Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flew up to Sligo today in advance of work chaos from next week on. Strandhill is a lovely place and walking distance from the airport. Gusty winds at 90 degrees to the runway aren't much good for the nerves though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Little baby girl born four weeks early by elective section. She's a beauty and she's doing great. Her Mama's in great shape too

For anyone that is friends with me on fb, we're keeping it v quiet, so it would be great if you didn't mention it on there.
      Excellent news dude, i will wet her head !
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Nah. Back to uber tilt the more I think about it.

""the driver statement is the only official document we have"

FUCKAFPOWHEOUNETTW#B) }}_)IT$ }ITN_)TCMCI_)TW$
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Shooting a Bray Wanderers game tonight, hope to get a photo of match fixing
          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Congrats laz!!

I'll have a few vinos to celebrate tonight too, great news
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Little baby girl born four weeks early by elective section. She's a beauty and she's doing great. Her Mama's in great shape too

For anyone that is friends with me on fb, we're keeping it v quiet, so it would be great if you didn't mention it on there.
              Absolute scenes. Delighted for ye Conor.

Comment

Delighted for you and the missus Conor!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Too posh to push. We are back.
                    Grats m8
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Great news lazare. Congrats to all. I'm even thinking of wetting her head now

Comment

@those in blah land

Good pub in city centre or close for Sat pints,racing, cards, pool etc in oct. Any good pub for music that night.

Comment

Very happy for you and your family Lazare!

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Flew up to Sligo today in advance of work chaos from next week on. Strandhill is a lovely place and walking distance from the airport. Gusty winds at 90 degrees to the runway aren't much good for the nerves though.
                          That's where I am from, well up the road beside the mountain. Spent my youth playing football and golf down there though, great spot.

Pretty sweet to just fly there when you want!

Comment

Ah that is amazing news Lazare, you must both be relieved that she is here safe and sound.

Was she born today? If so she shares my birthday! I am heading out for drinks soon and will toast the little munchkin.

Now for the girly part, may we see a pic at some point? even by PM? us wimminz never stop being broody lol.

Congratulations to all 3 Lazare's

Comment

MrFD getting some tonight.

Comment

Over the moon for ye.
                                Congrats mate.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  Over the moon for ye.
                                  Congrats mate.
                                  +1. Big smile on my face. Congrats dudes!

Comment

Jaysus tis all go tonight.

Congrats Lazare.

Happy birthday MrsF. Have a good night

Comment

Nice work Laz. Well outnumbered now!
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Class Lazare. Was drinking anyway tonight but Ill drink more
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                          Mcsorleys is a nice spot for some beverages.
                                          Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          McSorley's is a kip. Cannot understand the popularity.

Humphrey's on the other hand is a great pub.
                                          Birchalls is my favourite pub in Ranelagh. Great for a pint and a read of a book / newspaper. Nice spot to sit and sip pints watching a match. Excellent staff, the type that remember your round, drop the drinks down to you, full of locals and regulars, a proper Dublin pub.

McSorley's isn't great but if you want a late drink and a few thick ankled girls, it's your only man.

Humphreys is a decent spot also.

Not mad on Smyths at all, not sure what it is about the place, but I just can't warm to it.

The Hill if you are into craft beer as it's pretty much all they serve.

Taphouse is decent for pub grub but it can get very crowded.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          The Northside has improved massively since your departure.

Posh Southside git. Bet you buy fancy tonic for your designer gin...
                                          I actually buy designer tonic for my fancy gin

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Ah that is amazing news Lazare, you must both be relieved that she is here safe and sound.

Was she born today? If so she shares my birthday! I am heading out for drinks soon and will toast the little munchkin.

Now for the girly part, may we see a pic at some point? even by PM? us wimminz never stop being broody lol.

Congratulations to all 3 Lazare's
                                            Ah thanks Gil, happy birthday to you. It's my Dad's birthday today too, he's living in Spain. I called him to wish him a happy birthday and sent him a pic while I was on the phone. Told him 'got you something for your birthday, have a look at the pic and see what you think

Ah it was lovely, he was a mess.

Thanks everyone for the loveliness.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Learned a long time ago, whatever switchy recommends, avoid at all costs

Comment

Last day in work today. New job starting Monday. No rest for the wicked.

Feels good.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                  Anyone want to swap a hogan stand ticket for my hill 16 ticket?
                                                  Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  Might be able to do it with a Cusack stand if any use. Won't know for definite till later.
                                                  Sorry Jb can't make this happen. He actually ended up with an upper Hogan and is looking for 2 Hill for it. It's section 725 way up the back you would have a better view from the Hill.

Told him to ram it up his hole.

Comment

Congrats Laz, that's great news.

Comment

I need this. although I'd prefer the metal version.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-09-17, 20:36.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-09-17, 21:47. Reason: edited to start with the fact that mdoug was the 'questionner'

Comment

?
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Boards.ie lads. Kiddy game is down the street ---------->

Comment

Congrats Conor! Great news

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                  Isn't the end of the runway only a few metres from the sea too?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Isn't the end of the runway only a few metres from the sea too?
                                                                    Both ends!

Comment

Why is that ww thread locked? 24 hours banter ftw

Comment

We're taking it to the bbv for the night on Tom's request.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                          We're taking it to the bbv for the night on Tom's request.
                                                                          Ah fair play Tom. A lovely touch

Comment

What happened to the twenty4 hour bants in ww?

Comment

anyone here seen IT

mad to see it , it says 16 rating but no sexual scenes, could I take Mia she is 12 going on 13, like she plays gore games on xbox.

Like gore you can make an excuse ah tis fake blood , but steamy stuff no

thoughts please
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

It's fake blood in IT too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                  It's fake blood in IT too.
                                                                                  ya but u aint answering my question ???
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                    anyone here seen IT

mad to see it , it says 16 rating but no sexual scenes, could I take Mia she is 12 going on 13, like she plays gore games on xbox.

thoughts please
                                                                                    Haven't seen it, but I'd say a definite no. She's 12 ffs.

A young child's arm is shown being bitten off graphically. He crawls away crying before being dragged into a drain. This scene is quite disturbing and upsetting.

A child's arm is seen severely broken after falling through the floor.

A young girl is almost drowned in blood and pulled into a sink. Blood covers an entire bathroom.

We see several sheep being killed with a bolt gun.

A child is seen with a demon attached so his face, with blood pouring from both sides.

A boy is scratched on the abdomen by a demon.

A 13 year old child is bullied by older children, who cut the letter 'H' into his stomach with a switchblade.
                                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 15-09-17, 21:43.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                      What happened to the twenty4 hour bants in ww?
                                                                                      unlocked, all aboard the banterbus
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                        all that is not a huge problem she flat out on xbox killing people

however thanks to Mrs DP she wont be going acc to ending

ill go on my own
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

anyone here seen IT

thoughts please
                                                                                          seriously, dont be fucking stupid.
                                                                                          I could go into detail as I'm a large fan of the book but there is no way in hell a 12 year old should be watching that.

Comment

...

Comment

Nice Spoilers Collie!

I've seen it, and yeah 12 is probably too young. Only just though, imagine most 14 year olds would have seen more graphic movies.

It's not that graphic nor is it particularly scary but there's some themes in it that are a bit bleak.

I liked it a lot

Comment

I could go into detail as I'm a large fan of the book but there is no way in hell a 12 year old should be watching that.
                                                                                                i looked at reviews last week on IMDb and they were not bad ie sex stuff, thats the reason i asked and thats the point of social media , I got my answer from your wife so no I wont be taking her , but blood gore wouldnt bother me as you can bluff your way through it , sexual shit no hope .

so all good , Despicable me 3 its looking like
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  everything thats wrong with the world! (no offense, its our upbringing, and I'll probably think the exact same way in due course)
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                  Nice Spoilers Collie!

I've seen it, and yeah 12 is probably too young. Only just though, imagine most 14 year olds would have seen more graphic movies.

It's not that graphic nor is it particularly scary but there's some themes in it that are a bit bleak.

I liked it a lot
                                                                                                  Fuck sake talk about turning into your old man.

Don't mind them. Nothing in it that hasn't been done before. 12 is fine.

Comment

all that is not a huge problem she flat out on xbox killing people

however thanks to Mrs DP she wont be going acc to ending

ill go on my own
                                                                                                    Fancy a d8 m8

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                      Fuck sake talk about turning into your old man.

Don't mind them. Nothing in it that hasn't been done before. 12 is fine.
                                                                                                      Sorry. I'm still getting over seeing 'Raiders of The Lost Ark' in the Savoy when I was 11. Still surprised it was PG12

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                        Irish government administration is so tilting. Its absolutely nuts.
                                                                                                        ...
                                                                                                        "the driver statement is the only official document we have"

Honestly, I really don't understand Irish government admin. Once they get into an office they put on their cunt socks and actually go out of their way to make it hard to get anything done.
                                                                                                        This is exactly what we have TD's for.
                                                                                                        Get one of the family to talk to a useless gimp of a FF'r in Naas called Lawless who has nothing better to do than sort out shit like this in return for the promise of a vote from the whole family for ever.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

going with Mrs Dp , trust her told me enough to put me off so its a no
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

going with Mrs Dp , trust her told me enough to put me off so its a no
                                                                                                            For those that read the book, I told about *that*

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                I was on about the idea of shielding kids from seeing breasts and penises but not arms being chopped off by psychopaths
                                                                                                                What you drinking?

Comment

What you drinking?
                                                                                                                  I totally agree with him. I'm on red wine
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Wrote a post about the difference in generations.

But you know what fuck that. Parents do your thing.

Comment

Most of the dodgy stuff from the book is not in the film, all the weird sex stuff.

Comment

16 rating does not mean under 16 permitted with parent.

Worth bearing in mind, I had to stop a boat load of dad&son efforts into Borat back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          16 rating does not mean under 16 permitted with parent.

Worth bearing in mind, I had to stop a boat load of dad&son efforts into Borat back in the day.
                                                                                                                          Poor form

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X