Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comical by Scotland.

Comment

Scotloland
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Slovenia no 7 is class.
        Some left peg alright!

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Comical by Scotland.
        Wow, how bad is that defending!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Some left peg alright!
          Looked the best footballer on the pitch against England on Friday. Mind you the second best was the ref.

Comment

Chip and a chair. Tomorrow night will most likely be a painful 90 mins win lose or draw.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Chip and a chair. Tomorrow night will most likely be a painful 90 mins win lose or draw.
              IT says we will get a play off if we win now???

Comment

Minor (but annoying) laptop issue - the top line of my keyboard double as F1, F2, etc., but also volume controls, brightness, etc. It used be that if I press the relevant button, the thing mutes, brightens, etc as appropraite, but now I need to press the 'fn' key and the button to get that functionality, as otherwise its defaulted to just being F1, F2, etc. How can I set this back to the way it was?

Its a silver (metal) Dell

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  IT says we will get a play off if we win now???
                  FU not reading my permutations

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    Minor (but annoying) laptop issue - the top line of my keyboard double as F1, F2, etc., but also volume controls, brightness, etc. It used be that if I press the relevant button, the thing mutes, brightens, etc as appropraite, but now I need to press the 'fn' key and the button to get that functionality, as otherwise its defaulted to just being F1, F2, etc. How can I set this back to the way it was?

Its a silver (metal) Dell
                    Happens me occasionally, a restart always fixes it.

Comment

FU not reading my permutations
                      I started but fell asleep half way through

Comment

Cam Newton
                        Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Immense pressure on Salah to put this penalty away and send Egypt to the World Cup for the first time in 27 years. Yes, it's 27 years since Egypt were in Ireland's group in the 1990 Word Cup. Fuck me that makes me feel old!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                US is an absolute jokeshop. Vice-Prez Pence flies 2,000 miles to stage a walkout at an NFL game due to players kneeling, all so he can put out a tweet about how outraged he was about players kneeling.
                                Hmmmm

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone know what kind of cost it would be to get pipes / drain unblocked? Friend seems to have clogged them up by continually rinsing her juicer in the kitchen sink and pulp getting down the plughole.

I cleaned out gunk from the pipes under the sink but it didn't help so it's clogged further down. Now using the bathroom sink is resulting in water coming up through the shower plughole. So I'm guessing it's clogged quite deeply.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Anyone know what kind of cost it would be to get pipes / drain unblocked? Friend seems to have clogged them up by continually rinsing her juicer in the kitchen sink and pulp getting down the plughole.

I cleaned out gunk from the pipes under the sink but it didn't help so it's clogged further down. Now using the bathroom sink is resulting in water coming up through the shower plughole. So I'm guessing it's clogged quite deeply.
                                    Drain Doctor are roughly €100
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Immense pressure on Salah to put this penalty away and send Egypt to the World Cup for the first time in 27 years. Yes, it's 27 years since Egypt were in Ireland's group in the 1990 Word Cup. Fuck me that makes me feel old!
                                      Loved the finish to the American qualifier overnight, nothing like a 96th min goal to send you to the World Cup

Probably around €150 to have it jetted.

Comment

I would try some caustic soda before rodding it.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Potential IPB catlovers meetup venue in Smithfield Would even consider breaking with tradition and turning up.
                                          you guys stay home ..more cats for me.

Comment

Day 1 in Wales over.

Got to Dublin airport this morning for a few pre flight pints and somehow managed to almost miss the flight. Apparently, there are 3 gates in between terminal 1 and 2 that are hard to find when you've had a few beers in the early afternoon.

Flew into Bristol where we had a car booked to take us to Cardiff. Driver was a bit mad and played full on loud rock music all the way up. He had no idea why 4 Irish people where heading to Cardiff.

Once checked in, we hit the pubs. It was like the pub owners of Cardiff had no clue we were coming. Severe lack of staff and beer running out left right and centre. Heineken, gone. Peroni, gone. Carling, gone. Fosters, ah fuck it, go on.

Got talking to the manager in one pub. Was taking the piss out of her for not being prepared. She tells me that they had trippled the staff numbers for tonight and they still couldn't handle it and that for tomorrow, they will have to at least double it again as more Irish are coming.

Got back to the hotel to discover the WAFTA's (Welsh BAFTA's) after party was on. We proceeded to take the piss out of several Welsh Z listers by asking them to name 7 famous Welsh people outside of sports people. The vast majority failed although one or two gems were thrown up.

Then, out of nowhere, Charlotte Church and her massive, and I mean MASSIVE, cans strolled past us. Even Mrs Lao Lao commented on just how massive they were. We agreed that her and her cans should account for at least 2 famous Welsh people, possiblly three.

From there it was just a matter of picking our own favourite WAFTA. I picked mine...

SPOILER

Comment

I think you have picked up Welsh .... a lot of that makes no sense ...CANS??? Beer?

Comment

ah well have a blast ...Charlotte Church ...jesus i feel bad for how bad i feel for wales
                                                Last edited by Guest; 09-10-17, 01:44.

Comment

Was sure spoilered picture would be said cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                    Was sure spoilered picture would be said cans.
                                                    here she is
                                                    SPOILER

Comment

Did i get it right cans=boobs in welsh??

Comment

She has a savage pair of cans ...i don't feel so bad for wales now.

Comment

Catan is a great board game. I had never played it until recently and I love it now.
                                                          GF and I bought it for her bro as a birthday present with the Cities and Knights expansion.
                                                          We haven't got into the expansion yet but definitely will soon.
                                                          The standard edition is still good but i think you need the expansions otherwise I can see it getting monotonous.

Comment

What are the Kerry posters thoughts on The Gooch Dinner?
                                                            I'm very much in the 'fair dues to him' camp, but going by the boards thread there seems to be quite a lot of opposition to it.

Comment

I'm very much in the 'fair dues to him' camp, but going by the boards thread there seems to be quite a lot of opposition to it.
                                                              I think the Sunday game panelists are having a laugh with some of what they are coming out with,they are presumably making fairly good money off the back of the GAA so it’s a bit rich of them to be piling into Gooch for looking for his slice.i actually like Brolly and his wumming usually but he’s on his high horse on this one
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 09-10-17, 09:53.

Comment

When I first heard about it I naively thought all proceeds would go to charity. The more I think about it though why shouldn't he make money from it. Soccer players who are already well set up for life have them.

My only concern is the "some" money will go to charity part. Should be up front about exactly how much from the start.

And I suppose it makes the elite even more elite. Like I can't see too many firms rushing to support one for donnacha Walsh or the likes

Comment

Gives me the creeps personally. At home over the weekend there seems to be an above 50% opinion against it.

Wouldn't be inclined to a long discussion on it online but cliff notes from my POV would be that he's fishing out of the same pool his club, county and chosen charities would be looking for donations from and is pocketing the money himself.

Cynically including nebulous charity donations (and latterly a sop to the club as well) to try and make it harder to voice concerns over IMO.

Comment

Comment

Playing Splendor this evening. Thats a brill board game. Guess its uber-popular as the board game shop had about 50 different expansion packs for the game. Are those expansion packs ever worth getting? Saw loads for Ticket to Ride and it just seemed like it wouldn't change the essence of the game.

Got Kuna Yala in Rome. Quite fun, but a bit of a bollix to keep your fish hidden.

What would all the cool kids be playing at the moment? Pandemic is another one that seems to fill the shops, so might go for that next. @tar what was that one you mentioned ages ago that you play by candlelight?
                                                                      Splendor is great, there are a million boardgames you would love. We even play blokus at lunch in work now https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2453/blokus really simple game, like tetris chess.

The expansions don't add much to ticket to ride, i do like the nordic map as it's small and only for three players so you dick each other over more often, much more player interaction. Pandemic is a coop game that's really fun, go for it. Try and save the world from virus', you can adjust the difficulty too.

Have played a great game in the last few weeks called Captain Sonar. It's like a complex Battleship, you each have a role on a submarine and are tracking the enemy team trying to sink them. It looks like this, you can play it turn-based or in real time which is manic as fuck:

The game you [play by candlelight is called Waldschattenspiel, it's a fun unique kids game (not complex so adults wouldn't have much replay value) where you are dwarves hiding in the shadows away from the monster or whatever, it's a cool mechanic to you candlelight for line of sight of the bad guy

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                      Catan is a great board game. I had never played it until recently and I love it now.
                                                                      GF and I bought it for her bro as a birthday present with the Cities and Knights expansion.
                                                                      We haven't got into the expansion yet but definitely will soon.
                                                                      The standard edition is still good but i think you need the expansions otherwise I can see it getting monotonous.
                                                                      The classic, the expansion that adds another player is good, I've not played any other ones but they should add to it a lot for that game.

Here are some other simple games I think are good fun that I own:

The emperors panda is rampaging through the imperial gardens and it is pissing the gardener off.

You each play a giant monster that is trying to destroy each other and rule tokyo.

Nice halloween game here, you are working together to explore a mansion but at some point one of you turns evil. There is a big scenario handbook that will tell you what kind of evil you have become and the rules for each team to win the game, you might become a werewolf, vampire, invisible, whatever:

You can view some games on Wil Wheaton's show so see what ones you like starting out:

Want to play Takenoko with your friends at home? Visit your friendly local game shop or buy it online: http://amzn.to/1hHkwRrSubscribe to Geek & Sundry: http...

Want to play King of Tokyo with your friends at home? Visit your friendly local game shop to purchase it!Or buy it online at: http://amzn.to/1ho0KVoSubscribe...

Wil Wheaton plays Betrayal at House on the Hill with Ashly Burch of Hey Ash Whatcya Playin?, Keahu Kahuanui of Teen Wolf and Michael Swaim of Cracked.com. Th...
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-10-17, 10:04.

Comment

Careca and Keane hit the nail on the head imo. It's the ambiguity around the charity donation that's an issue.

I think he knows now approximately how much he will make from it so he could easily just come out and say the charities will get X% of the proceeds.

PS @Keane I may start looking at your reading suggestions. Had to Google nebulous

Comment

Amateur Sport until you retire .
                                                                          I see nothing wrong with doing the odd gig . I'd say I'm keeping all the monies come honour me ya bastards. Then we secretly donate money to Kerry pubs via overindulgence. Glad the fucker is retired

Comment

Denis Villeneuve did an incredible job with the new Blade Runner movie, see it on a big screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                              Denis Villeneuve did an incredible job with the new Blade Runner movie, see it on a big screen!
                                                                              Having quite the job convincing the missus to watch the original.
                                                                              Old sci-fi = shit sci-fi if viewed today for first time is her opinion
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Loved the look of some of those board games - added quite a few to my Amazon wish list!

Comment

...

Comment

Any suggestions for good two-player games?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Hide the sausage

Comment

glolm, wpwp

Comment

There's an expansion pack. You can add more players.
                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                              Yep! I'm going to go see it again in imax.

Really depends, there are really simple to really complex games.

A good basic one I mentioned was ticket to ride nordic version. Also what hitch mentioned, pandemic. Even better would be to get pandemic legacy:

That is like the original pandemic but is like a campaign that you only get to play once fully, but it lasts quite a few play sessions. You will be opening secret mission envelopes, writing on your play cards and so on, very cool.

Pandemic Legacy is a co-operative campaign game, with an overarching story-arc played through 12-24 sessions, depending on how well your group does at the game. At the beginning, the game starts very similar to basic Pandemic, in which your team of disease-fighting specialists races against the clock to travel around the world, treating disease hotspots while researching cures for each of four plagues before they get out of hand.

During a player's turn, they have four actions available, with which they may travel around in the world in various ways (sometimes needing to discard a card), build structures like research stations, treat diseases (removing one cube from the board; if all cubes of a color have been removed, the disease has been eradicated), trade cards with other players, or find a cure for a disease (requiring five cards of the same color to be discarded while at a research station). Each player has a unique role with special abilities to help them at these actions.

After a player has taken their actions, they draw two cards. These cards can include epidemic cards, which will place new disease cubes on the board, and can lead to an outbreak, spreading disease cubes even further. Outbreaks additionally increase the panic level of a city, making that city more expensive to travel to.

Each month in the game, you have two chances to achieve that month's objectives. If you succeed, you win and immediately move on to the next month. If you fail, you have a second chance, with more funding for beneficial event cards.

During the campaign, new rules and components will be introduced. These will sometimes require you to permanently alter the components of the game; this includes writing on cards, ripping up cards, and placing permanent stickers on components. Your characters can gain new skills, or detrimental effects. A character can even be lost entirely, at which point it's no longer available for play.
                                                                                              Here is a list of good games for couples: https://www.bestplay.co/definitive-g...games-couples/

Also for people really into boardgames there are more complex ones I'd recommend.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                              Loved the look of some of those board games - added quite a few to my Amazon wish list!
                                                                                              Nothing better than a game with great artwork, theme and components, looks nice just sitting on the shelf haha.

Pure gold Tar. A million thanks. We will erect a statue to you when we eventually get a games room.
                                                                                              See also pandemic legacy above. Another couple games I think you'd like are Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective. Each time you play you get a crime to solve, usually murder. A short story will be there for you to read, then it's up to you to visit places in London and interview people of interest, you can go anywhere in London but the more places you visit the worse your score will be, and you have to beat sherlock holmes (you play his protegé). When you arrive at a location you turn to that page of the book and read what is written. There are also things like newspaper articles to go through for clues. Each time you play you will be playing at a different point in time, old newspapers may come into play as well. it's very cool trying to solve it as it is very hard, and frustratingly fun. needs a certain type of person to enjoy it, cool in a group arguing over who you think did it and how etc. You stop playing whenever you want and then are asked some questions, you get points for getting them right.

It has a jack the ripper expansion game too. Speaking of that, there is a great game where one of you play jack the ripper and go about murdering prostitutes, the other players have to track you and catch you before you get back to your hideout (jack moves invisibly)

There are games about everything, which is why there is something for everybody. My boardgame group has over 3000 people now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                Expansion pack...
                                                                                                SPOILER

Comment

I think fair fucks to the Gooch but the way it's been worded about the charities is terrible. A pile of ex and current players already make a good wage from all.things GAA imo from newspaper columns, punditry, guest speakers for retired players to the brand new car, free supplements, a book deal which seems to be the "in" thing now. Even see your man Rorys Stories has a book out now.

This dinner thing is probably just the next thing to come along and fair fucks to any player that has a profile big enough to make a packet off it.

Comment

I think fair fucks to the Gooch but the way it's been worded about the charities is terrible. A pile of ex and current players already make a good wage from all.things GAA imo from newspaper columns, punditry, guest speakers for retired players to the brand new car, free supplements, a book deal which seems to be the "in" thing now. Even see your man Rorys Stories has a book out now.

This dinner thing is probably just the next thing to come along and fair fucks to any player that has a profile big enough to make a packet off it.

Comment

If people are willing to pay then why not. It's less offensive on my eyes than the way Paul Galvin chooses to make his dough these days.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post

Reminded me of this classic.
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Your namesake recommends chess . Although in some games in Russia you can still get concussion. So there Roy, you were wrong.

Comment

So the youngest comes home from school and I am checking through her bag. In it is a partially coloured Union Jack.

Was chatting to a mum who's kid is in another class and it is for each of the children to show the Prime Minister who is coming to the school thursday!

Promptly posted in the class FB group that she is Irish and not British!

#notmyflag

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              Lets say I want to take a 90 day view against STG in the EurStg market - what are my options on this?
                                                                                                              Spread bet. No tax on gains
                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah wrestling is fake yada yada, but at 47 years of age, it's about time that Shane McMahon stopped jumping off cages and stuff before he injures himself badly!

Comment

The poor Spanish announce table.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        Lets say I want to take a 90 day view against STG in the EurStg market - what are my options on this?
                                                                                                                        let me sign you up

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X