Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the girlfriends birthday recently I got a handmade card made especially for her, wrote a message that I'd take her away somewhere and go to something she would love without saying where. I still wouldnt tell her even after a few days, kept telling her it's a surprise and to trust me.
    At this stage as you can imagine she's not a happy camper still thinking I got her nothing.
    So popped a note into her handbag on Monday to explain all that I was taking her over to Windsor to see Boyzone live in concert but she didn't cop the note until I had to call her at lunch asking had she taken my keys that morning by mistake.
    Turns out I'm the best boyfriend ever until today when she figured out that there is horse racing on before the concert.
    Still major brownie points earned here.
    Last edited by Hooch; 24-08-17, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
      For the girlfriends birthday recently I got a handmade card made especially for her, wrote a message that I'd take her away somewhere and go to something she would love without saying where. I still wouldnt tell her even after a few days, kept telling her it's a surprise and to trust me.
      At this stage as you can imagine she's not a happy camper still thinking I got her nothing.
      So pooped a note into her handbag on Monday to explain all that I was taking her over to Windsor to see Boyzone live in concert but she didn't cop the note until I had to call her at lunch asking had she taken my keys that morning by mistake.
      Turns out I'm the best boyfriend ever until today when she figured out that there is horse racing on before the concert.
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        Nvm. Been informed it's a village called Easky and doesn't look like much goes on. Will have to find the local parish hall
        Try the chowder in the pilot in Enniscrone. I tried your spot in Dingle and done Moorings in Portmagee. I have the pilot as my number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          That wouldn't have went down good with her.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            I heard that too. Best rugby league team playing the best union team i thought
            Think those rule sets are a little to similar. Closer to cricket v baseball or rugby v American football are closer due to the bigger rule differences imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Think those rule sets are a little to similar. Closer to cricket v baseball or rugby v American football are closer due to the bigger rule differences imo.
              Probably the best comparison is one to that actually happened previously, I,.e. international rules... aussie football v GAA. What a farce that was! Is that still ongoing or has it been scrapped? Haven't heard about it in a while now.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                So popped a note into her handbag on Monday to explain all that I was taking her over to Windsor to see Boyzone live in concert but she didn't cop the note until I had to call her at lunch asking had she taken my keys that morning by mistake.
                Oh jesus. You didn't lose the keys did you? She'll kill you for that

Comment

Predictive text is gas how it changed the name of the band you're bringing her to to Boyzone.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    Probably the best comparison is one to that actually happened previously, I,.e. international rules... aussie football v GAA. What a farce that was! Is that still ongoing or has it been scrapped? Haven't heard about it in a while now.
                    League vs union happened in the mid nineties with Wigan vs Newcastle I think? Wigan won overall by a cricket score anyhow which was expected then. They played 2 games, one in each code.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      Question for Her Sky-ness? Can you sell sky Q upgrades remotely or do I have to come and visit you at some sort of stall in the back arse of nowhere?

Please and thank you
                      Just in case she has you on ignore Kidding obvs

She prob messaged privately though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        thats where i went ! they are brill . cater for all needs . you wont regret it and will deffo thank me later. please do it , its a fucking lifetime thingy! you have to book it , 8/9 am job . best money i ever spent in my whole entire life ! Thats if you are into horse riding .

I have friends big into show jumping who havent done that and dream of it. its amazing
                        Booked the trek. Gf has never done horse riding before and she said the beach isn't suitable for a beginner. Looking forward to it anyway.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                        Try the chowder in the pilot in Enniscrone. I tried your spot in Dingle and done Moorings in Portmagee. I have the pilot as my number 1.
                        Sound, I loves me a good chowder. My new number one is a place in Carrigaholt in South West Clare called The Long Dock. Savage so it is. Will definitely be checking out the pilot, ty

Comment

The best rick-roll yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            Just in case she has you on ignore Kidding obvs

She prob messaged privately though lol.
                            I did thanks
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

- The Match - Dawn Run (Tony Mullins) beats Buck House (Tommy Carmody) Punchestown, near Naas, County Kildare, IrelandApril 1986 Trainer: Paddy MullinsAlso P...
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Eubank is here...

Yer all Celtic Warrior Poets

Chris Eubank speaks to Ariel Helwani about all things Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, combat sports, his career, and much more. Subscribe: http://www.yo...

Poor auld Helwani doesn't know what to do, doubt he has ever had a fighter interview who answers questions by quoting Kipling & Roosevelt

Comment

Wanna buy a couple of new cds for the car( yeah I know lol cds). What's the best online cd
                                  Store for delivery ?

Btw I Recommend War on Drugs -A deeper understanding . Out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Both died in action if i remember.

Comment

Dettori
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Dettori
                                        Looking at the UKR clip I thought he had held on too

Comment

Good to see the West Indies making a fight of it this time, the first test was depressing enough viewing.
                                          Though Moeen will probably drag England from 160/6 to 400/7 now that I've said that.

Comment

I was at that!
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              I was at that!
                                              I wasn't
                                              Got stuck in a horribly difficult meeting that went on until late night. I remember looking at the clock and remembering where I should have been.

You must have been a child.

Comment

I wasn't born yet!

Comment

Anyone care to name a price that no one will get closer to Dublin than Kildare did?

Not going to stick you to it but I'm trying to agree it with someone.

i.e Dublin to beat both Tyrone and Mayo by 9 or more.

Comment

Anyone care to name a price that no one will get closer to Dublin than Kildare did?

Wanna take my Kerry v your Mayo tomorrow? A friendly 50?

So Dublin to win the all Ireland and beat both teams by more than 9. Can't be much more than even money. Anything other than winning the AI at a canter will be a disaster for that team

Comment

Met a friend there for lunch and he brought up how when out recently we had bet 50 at evns on the fight at his suggestion, I'd completely forgotten about it. Felt bad at the time, and still do, but he's fine about it, can't get my head around how people don't understand betting.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-08-17, 16:19.

Comment

So Dublin to win the all Ireland and beat both teams by more than 9. Can't be much more than even money. Anything other than winning the AI at a canter will be a disaster for that team
                                                        Why on earth would he take your 50 when he can get better than 2/1 at the bookies

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        Met a friend there for lunch and he brought up how when out recently we had bet 50 at evns on the fight at his suggestion, I'd completely forgotten about it. Felt bad at the time, and still do, but he's fine about it, can't get my head around how people don't understand betting.
                                                        Talk to dobby, might help.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Why on earth would he take your 50 when he can get better than 2/1 at the bookies

Talk to dobby, might help.
                                                          Does nobody make friendly even money bets anymore? SP is clearly certain Mayo will win so I asked for a bet. Do you not have these kind of bets with your mates for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            Presume you got Mayweather and you'll have bragging rights over him when he wins. Don't see anything wrong with these bets among mates. Like poker hand said you lose the value a bookie gives but you get to take the piss and have the craic with a mate

Comment

I wasn't
                                                              Got stuck in a horribly difficult meeting that went on until late night. I remember looking at the clock and remembering where I should have been.

You must have been a child.
                                                              A primary school child

Comment

It's about a 25- 30 /1 shot after Kerry whip Mayo tomorrow.

Comment

Gambooling theory question:

Say you punt with an online bookie, horse racing.
                                                                  They pay Double Result on UK\Irish.

You back a noble nag in another country. It wins! Two minutes later, the bet is settled and your account balance updated.

You then log in an hour later and the winnings have disappeared. You are baffled, check your betting history and see that the bet is now marked a loser. There was a Stewards Enquiry and your noble nag was demoted a place.
                                                                  The bookie has whipped the cash back out of your account.

Question: is this legit?

i.e. to settle a bet FPP but then unsettle it per Official Result.

What if the punter had withdrawn his winnings? What if he had martingaled it all on another noble nag?

Opinions pls.

Comment

You back a noble nag in another country. It wins! Two minutes later, the bet is settled and your account balance updated.

You then log in an hour later and the winnings have disappeared. You are baffled, check your betting history and see that the bet is now marked a loser. There was a Stewards Enquiry and your noble nag was demoted a place.

What if the punter had withdrawn his winnings? What if he had martingaled it all on another noble nag?

Opinions pls.
                                                                    That's a weird spot

Especially if you had withdrawn, although im sure they could cancel it but if you had walked into a shop and taken it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      That's a weird spot

Especially if you had withdrawn, although im sure they could cancel it but if you had walked into a shop and taken it out.
                                                                      If they didn't settle and waited for the Official Result, there could be no complaints.

What they did do seems like 100% the worst of both worlds.

Comment

Opinions pls.
                                                                        Bookies regularly make mistakes and subsequently unsettle and change result.

If you withdraw beforehand the money is yours but they can and usually do then put your account into negative balance. Obv don't have to deposit again but you've lost an account then
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

That would not be very friendly however 3/1 Mayo to qualify would be

Comment

Lol. For a website full of poker players it's hard to get a bet on

Comment

tbf they're basically EX poker players.
                                                                              Sam lives in Dublin, Mayo > Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                tbf they're basically EX poker players.
                                                                                Sam lives in Dublin, Mayo > Kingdom.
                                                                                Suppose we'll find out tomorrow

Comment

Nvm. Been informed it's a village called Easky and doesn't look like much goes on. Will have to find the local parish hall
                                                                                  Fierce longshot that this is any help but
                                                                                  Easkey has a legitimate reputation for great surfing waves.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                    Fierce longshot that this is any help but
                                                                                    Easkey has a legitimate reputation for great surfing waves.
                                                                                    That's actually a great help cos I know she'd love it but I've no idea where to start. Do you know any company in the area that would do anything for two novices? As in I've never even carried a surfboard before lol

Comment

Start looking for even money on 2/1 shots instead of 1/2 shots and you will get a bet on soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        Start looking for even money on 2/1 shots instead of 1/2 shots and you will get a bet on soon enough!
                                                                                        Nah. The point is fellas post their opinion as fact and when called on it say oh but I need odds.

Comment

Does nobody make friendly even money bets anymore? SP is clearly certain Mayo will win so I asked for a bet. Do you not have these kind of bets with your mates for fun?
                                                                                          Presume you got Mayweather and you'll have bragging rights over him when he wins. Don't see anything wrong with these bets among mates. Like poker hand said you lose the value a bookie gives but you get to take the piss and have the craic with a mate
                                                                                          Will happily give you McGreogor v my Mayweather for any price. Just for some craic? Or Arsenal v your Swansea in the league? I'll take West Ham v your Newcastle on Saturday? Your Burnley v my Spurs? Just Evs between mates?

My examples above are what you sound like asking others to take worse odds mate.

It's very easy to put a bet on, but because we're all (ex) poker players, this is what is exactly why nobody would be stupid enough to take your bets. People just don't give up odds to some guy over the internet just because they are mates! Might aswel burn the different in money, and that would be a tad stupid.

Sitting in the pub with you watching a game, i might be tempted to take the worse of it if you can just hand the tenner over there and then, but if i've to go through the hassle of transferring the money if i lose, then i might aswel just take the best price!

Comment

Nah. The point is fellas post their opinion as fact and when called on it say oh but I need odds.
                                                                                            Think we just found the most non poker player on the site

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Will happily give you McGreogor v my Mayweather for any price. Just for some craic? Or Arsenal v your Swansea in the league? I'll take West Ham v your Newcastle on Saturday? Your Burnley v my Spurs? !
                                                                                              Don't think I ever asked for a McGregor bet wouldn't back either of them at any price cos I'm the cynic that thinks it's fixed. Swans v Arsenal is tempting

Comment

That's actually a great help cos I know she'd love it but I've no idea where to start. Do you know any company in the area that would do anything for two novices? As in I've never even carried a surfboard before lol
                                                                                                Plenty places in enniscrone ,easkey a no go for beginners

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  Plenty places in enniscrone ,easkey a no go for beginners
                                                                                                  Sound. Will head to easky beach for a look anyway if it's that good.

Comment

I need two tickets to the hurling final, can some kind soul please oblige
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

To be fair to Dobby he isn't on crying out for odds against in relation to odds on shots out of the blue. He sees someone say x will beat y and he then asks for an even bet. Obv you'd be mad to take it but he isn't going all Nigerian on your ass although im still waiting for that deposit from idi amins millions from him. Any day now.

Ciarrai abu.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                        Absolute gold dust this year mdoug. Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                          Ahem, get in line
                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            To be fair to Dobby he isn't on crying out for odds against in relation to odds on shots out of the blue. He sees someone say x will beat y and he then asks for an even bet. Obv you'd be mad to take it but he isn't going all Nigerian on your ass although im still waiting for that deposit from idi amins millions from him. Any day now.

Ciarrai abu.
                                                                                                            Worth a try all the same

Comment

Opinions pls.
                                                                                                              What The Situation says. They may block a withdrawal too. Happens often enough on betfair. If you cop it in time and want to freeroll the money, lob the lot on something in the next race ok. As said below, your account will be in negative balance so only do it if you don't care about losing the acc.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Bookies regularly make mistakes and subsequently unsettle and change result.

If you withdraw beforehand the money is yours but they can and usually do then put your account into negative balance. Obv don't have to deposit again but you've lost an account then

Comment

Dobby if you can't see how you're being a bit naive here I dunno what to say

Comment

PP Pants...lol
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Imelda May has cancelled headlining a (bank holiday weekend) festival tomorrow night, where tickets are up to £90 a head to sing the anthem at the McGregor fight!

Her and Wilco Johnson the only names on list, gonna be a lot of pissed off people!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                      Dobby if you can't see how you're being a bit naive here I dunno what to say
                                                                                                                      No m8. I 100% get it. But it's exactly as careca says. I've never asked for evens on a 1/2 shots. It's always been after someone says a team will win I've asked for a bet. Like I said it was worth the shot

Comment

Opinions pls.
                                                                                                                        This would be legit.

Withdrawal would be likely cancelled assuming it was not processed.

Id assume a sportsbook would cancel a pending bet but could not say for sure.
                                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

That would not be very friendly however 3/1 Mayo to qualify would be
                                                                                                                          Looking for 3/1 about a 7/4 shot nearly as bad as looking for evens about a 5/2 shot!

I'll give you 2/1 to a 100.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X