Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the Season finale of the Walking Dead. Watched on 123m... and it was only 41 minutes long. So went to shush and saw it was 100.18 or something.

SPOILER
    Pretty disappointing imo. The whole first 40 minutes was very very slow. The ending did pick it up a bit but I wasn't impressed really.

Comment

I am not seeing the reason you would want to use your phone as a Desktop. The Desktop would be quite small anyway if it is roughly only the power of your phone. The main bulk comes from the rest of the setup. What the fuck benefit is it? I presume you also can't use the phone normally when plugged into the laptop dock. The whole idea doesn't make much sense.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        This the end of the desktop PC?

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/samsung-s8-dex
        Presume nothing will happen until Apple announce something similar in four years and the world goes nuts for it.

Comment

I have a bag that my mate puked on - it's mainly leather with some fabric bits at the edges. Would a dry cleaners be able to clean it or who would be best (shoe cobbler maybe)? Bag is brown.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            I have a bag that my mate puked on - it's mainly leather with some fabric bits at the edges. Would a dry cleaners be able to clean it or who would be best (shoe cobbler maybe)? Bag is brown.
            Put it in the freezer and chip the puke off. Then put it in a plastic bag and into the washing machine. Then into a bowl of rice in hotpress
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              Put it in the freezer and chip the puke off. Then put it in a plastic bag and into the washing machine. Then into a bowl of rice in hotpress
              Years of experience speaks
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Chris Dowling putting on a good show on the FT of the IO
                20k locked up and playing a very solid game.

Comment

Woohoo. A dry cleaning question.

Yes, they will clean it for you or they should anyway. I just cleaned one myself last week. Don't try and do anything yourself, just bring it in as is

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Woohoo. A dry cleaning question.

Yes, they will clean it for you or they should anyway. I just cleaned one myself last week. Don't try and do anything yourself, just bring it in as is
                    Don't worry, that's a given

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Chris Dowling putting on a good show on the FT of the IO
                      20k locked up and playing a very solid game.
                      Watching the stream so 30 mins behind, but 25k locked up? Considering he's been getting dealt garbage all game, he's picked some spots well and be ruing not c/shoving that 107 on the 678 flop. Also pretty standard that there has only been 1 walk for the whole FT and it was Chris with KK in the BB. Sick!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Seems complicated. Think I'll leave it to the expertise of the dobby's of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                          Got thru it yesterday,was pretty good. Was one ep which I thought was pretty irrelevant toward the end but solid stuff overall
                          Well this went in a direction I hadn't expected. I only had listened to the first couple of episodes when I posted. I thought it was utterly fascinating stuff. I do have grave misgivings about whether it was right that it went to air.

Opr

Comment

Seems complicated. Think I'll leave it to the expertise of the dobby's of this world.
                            Seen it on buzzfeed m8 #lifehack

Something about the rice attracting a load of Asian cobblers
                            airport, lol

Comment

Also that reminds me - maybe it's just me but the smell in a dry cleaners is up there with petrol and freshly cut grass. Class.

Comment

It loses its appeal very fast

Comment

Baliol -30

Its the Goldman show but he'll only be making himself Monkman Fodder

Comment

This isn't doing a lot to advance the case for Scottish independence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      This isn't doing a lot to advance the case for Scottish independence.
                                      Potts's blouse is distracting them

Comment

These lads are probably slight favorites over Wolfson for the final.

Comment

Comment

One can only imagine the tantrum the manchild will throw when he sees this.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Watching the stream so 30 mins behind, but 25k locked up? Considering he's been getting dealt garbage all game, he's picked some spots well and be ruing not c/shoving that 107 on the 678 flop. Also pretty standard that there has only been 1 walk for the whole FT and it was Chris with KK in the BB. Sick!

What did you think of the exit hand? I was a bit surprised tbh.

The commentary is gas 'No offence to Moldovan Mike...' followed by yet another way of saying something rude about his play No need to be beating about the bush lads

Comment

The commentary is gas 'No offence to Moldovan Mike...' followed by yet another way of saying something rude about his play No need to be beating about the bush lads
                                                Don't think they said anything rude... Just said he was less experienced and not as good a player as the other two, which was a gross understatement. I'd say Benger couldn't believe his luck to be heads up in that spot.

Comment

Don't think Benger put a foot wrong all final table. So calm and cool throughout the game. His raise was putting Chris in the cage so i don't think he nutted to be nutted there. I think Chris also played as well as he could have given the hand distribution.

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                  Don't think they said anything rude... Just said he was less experienced and not as good a player as the other two, which was a gross understatement. I'd say Benger couldn't believe his luck to be heads up in that spot.
                                                  Agree with this. His lack of experience really shone through, and despite only playing about 5 hands HU, i think he made a mistake in them all. The last 3 shoves were all criminal. Fair play to the guy for getting HU and getting a huge payday though.

Doke and Parky did a great job all final though. A great job of the straight man and the funny one!

Comment

Ya, it looked like a total mismatch. Then again, perhaps he knew he was a big underdog so just decided to embrace the chance element and see how his look is. Not the strategy that most of us would have taken, but he was trying to level the playing field a bit I guess.

Made for an entertaining if short headsup to watch anyhow.

Comment

Thats what I meant really, Dara was being very polite but left the viewer in no doubt what he thought either

I was surprised that Chris was getting involved with Begner at all after the break with 20bb's when there was a decent chance of finding an easier spot on the table.
                                                      Then what would I know
                                                      Anyway he should be very happy with the run he had and the way he played today.

Comment

Rhiannon Giddens was mindblowingly good.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Colm Cooper retires from intercounty.

Comment

Freaky or Relaxing?

OMG and there's merch now? https://society6.com/kirstenleporeWritten, Directed, and Animated by Kirsten LeporeVoice by Garrett DavisFinal sound mix by David ...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                              Did u rob that off my fb page lol
                                                              I think it's truly mesmerizing. Love it!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Don't think Benger put a foot wrong all final table. So calm and cool throughout the game. His raise was putting Chris in the cage so i don't think he nutted to be nutted there. I think Chris also played as well as he could have given the hand distribution.

Agree with this. His lack of experience really shone through, and despite only playing about 5 hands HU, i think he made a mistake in them all. The last 3 shoves were all criminal. Fair play to the guy for getting HU and getting a huge payday though.

Doke and Parky did a great job all final though. A great job of the straight man and the funny one!

Fintan Hand's suit was ....epic. He should get a prize. Wanted him to win....

Well done to Benger.

It was a really long final table ...I didn't watch it live. But brilliant commentary from both Parkinson and Doke for over 7 hrs! So fair play.

Comment

The Norwegian princess is divorcing now ..so maybe.... they aren't in the eu though.

Comment

Colm Cooper retires from intercounty.
                                                                      Knew that was coming. When crokes won the AI that was it. Few murmurs getting louder recently too. What a player.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                        Freaky or Relaxing?
                                                                        I am a bit too Sandra Dee for that. FREAKY!

People are having all kinds of reactions. Some saying it's positive most breaking their arse laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                          Has that Fitz Festival aired yet?
                                                                          Originally posted by Jravado View Post
                                                                          Don't know actually. Kind of hope it doesn't as lad I was sitting beside was a sound man and we ended up chatting about brassers for a decent stint of the FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            6.4% unemployment now. The boom is getting boomier. Could even be sub-5% by end of the year. Not sure where all the necessary migrants from next year onwards are going to stay, given it takes 10 years to get planning permission for an apartment block in Dublin. I see the bright sparks in Dublin Council refused planning permission for 500 apartments in Sandyford yesterday that they had previously given permission for.
                                                                            Have just gotten sorted with an apartment in Limerick and we're due to move in about three weeks' time and honestly it seems like the perfect time to get out - couldn't be happier about it.

Comment

John Travolta makes a Sassy woman

"You Can't Stop The Beat" - Nikki Blonsky, Zac Efron, Amanda Bynes, Elijah Kelley, Jhon Travolta, Queen LatifahFrom the movie "Hairspray" from 2007See the ot...

Comment

Good Luck to your family on your move @Keane

Comment

...

Comment

I find that video freaky AF!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Have just gotten sorted with an apartment in Limerick and we're due to move in about three weeks' time and honestly it seems like the perfect time to get out - couldn't be happier about it.
                                                                                      I shall miss winding you up here on election day about how you should be registered to vote in Dublin.

Comment

I shall miss winding you up here on election day about how you should be registered to vote in Dublin.
                                                                                        I've taken to saying 'sure who gives a fuck what a Dub would think' directly in response to things like that

Comment

This sounds like it will be a great read, the guy who wrote it is a Dubliner with an easy laconic style who writes for Slate.com. I never heard of him before he turned up plugging the book on Start the Week this morning (link) , where he came over very well showing both a healthy scepticism for and a proper understanding of what the transhumanist movement is about.
                                                                                          Sounds to me like it would also be of interest to more here than the likes of Tara, Andy and DP who you'd expect to be reading it.

Blurb quote
                                                                                          “This gonzo-journalistic exploration of the Silicon Valley techno-utopians’ pursuit of escaping mortality is a breezy romp full of colorful characters.” —New York Times Book Review (Editor’s Choice)
                                                                                          Target audience, tech savvy folks and general sci fi heads
                                                                                          options of purchase;
                                                                                          hardcover lol
                                                                                          Ebook---first option no available on amazon, nor available on play store....
                                                                                          hmmmm
                                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

@DeadParrot.

The Hentai version of captain pugwash!

Comment

gl! Decided not to move back for that reason. Great city, but seems like way too much hassle to live in when you're not young free and single
                                                                                                really? always felt like it was a fairly easy city to live in with a family tbh.

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Target audience, tech savvy folks and general sci fi heads
                                                                                                      options of purchase;
                                                                                                      hardcover lol
                                                                                                      Ebook---first option no available on amazon, nor available on play store....
                                                                                                      hmmmm
                                                                                                      I can see it on play

Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk

and all the links from the Random House page

I've been making a point of buying books wherever possible.

Comment

It's maybe just me. It would drive me mad everyday that the city is set up where both partners have to work until 5pm in order to be able to survive, and yet the schools go 'here's your kids' at 3pm. Also the lack of level crossings and traffic lights on places where people need to cross the road. That most apartment blocks don't have a play area. And the vitally important fact that takeaway coffee is served boiling hot so you can't drink it for 20 minutes after buying it. I'm far too easily irritated and would allow these minor things to bother me everyday. Maybe in a few years though.
                                                                                                        i suppose i see it from a scaling down from cities of 10M+ whereas you're looking at it from a scaling up perspective of a 600k city to a 1.3M. basically the bigger the city the harder the logistics!

Comment

Programme on RTE on Monday night on people in various situations regarding homes was an interesting watch:

Comment

It's maybe just me. It would drive me mad everyday that the city is set up where both partners have to work until 5pm in order to be able to survive, and yet the schools go 'here's your kids' at 3pm. Also the lack of level crossings and traffic lights on places where people need to cross the road. That most apartment blocks don't have a play area. And the vitally important fact that takeaway coffee is served boiling hot so you can't drink it for 20 minutes after buying it. I'm far too easily irritated and would allow these minor things to bother me everyday. Maybe in a few years though.
                                                                                                            i know it's completely different age but this reminded me that majority of teenage pregnancies occur between 3 and 5pm when parents aren't home. Think it's in the book below. It is about why women should do sport and how great it is for them personally and socially.

Comment

@Tech heads

Have SkyGo on my laptop. Was always perfect, no buffering at all. Last month or so it is going to shite. Basically buffers every minute for about 10 secs. Not sure whether its my laptop or broadband (Virgin) but I need it sorted for the Masters on Thurs. Thoughts?

/laptop is black, broadband is wireless so I can't check the colour

Comment

If you hold the laptop at head height and stand on one leg wireless works better.

Comment

While Dublin isn't perfect, I don't think I could live anywhere else in Ireland. I absolutely love to head out to the west of Ireland, but for a long weekend or maybe a week, I couldn't live there full time. The buzz and hum of the city will always draw me back and despite some of the problems it has, it's a class city. In fact, it's not really a city, it's a large town that acts like a city but it's brilliant.

Outside of Ireland, I'm not sure where I'd want to live. For a time, I would have lived in Australia, now it is too far from family and friends for me which is probably more abut my age than anything else. I absolutely adore New York but I don't think I could work and live, I could only live there if I was wealthy enough not to have to work and if that was the case, I probably still be tax resident in Ireland and travel the world a lot. The UK doesn't appeal to me at all. London would be the only real option and I had a chance to move there a while back and after weighing it all up, it just didn't add up for me

Paris or Madrid may be a viable option but the language barrier could be a problem (albeit initially) on the work front. Outside of that, Europe wise, I could only see myself in the south of France or Italy.

Toronto would probably be a good fit and a compromise on wanting a New York type lifestyle with not as much chaos

Either way, no matter where I'd end up, if I did ever leave, I know I would miss Dublin and Ireland a lot and would want to be coming back fairly often.

Comment

Can't not post this deal here. My old work just posted up that they are selling off a showroom display fitted wardrobe.

146.5 " (3.7m) long Ash Wardrobe Unit complete with Shelving ,Rails,Drawers and Mirrors...only €950 ready for collection.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

An absolute steal!

Comment

Lao Lao has clearly given this much thought.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I could watch this for hrs!

Here's v2.0 which includes all of the previous version plus a ton more.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Lao Lao has clearly given this much thought.
                                                                                                                          I love Dublin! I like elsewhere in Ireland but wouldn't like to live anywhere else here. I like the country for little trips amazing how little of Ireland I actually have seen though. I should make more of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X