Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You chopped it! I thought you were going to lose both so as a bad beat its pretty underwhelming. Also don't like the four bet pre this deep unless you are 4 betting a balanced range

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      don't run it twice.
      must have been some auto-option that couldn't be unchecked

also: Nicky O'D?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        I feel like such a neckbeard saying this but Game of thrones
        SPOILER
        is fucking shit now.that whole littlefinger plot,ugh.
        We'll always have those first 3 seasons and the Mcgregor trouncing mayweather sized chance that Martin will stop enjoying his success and finish the series properly

Actually shit is a bit harsh ,they were given a fairly impossible task
        SPOILER
        I enjoyed episode 7 a lot more than 6.
        Agree the Littlefinger plot was poor. They aren't great writers. When they don't have George's source material to work with there's a massive dip in quality. The best lines from this episode were recalls of old lines, ffs. Honestly, I could have come up with more interesting ways for all of that to pan out without taking too long or relying on teleportation, and it would have made more sense.

I'm enjoying it as a fanfic. It seems unlikely that GRRM will finish the books, so at least we will have an ending to work with whenever he dies.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          SPOILER
          Agree the Littlefinger plot was poor. They aren't great writers. When they don't have George's source material to work with there's a massive dip in quality. The best lines from this episode were recalls of old lines, ffs. Honestly, I could have come up with more interesting ways for all of that to pan out without taking too long or relying on teleportation, and it would have made more sense.

I'm enjoying it as a fanfic. It seems unlikely that GRRM will finish the books, so at least we will have an ending to work with whenever he dies.
          SPOILER
          Do you think Tyrion has made some deal with Cersei? trying to work out why he looked so sad. He was rooting for Jon and Danaery's and then looked sadly at him going in the room for the roide? I know he said he was in love with his Queen but why the look and they showed it twice so there must be some significance

Was chatting to my friend here and we were saying maybe he promised his new niece/nephew the Iron throne after Dany dies if she is barren?

Anyway. On the books. He has no need to finish them. My pal here refusing to watch the last 2 seasons till the Winds of Winter comes out. How the hell do you not spoil it for yourself with everything on the net? the net Truly is Dark and Full of Spoilers!

Comment

You know what Facebook needs this week? It needs one more picture of a kid having their first day back at school. That's what it needs.
            feel like uploading a photo of me cracking open a magnum and saying 'thank fuck!'?

one....more....day

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              must have been some auto-option that couldn't be unchecked

also: Nicky O'D?
              May he RIP, was a lovely man, shocking what drugs do to a man.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                SPOILER
                Do you think Tyrion has made some deal with Cersei? trying to work out why he looked so sad. He was rooting for Jon and Danaery's and then looked sadly at him going in the room for the roide? I know he said he was in love with his Queen but why the look and they showed it twice so there must be some significance

Was chatting to my friend here and we were saying maybe he promised his new niece/nephew the Iron throne after Dany dies if she is barren?

Anyway. On the books. He has no need to finish them. My pal here refusing to watch the last 2 seasons till the Winds of Winter comes out. How the hell do you not spoil it for yourself with everything on the net? the net Truly is Dark and Full of Spoilers!
                SPOILER
                Yeah he's definitely told Cersei that Dany is barren, so her kid can rule next.
                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 29-08-17, 08:59.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ffs andy, spoiler that shit.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    There is an audition process so yeah...
                    By the quarter finals there is always someone who catches the imagination, usually because they are very smart and 3/4 of the way along the autistic spectrum or, god forbid, have breasts but sometimes just because they are very good.
                    DeBock tonight was good enough to be a star but you have to have a good with you team to get through.
                    I think I phrased it wrong. I meant could we the see the actual same contestants as last year, or is there a rule that they can only be on once?
                    Though thinking about it they'd probably be mostly in their final year anyway when they do UC, and thus have left college by the time of the next series.

Comment

Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        Who died ?

Also Facebook 2018 Sept. My boy starts school. You better heart the photo or I'm hexing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          You chopped it! I thought you were going to lose both so as a bad beat its pretty underwhelming. Also don't like the four bet pre this deep unless you are 4 betting a balanced range
                          Since I'm in position it's fine. This deep he still can't even get in a fifth of his stack preflop with a 5-bet. so I would have raised back a lot of broadway connected hands also.
                          Low stakes bankroll building videos now on my Youtube channel
                          Also check out my live twitch streams

Comment

SPOILER
                            Yeah he's definitely told Cersei that Dany is barren, so her kid can rule next.
                            SPOILER
                            Also presumably that he will keep her and Jon from getting married or will betray and kill Jon to secure his family

Comment

don't run it twice.
                              Why not?

Comment

Anyone any opinions on this?

Partypoker and John Duthie are in full support that it's not an angle and think it's Pokerstars trying to sabotage their new pro by giving it air time, and suggesting that they asked their own sponsored pros to come out against it.

It's 100% an angleshoot imo, no matter what way he wants to dress it up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Partypoker and John Duthie are in full support that it's not an angle and think it's Pokerstars trying to sabotage their new pro by giving it air time, and suggesting that they asked their own sponsored pros to come out against it.

It's 100% an angleshoot imo, no matter what way he wants to dress it up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Chhm3h42M
                                  Its possibly an angleshoot like he says for further information that he perceives as some sort of physical tell, something he can use later but I don't think its an angleshoot to make a decison about that specific hand. I do think he has made his mind up to fold.
                                  I agree though definitely an element of angle shooting

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                    Ya, it's tailed off in quality for me. Dialogue and plot are as clunky as Aidan Gillens accent. Everything is signposted pretty much now. I'm glad that character is dead though, been useless for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      Who died ?

Also Facebook 2018 Sept. My boy starts school. You better heart the photo or I'm hexing you.
                                      Nicky aka nicnicnic, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                        Who died ?

Nicky aka nicnicnic, no?
                                        Wtf lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Wtf lol?
                                          , when a joke get butchered... brutal

Comment

You know what Facebook needs this week? It needs one more picture of a kid having their first day back at school. That's what it needs.
                                            I am jealous of all these pictures, I have another 4 weeks till the two youngest go back to school and the eldest is going into her second year in college and god knows when in October that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                              Its possibly an angleshoot like he says for further information that he perceives as some sort of physical tell, something he can use later but I don't think its an angleshoot to make a decison about that specific hand. I do think he has made his mind up to fold.
                                              I agree though definitely an element of angle shooting
                                              I think it has to be angle shooting when he says "you got it" without folding or even motioning to fold. He only motions to fold after he gets the physical reaction he wanted. It's pretty low to be honest, but I think I agree with him when he says Pokerstars are intentionally making a big deal out of it in order to attack a rival company's pro player.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

GF and all her teacher friends are back tomorrow nothing worse than a teacher giving out about going back to school.

She's not bad then again she's had 14 months travelling but you'd swear 2 months off travelling happens to everyone.

GF has seniors they're supposedly the best along with 5th.

I'm waiting for my timetable hoping for Fridays off

Originally posted by O.D. View Post
                                                I think it has to be angle shooting when he says "you got it" without folding or even motioning to fold. He only motions to fold after he gets the physical reaction he wanted. It's pretty low to be honest, but I think I agree with him when he says Pokerstars are intentionally making a big deal out of it in order to attack a rival company's pro player.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientSleepyKathyKlappa
                                                Seems like a reach that stars are intentionally giving it extra coverage because it's another site's pro tbh.
                                                I see the angle shoot and I think its got fair coverage given he's a reg on tour but the Stars sabotage bit is a bit speculative imo
                                                Last edited by Guest; 29-08-17, 10:07.

Comment

I can't really see how it's not an angle?

What's his cliffs? 15mins is wayyyy too long!

Comment

, when a joke get butchered... brutal
                                                    Go home pokerhand, you're drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Wtf lol?
                                                      Jesus interesting reading this morning
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        I think I phrased it wrong. I meant could we the see the actual same contestants as last year, or is there a rule that they can only be on once?
                                                        Though thinking about it they'd probably be mostly in their final year anyway when they do UC, and thus have left college by the time of the next series.
                                                        I don't ever remember seeing any contestant return.

I know the audition process was tightened up after various fiascoes like where Corpus Christi were thrown out because one of the team had gone off to work in the real world in the course of production or the team of pro quizzers who signed up to the open university with no other intention than to get on UC
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GF and all her teacher friends are back tomorrow nothing worse than a teacher giving out about going back to school.

She's not bad then again she's had 14 months travelling but you'd swear 2 months off travelling happens to everyone.

GF has seniors they're supposedly the best along with 5th.

I'm waiting for my timetable hoping for Fridays off

Seems like a reach that stars are intentionally giving it extra coverage because it's another site's pro tbh.
                                                          I see the angle shoot and I think its got fair coverage given he's a reg on tour but the Stars sabotage bit is a bit speculative imo
                                                          Pokerstars are featuring the clip on their twitch, calling it 'Pads Angle Shoot?' and Pads says a number of Pokerstars pros have come out and attacked him. Seems a bit opportunistic to me. that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            I can't really see how it's not an angle?

What's his cliffs? 15mins is wayyyy too long!
                                                            It's literally 15 minutes of him going way off on a tangent on unrelated stuff that he feels the need to tell us so that he can try and get his point across that he wasn't angling, which make him sound 10 times worse. Talking about it being hand for hand, the setup, how bad it is for TV, how stuffy the room was, the fact he had to have 3 showers in a day etc. Load of BS.

In a nutshell.... As soon as the other guy bet, he made his mind up straight away that he was going to fold. He tried to explain to us like we're idiots that having a big stack on his left makes it difficult for him for the rest of the tournament...so he tried to talk to him to see if he was weak or strong, so that he doesnt have to spend 1 minute on 10 different occasions trying to get it read, so thought he would get it out of the way now. He said he wasn't even considering calling but the whole charade was about getting a read. He also said the other guy looks at him, smiles and goes to fold his hand which is a stonewall tell that he has the nuts but that i think he might have a short memory because that didn't happen.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                Morning
                                                                You are alive!

Thanks be to god

Comment

Any drugs going?

Comment

Morning
                                                                    You'll sort me out for a couple of tix for Sunday , rroight boy?
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Morning
                                                                      Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      You are alive!

Thanks be to god
                                                                      Ffs just bought the black dress, was ready for an ipb session.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Pokerstars are featuring the clip on their twitch, calling it 'Pads Angle Shoot?' and Pads says a number of Pokerstars pros have come out and attacked him. Seems a bit opportunistic to me. that's all.
                                                                        Perhaps its a slight troll and they wouldn't have given the same for one of their pros. I think other tour regs not sponsored by another gambling company would receive similar treatment though. I wouldn't imagine there is a malicious agenda from Stars possibly a bit of trolling at most.

Regarding the hand its an obvious angle, the only ambiguity for me would be whether any info gained after he says "you got it" would have resulted in him making a call. I would have probably said no but if the opponent suddenly exposes a bluff, things change.

Comment

Perhaps its a slight troll and they wouldn't have given the same for one of their pros. I think other tour regs not sponsored by another gambling company would receive similar treatment though. I wouldn't imagine there is a malicious agenda from Stars possibly a bit of trolling at most.

Regarding the hand its an obvious angle, the only ambiguity for me would be whether any info gained after he says "you got it" would have resulted in him making a call. I would have probably said no but if the opponent suddenly exposes a bluff, things change.
                                                                          The guy actually motions to muck his hand thinking he's already won the pot. Imagine if he had done that before Pads' hand was dead? Wouldn't fancy being the TD for that one.

Comment

My apologies. It was actually the other guy trying to angle Pads

Originally posted by pads View Post
                                                                            You guys really think he was going to muck when I said "you got it" he was doing his pretending to muck to get a reaction from me an make himself look weak, the typical "look weak, act weak" I was obviously already folding was just giving him a little bit of fun.
                                                                            Originally posted by pads View Post
                                                                            Hahaha just watched it back and I fold like 5 seconds later after smiling at him. Commentators don't get it because they obviously don't play/know poker. I had chips in my hand and was folding and just hadn't even got to my cards yet. It's crazy. If you think this is angling seriously never play live poker you will be traumatised..

Comment

The guy actually motions to muck his hand thinking he's already won the pot. Imagine if he had done that before Pads' hand was dead? Wouldn't fancy being the TD for that one.
                                                                              If a guys says you "have it" and waits for the other guy to muck, he can fook off imo.

Comment

Look lads, ye are going to have to calm it with the poker talk in here. Getting a bit much lately. I am sure you can find some place like 2+2 to chat about it and let us all talk shite here

Comment

My apologies. It was actually the other guy trying to angle Pads
                                                                                  That's what i figured too. There must not be too much angling banter in Malta.

Definitely digging himself a hole though. I'm surprised he's bothering with all the responses

Comment

2nd last day here and still doing 4+ hours training my replacements a day.
                                                                                    I'm starting to think this wasn't really well thought out.
                                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-08-17, 11:08. Reason: removed some silly things
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What's going on Ted ?

Comment

Morning
                                                                                        Mourning

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          You'll sort me out for a couple of tix for Sunday , rroight boy?
                                                                                          Resurrection I can do, but that's a different ballpark miracle

Comment

for fans of sporting sickness, check out the second WI wicket this morning

SPOILER
                                                                                            Batsman hits the ball straight back in the air for a relatively easy catch. Bowler (Stuart Broad) drops it and immediately looks disgusted with himself. Dropped ball however gently rolls into the non-striker's stumps, to run him out. Illness!

Comment

Alas poor nicnic, I knew him on the net
                                                                                              A Deise man, he liked a drink and a bet
                                                                                              Until the day came, we learned he was no more
                                                                                              "WTF?" said IPB, "nicnic has been called ashore"
                                                                                              until the man himself released us from the sweat

Comment

What's the story with lads taking their tops off during road races,twats who think everyone must see their guns /pecs
                                                                                                I'm not generally competitive in road races,usually gassing and being passed in the latter stages but always put a bit of work in when I see one of said twats in front of me

Comment

Resurrection I can do, but that's a different ballpark miracle
                                                                                                  Ticket situation going to get a lot better over the next couple of days.

Comment

The Duke posted 'Nicky O'D?'

Pokerhand said RIP as a joke.

Then he got his Nickys in a twist.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Actually pokerhand that gave me a good titter. WP

Comment

Great test match, all 3 results still around the 2/1 mark halfway through day 5.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Great test match, all 3 results still around the 2/1 mark halfway through day 5.
                                                                                                          Windies are caning them but rain coming

fair play to WI, really showed the big in this game. With the bat anyway.

Comment

funking hard for WI here, they can really go for it here with 7 wickets in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              funking hard for WI here, they can really go for it here with 7 wickets in hand
                                                                                                              never lost it, wicket next ball

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                Harris county which basically the centre of houston is projected to have 650 billion gallons of water dumped on it by the middle of the week. i can't fathom a quantity that size
                                                                                                                As of noon Sunday, about 9 trillion gallons had fallen on greater Houston area and Southeast Texas

if that water was collected into a cube, it would be approximately be four miles square and two miles tall!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  As of noon Sunday, about 9 trillion gallons had fallen on greater Houston area and Southeast Texas

if that water was collected into a cube, it would be approximately be four miles square and two miles tall!
                                                                                                                  Wouldn't be a cube then m8
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Wouldn't be a cube then m8
                                                                                                                    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Ticket situation going to get a lot better over the next couple of days.
                                                                                                                      Hopefully but expecting them to be much harder to find than last time Galway there, all of Waterford will want to go. Send me on any spares you get!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        Why not?
                                                                                                                        Because a cube is equal on all sides. A cuboid is what you're thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                          Because a cube is equal on all sides. A cuboid is what you're thinking of.
                                                                                                                          4 miles square is 2 miles long by 2 miles wide. The height is 2 miles also so it's a perfect cube?!?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X