Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boojum on Abbey Street ran out of rice today, not ideal. Dobbo have a word m8.

Comment

Hi, a bit of advice would be appreciated on the following.

I have a friend who is being advised by her friends, "a couple" to invest in Bitcoin. Seemingly they have around 2500 euro invested which is now worth an alleged 12000 euro.

I don't have a clue about investments and neither does she but I told her to hold off while I try to find out a little info.

She just told me there that the company her friends told her about was called USI Tech and a quick google suggests it's possibly a scam run by guys who have a "history".

Anyone any advice/experience here and on a related note does anyone recommend investing around 500 euro in some Bitcoin and if so, the best way to do that.
      My friend is a Spanish national living here in Spain (not sure if that makes any difference).
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

I have a friend who is being advised by her friends, "a couple" to invest in Bitcoin. Seemingly they have around 2500 euro invested which is now worth an alleged 12000 euro.

I don't have a clue about investments and neither does she but I told her to hold off while I try to find out a little info.

She just told me there that the company her friends told her about was called USI Tech and a quick google suggests it's possibly a scam run by guys who have a "history".

Anyone any advice/experience here and on a related note does anyone recommend investing around 500 euro in some Bitcoin and if so, the best way to do that.
        My friend is a Spanish national living here in Spain (not sure if that makes any difference).
        Thanks.
        Sounds like a pyramid scheme.

In order to earn commission on levels 2 – 12, you need to have 12 active Bitcoin packages. Once you have 12 packages, you will become a ‘distributor’. As the people you have referred also buy their 12 packages, they will become distributors. In other words to earn commission on the second level, you need to find 3 friends who are willing to buy 600 Euros worth of Bitcoin packages.

Comment

Thanks.
          Yeah that seems like a pretty clear scam
          If she wants to dabble Coinbase prob best,fees a bit high on card purchases but it is extremely user friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            I'll just pop my tshirt on and tell them.who I am

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              I'll just pop my tshirt on and tell them.who I am
              Got Tacos for a replacement, bit like going to a brothel for a hug I'd imagine.

Comment

Got Tacos for a replacement, bit like going to a brothel for a hug I'd imagine.
                That's all kinds of wrong in fairness. Would have just walked to jervis.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  We were all ready 3rd overall and 3rd for alcohol lack of freedom on the Nanny State index.leo obv gunning for number one

Alcohol rankings
                  SPOILER

Ireland
                  SPOILER

http://nannystateindex.org
                  You say this like it's a bad thing.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    You say this like it's a bad thing.
                    The point is the nanny statism doesn’t work. Good to see we are one of the least tough countries on E cigs though

Comment

The point is the nanny statism doesn’t work. Good to see we are one of the least tough countries on E cigs though
                      What is Nanny Statism and by what measure does it not work?
                      Lets look at road deaths. Through a series of measures enforcing behaviours on people against their will we have reduced road deaths to <10% of what they were in the 60's and 70's per KM driven.

Do you think it is wrong in principal that lifestyle choices that will, indisputibly, result in unnecessary and disproportionate costs on the health service be taxed so as to raise money for a service that is collapsing, right now, under the strain of the previous decades of Alcohol and tobacco use?

Whats the cut off point?
                      Should the government have issued a stay at home warning for the storm recently or was that Nanny Statism?
                      No swimming signs at dangerous beaches Yay or Nay etc. ad nauseam

Comment

That’s like us running out of chips
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Thanks.
                          Best advice you could give her is that the "friends" giving her this advice are not her friends they are out for their own ends.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                            look at what happened the last time Ireland ran out of potatoes!!

Comment

Lets look at road deaths. Through a series of measures enforcing behaviours on people against their will we have reduced road deaths to <10% of what they were in the 60's and 70's per KM driven.

Do you think it is wrong in principal that lifestyle choices that will, indisputibly, result in unnecessary and disproportionate costs on the health service be taxed so as to raise money for a service that is collapsing, right now, under the strain of the previous decades of Alcohol and tobacco use?

Whats the cut off point?
                              Should the government have issued a stay at home warning for the storm recently or was that Nanny Statism?
                              Inevitably the way this goes is that people think they should be treated like an adult in their sphere but others should be controlled by the government. So, we should all be allowed gamble on poker and horses without limitations, but smokers, smokers should face punitive controls.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Harsh pen against the Nordies, but the commentators aren't half sour about it
                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  A fun exercise is to guess how (and how quickly) it would have been rationalised if given the other way. Very soon it would have been that the cowardly defender should have kept his hands by his side like a man and thus it deserves to be a pen.
                                  That awkward moment when your wife embarrasses the fuck out of you!

Comment

Burger king in airport ran out of burger buns once.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

I remember McDonalds in Castlebar ran out of Chips once about 10 years. Sad day.

Comment

I remember McDonalds in Castlebar ran out of Chips once about 10 years. Sad day.
                                        I ran out of the Sporting Emporium once. - with loadsdachips

Comment

Comment

KFC in Hanoi ran out of Chicken one day.

I mean, they ran out of whatever meat constitutes the vast majority of their meals.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Louis CK statement

NEW YORK (AP) — Comedian Louis C.K. released the following statement on Friday following allegations of sexual misconduct in a New York Times report.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                As with Weinsten, another person I've never heard of before or likely to again I'd guess.

Comment

No business jumping in, has history with the ref for attempting to coach a fighter when he wasnt part of the corner team. Again looked like he was off his face.

Comment

Hardly surprising is it? Scum gonna scum

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                      No business jumping in, has history with the ref for attempting to coach a fighter when he wasnt part of the corner team. Again looked like he was off his face.
                                                      The guy he was cheering on is a Bum too.hes worn out his welcome fairly fast get off the stage

Comment

The guy he was cheering on is a Bum too.hes worn out his welcome fairly fast get off the stage
                                                        I know, ive actually had the pleasure of seen Charlie lose 2 times in person. His fail in the UFC is not surprising especially when they drug test fighters.

Hope the Referee sues Conor, seen as that seems the normal in the world we live in.

Still hoping Conor gets Irish business person of the year. Amizing communication, negotiation and marketing skills.

Comment

Just LOL at the media blowing up this bundee thing. Grand for Strauss, CJ and Payne but let's blow bundee up for one reason.

Ironically same articles creating controversy around Bundee are praising McKinleys call up for the Italian squad.

Bundee first try, EZ game.
                                                          Una has weighed in now https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/q...87204?mode=amp

She obviously completely missed the wxact same arguments being made against CJ standers inclusion.if anything people are being a bit more reserved about making same argument against Aki precisely because they don’t want to pop up on Unas Radar

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cocaine is a helluva drug. What a fucking gobshite.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Went in to have a wee earlier. The little one shouts out to me 'Daya Daya Daya (pronounces Dada 'Daya') you having a wee wee?'
                                                                'Yeah" I says
                                                                'a big one?'
                                                                'Yeah, think so'

She runs in, stands beside me, has a look, then looks up and says to me....

SPOILER
                                                                'Wow, wish I could wee out of my thumb'
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Another night, another gig with 250 or so people in Workman's in Dublin to see Jane Weaver.

She's the doyen of the very English neo-psych/folk scene with flashes of Nico/Bjork and a deep krautrock undertow.

Cracking stuff. Recommended.

Jane Weaver performs songs from her incredible new album – Modern Kosmology. Self taught, self penned, self played, self produced, and all-autonomous Jane We...

Comment

McGRegor apparently arrested in Dublin after a hotel fracas!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                          Another night, another gig with 250 or so people in Workman's in Dublin to see Jane Weaver.

She's the doyen of the very English neo-psych/folk scene with flashes of Nico/Bjork and a deep krautrock undertow.

Cracking stuff. Recommended
                                                                          Was at that too, she was great

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Was at that too, she was great
                                                                            Pretty sure i spotted you walking in (white t-shirt, right?) but i was behind a wall of people so couldn't lunge at you to say hello

My only criticism is that they deserve a better light show. The support band's was better.

Comment

Pretty sure i spotted you walking in (white t-shirt, right?) but i was behind a wall of people so couldn't lunge at you to say hello

My only criticism is that they deserve a better light show. The support band's was better.
                                                                              Yup, was in a white T-shirt. Didn't catch the support band, was too busy eating tasty tasty Korean food in Arisu on capel st

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                She's not knocking it over, she's picking it up, cleaning the desk and placing in carefully on it's side :P

Lol@ people trying to argue Ireland is not worse than most countries when it comes to drinking. Asked so often why Irish people get so drunk and so often with a genuine look of confusion from mainland Europeans. Poland beats us, that place is depressing.

As for binge drinking, it's defined that low because that low amount is doing damage - not healthy, it's twice the daily limit and even the daily limit is still carcinogenic (any amount is). It's not just about how drunk you get. You can binge drink without getting drunk as it's generally measured in two hour periods. So you are drinking twice the 24 hour limit in 2 hours.
                                                                                You can binge drink without getting drunk because 'binge drinking' is two pince.

Whats the cut off point?
                                                                                Reduce the speed limit to 10kph. I'm certain I've read you give out about speed limit reduction previously and nanny stateism.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Think I agree with 99.99% of strews lifeviews. Except on chavball. Love that beautiful game of balloon chess.
                                                                                Indeed. I wondered just the other day if you two are the same person at different life stages, like the bbv has bended space and time and here you both co-exist.

Had an odd experience today (not related to stapler).

A student comes into my office and has as her opening gambit: "What star sign are you?" "Libra" I say, wondering where this is going but impressively not missing a beat in giving my response. "and what star sign are you?" I ask. "I'm Gemini" she says and seems very happy that the conversation is flowing so well. We look up the star signs on google and agree we both match what our star signs say. (she was 'oh that's so me', and I was more reluctant to be defined by a star). There's a bit more smalltalk and off she goes.

Still haven't worked out what that meant. I didn't act like we were having a weird conversation, but that was clearly a very weird conversation to be having.
                                                                                Libra buds.

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                McGRegor apparently arrested in Dublin after a hotel fracas!
                                                                                He looked like a right gobshite at that event.
                                                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

6 nuggets 2 x barbecue sauce , 1 double cheese burger , euro saver menu, 4.30 ( 3 nuggets per pack of sauce hence needed 2 )

yup

what ye have for tea #fatbastard

no work tomorrow or sunday

I am drunk on wine that cost less than 7.99 cunts!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Thought it was highly entertaining!
                                                                                    oh hes entertainment for sure and what hes done is amazing in a few different ways respect for that, but anyone who isnt of similar personality to him can see hes a fucking tit. Youd hate him if he wasnt famous.

Never heard of her is there an album I should start with?
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Try Sydney. No neat drinks after midnight, can't get in after 1.30, that includes not getting back in if going out for a smoke, max order four drinks at midnight, max two drinks after two.

Strangely barmen here don't seem to realise that when you immediately come back to the bar that you probably want the rest of the order they couldn't give you the first time. #prayfordenny

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkifIZPGeIg
                                                                                        Music used to be simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Music used to be simpler.
                                                                                          Orly

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Flatley's some tool lol

Here' one for you....

Comment

a few jambons be grand

Comment

i see alot about conor mcgregor chasing the ref etc but there is a clip where he clearly punches a guy who tries stop him jump the cage. assault basically. id throw the knacker in the jail dont care how much you made

Comment

Mellors locale

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                    i see alot about conor mcgregor chasing the ref etc but there is a clip where he clearly punches a guy who tries stop him jump the cage. assault basically. id throw the knacker in the jail dont care how much you made
                                                                                                    Are you running in the next election m8? We need you voted in
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

That letter looks to be written solely to be posted on social media, rather than sent to anyone in real life!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        That letter looks to be written solely to be posted on social media, rather than sent to anyone in real life!
                                                                                                        Yeah looks like nonsense. Even if you were pretending it was real why if it was immediately obvious did they waste two hours

Comment

Plus who has hourly rates that low?

Comment

I meant the description of the genre. I didn't actually listen to it, are you mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Yeah looks like nonsense. Even if you were pretending it was real why if it was immediately obvious did they waste two hours
                                                                                                              It's time alotted, so prep, interview, post discussion blah blah. There is a lot more to doing interviews than the interview itself and it wastes my time. Claim is absurd anyeay Should be easily verifiable as real or fake as VCAT is for a specific area, Victoria.

The thing that looks most fake to me is that it hasn't been folded so I assume you are right

Oh and somebody spelling their name rebekah being in charge of anything
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-11-17, 13:18.

Comment

would be sound if it was sent to a fucking recruiter

Comment

Balls deep, lol.

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                    Anyone ever been to Pompeii / Vesuvius?
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    yes

once you get inside the gates of the Pompei area, it's fine and fascinating

outside the gates is a bit scuzzy alright but you can just ignore it
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    Pompeii is incredible. You gotta go.
                                                                                                                    Bah Humbug! I'm off next week I have a pile of unused holidays to take or give up this year (Apparently I carried 27 days into this year LOL) and Pompeii would be close to the top of my list of things I'd like to do. I'm just completely weighed down with places to be and things to do that I can't get away at all.
                                                                                                                    Lucky Bastard, enjoy.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    ...while on holiday in Italy, it was great because I visited Pompeii while over there and getting to stand on the orators platform in the forum, knowing that Cicero most likely stood in that spot was absolutely amazing.
                                                                                                                    Thanks for all the advice way back in 2010. Just took me the 7 years to get around to organising it. Heading tomorrow, excite.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 11-11-17, 14:57. Reason: Bah, forgotten how to link to closed threads properly

Comment

McGregor blurring the lines between UFC and WWE. Hype, choreographed fights, more hype, ring invasions etc.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        McGregor blurring the lines between UFC and WWE. Hype, choreographed fights, more hype, ring invasions etc.
                                                                                                                        Is there even any lines to be blurred?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X