Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Has no one else watched Glow I'm only a few episodes in so far its very good .
    Does Alison Brie really get her tits out?
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      As we've decided earlier today, you can have a great intellect and still do stupid things.
      Is this your epitaph?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Arsenals season ended early this year
        I can see my 8 y/o questioning his devotion to Arsenal quite openly atm.

Comment

Should make cancelling sky sports less upsetting.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
            Should make cancelling sky sports less upsetting.
            he seems to have decided that kicking a ball outside is now preferable to the emotional strain of watching Arsenal

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Is this your epitaph?
              Better than most

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Does Alison Brie really get her tits out?
                  I think so, could have been a double, was in the first minutes of the opening episode ... kind of a loss leader I suppose.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    he seems to have decided that kicking a ball outside is now preferable to the emotional strain of watching Arsenal
                    Call him in\don't call him in....hmmm

Comment

Wow

Comment

High on entertainment, tragic on quality... This league summed up in one game.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-08-17, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Wow
                            I'm guessing you aren't watching Gardeners World?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              I think so, could have been a double, was in the first minutes of the opening episode ... kind of a loss leader I suppose.
                              She does 👍 she has got pretty skinny tho. Community brie would have been better 😁 Up to ep 8 now, solid show.

Comment

Has anyone watched the comedy show The Good Place? I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Helps that I fancy Kristen Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Wow

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Has anyone watched the comedy show The Good Place? I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Helps that I fancy Kristen Bell.
                                    Its ok, a bit sterile but decent breakfast comedy.

I'm sorry i found very good, only 6 episodes, it also helps Andrea Savage is well...Savage.

Did you get a leccy hook up for the tent ?
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                      It's a toss up between her and Molly Martin for me at the moment. Just one night tis all I ask.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Did you get a leccy hook up for the tent ?
                                          No, I was using it on retreat, so no phones or computery stuff anyway - just sleeping at night.

Just before watching The Good Place I tried to find the post where you recommended I'm Sorry but couldn't find it or remember the name.

Comment

Brit comedy Chewing Gum is worth a watch.
                                            Raised by wolves is also very good.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Think this is a few years old. And also think it's real

Comment

13 episodes into Twin peaks, feel like Homer Simpson.

When i saw it had a run of 18 episodes i was wondering how they would fill that many hours, at this rate Lynch will need a season 2.

Homer Simpson watches "Twin Peaks" from episode "Lisa's Sax."
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

In keeping with earlier discussion about IQ and tests I did a personality test. I got elf.
                                                  You are a
                                                  Elf

Elves are usually seen as very lovely, spritely creatures with a general ambivalence to humans, though they can choose to either be helpful or hurtful to us if they wish. They have many different moods and a mysterious way of life, and their celebration of nature and youth appeals to your adaptable side. A few seconds in the life of an elf can be many years in the world of humans.

Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                    In keeping with earlier discussion about IQ and tests I did a personality test. I got elf.

Thank you .

Moi! ( TBF quite accurate!)

Centaur

Sometimes seen as drunken fools, centaurs are nonetheless described as very loyal and honorable when they are not off their faces at a party!They symbolize indulgence in passion, prophecy, and chaos.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

A grappling promotion posted one of my submissions on their facebook page earlier. If it gets enough likes I'll get free entry into their next comp.

If anyone that has a FB page count like the post, could save me a few quid.

I'm about 30 off the lead. Should be able to catch them. Should have posted earlier

BBV power assemble, etc, etc
                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 12-08-17, 00:22.

Comment

I am way nicer than rose mc gown :P

oh well i think she looks maxed me!

But I will get her!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                          A grappling promotion posted one of my submissions on their facebook page earlier. If it gets enough likes I'll get free entry into their next comp.

If anyone that has a FB page count like the post, could save me a few quid.

I'm about 30 off the lead. Should be able to catch them. Should have posted earlier

BBV power assemble, etc, etc
                                                          done.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            Moi! ( TBF quite accurate!)

Centaur

Sometimes seen as drunken fools, centaurs are nonetheless described as very loyal and honorable when they are not off their faces at a party!They symbolize indulgence in passion, prophecy, and chaos.
                                                            Wise too I am not wise I am daft as a broom ....I reckon i got ten years to learn!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

Thank you .

Meet ya in the forest then!

Comment

Interesting looking new HBO show coming from David Simon (The Wire creator).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                Last edited by Opr; 12-08-17, 09:59.

Comment

As a city fan, am really looking forward to the season ahead. Think it is between city and united this year. Chelsea look a little unconvincing to me as haven't really improved their squad much and will find the the extra CL games a distraction.

Spurs don't have much chance I think, no home games and haven't really brought anyone.

Edit: not sure why the unhappy face...
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

That seems a bit like saying an athlete will find the olympics distracting

Is the joy of beating Hull really that much more enjoyable than that of beating Messi?

Although maybe that wasn't your point.
                                                                      totally wasn't and terrible anology

Was speaking in context of trying to win the league.
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                        As a city fan, am really looking forward to the season ahead. Think it is between city and united this year. Chelsea look a little unconvincing to me as haven't really improved their squad much and will find the the extra CL games a distraction.

Spurs don't have much chance I think, no home games and haven't really brought anyone.

Edit: not sure why the unhappy face...
                                                                        Conte is all about the league, his Juventus team tended to struggle in Europe while he prioritized Serie A. Really not sure how people see United who have added CL pressure this season themselves bridge a 24 point difference from last season. Mourinho is going through the motions in his career imo, don't see anywhere near the same passion and joy in his interviews as maybe 5/10 years ago.

Wembley is probably the biggest factor for Spurs, has to be a bit negative, but if they stay injury free they won't be far away, that starting 11 is excellent and likely to improve further going on age profile.

City haven't convinced me last few season, always a bit disjointed and they're weak at the back imo. Stones doesn't have it at the highest level imo, Otamendi is not world class and Kompany can't be relied to stay fit for a prolonged spell. Obviously littered with ridiculous attacking talent but not good coming into the season without a settled formation.

Reckon top 4 will be.

Chelsea
                                                                        City
                                                                        Liverpool
                                                                        Spurs
                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 12-08-17, 10:48.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I think Liverpool will struggle tbh
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

City
                                                                            Chelsea
                                                                            Spurs
                                                                            United/Liverpool/Arsenal take your pick
                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                              Conte is all about the league, his Juventus team tended to struggle in Europe while he prioritized Serie A. Really not sure how people see United who have added CL pressure this season themselves bridge a 24 point difference from last season. Mourinho is going through the motions in his career imo, don't see anywhere near the same passion and joy in his interviews as maybe 5/10 years ago.

Wembley is probably the biggest factor for Spurs, has to be a bit negative, but if they stay injury free they won't be far away, that starting 11 is excellent and likely to improve further going on age profile.

City haven't convinced me last few season, always a bit disjointed and they're weak at the back imo. Stones doesn't have it at the highest level imo, Otamendi is not world class and Kompany can't be relied to stay fit for a prolonged spell. Obviously littered with ridiculous attacking talent but not good coming into the season without a settled formation.

Reckon top 4 will be.

Chelsea
                                                                              City
                                                                              Liverpool
                                                                              Spurs
                                                                              How on earth do you have Liverpool ahead of United?

Liverpool had a shocking transfer window and have a terrible defence.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                I put a lot of weight on hunger levels of managers and where they are in their careers. Pep and Jose have done it all several times over and especially with modern day insane media focus there's eventually a fatigue factor that comes into play, add Wenger to that. Conte and Klopp both seem to be still on an upward trajectory in their careers, where they've proven themselves to a point but still have plenty to prove to be considered one of the greats. I'm more convinced and impressed by their attitudes in recent years than others mentioned above.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

How on earth do you have Liverpool ahead of United?

Liverpool had a shocking transfer window and have a terrible defence.
                                                                                  People are obsessed with the transfer window. It's not the be all and end all. United have spent over 100m the past four seasons and still look fairly uninspiring and Fellani still getting in starting line ups.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I put a lot of weight on hunger levels of managers and where they are in their careers. Pep and Jose have done it all several times over and especially with modern day insane media focus there's eventually a fatigue factor that comes into play, add Wenger to that. Conte and Klopp both seem to be still on an upward trajectory in their careers, where they've proven themselves to a point but still have plenty to prove to be considered one of the greats. I'm more convinced and impressed by their attitudes in recent years than others mentioned above.
                                                                                    Well that is a load of bollocks. They are not on the pitch playing.

Team and squad quality is far more important and liverpool simply don't have that.

Comment

Well that is a load of bollocks. They are not on the pitch playing.

Team and squad quality is far more important and liverpool simply don't have that.
                                                                                      Read Andrea Pirlo's book, he has basically a chapter dedicated to Conte and his genius, you'll perhaps gain a bit more appreciation for the importance of a manager from a footballers perspective.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Ancelotti's book was great too. I know it's from the managers side but hard not to like the man after it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Get your next pick in for comp asap ta

Comment

...

Comment

Liverpool let the same goal in over and over again

That's the manager!

Comment

Just saw a vid of mcgregor at muscle beach, jasus, the dude has put on some amount of muscle !
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Just saw a vid of mcgregor at muscle beach, jasus, the dude has put on some amount of muscle !
                                                                                                  Ya can't put muscle on a glass jaw

Comment

Next year Watford, next year

Comment

Reckon top 4 will be.

Chelsea
                                                                                                      City
                                                                                                      Liverpool
                                                                                                      Spurs
                                                                                                      Shall we have €100. My United finish ahead of your Liverpool?

Comment

jaysus
                                                                                                        I guess thats why Denny thinks of him as being a genius at business
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          Shall we have €100. My United finish ahead of your Liverpool?
                                                                                                          No that's silly, United are a good bit shorter, I can get better value to maximise return on my €100 elsewhere. If you want to offer me better than whatever the top price on Liverpool top 4 is at the end of this weekends play I gladly back that with you.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Surely it's not about maximising return or value and it's similarly not about what odds bookies are giving. One person thinks think A will finish ahead of team B, the other person thinks vice versa. Both people's opinion are equally valid so a straight even money shot is the way to go.

Comment

Cahill straight red and Alonso booked with 15 minutes in. Should be an interesting game

Comment

...

Comment

No that's silly, United are a good bit shorter, I can get better value to maximise return on my €100 elsewhere. If you want to offer me better than whatever the top price on Liverpool top 4 is at the end of this weekends play I gladly back that with you.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  Surely it's not about maximising return or value and it's similarly not about what odds bookies are giving. One person thinks think A will finish ahead of team B, the other person thinks vice versa. Both people's opinion are equally valid so a straight even money shot is the way to go.
                                                                                                                  Yeah you see TheSituation talks all this stuff and gives his wrong opinion like it's fact. When he's called on it his balls shrivel up back inside him, which is exactly what I thought would happen. It's 100 straight up, take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah you see TheSituation talks all this stuff and gives his wrong opinion like it's fact. When he's called on it his balls shrivel up back inside him, which is exactly what I thought would happen. It's 100 straight up, take it or leave it.
                                                                                                                    I suspect that's not going to work against a hardnosed sports trader.

Comment

Mad stuff at the Bridge.

Comment

That's some start for Chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          I suspect that's not going to work against a hardnosed sports trader.
                                                                                                                          Worth a try tho

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X