Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Presume we're grand in Dublin city?

Are the boards weather nerds loving this, or are they just into snow?
    Red status is nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      seems interesting and is on the list as a target for next spring. Want to keep the stabilizers on for a little while first.
      My two favourites are Glen of Aherlow

and the Burren

Neither are very difficult
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lost all respect for Met Eireann the other day when they put a graphic saying 'highest temperatures 17 - 20/21 degrees'.
        Last edited by Guest; 15-10-17, 20:50.

Comment

When you're told by your boss you're still working tomorrow my insurance better not be invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Presume if schools are shut then work also shuts most places?
            Feels like government have undercooked the warnings for this one,a lot of people seem to still be considering/or feel they have to going to work tomorrow. Gonna be severe power outages ,will be places out for days depending on how widespread
            All the banter merchants looking to recycle the knocked over garden chair meme on Facebook are in for a shock
            Last edited by Guest; 15-10-17, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              Presume we're grand in Dublin city?

Are the boards weather nerds loving this, or are they just into snow?
              They are in heaven,mind you for once all their dramatics are probably justified

Comment

Good site to track the storm models

Live wind, rain, radar or temperature maps, more than 50 weather layers, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models with high resolution

Comment

Met using Phenomenal to describe the seas around us tomorrow.

Been hearing the Shipping forecast all my life and I never heard that before, its the highest rating on the Douglas sea scale used to describe swells of > 14 M

I presume all shipping will have had plenty of time to get out of the way.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah they are loving it but as PSV says while the snowpocalypse wet dream stuff is fun this really looks like it could be nightmare stuff. It is a CAT3 hurricane on a direct course for Ireland. I guess we just don't have anything to really compare that to in real terms so it probably seems quite abstract for most of us but it seems like some serious shit. Dublin will probably be grand but guessing it doesn't taking much for it to track a little further east and change things significantly.

Opr

Comment

It's great craic altogether what with all the Gail Platt memes on WhatsApp
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Finally get a new thread title after 16000 posts.

What's the craic with not going to work tomorrow? Would love a day off but only work a 10 minute drive away so probably wouldn't get away with it. Can you just say red alert gotta stay indoors sorry

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

What's the craic with not going to work tomorrow? Would love a day off but only work a 10 minute drive away so probably wouldn't get away with it. Can you just say red alert gotta stay indoors sorry
                          Bet you'd take the day off if it was a muslamic hurricane wha?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Dublin bus on notice Luas the same
                              Just had a look at the news. The weather girl has her cans in for tomorrow. Her tone in delivery was brilliant
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Crèche just text that they are closed tomorrow.
                                Maybe I should take the washing in
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My private bus operator planning to run a full service anyhow. I'll get in grand, if all buses are cancelled on the way out I'll have to take refuge in the pub for a few hours probably!

Comment

If you're travelling tmrw for a standard day of work or something non essential you are a fucking idiot. Stay in and stay safe.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Mia across the road with her friend whos 11doing their xmas lists, she hardly would still believe aged 12? bluff?

Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        Yeah they are loving it but as PSV says while the snowpocalypse wet dream stuff is fun this really looks like it could be nightmare stuff. It is a CAT3 hurricane on a direct course for Ireland. I guess we just don't have anything to really compare that to in real terms so it probably seems quite abstract for most of us but it seems like some serious shit. Dublin will probably be grand but guessing it doesn't taking much for it to track a little further east and change things significantly.

Opr
                                        Yeah I wasn't paying any attention at all but slowly seems to be getting more serious. My office is closed tomorrow, can't really work from home either in case there's a power outage. Had people over on Friday night who basically cleared out my fridge and freezer. Hope the local shops are open early tomorrow!

Don't think it'll be at the stage where we need to start filling up baths of water though.
                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-17, 21:46.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Met using Phenomenal to describe the seas around us tomorrow.

Been hearing the Shipping forecast all my life and I never heard that before, its the highest rating on the Douglas sea scale used to describe swells of > 14 M

I presume all shipping will have had plenty of time to get out of the way.
                                            Most ships should be out of the way of the storm by now and will stay in another port rather than travel to either Cork or Dublin.

I am still expecting a significant number of people complaining tomorrow about their shipments being late, Sigh.

Comment

Despite all the warnings you just know that there'll be at least one poor fool out walking the dog or out for a run that by tomorrow evening will be labeled a casualty on the news. I've come across the 'a bit of wind' types all day.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                Despite all the warnings you just know that there'll be at least one poor fool out walking the dog or out for a run that by tomorrow evening will be labeled a casualty on the news. I've come across the 'a bit of wind' types all day.
                                                A lot of people on boards talking about being threatened by bosses to come into work or else. For such vital services as leisure centres etc.

Comment

How serious is this weather stuff? Beautiful day outside in Hobart and going up to MONA.

If it wasn't for the whole wife\kids\family stuff, I'd be very tempted to stay.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Ah. Came in to post that too P+F. Is that right?

Of course it's not true, do you think the news wouldn't report it and some random on twitter would be the only person to know.

You probably shouldn't drive near trees in high winds tho.....

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        A lot of people on boards talking about being threatened by bosses to come into work or else. For such vital services as leisure centres etc.
                                                        We all got told to work from home, age of the internet

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          We all got told to work from home, age of the internet
                                                          Quite surprised we didn't hear anything as we can all work remotely.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                              Of course it's not true, do you think the news wouldn't report it and some random on twitter would be the only person to know.

You probably shouldn't drive near trees in high winds tho.....
                                                              Someone I know who works in the insurance industry says that storm damage isn't covered in a hurricane, so if a tree hit your car for example. Act of god and all that shit.

Comment

France, Ireland, Austria now all have leaders under 40. Austria's leader is 31. That just seems awfully young.
                                                                Shameless brag but my wife and i thought I was doing well when a randomer not associated with where I work recognised me tonight and knew who I was but nothing to the level of this austrian leader

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  Friend just rang she is vaping 5 years, in her job today (clerical in a hospital) they had a health and wellness day yolk. They all got tested for Diabetes, BMI, other stuff etc .

All the smokers were pulled aside to blow into the machine thing.Her friend a smoker hit 12 on the machine. my friend came up as a non smoker 1-6 is rated as non smoker she was a 2. Thats fantastic to hear. Shame its not out there in the media more.
                                                                  I am generally one of those people that spends eights months abusing my body and then four months trying to pull myself back into some kind of shape. Usually that starts with getting a bit of cardiovascular fitness back with some running. I usually do a 5k run at a slow pace to start which normally when starting off would have me stopping to catch breath at least 4-5 times and feel like I am about to die by the time I finish. This year I whipped round 5k with no problem and felt great when finishing. The only difference is that I have been vaping instead of smoking almost a year.

It is funny when you tell people that you don't smoke anymore but you do vape. Most of them look at you with a mixture of derision and puzzlement as if they don't see the difference and generally follow it up with a line of questioning that I always find has strong undertones that they believe you are completely self deluded in thinking it is any better than smoking. I do laugh it off but it becomes quite annoying.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Bet you'd take the day off if it was a muslamic hurricane wha?
                                                                    Why? Would that one be more dangerous than Ophelia?

Slightly NSFW here

SPOILER

Comment

Sigh in London and missing the bit of breeze. Flight back tomorrow afternoon, good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Sigh in London and missing the bit of breeze. Flight back tomorrow afternoon, good laugh.
                                                                        Aren't they all cancelled?
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Lol. GL getting that flight

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Aren't they all cancelled?

Nothing official from ryanair yet. But very doubtful we'll be flying. 5.30 pm LGW to DUB seems to be near the centre of the carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              I am generally one of those people that spends eights months abusing my body and then four months trying to pull myself back into some kind of shape. Usually that starts with getting a bit of cardiovascular fitness back with some running. I usually do a 5k run at a slow pace to start which normally when starting off would have me stopping to catch breath at least 4-5 times and feel like I am about to die by the time I finish. This year I whipped round 5k with no problem and felt great when finishing. The only difference is that I have been vaping instead of smoking almost a year.

It is funny when you tell people that you don't smoke anymore but you do vape. Most of them look at you with a mixture of derision and puzzlement as if they don't see the difference and generally follow it up with a line of questioning that I always find has strong undertones that they believe you are completely self deluded in thinking it is any better than smoking. I do laugh it off but it becomes quite annoying.

Opr
                                                                              I'm still vaping away and am about to run a marathon. Go figure.

Couldn't run 50m when I smoked.

Last weekend I drove to the Phoenix park, vaped on the way there, took a puff before warming up then ran almost 33km.

It's a world away from smoking tobacco.

Comment

First ep of Mindhunter is a bit of a drag. Expect it to get better.

Comment

Just put the bins out, not even a hint of a mild breeze. Mad to think that in under 12 hours, those bins could be on the roof.

Comment

Cityjet cancelled flight as expected 2moro, anyone in london want a free night in park plaza westminster?
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

@GAB, Sugar Loaf is nice and relatively handy, the type of thing you can do after work (albeit you'd have to wait until the spring now for the longer evenings)

Comment

We got the standard 'don't come in if unsafe', don't see why anyone travelling within the M50 shouldn't go to work though.

Comment

Nothing official from ryanair yet. But very doubtful we'll be flying. 5.30 pm LGW to DUB seems to be near the centre of the carnage.
                                                                                          Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                          Cityjet cancelled flight as expected 2moro, anyone in london want a free night in park plaza westminster?
                                                                                          bbv, solving problems since 2010

Comment

Would be some laugh doing Deliveroo on the bike tomorrow.

I'm 100% going to go to work though, either walking or cycling, at worst it will be a laugh.

Also if there is any updates on the WCQ regarding when the draw for who is home/away first and I am all ears
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

co worker who has to travel ( im obv 2 mins away) snapped me earlier , em do you think the kiosks will be closed tomorrow , while also mentioning she was on a nice date.

phone rightly switched off now they can GTFO unless its really worth my while

im onto my second bottle here sky can fuck right off if they think I am gonna cover tomorrow !

dont be surprised if i post tomorrow around 1pm , currently standing in an empty shopping centre,

SPOILER
                                                                                              CAUSE I'm a pussy!!!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                We got the standard 'don't come in if unsafe', don't see why anyone travelling within the M50 shouldn't go to work though.
                                                                                                Seriously ok say you work in Dublin city center no bother sure no trees can fall on me. How about a roof slate that weighs a few pounds coming down on someone’s head I’m sure at the funeral a great eulogy would be said praising the work ethic.

Comment

White supremacist and leader of the alt-right movement Richard Spencer revealed that he doesn't think women should have the right to vote during a recent interview.

The alt right doesn't think women should vote. And this 'en mass democracy' in general is not on.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    I'll have to take refuge in the pub for a few hours probably!
                                                                                                    You might have to Tuesday too .... But sure what can be done!?

Comment

I think I will do a beauty day tomorrow ... Plus if power goes I can't really work.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        My private bus operator planning to run a full service anyhow. I'll get in grand, if all buses are cancelled on the way out I'll have to take refuge in the pub for a few hours probably!
                                                                                                        Heh? If couldnt get to work, surely the pubs be closed also?
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It's about time we got some proper weather shit. Rain and wind with the occasional cracking day is boring. Bring this shit on. Fuck Charlie and the snows of the 80s. Give me carnage.

Comment

Is it wrong that I feel like a child at xmas ? I have drank so much Im afraid I might miss it
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                              It's about time we got some proper weather shit. Rain and wind with the occasional cracking day is boring. Bring this shit on. Fuck Charlie and the snows of the 80s. Give me carnage.
                                                                                                              Official HD Music Video for “Thunderstruck” by AC/DCListen to AC/DC: https://ACDC.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to AC/DC on YouTube: https://ACDC.lnk.to/subscribe...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                Good thunderstorm badly needed too. None of this sheet lightening crap. Proper forks of electric pain with rumbles like a bin truck crashing into your sitting room.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                  Good thunderstorm badly needed too. None of this sheet lightening crap. Proper forks of electric pain with rumbles like a bin truck crashing into your sitting room.
                                                                                                                  This is the only suitable soundtrack i can think of for that.

The title won't make sense ....but listening to it will

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                    This is the only suitable soundtrack i can think of for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9M2oTHa3GM
                                                                                                                    That is shite m8.

Comment

It's not CH it's actually genius...........you just don't like it.

have some wagner .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0nzmqp47A

we should enjoy the electrickery while we still have it...

Comment

storm tunes...

When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin whoo hoo!Lyrics:If it keeps on rainin, levees goin to break,If it keeps on rainin, levees goin to break,When the levee ...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          Is it wrong that I feel like a child at xmas ?
                                                                                                                          Given that this will likely lead to some people losing their homes and possible fatalities yes it's pretty wrong.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X