Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

First game was Man United v Newcastle in November 2002. My Dad took me and my brother. Saw Van Nistelrooy score a hat trick, Shearer scored a worldie and super sub Solskjaer wrapped it up. Won 5-3. The following day we drove to London and went to see Charlton v Blackburn. Dad is from Charlton. They won 3-1. Paul Konchesky scored a cracking free kick right in the top corner and we were right behind the goals. 12 goals in two games wasn't bad. Got to meet John O Shea after the match as he was the supporters club player of the month. He looked huge to me then and was pure sound. Remember the security saying only one pic or autograph but he stuck around for a while singing loads of stuff and chatting away. Seemed sound.

I can hardly remember what I did yesterday but I'll never forget that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Was mentally grumbling about going for the fourth croissant for breakfast in a row this week. Hate eating the same thing from one day to the next. Reminded me of an American student who was doing an internship in the IFSC and he was just blown away by his boss proudly claiming that he had eaten a Spar chicken roll every single day for lunch for the previous eight years. That is some dedication to the humble chicken roll.
        Probably have had a bagel with cream cheese 95% of the days I've woken up at home for the last 5+ years. It beats having to think, or add new motor functions in the morning.

Comment

Back at work after having 10 days off makes one feel like jumping off a fucking cliff.

Looking at a big fat zero on my sales portal middle month makes me want to vomit.

Current mood does not drive me to sell.

I have already told a security guard, a cleaner and a manager from nearby shop to go away, not ready to talk yet.

I really need just one sale even if it's a shitty upgrade to break the current humour.

Working in sales must be the worst job to take hols from
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            12 goals in two games wasn't bad.
            Beats me, I'm at 10 - I've only ever been to two top flight English games.

1) Liverpool-Chelsea in 1996. I'm sure some here will remember this, finished 5-1 to Liverpool, Patrick Berger scored two on his home debut, was a bit of a mauling. My abiding memory of what was a not-so-nice day (had a horrible journey home due to one of our party whom I didn't know previously, a drunken yob who was initially refused entry to the ferry, had to be dragged on board and then planned to drive to Galway from Dun Laoghaire. In Dublin my friends were happy to leave him behind the wheel but I hopped out and took the train back!) was how scary the Chelsea fans in the crowd near us were; once the result was assured they spent the rest of the match eye-balling us in the home crowd and running their fingers across their throats. Mightn't scare me now but at the time it was very worrying!

2) Southampton-West Brom in 2004. Good occasion, my friend is a Southampton fan so loved travelling over for this. For me it was more of an excuse for a weekend away obviously, less interest in the match though it was fun. Final score of 2-2 and much better atmosphere than the Anfield match.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
              Back at work after having 10 days off makes one feel like jumping off a fucking cliff.

Looking at a big fat zero on my sales portal middle month makes me want to vomit.

Current mood does not drive me to sell.

I have already told a security guard, a cleaner and a manager from nearby shop to go away, not ready to talk yet.

I really need just one sale even if it's a shitty upgrade to break the current humour.

Working in sales must be the worst job to take hols from
              Try being self employed in Sales!

Was good fun though, do it all again next year.

Can we change Sat-Nav's "oink oink" to "Bubble Girl"? I honestly thought you were going to cry you poor thing.

Comment

Off to see Spurs/Bournemouth and (hopefully) Spurs/Liverpool next month. Will be disappointed with anything less than 20 goals from those two games.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Off to see Spurs/Bournemouth and (hopefully) Spurs/Liverpool next month. Will be disappointed with anything less than 20 goals from those two games.
                  Given the size of Wembley, must be easy enough to get Spurs tickets this season, yeah? Are they cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    Given the size of Wembley, must be easy enough to get Spurs tickets this season, yeah? Are they cheap?
                    Yeah, very easy and not too expensive.
                    For the game against Bournemouth and similar opposition they start at £20 at the back of the top tier and most in the top tier are no more than £30. £50/55 for middle tier. Supposedly not a bad seat at Wembley so was happy to get the £20s.
                    Games against Pool/MUFC/WestHam etc are more expensive though, extra £15/£20 on the above prices. Still decent enough for an EPL game, think I paid £80 face value for the Emirates about 10 years ago.

Comment

Was mentally grumbling about going for the fourth croissant for breakfast in a row this week. Hate eating the same thing from one day to the next. Reminded me of an American student who was doing an internship in the IFSC and he was just blown away by his boss proudly claiming that he had eaten a Spar chicken roll every single day for lunch for the previous eight years. That is some dedication to the humble chicken roll.
                      a third of workers sit down to exactly the same lunch every day, with the average Brit having a repertoire of just three lunches on rotation

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Can we change Sat-Nav's "oink oink" to "Bubble Girl"? I honestly thought you were going to cry you poor thing.
                        I did cry in the loo after lol, swear
                        Then I got a drink was grand
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bubblicious surely

Comment

First game was Man United v Newcastle in November 2002. My Dad took me and my brother. Saw Van Nistelrooy score a hat trick, Shearer scored a worldie and super sub Solskjaer wrapped it up. Won 5-3. The following day we drove to London and went to see Charlton v Blackburn. Dad is from Charlton. They won 3-1. Paul Konchesky scored a cracking free kick right in the top corner and we were right behind the goals. 12 goals in two games wasn't bad. Got to meet John O Shea after the match as he was the supporters club player of the month. He looked huge to me then and was pure sound. Remember the security saying only one pic or autograph but he stuck around for a while singing loads of stuff and chatting away. Seemed sound.

2002?

Not a real fan, too young

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              No wonder you're having fancy wine and charcrutrememts at a football match when that's how you hold a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                I wish I had that much hair!!

Comment

Three viewings tonight for places in Dublin. I definitely didn't give the house hunting the respect it deserved, it's ridiculously competitive.
                                  Killiney, Dundrum and Ranelagh. Cabra area seems like an option with the new Luas line running out there.

My original budget has gone out the window at this stage too. I'm fine in Kildare for the moment and it's only preliminary modules for the first few weeks but I don't envy people who have no alternative but to pay the money for whatever they're offered.

Comment

Speaking of real fans , wasn't it Arsenal who had a mural of fans whilst doing refurbishment.

I got into a fight with one of those fakers. Ignored me when I asked him. Who are ya? Who are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      Speaking of real fans , wasn't it Arsenal who had a mural of fans whilst doing refurbishment.

I got into a fight with one of those fakers. Ignored me when I asked him. Who are ya? Who are ya?
                                      Ya and there were all white males if memory serves me right. Big trouble over it.

Comment

I often notice people doing the same at work, eating bad rolls every day from the same shop since I started working here.

I can't really talk. I don't have the problem of getting sick of food that other people do, I have ordered hundreds of these for lunch with no end in sight: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...rds=amys+soups

Comment

DAMN THEY STOLE MY IDEA!

Dunno how they didn't think it would be controversial though...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                            I did cry in the loo after lol, swear
                                            Then I got a drink was grand
                                            You need a costume...

Invent the sky pink lady club.

Comment

Need tiles for the kitchen floor - getting a new kitchen installed soon and replacing the tiles. Can anyone recommend a supplier? We don't live in a mansion (not yet ) and are folk of simple tastes so happy to go with relatively cheap and cheerful!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                DAMN THEY STOLE MY IDEA!

Dunno how they didn't think it would be controversial though...
                                                They got free national advertising. I'm sure their other products have sold better than ever
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Devil's advocate hat on.

If the gains you make are subject to taxation and you can easily get away without declaring it so don't, you are cheating the state.

If you hurt your back or are sick and are claiming benefits while simultaneously working in the black economy for cash, you are cheating the state.

In both scenarios you have money in your bank account that doesn't belong to you.

Why do we argue in favour of the former while pouring scorn on the latter?

Is there an argument for the former and not for the latter? It appears there is.
                                                  A lot of people put stuff like that in kids names..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    They got free national advertising. I'm sure their other products have sold better than ever
                                                    I know ...I would say every teen lad will want one now.

Comment

Not sure that follows. If Irexit were to happen we could have a zero percent tax rate and no-one would base themselves in the country. We could probably even set a negative tax rate where we *pay* companies a percentage of their profit and they wouldn't even then locate in Ireland. Access to the single market is the only game in town for the Irish economy.
                                                      They certainly are not hear to avail of the low labour supply that due to sky rocketing property prices and a massively top heavy tax system need to be paid more and more each year alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        I often notice people doing the same at work, eating bad rolls every day from the same shop since I started working here.

I can't really talk. I don't have the problem of getting sick of food that other people do, I have ordered hundreds of these for lunch with no end in sight: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...rds=amys+soups
                                                        That's some pricey soup

Comment

That Highbury mural story reads like a subtly clever article from The Onion or Waterford Whispers.

Comment

Oh yeah, usually some will be on sale for £8-£10 and that's when I strike, like a soup ninja.
                                                            They're more like stews really.

Comment

Need tiles for the kitchen floor - getting a new kitchen installed soon and replacing the tiles. Can anyone recommend a supplier? We don't live in a mansion (not yet ) and are folk of simple tastes so happy to go with relatively cheap and cheerful!
                                                              Hi Paul

I work in Tile Merchant in Ballymount, we sell tiles wood floors bathroom ware (sorry Dice) and outdoor paving.
                                                              Special rates for all ipb members
                                                              You can check out our website tilemerchant.ie.
                                                              I can give you samples to bring home and check if you need.
                                                              You have my number from before if you need any help.
                                                              Open 7 days a week

Comment

What songs did he sing?
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

@DOM

Any idea why this account is showing as the time being 12.09? it says it is GMT but I am pretty sure you are just 1 hour behind us!

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                    Hi Paul

I work in Tile Merchant in Ballymount, we sell tiles wood floors bathroom ware (sorry Dice) and outdoor paving.
                                                                    Special rates for all ipb members
                                                                    You can check out our website tilemerchant.ie.
                                                                    I can give you samples to bring home and check if you need.
                                                                    You have my number from before if you need any help.
                                                                    Open 7 days a week
                                                                    Awesome - I should be in touch! We'll come out on Saturday to check out the warehouse in the meantime; if you work on Saturdays you will see us

Comment

GMT /= BST, which we're currently on.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        GMT /= BST, which we're currently on.
                                                                        It IS set to GMT but it is showing an hour behind it should.

Comment

Originally posted by WerewolfMod View Post
                                                                          set it to GMT +1
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

UK and Ireland are currently on GMT + 1.

Comment

Awesome - I should be in touch! We'll come out on Saturday to check out the warehouse in the meantime; if you work on Saturdays you will see us

Hi

My 1st Saturday off in 6 months falls this week.
                                                                              If you mention me to one of the other lads and get a quote if you see something you like, leave your number and I will have a look at it on Monday and squeeze the profit out of it.

Comment

GMT is not the time used as it dosnt factor in daylight savings, bst is the daylight saving time. Both are the same in winter tho.

Comment

Ya Gill!

Jeez

Comment

It doesn't give a BST setting, only GMT. I will change it anyway, just never noticed it being wrong before.

And calm down Dom, just asking

for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      It doesn't give a BST setting, only GMT. I will change it anyway, just never noticed it being wrong before.

And calm down Dom, just asking

for a friend
                                                                                      Gives a gmt+1 setting though, which will be right until the change in 6 weeks or so anyhow.

Comment

MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Yeah, very easy and not too expensive.
                                                                                          For the game against Bournemouth and similar opposition they start at £20 at the back of the top tier and most in the top tier are no more than £30. £50/55 for middle tier. Supposedly not a bad seat at Wembley so was happy to get the £20s.
                                                                                          Games against Pool/MUFC/WestHam etc are more expensive though, extra £15/£20 on the above prices. Still decent enough for an EPL game, think I paid £80 face value for the Emirates about 10 years ago.

I might pop over for the Bournemouth match. The fact that you can fly, buy a ticket, and maybe get to the stadium for €100 is quite remarkable.

Though it perhaps isn't worth it to buy the cheaper seats if there's a choice. I have never been to Wembley but I was asking Spurs fans recently about the top tier and apparently being towards the back of the top tier where you will be isn't great as the players look so small you can't recognise them.

Even just paying £30 for closer to the pitch top tier makes a difference according to someone.

Comment

Should be set to GMT with daylight savings enabled.
                                                                                            Which results in BST being displayed

IDKWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              Should be set to GMT with daylight savings enabled.
                                                                                              Which results in BST being displayed

IDKWTSD
                                                                                              It seems that although it had the daylight savings enabled you had to click the drop down to force it. Was just something bugging me lol.

Thanks Mellor, I am much happier now

Comment

By Jove I think she's got it.

Comment

Worked with someone when I started in recruitment who would always setup interviews with GMT - they are on record as saying that it makes the invitation look more serious and like they have more internationally focused.

Guy was a total knob so was delighted when he kept having angry clients and candidates calling him about interviews not going ahead.

Was gutted when the clocks changed but he failed probation a few weeks later anyway.

Comment

Could you not just note that there's an hour difference between the time stamp on the posts and the actual time?

Comment

Changing the clocks an hour for daylight is archaic anyways, hopefully it'll be done away with in the next five or ten years.

Comment

Get to finally see Pete Rock tonight.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          Get to finally see Pete Rock tonight.
                                                                                                          Gutted to be missing that

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                            Gutted to be missing that
                                                                                                            bought tickets ages ago and almost forgot about it. was a nice suprise
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              Could you not just note that there's an hour difference between the time stamp on the posts and the actual time?
                                                                                                              It's out by more than that. Just making sure I don't miss anything as a Mod.

Could miss a lynch if I didnt check right!

And with work I am working on things mainly on PST and then I have my PA working on another time zone. It's just all time zones and wrecking my head lol.

Comment

A rake of posts about time zones? This place used to be made up of lads doing bank rolls on telly bingo and Hitch holed up in hotel rooms off his face.
                                                                                                                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Anyone concerned about CGT when it comes to cryptos/commodities/shares etc etc is doing it wrong.

As a shill, I'd like to point out that spread betting has no tax implications. A huge advantage over actually buying and holding instruments, unless of course you're interested in being an actual active share holder.

Comment

Leinster lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Leinster lol
                                                                                                                      Still get a minimum of 9 points from the two games. A fuck up but not helped by being the first down there and only having four weeks to organise it all.
                                                                                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                        A rake of posts about time zones? This place used to be made up of lads doing bank rolls on telly bingo and Hitch holed up in hotel rooms off his face.
                                                                                                                        I was plugging my electric car in outside the Fitz at 6am before I went to the gym and the usual bunch of Asian gamblers were outside smoking. I had to laugh at how things have changed!
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

All for daylight savings. Much more pleasant leaving the casino at 6am and it still dark.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X