Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Fatality in Waterford now after a tree fell on a car earlier. People out and about without serious reason are mad.
    My girlfriend had s call off her friend on holiday take me in her bins so I had to do it. Said under no circumstances am I leaving the house again winds picking up now. Unfortunately many employees are afraid to not turn have no contracts or are fearful of there boss.

Comment

Headed into work this morning as normal, traffic was very light. Checked on status of most customers and the ports. Most customers closed or closing and all terminals in the port closing between 10 and 11AM.

Sorted out stuff from the US and Asia that came in overnight and then we made the decision to send everyone home. Out of there by 11AM with laptop in tow. Currently sitting on the couch trying to muster up the motivation to open said laptop and do some work.

On the way home, there was loads of people out and about. Loads of tourists about with maps, cameras, etc and others doing some shopping.

Oh and there was this guy walking down the street. There is always one...

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Yeah it's the Google Maps API that's blocking it. We gotta pay our bill...
        Presume they are going to pay up?

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
        My girlfriend had s call off her friend on holiday take me in her bins so I had to do it. Said under no circumstances am I leaving the house again winds picking up now. Unfortunately many employees are afraid to not turn have no contracts or are fearful of there boss.
        Yeah it should really have been said clearly yesterday by someone in Government that the Red warning means force majeure applies to stop people being bullied into work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
          God forbid she loses her rubbish

Comment

Working from home today, anyone who was in office has just been sent home. In what should be a busy afternoon for me, power just went.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's not the same getting off work early when you are home watching paw patrol.

Comment

ah from one of the best albums of the 2pth century.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Presume they are going to pay up?
                    Yeah someone is apparently working on that.

I really can't understate how incompetent the people here are. This happened in February and they didn't set up automated billing afterwards despite getting blasted with complaints...
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Boards getting ropey now as well.

Comment

I know this isn't now.. funny though

Comment

Comment

really looking forward to my day tomorrow .

" iv no signal , my dish blew up" etc etc .

Ill be handing out 0818 719 819 all day long while saying " sorry I am unable to make outbound calls today , unless its a sale !
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Drawbacks of living near student apartments, nare a pizza left in centra with the bastards.

Comment

Hearing some guy who went out to Cahir golf club to cut down a falling tree has been killed now

EDIT: Electrocuted trying to help the Guards get access to help someone, desperate.
                                Last edited by Keane; 16-10-17, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                  Drawbacks of living near student apartments, nare a pizza left in centra with the bastards.
                                  SPOILER
                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Come on! It's pretty exciting the idea of a once-in-half-century weather event
                                    Fatality in Waterford now after a tree fell on a car earlier. People out and about without serious reason are mad.
                                    Hearing some guy who went out to Cahir golf club to cut down a falling tree has been killed now
                                    Hmmm not really feeling the buzz hitch.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Jaysus. Nothing happening in city centre right now. Bit eerie looking out at empty streets at this time of day though.

Comment

Brother is an apprentice carpenter. He does quite a bit of roofing and I knew he was working on a roof this week.
                                          Never heard back from his last night. He just rang to say the boss had him on the roof from 7am till 10am this morning.

Comment

I'm quite bored.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Mindhunter is going to get Sopranos/The Wire/Breaking Bad sort of acclaim. Thoroughly captivating.
                                              Started watching it, really good. Getting a bit of x-files cross nacros feel to it... But to echo what your saying... very captivating, your man Big Ed is something else.
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Any looting yet in Limerick?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  I'm quite bored.
                                                  Watch mindhunters, you'll like it, science involved also.
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Pubs in town closed due to been full, live music in full flow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Hmmm not really feeling the buzz hitch.
                                                      Name change to:
                                                      The Hypocrisy.
                                                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                        Name change to:
                                                        The Hypocrisy.
                                                        Might get a good quiz team name outta it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          Jaysus. Nothing happening in city centre right now. Bit eerie looking out at empty streets at this time of day though.
                                                          Yeah hopefully it will die off by the time it gets up to ye. We're quite sheltered in our place so not really feeling the effects very much but a lot of damage around the city from falling/flying trees etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                            Started watching it, really good. Getting a bit of x-files cross nacros feel to it... But to echo what your saying... very captivating, your man Big Ed is something else.
                                                            His scenes are so tense. He's so unerringly calm and polite, but at the same time you're half expecting him to snap at any point. The few times he gets up and touches Holden it genuinely sent a shudder through me, exceptionally creepy.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Any looting yet in Limerick?
                                                                Nothing above par yet for a Monday.

Comment

cops here in town shut down Tesco and Paddy Power.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Won’t direct any clicks their way but headline from indo,category 5 trolling
                                                                    Hurricane Ophelia has nothing to do with climate change - Kerry TD Danny Healy-Rae

Comment

The oh look weather! = climate change is far stupider.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        "You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API"

Wow lots of people mashing F5 today.
                                                                        free quota in use?
                                                                        Or PAYG?
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

NOTHING is stupidererer than Danny Healy Rae.

Comment

Oh with you on that but media falling for it again and will make a big deal of his comments

Comment

...

Comment

Passage west, Cork.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Frank was making the opposite point! A single weather event clearly has no relevance to climate change, and pretending it does just gives succor to the lunatics that support those kerry freaks. Now if Ophelia was happening every week ...
                                                                                  NOTHING is stupiderer than Danny Healy Rae

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

tea shaker, Leo Vad Raker

rigger giving sky irish lessons

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        It's not the same getting off work early when you are home watching paw patrol.
                                                                                        Snap except Im working from home so i'm this guy today, only without the nannys help

Comment

Cork city were due to play Derry tonight with a win seeing them crowned champions. Game was cancelled and foxed for tomorrow night. Wonder will it still go ahead after one of the stands collapsed?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            Won’t direct any clicks their way but headline from indo,category 5 trolling
                                                                                            Hurricane Ophelia has nothing to do with climate change - Kerry TD Danny Healy-Rae
                                                                                            God is clearly unleashing his wrath on Kerry to get him to shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                              Thought you were replying to Sitch's hurricane post until i got to the Ed bit!

Comment

Weather has been great outside most of the day actually. Feels like a waste sitting inside.

Comment

Jesus its horrific out there

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Cork city were due to play Derry tonight with a win seeing them crowned champions. Game was cancelled and foxed for tomorrow night. Wonder will it still go ahead after one of the stands collapsed?

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Not sure if serious

No chance whatsoever. H&S will rule it out

Comment

Two of the trees overhanging my house down already, no damage to cars or buildings so far. Power been gone since 1pm, esb already saying 10% will still be disconnected in 10 days time
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

EDIT: Electrocuted trying to help the Guards get access to help someone, desperate.
                                                                                                        Unfortunately a man in his early 30s died but not at or near the golf club and wasnt electroucuted nor was he helping the guards. Chainshaw accident clearing trees.

Comment

Idealogical based denial of the absolutely bleedin obvious is a category beyond stupid.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                            Unfortunately a man in his early 30s died but not at or near the golf club and wasnt electroucuted nor was he helping the guards. Chainshaw accident clearing trees.
                                                                                                            When I heard the story it was a few hours ago from someone with a family member in the local guards so guess details got garbled.

Bad stuff all the same.

Comment

Mr Robot - Season 3 episode one out in the usual places

That's some of tonight's viewing sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                Not sure if serious

No chance whatsoever. H&S will rule it out
                                                                                                                Lol. No..should 100% be called off.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Mr Robot - Season 3 episode one out in the usual places

That's some of tonight's viewing sorted.
                                                                                                                  Downloaded the wire to rewatch it last week. Halfway through season 2 so sorted for today

Comment

Border looking fairly hard already.....

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Idealogical based denial of the absolutely bleedin obvious is a category beyond stupid.
                                                                                                                      Are you saying that climate change is the obvious reason for weather? Weather gunna weather.

Comment

Schools closed again tomorrow, Richard Bruton tweeting about it.

Comment

Schools closed again tomorrow, Richard Bruton tweeting about it.
                                                                                                                          Yeah gonna be a big headwrecker for many tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X