Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iago View Post
    Yeah, not something I've ever really considered but it was more the globe trotting and seeing everywhere albeit only a day or two in each that was appealing

It covers

Amsterdam - Lisbon - Madeira - Barbados - Grenada - Colombia - Panama - French Polynesia - Tahiti - Moorea - Bora Bora - Auckland - Tauranga - Bay of Islands

1 day each except Tahiti which is 2 days

then 2 days in Sydney

Darwin - Komodo Island - Manila - Shanghai (2 days) - Hong Kong - Chan May(vietnam) - Phu my (vietnam) - Ko samui (thailand) - Laem Chabang - Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Penang - Sri Lanka - Cochin (India) - Mumbai - Dubai - Muscat - Safaga (Egypt) - Aqabe (Jordan) - Suez Canal - Athens

and then convieniantly the 2nd last stop is Malta so I'll just leave there

Just seems like a great opportunity to get a bite sized chunk of a lot of places albeit you have to do it on a cruise.

I reckon you would regret it, I know I would. One day, is not enough to get a feel for a place, you would really see very little of each place at all.

You're spending almost 5 times as much time on water as you are on land visiting places

I'd much prefer spending the next 40 years visiting each place for a week / two weeks at a time depending on the distance from home

I also reckon you'd get locked in at least 5 of the locations, miss the boat cut off time and have to pay a small fortune to fly to the next stop to catch up

Comment

Great way to do things if you've no interest in culture and you have to have your creature comforts. Made for a philistine like me.

Comment

I agree, the reality of that would be a lot less fun than the idea. Cant think of many holiday places I have been that one day would have been enough in. Queueing to load/unload every day. I 100% deffo would miss the boat on at least one occasion.
        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
          I reckon you would regret it, I know I would. One day, is not enough to get a feel for a place, you would really see very little of each place at all.

You're spending almost 5 times as much time on water as you are on land visiting places

I'd much prefer spending the next 40 years visiting each place for a week / two weeks at a time depending on the distance from home

I also reckon you'd get locked in at least 5 of the locations, miss the boat cut off time and have to pay a small fortune to fly to the next stop to catch up
          the last bit actually makes me like the idea even more.

Comment

I probably wouldn't bother getting off the boat in half the places.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I probably wouldn't bother getting off the boat in half the places.
              you also have to imagine, just off the boat and its surrounds it tourist trap central.
              You probably wouldnt get 100 metres past the initial drop off point most times
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Or your entire view of Ireland being Dun Laoighaire, where I think loads of cruises stop.
                  Dublin port mainly.

Not quite La Serenissima.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

One more fucking meeting!!!@@@@
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      you also have to imagine, just off the boat and its surrounds it tourist trap central.
                      You probably wouldnt get 100 metres past the initial drop off point most times
                      They have prearranged tours of each place if you want to do them.

Comment

...Not so subtle brag about going to Vegas in October...Looking to do the Grand Canyon Helicopter tour and looming for best deals/ideas...Where would people recommend booking, and would I book in Ireland before going over or when I arrive?...Would like to do the tour that takes us over the hoover dam and land in the canyon itself...
                        ...Also, has anyone done the glass skywalk, and would you recommend it?...
                        ...Edit to ask, there are south ,west and north rims..which one is best...thanks ��...
                        Last edited by luckforsome; 19-07-17, 15:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Sam Harris has recorded his podcast episode with Scott Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                            Why did the cow go on holidays ?

because he had a wee calf.
                            And he was sick of being Fresian.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Not so subtle brag about going to Vegas in October...Looking to do the Grand Canyon Helicopter tour and looming for best deals/ideas...Where would people recommend booking, and would I book in Ireland before going over or when I arrive?...Would like to do the tour that takes us over the hoover dam and land in the canyon itself...
                              ...Also, has anyone done the glass skywalk, and would you recommend it?...
                              ...Edit to ask, there are south ,west and north rims..which one is best...thanks ��...
                              Smartervegas.com had a deal on Maverick Helicopters last time we went, was $120 off pp. Booked when we landed for a few days afterwards, didn't see any variance on price, it was just didn't want to set deadlines/fix times until we saw how energy levels were.

Skywalk is cool as well, got plane to it so no hoover dam on that one. Was a longer day and not as good a view from plane so didn't feel as much fun overall, but still a great sight to see.
                              If had to choose one would be the landing in helicopter.
                              Last edited by mocata; 19-07-17, 16:33.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                Cliffs?

Comment

@ Satnav, I remember you saying there was some new law in place where you couldn't buy larger than 10ml bottles of vape juice.

I was able to buy 3x 100ml bottles off ******* this week.
                                  Last edited by Lazare; 19-07-17, 16:41. Reason: There ya go Keano

Comment

100ml are now only available in 0mg / no nicotine for EU customers due to TPD regulations

I hope you copped that!!
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      @ Satnav, I remember you saying there was some new law in place where you couldn't buy larger than 10ml bottles of vape juice.

I was able to buy 3x 100ml bottles off this week.
                                      Shhhh FFS!
                                      Last edited by Keane; 19-07-17, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        100ml are now only available in 0mg / no nicotine for EU customers due to TPD regulations

I hope you copped that!!
                                        Off the smokes 10 days now. Didn't bother with the vaping stuff, just went with a purely financial bet reason. Seems to be keeping me focused

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav
                                          Wow that's unusual, will they get thru in post though?

Must have a gander. Mother out of juice. I have enough to do me 12 months lol
                                          Yep, they arrived yesterday.

I hope you copped that!!
                                          These are 6mg.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav
                                            Wow that's unusual, will they get thru in post though?

Must have a gander. Mother out of juice. I have enough to do me 12 months lol
                                            Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Shhhh FFS!
                                            Edit your quotes there, just in case someone rats them out.

Comment

Yep, they arrived yesterday.

These are 6mg.
                                              Ah no good. I'm on 18mg
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Ah no good. I'm on 18mg
                                                There's a shop in Mulhuddart that sells nicotine shots that you can add into 100ml bottles with a syringe.

Comment

Comment

There's a shop in Mulhuddart that sells nicotine shots that you can add into 100ml bottles with a syringe.
                                                    Something I'll look into when my stash is gone. Iv a fucking wardrobe full of 30 ml bottles
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I hope not to have to do that though, pretty dangerous thing to have in the house with small humans running about.

Comment

Mick O Leary on fire on Liveline today

Comment

I realised some time ago I used cigarettes mainly as a way to avoid talking to people/something to distract me.
                                                          I had a weird anxiety attack a few days ago that felt to me at least exactly the same as the feeling of longing I'd get in my lungs when I felt I wanted a smoke.

Dunno really where I'm going with this...
                                                          Maybe nicotine cravings and anxiety attacks manifest in physiologically similar ways..
                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-07-17, 17:11.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Do you melt them on a spoon first?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              Do you melt them on a spoon first?
                                                              Yep, says on the instructions that it's needs to be done in dimly lit doorways too.

Comment

Comment

Anyone got a stream for Dundalk game?

Comment

Gave up smokes 3 months ago but absolutely woeful for smoking on the beer. Wouldn't touch them during the week but can't help myself after a few pints. May need a vape thing for the nights out I think
                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        Anyone got a stream for Dundalk game?

Comment

I was able to buy 3x 100ml bottles off ******* this week.
                                                                          Can you let me know who it is.

Bought my first load of 10ml bottles online today
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                            Can you let me know who it is.

Bought my first load of 10ml bottles online today
                                                                            Sent you a pm there.

Comment

Yesterday was one of those Kodak days, one of those days that you know when you're 70 years old you'll be closing your eyes and floating away back to.

Took the little one off early, just the two of us to pick up a throwaway bbq and some picnic food, then on to the toy store to pick up buckets and spades. She loves the beat of The Specials 'A message to you Rudy', so we stuck that on Google Play radio, two of us with sunglasses on, heads nodding to the reggae.

Came home with the supplies and the three of us headed to Brittas bay.

I had forgotten how much fun the beach is. When we go away my wife loves going to the beach, I've always found it a bit of a borefest and a chore, sitting there too hot, getting sand up your uncomfortable hole. I usually just drank beer.

Different ball game when you've a kid with you, I was building sand castles, running around, flying a kite, climbing up dunes and tumbling back down. Burying ourselves in sand. Stuff that the Guards would be called for if there wasn't a two year old with me.

Topped it all off with faces and clothes full of ice cream.

Oh, such a perfect day.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Bit of a game changer retirement wise in the UK announced today - those aged 40-49 being told they have to work an extra year before retirement, so its now 68. Decent odds that an extra year will be added before they finally get to 68. Thought those extra years were normally added to just young workers. It's going to be 70 or so, I'd say, before anyone in their 30s retires on the governments dime.
                                                                                There will be no jobs in a few years so joke is on them.
                                                                                Also long term unemployed will be gurus. I'll offer courses to the former worker bees on how to spend all the extra time they'll inherit.
                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 19-07-17, 20:20.
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                  There will be no jobs in a few years so joke is on them.
                                                                                  Also long term unemployed will be gurus. I'll offer courses on how to the former work bees on how to spend all the extra time they'll inherit.
                                                                                  Careful now. You were awful close to manual labour today....

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                    Smartervegas.com had a deal on Maverick Helicopters last time we went, was $120 off pp. Booked when we landed for a few days afterwards, didn't see any variance on price, it was just didn't want to set deadlines/fix times until we saw how energy levels were.

Skywalk is cool as well, got plane to it so no hoover dam on that one. Was a longer day and not as good a view from plane so didn't feel as much fun overall, but still a great sight to see.
                                                                                    If had to choose one would be the landing in helicopter.
                                                                                    ...Thanks for this...What side would you recommend, north south or west?...

Comment

Just make sure you do a full stop on the edge.

Comment

]

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                        Careful now. You were awful close to manual labour today....
                                                                                        Twas a tiring 30 seconds. Reckon I prefer it to the office shite though.

Comment

What have you against the East Side.

Comment

I hope not to have to do that though, pretty dangerous thing to have in the house with small humans running about.
                                                                                            Would you not be inclined to give that up too? Surely the habit isn't something you want your kids to see as being normal?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Would you not be inclined to give that up too? Surely the habit isn't something you want your kids to see as being normal?
                                                                                              Yeah, it's a downside to it alright. I hide it as much as I can. You're right though, I should think seriously about it.

Comment

Yeah, it's a downside to it alright. I hide it as much as I can. You're right though, I should think seriously about it.
                                                                                                For sure. Better than smoking obviously (unless you're SP), but even if nothing else,I think it looks a bit ridiculous as well.

Comment

Leave Lazare alone

Comment

Yesterday was one of those Kodak days, one of those days that you know when you're 70 years old you'll be closing your eyes and floating away back to.

Took the little one off early, just the two of us to pick up a throwaway bbq and some picnic food, then on to the toy store to pick up buckets and spades. She loves the beat of The Specials 'A message to you Rudy', so we stuck that on Google Play radio, two of us with sunglasses on, heads nodding to the reggae.

Came home with the supplies and the three of us headed to Brittas bay.

I had forgotten how much fun the beach is. When we go away my wife loves going to the beach, I've always found it a bit of a borefest and a chore, sitting there too hot, getting sand up your uncomfortable hole. I usually just drank beer.

Different ball game when you've a kid with you, I was building sand castles, running around, flying a kite, climbing up dunes and tumbling back down. Burying ourselves in sand. Stuff that the Guards would be called for if there wasn't a two year old with me.

Topped it all off with faces and clothes full of ice cream.

Oh, such a perfect day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4ZV4grJPQ
                                                                                                    I have so many memories of Brittas Bay, so different from one child to the next. The first one hated sand so was treated like a king with towels and umbrellas, the 2nd is a nutcase, running down the dunes, eating sand, and by the age of 4 was swimming with me in the sea, absolutely fearless. God I miss Dublin for these wonderful places.

I'll pm you some if our secret spots if you like, although you probably know them all.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                      I have so many memories of Brittas Bay, so different from one child to the next. The first one hated sand so was treated like a king with towels and umbrellas, the 2nd is a nutcase, running down the dunes, eating sand, and by the age of 4 was swimming with me in the sea, absolutely fearless. God I miss Dublin for these wonderful places.

I'll pm you some if our secret spots if you like, although you probably know them all.

I'll take one of them PM's shrap.
                                                                                                      Brought my little one to Bray last week (chicken wing fest) and had forgotten how absolutely shit bray beachfront is for actually enjoying the beach
                                                                                                      I was 10 mins chasing her around when I had flashbacks to my own sand chafed arse and cut feet as a kid.
                                                                                                      She loved it though

Comment

Have to say I hated the beach too. Now taking the kids down there on a sunny Sunday morning is great. The joy they get out of it.
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

BBC have the rights to the USPGA championship. I know it's the least prestigious major but bit of a shock all the same. Sky have lost the European rugby cup rights too right?they are feeling the ridic amount they paid for prem rights
                                                                                                          You'll prob have to red button it as they'll be busy fawning over mo cheating his way to his last last medals at the worlds in London

Comment

Jebus. Newsnight's main story, is how much BBC peeps get paid. Up their own arse much.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              BBC have the rights to the USPGA championship. I know it's the least prestigious major but bit of a shock all the same. Sky have lost the European rugby cup rights too right?they are feeling the ridic amount they paid for prem rights
                                                                                                              You'll prob have to red button it as they'll be busy fawning over mo cheating his way to his last last medals at the worlds in London
                                                                                                              Beautiful piece of writing!

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Jebus. Newsnight's main story, is how much BBC peeps get paid. Up their own arse much.
                                                                                                              Biggest story in Britain today!

Not sure why; it came out years ago that the BBC gave massive pay rises to a load of presenters as a way of getting the money spent so as not to lose it

Too much floating around, not enough to actually do anything with it...

It's their whitewash the school walls in late July bit!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Ah please do.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  Sky have lost the masters next year as well apparently. Don't know what's happening yet though, they may get them back perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Off the smokes 10 days now. Didn't bother with the vaping stuff, just went with a purely financial bet reason. Seems to be keeping me focused
                                                                                                                    Was at 4 months until last weekend with some heavy drinking. Amazing how easily you go back into smoker mode so keep your guard up!
                                                                                                                    Last edited by FeetMagic; 19-07-17, 23:58.

Comment

Comment

She's a turd who will not flush

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                          Was at 4 months until last weekend with some heavy drinking. Amazing how easily you go back into smoker mode so keep your guard up!
                                                                                                                          Yeah no real test yet bar one poker game with a few pints. Out this Saturday so will see but generally most people id be out with dont smoke anymore so that helps although as DP said sometimes id just venture out for one just for a 10 min break.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X