Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Off to keep the country running

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          Mia across the road with her friend whos 11doing their xmas lists, she hardly would still believe aged 12? bluff?

She will be bluffing, no kid her age, even a culchie will believe! And if she does then she needs a talking too as she will be made fun of voicing that opinion at school!

We had this convo years ago when we weren't sure about Lucie and she was in 6th class. She was one of the youngest in her class and we were told something similar by the all knowing BBV

Comment

Just before you all blow away.. the eldest has finally mentioned what she wants for Christmas. An ipad. Now she said a second hand one as she knows rightly she aint getting a new one! I loath the products.

I am not up on the ole apple stuff and don't want to get something that wont be supported six months down the line.

Would the ipad 3 be recent enough?

thanks in advance folks, stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Yeah I've had people from outside Europe asking me had I put covers on the windows

I hadn't even been down the shop

Thankfully my local place was empty this morning when it opened.
              Nothing like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Yeah I've had people from outside Europe asking me had I put covers on the windows

I hadn't even been down the shop

Thankfully my local place was empty this morning when it opened.
                Nothing like this.

For one day? it's like Christmas overstocking lol. Buy some extra milk and bread lol

Comment

Seem to be seeing the first little hints here in Limerick. Shitloads of birds struggling in along the Shannon. Wind picking up in little gusts.

Can see an unusual amount of detritus swirling around, and it's really warm.

I think we're going to see something anyway. Have to admit like SatNav I can't help but be excited, stay safe everyone #opheliarmageddon

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    For one day? it's like Christmas overstocking lol. Buy some extra milk and bread lol
                    I suppose if you're somewhere rural there's a good chance of being out of power for a few days. I stocked up on some cured meats and cheeses just in case

Comment

Comment

STORMAGEDDON - WW signup for other place for those stuck at home.

Quick fire all over in one day game!

Pure vanilla speed game for all you folks stuck at home and ones who are just WW junkies! Stick the names below and will get started in a couple of hours :D

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Seem to be seeing the first little hints here in Limerick. Shitloads of birds struggling in along the Shannon. Wind picking up in little gusts.

Can see an unusual amount of detritus swirling around, and it's really warm.

I think we're going to see something anyway. Have to admit like SatNav I can't help but be excited, stay safe everyone #opheliarmageddon
                          Im off to bed, hope the roof stays on the gaff.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            bbv, solving problems since 2010
                            By all means use away if its any addition.PM me your name if you do want at any stage and I will let them know you are checking in.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-10-17, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                France, Ireland, Austria now all have leaders under 40. Austria's leader is 31. That just seems awfully young.
                                Hitler's was 31 when he became leader of the Nazi's. Better keep an eye on that Austrian bloke.

Comment

Mate who works for Aer Lingus reckons he landed in 50 knot gusts several times in the winter storms of recent years, and the forecast from 14:00 to 17:00 is 35 gusting 55 so numbers wise for Dublin it doesn't look that much worse than the storms of winter 13/14.

Just doing some research there and Feb 14th 2014 had mean 10 minute peak of 48kts with max gusts of 66 at the Dublin Airport station which is well in excess of today's forecast. I wonder why so much hype?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Mate who works for Aer Lingus reckons he landed in 50 knot gusts several times in the winter storms of recent years, and the forecast from 14:00 to 17:00 is 35 gusting 55 so numbers wise for Dublin it doesn't look that much worse than the storms of winter 13/14.

Just doing some research there and Feb 14th 2014 had mean 10 minute peak of 48kts with max gusts of 66 at the Dublin Airport station which is well in excess of today's forecast. I wonder why so much hype?
                                      There are thousands of houses without power already, trees and sheds gone and it has hardly even started yet.

Comment

Comment

Still calm in Dublin. Most of us in the office, though heading home at lunch for safety. Due to kick off up here around 1pm or so, right?

Comment

Michael Collins took office at 31 and he was a bit of a trouble-maker aswell
                                            Kim Jong Un is another one, bleeding upstart.
                                            A week before his 30th Birthday that fella became Supreme Leader.
                                            His age is disputed, so possibably 1 or 2 years younger.

Comment

Starting to pick up down here in west cork over the last half a hour,not batshit crazy stuff as yet but would expect this map to fill up as the day progresses.

ESB Networks PowerCheck application provides access to real-time service interruption at your fingertips. View power cut information in a map view.
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Went into work, on the way home now, hopefully get paid for the full day and everyone wins (mostly me though).

Comment

Need to get home to make me some paperclips.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                    Still calm in Dublin. Most of us in the office, though heading home at lunch for safety. Due to kick off up here around 1pm or so, right?
                                                    If you use the Luas, you'd want to head for it now https://www.luas.ie/travel-updates/
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Luas winding down from now onwards (thanks for the notice Luas!) - guess it's time to plan a move home!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        Went into work, on the way home now, hopefully get paid for the full day and everyone wins (mostly me though).
                                                        Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        Luas winding down from now onwards (thanks for the notice Luas!) - guess it's time to plan a move home!
                                                        WTF. I thought ye would both have more sense.

A friend showed me a video clip of a sheet of corrugated iron whipping around his folks back garden in Kerry in 2014. It ended up embedded into a shed wall.
                                                        When you see that you know not to be taking completely unnecessary risks.

Why would people go into a city/town unprepared and unused to severe wind gusts just to login and pretend like you were working and knowing it's going to be a logistical nightmare to get home later in the day as public transport inevitably ceases. Fair enough if you're a fireman or an emergency response person but for office drones you need your head examined.

If you're stuck for a day's pay you ain't that important. The good news is this thing seems to be staying west but Irish people are taking that as an excuse to do silly things rather than be grateful.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Someone I know who works in the insurance industry says that storm damage isn't covered in a hurricane, so if a tree hit your car for example. Act of god and all that shit.
                                                          Still not true tho but best not to drive in it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                            Starting to pick up down here in west cork over the last half a hour,not batshit crazy stuff as yet but would expect this map to fill up as the day progresses.

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powe...all-centre.htm
                                                            I work for ESB atm. My job today is to periodically refresh this page and make sure it's working.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Went in, collected the laptop, went home. Not sure why I bothered really.

Comment

Comment

Two lads in Dundalk went out kite-surfing and had to be rescued. You'd kinda hope they were bitch-slapped a bit by the rescuers.
                                                                  Selfish pricks really.

Comment

Weston offered us all a spot in a hangar for the night. Fair play.

Comment

My mate flying to Jamaica on honeymoon at 11 this morn, nice handy flight I'd say

Comment

Two lads in Dundalk went out kite-surfing and had to be rescued. You'd kinda hope they were bitch-slapped a bit by the rescuers.
                                                                        I think in certain disasters in the us the rescue services give fair warning and then say you are in your own. Those wankers should have been left to there own devices. Partner works in ebs in Navan it’s not bad here just bit windy were given the come in if it’s safe? They came in some commuting 30-40miles told to go home. Most of the town is closing from a pr point of view an employee getting hurt badly or killed going to some bloody job the company would look rediculous.

Comment

will never have this golf game figured out , drove the par 4 and then hit the putt into a nearby industrial estate . Can't always be the conditions

Comment

Surprised they can fit everything in the hangars!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              I work for ESB atm. My job today is to periodically refresh this page and make sure it's working.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                Went in, collected the laptop, went home. Not sure why I bothered really.
                                                                                Pretty much this.
                                                                                I did bring home muffins and breakfast rolls so feeling like a bit of a hero
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some good deeds from businesses around helping homeless people etc, nice to see. Even a small gesture from the Irish Times removing their pay wall counter (10 articles a week or something) so people can check the latest news.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                    Surprised they can fit everything in the hangars!
                                                                                    It's a bit of a squeeze for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Just before you all blow away.. the eldest has finally mentioned what she wants for Christmas. An ipad. Now she said a second hand one as she knows rightly she aint getting a new one! I loath the products.

I am not up on the ole apple stuff and don't want to get something that wont be supported six months down the line.

Would the ipad 3 be recent enough?

thanks in advance folks, stay safe!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-IPad-...2Cp_89%3AApple

Anyone?

Comment

Went for an auld cycle a bit ago in Dubland and totally fine, working at 3 and don't think I'll brave the bike for that one.

WCQ info has been released re:home/away games
                                                                                        First of all, a team will be drawn from pot 1, and then another from pot 2. Both balls will then be placed into a third pot. Both balls in pot 3 will then be mixed up again and then drawn one after the other. The team drawn first will be at home in the first leg. The same procedure will then be repeated for the remaining balls in the two pots.

No mention of which dates which games will be on but one game will be 9th/12th, other 10th/13th, other 11th/14th.

Just in case others want to instantly book flights to cover the 3 days too.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Another day in Surrey then, not the worst spot though sisters may kill each other - Day 4 is usually their limit.

Comment

I see Kevin Cadle died. Never much of an NFL fan but remember him anchoring all the Bulls' NBA wins on Sky back in the 90's.

Comment

...

Comment

Andy asleep at the wheel

Comment

Work off,beers in,hope power stays up or it’s cold beans for dinner.
                                                                                                  Out on beach,ominous cloud formations but not gonna hit for another 2 hours. Boards lads wetting themselves over some bunting being blown away at the moment

Comment

One job Andy...

Comment

Andy asleep at the wheel
                                                                                                      "You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API"

Wow lots of people mashing F5 today.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Your're doings gods work andy,picking up big time down this neck of the woods,still looks like south kerry getting a fair battering https://www.windy.com/?52.429,-8.262,5,m:e8ZafVt
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

And Sean Hughes dead at 51. Always wondered what he was doing wasting his talent on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Seems he needed the show for drinking money, sadly. His early shows put the likes of Dara and Ed Byrne to shame imo.
                                                                                                          Ed Byrne should be put to death. I Brian is hilarious a pause and a ehhhh before every joke fuck off.

Comment

Just finished it now. Did kinda grin at the end!
                                                                                                            the white person smile
                                                                                                            video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                                            I've to organise a stag late November, early Dec. It's a mixed bag of people from shy and retiring non drinkers, to oldies, to your average "pub for a few drinks would be grand" types.

Does anywhere exist that would do organised board games for a private group allowing or providing beer and some snacks? Not drinking games.

...Or should I just check out Adventure Rooms?

Edit:

Dublin. Grooms wedding suit is brownish tweed.
                                                                                                            Personally don't know anything but would be surprised if there wasn't a service that would do that here

Comment

Just put in a limit order for €5k worth of an ETF with some exposure to Bitcoin; horrible feeling that I've seriously missed the boat here but on the other hand if even half of the hype is true who knows what will happen. It's actually this one: ARK Web x.0 ETF (ARKW:AMEX) and Bitcoin is only 5% of the holdings, but related tech stocks (also probably in a serious bubble! Feckin' Tesla on the list) make up the rest and should go up when the crypto market does.

I'm guessing I'm the first Davy client to go for it as they need to set it up for me on the system!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  "You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API"

Wow lots of people mashing F5 today.
                                                                                                                  Someone posted a screen grab of that on boards and it said something like 'you can pay us for a bigger quota'

Comment

And Sean Hughes dead at 51. Always wondered what he was doing wasting his talent on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Seems he needed the show for drinking money, sadly. His early shows put the likes of Dara and Ed Byrne to shame imo.
                                                                                                                    Must be tough watching hacks like Bishop,manford ,macyntyre coining it
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 16-10-17, 11:44.

Comment

Fatality in Waterford now after a tree fell on a car earlier. People out and about without serious reason are mad.

Comment

Just passed a bunch sitting outside sipping pints at a hotel in sligo

Comment

Someone posted a screen grab of that on boards and it said something like 'you can pay us for a bigger quota'
                                                                                                                          Yeah it's the Google Maps API that's blocking it. We gotta pay our bill...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X