Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Why oh why did I make that first paperclip? Up to 2.8 billion now and have it down to a fine art.

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/
      Cunt

Comment

These unwashed masses are mere slaves to my slick paperclip marketing.
        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

Holy shit stranger things is unbelievable

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is it scary? Only thing that's held me off it.
                  Bless your cotton socks m8.
                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

SPOILER

There's that pic from yesterday, unbelievable setting for a city.

Now off to see Michael D unveiling a statue. Tax euros in action at the bottom of the world.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        Woody Allen is full blown nonce.hes been accused by his own biological daughter of abuse when she was 7 and seems like there’s plenty evidence
                        For decades, Dylan Farrow’s claims of abuse at the hands of her adopted father, which he refutes, have been systematically distorted. The author of two heavily vetted investigative reports weighs in with the cold, hard facts.

His son(or maybe sinatras son) also wrote an article about it which is very good on why the media don’t dig into this kind of stiff(all about the access)

Despite Dylan Farrow's damning allegations of sexual abuse, the director of Cannes' opening film today remains beloved by stars, paid by Amazon and rarely interrogated by media as his son, Ronan Farrow, writes about the culture of acquiescence surrounding his father.

CK thing has a lot of traction too,multiple accusers including a onetime collaborator.he has addressed the allegations and not exactly come out with anything resembling a denial

Don’t think I’ve ever laughed at anything in a Woody Allen film,absolute shite
                        A huge number of men who are in showbiz ..consider it to be a legit perk of the job. It's a rule unto itself.

Terry Prone was talking about it all here on the Late Late.

The liberal side of is just as bad as the Trumps of this world. I think the left and right suffer a cognitive dissonance. The right can't remember making his gf have an abortion but is open about groping saying it's the way real world works.

The left can't face it's own sexual misconduct but is open about abortion being a part of the real world. Both look like hypocrisy to me.

I would say Weinstein has been getting his lawyers to pass envelopes to cops for years.

Oliver stone Ben Affleck etc all accused.

James Van Der Beek now says he was abused by older powerful men when he was just a kid.

One of the Drama courses i did here full time ...had a dodgy teacher ...awful guy....youngish girls .....it sets the tone....some geezers think it's just a cool place to hang by ..they use it too....you'll lose your spot etc

I don't think it will ever change.
                        Last edited by Guest; 14-10-17, 02:41.

Comment

Why oh why did I make that first paperclip? Up to 2.8 billion now and have it down to a fine art.

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/
                          That's nothing I can now french braid my own hair in pig tails ...inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            5/10 Holdem going at the moment.

Chris Dowling
                            Blaaaaah
                            Alex T
                            Andy Black
                            Patrick Clarke
                            Kevin Malone
                            Couple of foreigners

Runs till midnight I think.

https://www.twitch.tv/cashgamefestival
                            Needs more cosplay ....

Comment

El Presidente at work. First time I actually listened to him speak in person, highly erudite. Although he thoroughly baffled by the locals each time he expostulated as Gaeilge.

SPOILER

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Off into London to see my beloved team errr Spurs. Hattrick would be nice Harry.
                                Would appreciate if no-one else captained him in Fantasy Football so I get max value for my ticket price.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  El Presidente at work. First time I actually listened to him speak in person, highly erudite. Although he thoroughly baffled by the locals each time he expostulated as Gaeilge.

SPOILER

I see they still have a ghost problem in Hobart. Hopefully they can figure out a solution.

Comment

Last minute shoutout if anyone fancies a freebie ticket for the Leinster rugby match. A season ticket holder has just given me his two tickets so if anyone wants to meet me at the RDS at 12.40ish you can have the pleasure of listening to me roaring and giving out for two hours.

Shoot me a PM or reply here if interested.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Is it scary? Only thing that's held me off it.
                                      Weak heart. Thank fuck Friday 13th is over and Freddie didn't appear.
                                      Don't be such a pussy! weak heart me hole! It is very enjoyable

Comment

The pilot episode to David Finchers Mindhunter is seriously good.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone have any insight or leeway into Store Street Garda station? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmick LDO View Post
                                            Anyone have any insight or leeway into Store Street Garda station? Asking for a friend.
                                            Yep I am a big wheel down there ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Don't be such a pussy! weak heart me hole! It is very enjoyable
                                              Actually what are genuinely scary films??? Recommendations? For like a party or something...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                Actually what are genuinely scary films??? Recommendations? For like a party or something...
                                                It Follows, The Visit and Geralds Game are all decent

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmick LDO View Post
                                                  Stab someone in the area. Should get you in fairly quick

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    It Follows, The Visit and Geralds Game are all decent
                                                    Actually 'The Visit', looked REALLY creepy thanks

Comment

How the fuck is the rds not packed for a fixture like this? Poor form tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        How the fuck is the rds not packed for a fixture like this? Poor form tbh.
                                                        I literally couldn't give away a ticket. Rugby may have reached peaked saturation.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          I literally couldn't give away a ticket. Rugby may have reached peaked saturation.
                                                          Gutted. Would've gladly come over for the game.

Comment

The price of paperclips has gone up
                                                            Monopolies are great
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Compare the buzz for Champions League in Football to the Rugby Champions cup.

Literally nothing is done to create a buzz for the Rugby. Lack of domestic TV coverage kills any interest in it I think.

The tournament will be on its knees within 3 years I think.

They tried something different with the Pro 12 bringing in South African teams. That ain't working because again, there wasn't any proper hype brought to it.

Comment

Would have loved to, just not possible I'm afraid

Comment

Well that game was about as shit as expected

Comment

Nandolo is some athlete in fairness. Interesting last 20 coming up!

Comment

As a casual rugby viewer I wouldn't watch the Celtic league or whatever it's called in a fit. It is dire stuff. European Cup is usually extremely boring also, with the odd watchable game thrown in. International for whatever reason seems to be miles more entertaining.

Comment

That was a cracker of a game. Unreal result for Leinster. Robbie the oldest guy in the back line for most of the 2nd half. Kids all over the park versus a superb team of huge men. Plus Sexton, SOB, Fardy and others out injured. In a very tough group that's a huge result.

Comment

In a pub called the Black Sheep. Pubs have changed since I used to go to pubs.

Comment

Tony Bloom, what an operator

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Tony Bloom, what an operator
                                                                              The Roger Charlton interview before the race said it all.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                Compare the buzz for Champions League in Football to the Rugby Champions cup.

Literally nothing is done to create a buzz for the Rugby. Lack of domestic TV coverage kills any interest in it I think.

The tournament will be on its knees within 3 years I think.

They tried something different with the Pro 12 bringing in South African teams. That ain't working because again, there wasn't any proper hype brought to it.
                                                                                Lack of domestic TV is biggest factor I would imagine.

Comment

That was a cracker of a game. Unreal result for Leinster. Robbie the oldest guy in the back line for most of the 2nd half. Kids all over the park versus a superb team of huge men. Plus Sexton, SOB, Fardy and others out injured. In a very tough group that's a huge result.
                                                                                  Think Cruden would have swung it possibly for Mont he takes the ball so flat. Some conveyor of talent in Leinster. Think whole forward pack was from the academy.

Comment

Watford 9/2 worth a punt?

Comment

Love this guy!

Comment

Watford 9/2 worth a punt?
                                                                                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Yep
                                                                                          Cleverly finally good for something. Wasn't watching, Arsenal unlucky?

Comment

Cleverly finally good for something. Wasn't watching, Arsenal unlucky?
                                                                                            Not really. Dubious penalty to Watford to equalise but Arsenal ran out of ideas and Watford the better team for the last 20 mins. Gomez made a couple of decent saves to keep them in the game, but was a poor performance from Arsenal.

Comment

Watched Bambi today, for the second time since seeing it in a cinema in the 1970's. Didn't make me cry this time

Followed by American Psycho. Finally getting all those 'returning some videotapes' references I didn't get for the last decade or so.
                                                                                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 14-10-17, 20:43.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Downstairs in Bruxelles rock bar, Stuart Lancaster here, loves the rock!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  Downstairs in Bruxelles rock bar, Stuart Lancaster here, loves the rock!
                                                                                                  I have a soft spot for it. Never had a bad session there.

In the late 90s there used to be a mod night downstairs too (on the other side right as you hit the bottom of the stairs) on Sunday.

Soul, 60s r'n'b, garage, a bit of funk. It was a lively affair.

Comment

Had a few pince with Zod and Afb tonight. Was class. Zod said yer all cunce

Comment

That James Brown doc on Netflix 'Mr. Dynamite' is sooo good.

Damn I wish that scene was happening now.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Watched Bambi today, for the second time since seeing it in a cinema in the 1970's. Didn't make me cry this time

Followed by American Psycho. Finally getting all those 'returning some videotapes' references I didn't get for the last decade or so.
                                                                                                        Interesting segue. Freudian.

Comment

I'm up to 1.5 sextillion paperclips. Handy way to learn large numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                            Mine was 525 last year, renewal came in at 650 (with the AA) every other quote I got came in higher again. I'm driving over 20 years, full licence, no penalty points and have never had a claim (please don't do it to me BBV! )

Told the AA they were too high and they said they could do nothing on it. Went online to the AA and signed up as a new customer (different e-mail address) they came in higher again but when they called to follow up on the quote, the guy who rang was able to get it done to 535 so went with it but was also annoyed that they could come down after being so adamant that they couldn't.
                                                                                                            Was that you at Jp's yesterday?

I was the dealer a messy Dice was throwing chips at from other tables
                                                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              I'm up to 1.5 sextillion paperclips. Handy way to learn large numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_large_numbers
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              30000 Sexdecillion

Comment

What's the optimum price for a paperclip?

Comment

My game ended up bricked when all my probes were destroyed by aliens and I ran out of raw material to create more.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone do the adventure room thing in Capel St? Excellent craic. Think most here would enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone do the adventure room thing in Capel St? Excellent craic. Think most here would enjoy it.
                                                                                                                          We have it booked for our Xmas party.

Delighted to hear you give it the thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X