Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of my poker friends looking for accom in Killarney? I have a single room booked in a B&B for Fri-Mon for 180euro. Its just up the road from the Gleneagle.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Going to see Garth Brooks tomorrow.

We're back!
      Be wishing tomorrow never comes if it was me.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Be wishing tomorrow never comes if it was me.
        Thats Billy Ray Cyrus
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...Don't understand the fact they can still sell players until end of August...they will still the issue of coutinho and Costa wanting to go and possibly offers coming in for them...only difference is they won't be able to replace them...doesn't solve the issue at all...If anything they should have done it opposite way around...
          Quite simply this is not possible for the EPL to do - the FIFA rule is that the transfer window of the buying club decides whether the transfer is valid or not.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
            Where's the best place to buy sterling cash these days or is there much between any of the options?
            Bought some this week for Edinburgh, bank and post office essentially Sam's. Aer lingus flight attendant who hasn't cashed her perdium by far the cheapest 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
              On the eve of the NFL season, I got myself into the Deadspin article on Why Your Team Sucks 2017 here. I'm Darren in the emails section.

It was very therapeutic to finally get some of those Super Bowl feelings down on paper! The emails section in general is fucking grim.
              Just to let you know that the Superbowl Champions The New England Patriots will be opening the season (as is traditional for the champions) in a few hours time on a tellybox near you.

Some terrific Patriots stuff in this episode of the Simpsons, it still occasionally hits the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Quite simply this is not possible for the EPL to do - the FIFA rule is that the transfer window of the buying club decides whether the transfer is valid or not.
                Technically a transfer only takes place when a player is registered with a new club, which is the basis of transfer bans recently. Clubs can still buy players they just can't register them to play.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  Technically a transfer only takes place when a player is registered with a new club, which is the basis of transfer bans recently. Clubs can still buy players they just can't register them to play.
                  True, but probably getting a bit too deep into the boring technicalities of transfers.
                  I was just responding to the 'why didn't they vote to disallow sales after the season starts' idea.

Comment

Mr Mercedes is a bit of a mixed bag, Gleeson is absolutely killing it but some of the writing is very poor.

The whole set up between Mr Mercedes and the mother it a bit ott and unnecessarily graphic but it was all worth it for Gleeson singing
                    SPOILER
                    I'll fuck me ma when I get home
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Mr Mercedes is a bit of a mixed bag, Gleeson is absolutely killing it but some of the writing is very poor.

The whole set up between Mr Mercedes and the mother it a bit ott and unnecessarily graphic but it was all worth it for Gleeson singing
                      SPOILER
                      I'll fuck me ma when I get home
                      I personally like it but got a bit freaked last week when an ice cream van arrived outside my home playing the music as i havent seen one around in about 10 years and hasnt been back since. Took me 5 minutes to realise i wanted a 99 but when i opened the door he drove off.

Comment

Only a few months after I buy my first home. NSW gov up the stamp duty waiver for first time buyers. Would have been a nice to hold on the that $20k

3 month review in work on monday. Boss basically laid it out that the associate I was working under hand an issue with me (which I knew) yada yada yada we're gonna have to let you know. Back to the job hunt, sigh.

But its not a complete pity party, a positive note. Today's my birthday. GF gave concerts tickets, and a few other bits and then headed off to work - as you do being the sole bread winner.
                        An hour later, I'm laying in bed trying to find a reason to put on clothes when my GF texts and says answer the door when it rings. 2 mins later it rings so I scramble to put on clothes and head out the front to see a bloke on a bike with a huge padded backpack.
                        "Ïs you Sharnä?" (I'm not, and neither is my GF, but it was close enough)
                        "eh Yeah"
                        "ok, enjoy your meal"

Hands mea bag, and inside is a McDonalds deluxe BBQ Bacon and Egg roll, hash brown and a coffee. Back to bed I trot, happy as a pig in shite. It's the little things in life.

Comment

'McDonalds deluxe'.

The balls on that guy.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Happy Birthday Melon.
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                              I personally like it but got a bit freaked last week when an ice cream van arrived outside my home playing the music as i havent seen one around in about 10 years and hasnt been back since. Took me 5 minutes to realise i wanted a 99 but when i opened the door he drove off.
                              One drives down our road at about 6pm, May-Sept.

Clearly a genius as this is the time that Daddy is arriving home only to be caught at the homestead gates and nagged into forking out for 99s.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                'McDonalds deluxe'.

The balls on that guy.
                                Ah here don't piss on mcmellors mcparade.

Anyone in Lucan tonight. Fireworks down by Lucan wier at 8pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  Ah here don't piss on mcmellors mcparade.

Anyone in Lucan tonight. Fireworks down by Lucan wier at 8pm.
                                  Fireworks down in Lucan every Friday night

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      Happy Birthday Melon.
                                      It's good to have you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Fireworks down in Lucan every Friday night
                                        No Supermacs in the ol village. Quaint enough spot for where it is .

Comment

I'd love a McDonald's breakfast now. BBQ bacon and egg roll though don't agree with that. Hitch did your Friday sausage muffin tradition carry to France?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Off to Spain for a weekend of debauchery, pray for mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              I'd love a McDonald's breakfast now. BBQ bacon and egg roll though don't agree with that. Hitch did your Friday sausage muffin tradition carry to France?
                                              Can't get a fucking sausage in Australia... bunch of gimps!
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just saw the Kerry bat video that went viral, apparently the family were on Jimmy Kimmel via video last night.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've a tourist coming on her own to Dublin for the guts of a week. Where's good to send her to while I'm at work during the day? Other than the usual Guinness, Trinity, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I've a tourist coming on her own to Dublin for the guts of a week. Where's good to send her to while I'm at work during the day? Other than the usual Guinness, Trinity, etc etc
                                                    Copper face jacks.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Teelings or Jameson distillery tour
                                                      Christchurch Cathedral
                                                      War memorial gardens + Kilmainham Hospital Gardens + IMMA + Kilmainham Gaol.
                                                      Cycle round Phoenix Park
                                                      Day trip to Glendalough + Powerscourt, Newgrange, Giant's Causeway etc?
                                                      Croke Park tour is sposed to be good too
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        I created this a few years ago in Evernote and still had it to hand and it is still likely relevant. Event, Location, Opening/Tour Times etc.
                                                        • Little Museum Of Dublin, 15 Stephens Grn (Crnr Dawson St), Tours on the hour
                                                        • Natural History Museum, Merrion Square, 9 - 5
                                                        • National Museum, Kildare Street, 9 - 5
                                                        • National Gallery, Clare Street, 9.30 - 5.30
                                                        • Long Room TCD, CC, 9.30 - 5
                                                        • Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, 9 - 5
                                                        • Kilmainham Jail, Inchicore Road/Kilmainham, 9.30 - 5
                                                        • Hugh Lane Gallery, Charlemount Hse, Parnell Sqr North, 10 - 5
                                                        • Glasnevin Cemetry, Glasnevin, Tours Daily at 11.30am + 2.30pm
                                                        • Dublin Castle & Chester Beatty Library, Dublin Castle, 10 to 5
                                                        • St Patricks Cathederal, Patricks Street, Tours at 10.30/11.30/2.30/3/3.30
                                                        • Christchurch, Christchurch, Tours 11am + 2pm
                                                        • The Aras, Saturday Tours

Comment

Hitch you do mad courses for seemingly no reason , have you done any AI/data science ones?

Might start this and then do some others
                                                          Learn online and advance your career with courses in programming, data science, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, and more. Gain in-demand technical skills. Join today!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            Just saw the Kerry bat video that went viral, apparently the family were on Jimmy Kimmel via video last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk0pA-G0Kz8
                                                            Lol. That's my friend Tadhg and his family. He started his own page about 4 years ago just for some fun. His family have been in the videos since day one and his dad is a right character in real life too. They're on the Late Late Show tonight too. It's mental the coverage it's getting.

Comment

One for Keane. The Flemings are originally from Strand Road but moved out to Ballymac

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                'McDonalds deluxe'.

The balls on that guy.
                                                                I will confess that I'm not a McDs menu expert. It was the new fancy burger range. I've no idea what the are at home. "Gourmet" sounds equally ridiculous.

The dude on the bike was just the UberEats guy, bloke's a legend obviously

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                Can't get a fucking sausage in Australia... bunch of gimps!
                                                                British Sausage Company in Coles and Woolies. Have an Irish flavour.
                                                                Cumberland and British Chipolata flavours are good too.

They also do real (raw) bacon too.
                                                                I've no idea why, but all the Aussie bacon is pre-boiled. Disgusted madness.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  One for Keane. The Flemings are originally from Strand Road but moved out to Ballymac
                                                                  Knockmoyle to be precise
                                                                  Didn't know you know them. I know the family for years. Maureen Nd Derry were at my wedding. Maureens brother Terry was my best man and I his. Great family.

Late late tonight (audience). Possibility of reality tv show on rte.

Mental

Comment

Related to the O'Briens yeah? I know Tadhg, he was a little fair haired lad when we were kids. Presume he's probably a foot taller than me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      Thought there was a post like that somewhere! Thanks

Comment

Open House site is live.

People build cities, but cities build people too. This year Open House Dublin delights in and debates the everyday and energetic exchange between Dublin and the people who build it. Dublin is a city and county built of rooms, buildings, streets, railways, pitches, parks and more.

The lotteries always seem to be closed by the time I usually hear about it each year

Comment

There's no such thing as 'originally from Strand Road' by the way. The only way you get out of that is in a coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                            Knockmoyle to be precise
                                                                            Didn't know you know them. I know the family for years. Maureen Nd Derry were at my wedding. Maureens brother Terry was my best man and I his. Great family.

Late late tonight (audience). Possibility of reality tv show on rte.

Mental
                                                                            Lol. Small world. Met him first about 3/4 years ago. He was mates with some lads on the soccer team and he joined up too. Not much difference travelling between Tralee and Killarney from Ballymac sure. Very quiet fella usually so it's a bit mad to see him get all this coverage.
                                                                            Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Related to the O'Briens yeah? I know Tadhg, he was a little fair haired lad when we were kids. Presume he's probably a foot taller than me now.
                                                                            Yeah he's about 6 foot so just over a foot taller than you

Comment

Is there a chrome add on to block Kerry?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Fuck me the weather is horrendous in Copenhagen just stopped pissing down, which it's been doing for over 24 hours straight, with more rain forecasted tomorrow - planning to do a parkrun, will be miserable!

Food in Kiin Kiin amazing last night, expensive as expected but very different. Heartily recommend it for any foodies heading this way.

Comment

It's pissing in Dublin too, don't worry.

Comment

Open House site is live.

People build cities, but cities build people too. This year Open House Dublin delights in and debates the everyday and energetic exchange between Dublin and the people who build it. Dublin is a city and county built of rooms, buildings, streets, railways, pitches, parks and more.

The lotteries always seem to be closed by the time I usually hear about it each year
                                                                                    That is a load of stuff, anybody any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      Is there a chrome add on to block Kerry?
                                                                                      Yeah. It's called go fuck yourself hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                        Fuck me the weather is horrendous in Copenhagen just stopped pissing down, which it's been doing for over 24 hours straight, with more rain forecasted tomorrow - planning to do a parkrun, will be miserable!

Food in Kiin Kiin amazing last night, expensive as expected but very different. Heartily recommend it for any foodies heading this way.
                                                                                        It's even worse in Malta! Thunder and Lightning storms for the past 3/4 hours and torrential rain. On the plus side, probably still be 30 degrees on the beach tomorrow

Comment

Small rant/bemusing story. I'm advising a client from the corporate side. Another firm are advising the trustees and together we're putting in place an investment plan for a pension scheme. So far so normal.

Now the other firm are conflicted as they are also trying to sell their own investment solution which is worth about 90kpa in additional fees to them. They are therefore making the traditional independent investment solution appear expensive in order to make their own thing look relatively attractive. They are doing this by not squeezing the incumbent manager for their best price.

I interject in the process and basically cut them off at the knees by highlighting this and introduce a new passive manager with much lower pricing and saving the scheme and ultimately the client ~45kpa in the process plus the 90k they may have stumped up with the poor advice/steering.

Is the new investment manager happy with me for getting them a new client with €40m to invest with them? No they are worried about upsetting the other consultant.

Is my client happy? Sure, but really they trust me so much to have their back that they can't be bothered showing up to meetings, so they don't even witness how I'm fighting their corner. They pay me and trust me implicitly and that's thanks enough I guess. Funny old world though.

Friday rant over.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

V4V thinly veiled brag/rant makes homer go something something.

Comment

Supposed to get worse next week when that hurricane is finished in Florida.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                  V4V thinly veiled brag/rant makes homer go something something.
                                                                                                  Honestly not Willie. I'm just off the phone with the new investment manager moaning about upsetting the other crew. I wanted to throw the brick top line at them. "If I give a dog a bone I don't want to know if it tasted good"

Instead I told them to stop worrying about upsetting the other crew and that I'd be upsetting a few more folk soon and to get used to it.

I need a break.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Call into Kennedy's and see if SP Junior is serving pints...I think he's working this weekend.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-09-17, 16:08.

Comment

Review!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Honestly not Willie. I'm just off the phone with the new investment manager moaning about upsetting the other crew. I wanted to throw the brick top line at them. "If I give a dog a bone I don't want to know if it tasted good"

Instead I told them to stop worrying about upsetting the other crew and that I'd be upsetting a few more folk soon and to get used to it.

I need a break.
                                                                                                        Just yanking

Comment

Went out for a run at lunchtime and timed it perfectly that I hit the torrential shower just in the last quarter.

WIt was fantastic, jogging along in the warm downpour while everyone else is diving for cover hiding ion the bushes. Its almost impossible to motivate oneself to go out when its raining but when you are out and it starts it really is the most wonderful thing.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Someone linked a good site for ebooks recently, cant find it in the thread?

Comment

8.50pm in Greece, still 24 degrees. Just about to sit down to some al fresco dinner in shorts and t-shirt, am going to miss this

Comment

Glorious as always in the SSE

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                                      Someone linked a good site for ebooks recently, cant find it in the thread?
                                                                                                                      This is it

Comment

24 and smokey as tits here in Calgary.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk0pA-G0Kz8
                                                                                                                          Heard all the palarva but have only watched it now.

You're faerce funny you Kerry fuckers.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X