Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

So here's a fun trivia question.

Who do we reckon was the last President to get the KKK's endorsement? No idea (Regan maybe for his dog whistle antics in 1980?)

Trump clearly the only one in modern times to refuse to disavow it!
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow @ Trump

Nothing matters... but surely this matters... he is outright supporting the Nazi's

Denny even you see that this shit is way beyond the pale now don't you?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Here's a pic of Trump's new Chief of Staff listening live to the boss.

No comment needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Who do we reckon was the last President to get the KKK's endorsement? No idea (Regan maybe for his dog whistle antics in 1980?)

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I've stayed in the hotel in Jo'burg that Grace Mugabwe has gone on the run from having been alleged to have beaten up a woman at the weekend.

Can't believe she would have been staying at a shithole like that its definitely the worst hotel I've stayed in the city.
              They must be seriously broke

Comment

On the plus side, nobody is reporting on Trumps 'Ireland is taking our jobs' bit, before he got down to the Nazi love in.

Comment

Woody Allen on NazisWoody Allen über NazisFrom the movie "Manhatten" (1979) directed by Woody Allen

Comment

He started rambling at the end as he was walking away "actually I own one of the largest vineyards in the US it's in Charlottesville "
                    Also kept bringing up how the mother of the woman killed praised his response on twitter but he hasn't reached out yet
                    He is properly mentally ill ,can't be long left.

Comment

Comment

Hes gonna explode quite soon. And @the-rigger will owe me a tenner
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          He is properly mentally ill ,can't be long left.
                          Markets continue to make him 50% to get to 2020

Ryan will have to move soon, just can't see explicit support for torch bearing Nazis playing out well in the polls. Hopefully they will drag Pence out with him.
                          Denny and the fanbois are probably claiming it's the carefully measured position of a strategic genius... Reasoning being something to do with making the billions he owes to Putin look irrelevant

Comment

Nope, republicans won't turn on him over this. Guns and religion are the only things that would 100% make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Nope, republicans won't turn on him over this. Guns and religion are the only things that would 100% make that happen.
                              I literally expect someone to shoot him in the face, in his sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Wow @ Trump

Nothing matters... but surely this matters... he is outright supporting the Nazi's

Denny even you see that this shit is way beyond the pale now don't you?

Huh? Dunno why you keep bringing me up in this debate? You hardly need me to disavow neo-nazis do you!

Trump in Grade A meltdown status this evening.

Moral equivalence stated between Nazis and counter protestors. WTF!?
                                The irony is that General Lee opposed slavery

Comment

He didn't refuse to disavow it.

Wow @ Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Huh? Dunno why you keep bringing me up in this debate? You hardly need me to disavow neo-nazis do you!
                                    :
                                    Support for Trump is now explictily support for them too.

For a lad who opposed slavery Lee sure fought a long hard war to try and preserve it.

Comment

Ah come on, that was someone else's words dragged kicking and screaming out of him three days too late and he has completely rowed back on that statement tonight.

Comment

Never realised I was a neo nazi. Must get a haircut.

Comment

Ah come on, that was someone else's words dragged kicking and screaming out of him three days too late and he has completely rowed back on that statement tonight.
                                          He always said he was a president for all Americans. I really don't understanad why he hasn't been better with the condemnation, but I think it's a stretch to believe he has support for white supremacists.
                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-08-17, 23:42.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

All the Cork lads drive them

While looking for photo. ended up watching videos about https://www.google.ie/search?q=evil+...N4fVwQKNyY-4Bg

Comment

Probably should have went for lee's opposite number grant who also owned slaves but I bet he wishes he had a press secretary to step out in front of the crowd now.

Comment

For a lad who opposed slavery Lee sure fought a long hard war to try and preserve it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

eh? that revisionist nonsense has been well and truly debunked

Comment

He always said he was a president for all Americans. I really don't understanad why he hasn't been better with the condemnation, but I think it's a stretch to believe he has support for white supremacists.
                                                        He has support from white supremacists (one of whom sits at his right hand) that he refuses to disavow.

It would be so easy to reply to tweets like Duke's with "I don't want your support and I 100% reject it".

Yet he refuses to do so. His own dog-whistle racist campaign coming back to bite him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          I will be returning home, quite hungover, on Thursday. Which is the sixth anniversary of my marriage. Easy to remember the anniversary as its two weeks before my beautiful daughter was born.

So ... what does a man, newly manified, get his wife to mark this glorious occassion? I have €100 max as travel only with my Irish cash card in order to prevent €1800-style strip club disasters.
                                                          I know you haven't had a wedding ring the full time, but I don't think you had an engagement ring? SO a nice eternity ring with stones in it would be a nice gift to let her know that the new manafied man is happy

Comment

Norman Price really gone too far this morning...

Comment

Paddy Power's Twitter account was suspended briefly on Monday evening for violating Twitter's rules, before getting back to normal on Tuesday morning.

Does anyone know what happened and why? Would love to find out...

Comment

He kinda U turned on that U turn. Counter protesters were worse in his eyes last night
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Is there anywhere I can watch Poker After Dark? As in not subscribing to whatever that site is.
                                                                  Can watch Ep. 2 here at the moment. It might not stay up all day

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                  Paddy Power's Twitter account was suspended briefly on Monday evening for violating Twitter's rules, before getting back to normal on Tuesday morning.

Does anyone know what happened and why? Would love to find out...
                                                                  I think it was something to do with their fan denial video. Was reading a bit about it yesterday but not sure exactly what was said. They said the vid was also posted on their FB page, but that wasn't available yesterday either.

Comment

Easyjet: Inside the cockpit.

Im sure this may interest a few...

Havent seen it myself but Ep01 available in the usual places.
                                                                    Last edited by oleras; 16-08-17, 08:37.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Never realised I was a neo nazi. Must get a haircut.
                                                                      Well, its basically just you and Dave Duke holding the line now.
                                                                      Its really not a stretch at all... they got him elected, they are his people, he is one of them and always has been. Look at his life, look at what the unearned fortune he got his hands on was built on (Clue: segregated housing). Look at his dedication to Putin, look at Bannon FFS!

If it walks and talks and quacks like a duck...

Comment

He has support from white supremacists (one of whom sits at his right hand) that he refuses to disavow.

It would be so easy to reply to tweets like Duke's with "I don't want your support and I 100% reject it".

Yet he refuses to do so. His own dog-whistle racist campaign coming back to bite him.
                                                                        I don't understand it at all. During the campaign he hit back hard at anyone that didn't support him, and anyone that did support him was tremendous, so perhaps he is reluctant to disavow any supporters. Surely he realises though that white supremacists are a pretty small and toxic demographic and he's losing far more supporters by the connotation that he supports them.

(Just to make it clear to SP, I can't see any Trump genius in play here)

Comment

I don't understand it at all. During the campaign he hit back hard at anyone that didn't support him, and anyone that did support him was tremendous, so perhaps he is reluctant to disavow any supporters. Surely he realises though that white supremacists are a pretty small and toxic demographic and he's losing far more supporters by the connotation that he supports them.

Id say the simpler explaination is that he is a racist not able to denounce his fellow racists because he agrees with them. He has proved himself a racist before with the central park 5 newspaper ads so we already know that for sure.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

What am I holding the line on?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Id say the simpler explaination is that he is a racist not able to denounce his fellow racists because he agrees with them. He has proved himself a racist before with the central park 5 newspaper ads so we already know that for sure.
                                                                              Is this the one thing Trump wouldn't lie about?
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-08-17, 08:48.

Comment

Trump deffo a racist . He never mentioned how fit and hawt Michelle O'Bama is. Tremendous shape for her age.

Comment

Its really not a stretch at all... they got him elected, they are his people, he is one of them and always has been. Look at his life, look at what the unearned fortune he got his hands on was built on (Clue: segregated housing). Look at his dedication to Putin, look at Bannon FFS!

If it walks and talks and quacks like a duck...
                                                                                  He's a quackpot.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

they're watching
                                                                                    There are mirrors out there, try libgen.io
                                                                                    Last edited by Keane; 16-08-17, 09:05.

Comment

Moved into a new apartment recently and it has prepaid gas. Does anyone know of a way to get the meter swapped out without being hit with €200 service fee from Gas Networks?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                        Moved into a new apartment recently and it has prepaid gas. Does anyone know of a way to get the meter swapped out without being hit with €200 service fee from Gas Networks?
                                                                                        I have a Pre pay gas meter and find it brilliant. I never use it in summer really. Fierce handy. I'd stick with it.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          I have a Pre pay gas meter and find it brilliant. I never use it in summer really. Fierce handy. I'd stick with it.
                                                                                          I'd prefer to go direct debit with elec bundled and get the discounts. Also i don't fancy going outside in pissing rain to top up the yoke when the house is freezing.

Comment

I'd prefer to go direct debit with elec bundled and get the discounts. Also i don't fancy going outside in pissing rain to top up the yoke when the house is freezing.
                                                                                            I don't have esb meter. You can change gas company ie meter and get indoor one, top up on app.
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Generally cheaper to have different suppliers for gas and electricity. Energia and flogas are the cheapest combo at the moment for most people.
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                Generally cheaper to have different suppliers for gas and electricity. Energia and flogas are the cheapest combo at the moment for most people.
                                                                                                Are you sure about this? All the comparison sites suggested that I consolidate bills for further discounts. Added discounts for online billing and direct debit.

Comment

When I see someone with pre-pay leccy I kinda assume they are feckless layabouts who were forced into it by the ESB as they were spending their money on cigs and tinnies but the supplier didn't want to cut them off and end up with bad headlines in the Star.

Comment

Is it worth paying for tunnelbear hitch? Is there a tangible benefit paying 60 bucks a year for "privacy"?

Comment

Are you sure about this? All the comparison sites suggested that I consolidate bills for further discounts. Added discounts for online billing and direct debit.
                                                                                                      Have a look at bonkers.ie and check for yourself.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Bend the knee Jon Snow

Can't even bend me knob at the moment Jaysus.....wha wha .

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Game of Thrones s07e06 is just after dropping. Some kind soul in HBO Spain accidentally broadcast it last night and its since been ripped/shared.

Comment

Game of Thrones s07e06 is just after dropping. Some kind soul in HBO Spain accidentally broadcast it last night and its since been ripped/shared.
                                                                                                              Is it dubbed or subbed or anything?
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Is it dubbed or subbed or anything?
                                                                                                                Missus just watched it in English. Quite excellent apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  When I see someone with pre-pay leccy I kinda assume they are feckless layabouts who were forced into it by the ESB as they were spending their money on cigs and tinnies but the supplier didn't want to cut them off and end up with bad headlines in the Star.
                                                                                                                  or good headlines in the Sun

Poker Pauper Pwns Pre-Pay Power for Prossies and Pintz

Comment

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

What's to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      Missus just watched it in English. Quite excellent apparently.
                                                                                                                      Awesome episode. Picture was superb but the sound trailed a little as the episode wore on.

Comment

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

What's to understand?
                                                                                                                        That or a senile auld cunt who's brain has been turned to mush by the campaign for and taking of the most stressful job on the planet!?

Comment

Meeting @AndyFatBastard and @therigger (tbc) for pwp if anyone is about on this fine evening

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X