Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a queue with Galway Waterford tickets, and in the next week I'll be exhausting all avenues as I haven't missed a final in years and this one I'm involved with both parties so I'll owe someone one if they get me some.

If I do get extra elsewhere I'll sort you out first though switchy
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      Imelda May has cancelled headlining a (bank holiday weekend) festival tomorrow night, where tickets are up to £90 a head to sing the anthem at the McGregor fight!

Her and Wilco Johnson the only names on list, gonna be a lot of pissed off people!
      Bad form . She will regret that when she reviews
      2017. Surprised she is so blatantly screwing her own fans to be part of the charade.

Comment

Also off topic. But all you home brew beer folks, I had this drink from a company called four provinces called Piper. I am an instant big fan, anyone tasted this? I love this
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          I need two tickets to the hurling final, can some kind soul please oblige
          Originally posted by careca View Post
          Absolute gold dust this year mdoug. Good luck with that.
          They always turn up but you have to wait until a few days before and have a contact in place. The system of sending them to every county drips feeds back. I remember before I was obliged to buy more of these " gold dust" tickets after having secured my own 2 beside eachother that morning. Then hassel of meeting people and trying re sell when you only get it 5 mins before start and most have gone through a ticket check to even get outside croker.
          Missed a good 10 mins that day

Comment

Maybe some poetry from eubank will put some doubts on the mayweather lumpers. You must be very rich here if you think 1/4 is value or a cert. Why dont the people who say they are taking free money on mayweather throw up some bets. Im interested to see what kind of lumpage is lumpage here.

I have no bet on but i certainly wouldnt be lumping on mayweather. Would I be shocked if mcgregor knocks him out? Not at all

Chris Eubank speaks to Ariel Helwani about all things Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, combat sports, his career, and much more. Subscribe: http://www.yo...

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
              Maybe some poetry from eubank will put some doubts on the mayweather lumpers. You must be very rich here if you think 1/4 is value or a cert. Why dont the people who say they are taking free money on mayweather throw up some bets. Im interested to see what kind of lumpage is lumpage here.

I have no bet on but i certainly wouldnt be lumping on mayweather. Would I be shocked if mcgregor knocks him out? Not at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerZ-jO_Cv0
              The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride hype fucking with you. Fuck pride hype.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Lumping on anything in a 2 horse race is retarded.

The only surprising outcomes tomorrow are McGregor by decision or a Draw, but just about every likely event has no value in it to be backed apart from the 1/2 I was told about for him to wear an Irish flag during his walkout.

Age could well of smacked Mayweather in the face, McGregor might not be a boxer but is an elite fighter who is ridiculously powerful and precise. He needs to KO him in the first 3 rounds to win imo, highly unlikely but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Still dont think I'm going to stay up and watch it, not getting the hype or buzz. Mayweather bores me more than anything in sport, he put me off boxing. Hopefully McGregor wrecks him.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

The only surprising outcomes tomorrow are McGregor by decision or a Draw, but just about every likely event has no value in it to be backed apart from the 1/2 I was told about for him to wear an Irish flag during his walkout.

Age could well of smacked Mayweather in the face, McGregor might not be a boxer but is an elite fighter who is ridiculously powerful and precise. He needs to KO him in the first 3 rounds to win imo, highly unlikely but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Still dont think I'm going to stay up and watch it, not getting the hype or buzz. Mayweather bores me more than anything in sport, he put me off boxing. Hopefully McGregor wrecks him.
                  That's my bet, Big Mac rounds 1 to 4 at 7s. They'll have a plan being the strategic heads they are, whether they pull it off.

I do still harbour thoughts of the Undertaker coming out of retirement during round 2 and issuing some tombstones too though...

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    Looking for 3/1 about a 7/4 shot nearly as bad as looking for evens about a 5/2 shot!

I'll give you 2/1 to a 100.
                    If that's open to others I'll take it.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride hype fucking with you. Fuck pride hype.
                      ha i just enjoyed that interview. im not trying call the fight. the hype must be your side my friend. this is a boxing match so we are all in the unknown on mcgregors ability.

By all accounts flyod should win but you must be the one who takes the hype. I repeat what i said I would not be suprised if mcgregor knocks him out. Have you actually watched maywaethers fights? and if you still think he is so great. did u watch bolts last run

how much u in for oleras? worried now why not cheer on a fellow irishman anyway.

Yes i think Mcgregor can win. Doesnt worry me if he doesnt. But to say Flyod is a cert is flawed logic because you dont know shit about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        If that's open to others I'll take it.

Booked. Will take another 100 from SP and that's it.

Comment

Cool just to confirm its 100 at 2/1 for Mayo to qualify?
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                            2017. Surprised she is so blatantly screwing her own fans to be part of the charade.
                            I thought that when I first read Sham's post.

Then I realised she'd be stone wall crazy to turn it down.

Yeah, bad form screwing a few hundred fans but this is exposing her to an audience of 50m.

She'd be an idiot to play that festival.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have mayweather backed at 1.3 for the life roll and am likely gonna pussy out.
                              Might go a bit mad and back mayweather to win unanimous decision and lay to win by decision, 5% profit but surely he'd never win in a split?

Serious question time, anyone have a list of pubs showing this fight later?
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's not a cert but you're getting 1/4 on something that's probably ~1/20

He's bigger now than he was against actual pro-boxers

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Serious question time, anyone have a list of pubs showing this fight later?
                                  Not sure any are at all?

I did see through a mate who plays there that Bluebell FC were showing it in the clubhouse - €50 in but open bar from 11pm onwards, sure +EV for a man with your thirst

Be interested to see what happens in the likes of the Aquarium which will probably be swarmed but the drinks service stops about 3.30 I think and id imagine a lot would be sitting around playing little on the tables.....

Actually out in town myself later but highly doubtful i'll hang about that late tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Not sure any are at all?

I did see through a mate who plays there that Bluebell FC were showing it in the clubhouse - €50 in but open bar from 11pm onwards, sure +EV for a man with your thirst

Be interested to see what happens in the likes of the Aquarium which will probably be swarmed but the drinks service stops about 3.30 I think and id imagine a lot would be sitting around playing little on the tables.....

Actually out in town myself later but highly doubtful i'll hang about that late tbh...
                                    This one confuses me, presumably if they're advertising to the public they're actually going to stick to the booze limits. So people are just going to be sitting around twiddling thumbs for a few hours?

Cost: €20 per person. €17.50 for students, teenagers over the age of 18 and seniors (60+).

Screening: The fight will be shown on three separate screens on the night. Screens will be open to customers from 11.45pm, customers will not be admitted after 2am.

Availability: 490 tickets still available

Additional information: Alcohol will be served until approximately 12.30pm. Standard cinema refreshments will also be available.

Comment

Not sure any are at all?

Remind me, don't you have a bet against a kerryman that kerry won't win Sam this year?
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Not sure any are at all?

I heard that alright, likely to attend it in reality if it actually is an open bar, above value. Just have a fuck load of guests at my hostel who are looking for somewhere to watch it and have absolutely no answer for them

Living room definitely not showing it, thought some hotels would have residents bars and people here might be in the know ya know.

Plus All Ireland tickets obvs.
                                        That four provinces piper was a lovely beer though I must say.
                                        Last edited by mdoug; 26-08-17, 08:07.
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          I thought that when I first read Sham's post.

Then I realised she'd be stone wall crazy to turn it down.

Yeah, bad form screwing a few hundred fans but this is exposing her to an audience of 50m.

She'd be an idiot to play that festival.
                                          To sing the national anthem? Listen good luck to her but it stinks imo.

Comment

She could have done a Phil Collins on it if we still had Concorde.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                              That's my bet, Big Mac rounds 1 to 4 at 7s. They'll have a plan being the strategic heads they are, whether they pull it off.
                                              I repeat what i said I would not be suprised if mcgregor knocks him out. Have you actually watched maywaethers fights? and if you still think he is so great. did u watch bolts last run

how much u in for oleras? worried now why not cheer on a fellow irishman anyway.

Yes i think Mcgregor can win. Doesnt worry me if he doesnt. But to say Flyod is a cert is flawed logic because you dont know shit about boxing
                                              People like you guys are a contributing factor to me getting 1.3 on Floyd.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                Remind me, don't you have a bet against a kerryman that kerry won't win Sam this year?
                                                Yeah, bet was reduced but its €3k to our €10k, I have 33% of the bet.
                                                Last edited by Dice75; 26-08-17, 09:03. Reason: wrong way around

Comment

I seen a bet a couple of weeks ago but can't find it now. McGregor not to win a round or Mayweather to win every round. I cant remember exactly it was 5/2 then reduced to 2/1
                                                  IMO McGregor needs to knock him out and even though I don't think thats likely I think its even less likely that McGregor beats him on points in any round provided there isnt a knock down. He needs to catch him cold as Mayweather is picking him apart.
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 26-08-17, 09:10.

Comment

Yeah, bet was reduced but its €3k to our €10k, I have 33% of the bet.
                                                    Getting a fairly decent sweat from it

Wonder if he would welch on it if it came in?
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Anyone not watching the NZ v Australia game is missing a full on classic
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

My point was you are backing against the unknown really. showing a list of mayweather fights v pro's and odds is rather pointlesss.

History of this place in recent times has turned over bigger shots in politics and sport than an old boxer back for one last payday cause it has to against a fresh rookie with a purpose built camp for the last year. ( Watch more doubts now )

I just find it funny that ye seem to think he is going to turn up and get his arse handed to him without any reasoning bar somebody said so and its his " first fight ". I will also go against the opinion he has to take him out early. Cardio isnt an issue and no need to worry about Mayweather coming out like he wants to finish earlier either. Expect boring first few rounds not fireworks. Again this is a boxing match

Comment

My point was you are backing against the unknown really. showing a list of mayweather fights v pro's and odds is rather pointlesss.

History of this place in recent times has turned over bigger shots in politics and sport than an old boxer back for one last payday cause it has to against a fresh rookie with a purpose built camp for the last year. ( Watch more doubts now )

I just find it funny that ye seem to think he is going to turn up and get his arse handed to him without any reasoning bar somebody said so and its his " first fight ". I will also go against the opinion he has to take him out early. Cardio isnt an issue and no need to worry about Mayweather coming out like he wants to finish earlier either. Expect boring first few rounds not fireworks. Again this is a boxing match
                                                          But we do know a lot about this fight.

We know that Mayweather is the greatest boxer of his generation.

We know he's 49-0.

We know he has outclassed world class boxers in relatively recent times.

We know McGregor is an amateur boxer who has doesn't have a professional fight to his name.

Comment

I struggle to understand how you think that Mayweathers previous results are not relevant. How are you backing the unknown? Yes youre backing the unknown to a point with McGregor but Mayweathers record is outstanding its completely known and relevant.

Yes there are upsets in sport everyday but not all sporting events are remotely as high profile as this.
                                                            I think that idea that hes going to get his arse handed to him because its his first fight is pretty sound logic to be honest.

I dont get your purpose built camp stuff either. If it was purpose built for boxing would it not make sense to draft in a boxing coach like Freddie Roach.
                                                            As you said its a boxing match vs a fighter with a perfect record who is a master tactician. McGregor has already pulled off an upset by even getting this fight. I hope he wins he's not a 4/1 shot.

Comment

Would have you considered the first League vs Union or the first Aussie Rules vs Gaa match-ups the same way?

Comment

For consideration.

Mayweather's price is hilarious.

edit: should have read back a bit.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                It's not a cert but you're getting 1/4 on something that's probably ~1/20

He's bigger now than he was against actual pro-boxers
                                                                This

Comment

Booked 100 mayo to qualify 2/1
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jesus, the sky sports photos used to show team line outs are woeful.

Comment

Glad I transferred Charlie Daniels out this morning. Can't be supporting that kind of filth.

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                        People like you guys are a contributing factor to me getting 1.3 on Floyd.

xx
                                                                        No, I'm not. I haven't made a bet you mong.

Post up your bet there. Lotsa people love to play pretend.

Comment

In fairness what does he achieve by posting up bets? If they're small stakes he's a coward; if they're big stakes he's a showoff...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                            Making out she screwed her fans is exaggerating a little/
                                                                            The "festival" was a music event in a posh boardimg school. I'd be surprised if any of the people going had even heard of her

Comment

Did I say you made a bet?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                In fairness what does he achieve by posting up bets? If they're small stakes he's a coward; if they're big stakes he's a showoff...
                                                                                If they're big stakes he's backed up his shite talk.
                                                                                If they're small stakes the shite talk is a bit odd, but betting is relative.
                                                                                If they don't exists it's just sad really.

Comment

Did I say you made a bet?
                                                                                  No you didn't, if you think me rambling about McGregor having a punchers chance on a small poker foum is a contributing factor to the price of something then you're a bit silly.

Go get that free money m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    If they're big stakes he's backed up his shite talk.
                                                                                    If they're small stakes the shite talk is a bit odd, but betting is relative.
                                                                                    If they don't exists it's just sad really.
                                                                                    This.

Also sick of listening and reading about geniuses lumping everything they have on this sure thing. Half the cunts probably shop with coupons and drink tuborg.

Comment

No you didn't, if you think me rambling about McGregor having a punchers chance on a small poker foum is a contributing factor to the price of something then you're a bit silly.

Presume he meant the general sentiment.

Comment

You're part of a large group of people who think 7/2 isn't a shockingly short price for McGregor and you voiced your opinion on it.

Idiots listen to other idiots, opinions spread and concencuses get shaped. I'm sure you yourself haven't caused a seismic shift in the market but you need to see how you're part of the bigger picture man

Comment

Massive hurricane hits Texas, hope there's no loss of life.

Comment

You're part of a large group of people who think 7/2 isn't a shockingly short price for McGregor and you voiced your opinion on it.

Idiots listen to other idiots, opinions spread and concencuses get shaped. I'm sure you yourself haven't caused a seismic shift in the market but you need to see how you're part of the bigger picture man
                                                                                            I've said the opposite numerous times.

Who the fook is this guy.

Comment

From the statisticians forecasting sports scores to the intelligent bots beating human poker players, Adam Kucharski traces the scientific origins of the wor...

Comment

I've said the opposite numerous times.

Who the fook is this guy.
                                                                                                As someone who's a big fan of McGregor and more confident in winning than most. What price do you think they should be?

Comment

Haven't seen it yet but looks to be scenes in the City game. Sterling gets booked, scores the winner, then picks up a second yellow to be sent off, all in the 90th minute?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                    As someone who's a big fan of McGregor and more confident in winning than most. What price do you think they should be?
                                                                                                    Zero confidence in him winning. I just know he has a punchers chance.

McGregor should be bigger than anyone has been against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                      Haven't seen it yet but looks to be scenes in the City game. Sterling gets booked, scores the winner, then picks up a second yellow to be sent off, all in the 90th minute?
                                                                                                      Game went to near 101 minutes, 5 was signalled. Messy stuff.
                                                                                                      Font size changed on the Sky clock, shoddy bit of programming imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                        9 yellows and one red. Most of them from 70 mins plus. Sounds like both teams got stuck in and went for it. Will have to watch motd

Comment

You said earlier that lumping on anything in a two horse race is retarded. Even the most optimistic of people giving Conor a punchers chance would admit he is probably a 10-1? So if you are getting 1.3 about a 1/10 shot, how is lumping money on that a bad thing? Value is value whether you are back a 3/1 shot that should be 8/1 it is no different.

I had actually watched that video Emmet just posted before. He outlines that when betting on something you believe to be value the optimal amount is determined to be

(Pwin-Plose X Odds)/Odds

So ((9/10-1/10) X .3)/.3 = .8

That equates to a very large bet. I think most people would make Conor much longer skewing the figures a good bit further in the amount you should bet. I don't understand why you have gotten so irrational about this topic.

Opr

Comment

Im huge on weight differences in combat sport. I fancied Diaz first time around given the weight difference and I do think that McGregor could enter the ring 10 pounds heavier so like you said punchers chance.

Unsure if this was shared. I think its a bit unfair on McGregor. I agree with some stuff for sure but his persona means he will inevitably go overboard at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Game went to near 101 minutes, 5 was signalled. Messy stuff.
                                                                                                              Font size changed on the Sky clock, shoddy bit of programming imo.
                                                                                                              5 mins sure, but referee had a 2 mins chin wag with the managers, a two mins injury and a sub within that time, the 101 mins actually felt short changed as ridiculous time wasting going on. 2nd yellow card for celebrating with away fans. T'was a farce, Ref had an absolute nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                Making out she screwed her fans is exaggerating a little/
                                                                                                                The "festival" was a music event in a posh boardimg school. I'd be surprised if any of the people going had even heard of her
                                                                                                                Lol where do you get your info from ?you are wrong to put it mildly

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  You said earlier that lumping on anything in a two horse race is retarded. Even the most optimistic of people giving Conor a punchers chance would admit he is probably a 10-1? So if you are getting 1.3 about a 1/10 shot, how is lumping money on that a bad thing? Value is value whether you are back a 3/1 shot that should be 8/1 it is no different.

I had actually watched that video Emmet just posted before. He outlines that when betting on something you believe to be value the optimal amount is determined to be

(Pwin-Plose X Odds)/Odds

So ((9/10-1/10) X .3)/.3 = .8

That equates to a very large bet. I think most people would make Conor much longer skewing the figures a good bit further in the amount you should bet. I don't understand why you have gotten so irrational about this topic.

Opr
                                                                                                                  G'way with your irrational shite. Lumping on anything in a two horse race is stupid most of the time imo, lumping on Mayweather here isn't terrible but I wouldn't do it myself if I had thousands lying around to gamble. I don't know what the biggest price has been against Mayweather, McGregor should be longer than 10/1.

People keep saying he isn't a boxer but he is an elite fighter who has length, power and great use of angles. Ridiculous precision too. There's probably very few boxers as precise as he is. All that against the greatest defensive boxer ever is nowhere near enough, he needs to get lucky and land that punch a few times. McGregors opponents go down and get jumped on and finished. Boxing gives you a 10 count. He has to be knocked out or knocked silly inside 4 for McGregor to win. Thats longer than a 10/1 shot imo.

Mayweather hasn't fought in 2 years, is 40 years old. He's guaranteed to have slowed down a bit. He will likely dance about and make a fool of him and find a finish as McGregor gasses from punching air.

I gave out about people pretending to be lumping on Mayweather, that isn't irrational. Good luck to them if they have but stfu about it. Post your bet or post after you have won, stfu pretending you are some kind of genius who knows something will definitely happen and are printing money.

Fuck off and play with your calculator. There is irrational for you.

Im huge on weight differences in combat sport. I fancied Diaz first time around given the weight difference and I do think that McGregor could enter the ring 10 pounds heavier so like you said punchers chance.

Unsure if this was shared. I think its a bit unfair on McGregor. I agree with some stuff for sure but his persona means he will inevitably go overboard at times.
                                                                                                                  I agree with the weight but I just don't see it having much of an effect in the boxing ring, in 8oz gloves against the best defensive boxer about.

Wouldn't be bothered reading stuff from journos who have no clue, there has been some cringey uneducated shit written in the last month. The ESPN drama queen going on about Crumlin being like Compton was my fav.

Comment

Kerry Keeper kicks out after a point and puts it out over the line for a 45
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Kerry Keeper kicks out after a point and puts it out over the line for a 45
                                                                                                                      What was he at for the goal.

Comment

Conor was 4 heavier today, when considerably more dehydrated.
                                                                                                                        He'll definitely be 10 heavier. Possibly close to 20

Comment

Are the internet police going to be out in force tonight bringing down streams, or will if be handy enough to get somewhere to watch it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X