to the first ep of Blindboy Boatclub's pod there.

Excellent stuff. Gonna get his book. Anyone else listening to it?
                                            Jaysus

Comment

Boom boom boom - just took down a Dublin Poker Festival main event super sat on PPP, which I got into via 1) free $1 qualifier ticket awarded by PPP -> 2) $10 satellite -> $55 super sat (1 x €570 ticket GTD, only five players so big overlay) -> 4) BOOM

ionapaul playing festival main events = We. Are. Back!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Jaysus
                                                My exact reaction!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  Jaysus
                                                  What y'all mean Dobbo?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                    My exact reaction!
                                                    Will tune in after the Trump doc to find out why.

Comment

Had a weird sensation come over me a few days ago that i wanted to play some poker.
                                                      So instead i went on Twitch and watched a bit(hangs head in shame), definetly a great way to learn.
                                                      I see TonkaaaaP and LexVeldhuis(Curently in 15k of tournies) playig highstakes tourneys right now.
                                                      But what i dont get is the people paying 4.99 to watch and the people given donations to these top players left right and centre.

Comment

What time do gigs in the point usually end at

In before 2007 or whenever it's name changed
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Arse! Forgot to make the annual HHE January booking for the Vintage Kitchen.

Suggestions please for a plausible alternative? BYO preferred but not compulsory.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            What time do gigs in the point usually end at

In before 2007 or whenever it's name changed
                                                            early enough, like 10.30 or so.

Comment

Arse! Forgot to make the annual HHE January booking for the Vintage Kitchen.

Suggestions please for a plausible alternative? BYO preferred but not compulsory.
                                                              Would ye travel out of the city?

Was thinking two Cook's in Sallins might be up your street... Too much time for sobering up on the way back to the emporium would be a disadvantage.
                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-11-17, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                When I was a teenager, my Dad insisted that I open a credit union A/c in order to start building up a credit rating. Back then, you had to save for 16 weeks solid before you could borrow so he put in a few quid each week. Once the 16 weeks were up, I applied for a loan with him as guarantor. Walked out of the credit union and handed the money to my Dad who paid it back in over the agreed term plus interest and a few quid into savings. We rinsed and repeated this several times so by the time I was 18, I had a perfect rating with them over several loans all paid off as agreed. I initially thought he was mad at the time but it made sense.
                                                                I heard of a few people doing that. Still seems like madness to be burning interest.
                                                                Surely somebody who goes through 16-30 without constantly needing a loan after loan is a better prospect for the bank.

Apparently the kiln-dried wood we get here, 96% of it comes from Latvia or Lithuania. So said the lad who sells me my firewood.

Is it just me or is that totally insane, do we not have sufficient forestland that could profitably be devoted to this?
                                                                It's possibly a misleading statistic given that most season timber in Ireland is probably air-dried. Or at least would have been when I learned about it in school

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                Speaking of BTC.

Admittedly i haven't tried that hard but can someone explain the below ?

How can it be up 2.81 from -24hrs against the euro V down 5.36 on the same timescale ?

Is it just xe rates ?

Can you buy in either currency and is it any advantage to say buy in euro as your losses would seem to be less on right now ?
                                                                The euro fell vrs the USD in the same period?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  What y'all mean Dobbo?
                                                                  Kerry yokel feels threatened by Limerick lad with a bag on his head shocker

Scanned a current boards thread where there was a lot of hostility towards him from dumbasses who can't see past the bag.
                                                                  Just read a few extracts from the book so far and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Nuck Chorris popped into me today with the fam, bit too early 9.30 am , I was half awake!
                                                                    Think I soldiered through though Little wan a dote, had a lolly pop , me being a fecker says , gimmie some and she handed right over lol pity the father wouldnt hand over the chips as handy at the table

great to meet a few IPB heads at work .
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Kerry yokel feels threatened by Limerick lad with a bag on his head shocker

Scanned a current boards thread where there was a lot of hostility towards him from dumbasses who can't see past the bag.
                                                                      Just read a few extracts from the book so far and I'm looking forward to reading it.
                                                                      His reasoning for wearing the bag in ep2 was pure class.

I won't read that boards thread, I find that type of moronity too damaging to the mood.

Comment

early enough, like 10.30 or so.
                                                                        Yup, or 9.50 if you were me tonight, felt very old

Comment

So the banjo playing yokel kid in deliverance couldn't actually play the banjo. I feel cheated after all these years.

Comment

So Trump is basically tearing down America because OBAMA took the piss out of him at the White House Correspondents dinner in 2011
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Fergal O'Brien started a best of 11 in the UK snooker champs at 09.30 this morning. Game still ongoing

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                Fergal O'Brien started a best of 11 in the UK snooker champs at 09.30 this morning. Game still ongoing
                                                                                Does he hold the record for longest frame ever too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                  I heard of a few people doing that. Still seems like madness to be burning interest.
                                                                                  Surely somebody who goes through 16-30 without constantly needing a loan after loan is a better prospect for the bank.
                                                                                  Not really, no. If nobody needs a loan, the bank is essentially out of business. Banks want customers who regularly need/want loans but they want to give them to people who can pay them back or again, they will be out of business. The safest bet is somebody with a proven track record of paying back the loans over a decent time period.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                    Does he hold the record for longest frame ever too?
                                                                                    Yeah, he plays like a c*nt to try get an edge/ wear opponents down.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Not really, no. If nobody needs a loan, the bank is essentially out of business. Banks want customers who regularly need/want loans but they want to give them to people who can pay them back or again, they will be out of business. The safest bet is somebody with a proven track record of paying back the loans over a decent time period.
                                                                                      Banks want people to collectively need loans, but does that necessarily mean that a serial borrower is the ideal customer? But I suppose risk and profit are two separate criteria from the banks POV.
                                                                                      Obviously a proven track record is far better than a series of late payments or loan defaults. But I'd imagine somebody who needs a Payday loan every month is higher risk than somebody with no loans, but has consistently saved $X per week, every week for a few years.

In other news, Alex DeLarge the lastest public figure hit with scandal

Comment

Banks want people to collectively need loans, but does that necessarily mean that a serial borrower is the ideal customer? But I suppose risk and profit are two separate criteria from the banks POV.
                                                                                        Obviously a proven track record is far better than a series of late payments or loan defaults. But I'd imagine somebody who needs a Payday loan every month is higher risk than somebody with no loans, but has consistently saved $X per week, every week for a few years.

In other news, Alex DeLarge the lastest public figure hit with scandal
                                                                                        How did we make the leap from somebody applying, being approved for and repaying a loan within the terms to somebody not being able to live on their monthly salary. That's two very different things

I've never applied for a loan where the repayment terms were 30 days

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Did doing that actually benefit in the end Lao Lao?

Can you get mortgages with the credit union? kinda have the impression they're for things like going to a McGregor fight in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Did they ever track down that dude who slipped on the ice in 2012?
                                                                                              They interviewed him winter 2013 as far as I remember

More importantly, has red hat brexit woman made any subsequent appearances?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Can you get mortgages with the credit union? kinda have the impression they're for things like going to a McGregor fight in Vegas.
                                                                                                Think if your buying with 50% plus cash or if you have a small term left on your mortgage you can transfer over at superior rates.

Comment

Think Lao Laos dad was confusing credit unions with the credit bureau. https://m.independent.ie/business/ir...-25982978.html
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

They interviewed him winter 2013 as far as I remember

More importantly, has red hat brexit woman made any subsequent appearances?
                                                                                                    They should make her PM, she seems to know what's what.

Comment

How did we make the leap from somebody applying, being approved for and repaying a loan within the terms to somebody not being able to live on their monthly salary. That's two very different things
                                                                                                      Is it not the logical progression? High interest loans are highly profitable, banks/lenders want people to take them out. And paying them on time will might improve a credit score. Yet I doubt serial reliance is more favourable than never needing to, or rarely needing to.
                                                                                                      Who mentioned not being able to live on a salary? If somebody uses credit (cards, loans,etc) and pays it back quickly. The salary over the period was fine, the problem was timing.

Comment

anyone hear anything wonky with ptsb today?
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Indeed. On the topic of kiln wood, anyone know anywhere in co. Laois that it can be purchased? Thanks ...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            anyone hear anything wonky with ptsb today?
                                                                                                            No? What did you hear? That's where I'm working, for the next 2 weeks anyway.

Comment

No? What did you hear? That's where I'm working, for the next 2 weeks anyway.
                                                                                                              IVR acting up and my bank card isnt working
                                                                                                              the latter is possibly xmas party related as I found it on the floor this morning.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Did they ever track down that dude who slipped on the ice in 2012?
                                                                                                                Sure did.

http://twitter.com/thomasjamsWhat ever happened to Brendan Adhere, the man who slipped on the ice on the news? Written by Tom Walsh (@thomasjams) and Kevin M...

Comment

It definetely did. By the time I was leaving school, I had an excellent credit rating with them and I was able to borrow from them to help with college expenses where I had to pay some expenses upfront that I simply didn't have the money for. In addition, the way it worked back then (it may have changed) was that your first loan was equal to your shares, 2nd loan was 1.5 times your shares, 3rd loan double, etc so after a few loans, I had also built up the amount I could borrow which was needed.

They do some things around mortgages now (without offering a full mortage) but they are also good for holidays, car loans, etc. Also your credit rating with them feeds into your overall credit score so if you are going for a mortgage (which I since have) it stands to your credit rating (once you have paid back as per the T&C's obvs)

Is it not the logical progression? High interest loans are highly profitable, banks/lenders want people to take them out. And paying them on time will might improve a credit score. Yet I doubt serial reliance is more favourable than never needing to, or rarely needing to.
                                                                                                                  I don't think it is a logical progression to go from getting a loan once a year or even every 5 years, to buy a car for example, to having to get a loan every month, I don't see that at all.

Originally posted by Mellor;
                                                                                                                  Who mentioned not being able to live on a salary?
                                                                                                                  You did below. If you need a Payday loan every month, you clearly cannot live on your salary

But I'd imagine somebody who needs a Payday loan every month is higher risk than somebody with no loans, but has consistently saved $X per week, every week for a few years.[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    IVR acting up and my bank card isnt working
                                                                                                                    the latter is possibly xmas party related as I found it on the floor this morning.
                                                                                                                    Ah right. I have no idea what IVR is. I've heard nothing anyhow, although I'm not in an area I'd hear immediately of these things.

Comment

Ah right. I have no idea what IVR is. I've heard nothing anyhow, although I'm not in an area I'd hear immediately of these things.
                                                                                                                      Interactive voice response

The phone thingy

Comment

I don't think it is a logical progression to go from getting a loan once a year or even every 5 years, to buy a car for example, to having to get a loan every month, I don't see that at all.
                                                                                                                        A loan for a car or holiday is one thing, but it sounded like you were talking about a dummy loan for sake for getting a good credit score.
                                                                                                                        On that basis, the "monthly loan guy" has a superb credit score from all the timely loan repayments - I don't think the bank would see it that way.

If you need a Payday loan every month, you clearly cannot live on your salary
                                                                                                                        Well that's clearly not true. The repayments each month are going to be more than the loan. It's a net loss.

If somebody's takes a €400 loan each month, and has repayments of €450 over the month, they are losing money. If they can live on that, they could unquestionably live on their salary without loans and repayments.

Comment

A loan for a car or holiday is one thing, but it sounded like you were talking about a dummy loan for sake for getting a good credit score.
                                                                                                                          On that basis, the "monthly loan guy" has a superb credit score from all the timely loan repayments - I don't think the bank would see it that way.

Well that's clearly not true. The repayments each month are going to be more than the loan. It's a net loss.

If somebody's takes a €400 loan each month, and has repayments of €450 over the month, they are losing money. If they can live on that, they could unquestionably live on their salary without loans and repayments.
                                                                                                                          In this instance this somebody is an idiot and this should be taken into consideration by the bank
                                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X