Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    You have to build shit Dom?
    We just moved house 6 weeks ago. The poor recycling bin can keep up with all the boxes we have to throw out from all those boxes. Still a couple of things to put together. Only a week until the due date now, bit mad.

How is your missus keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      That's a comfy pillow in 5stars world
      No coal spared for my kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        When I heard that hilarious story when (Marty Smith iirc) went in with a winning docket and cash to cover a new bet and the girl insisted on paying out on the first bet before taking the cash back before taking the cash back and checking all the notes under the lights I remember clearly visualising the scene happening at one of those horrible overlit white and red counters.
        Impressed that they even had the €€€ to pay out

Comment

from tomorrow broadband, tv, hd ,all half price for new customers FOR SIX MONTHS ( yes half the contract), so 27.50 for broadband x 6 months , sports movies whole shebang 44 quid. pm me and ill get outbound calls done . have had a few here
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

TR for Malta.

SPOILER
            The heat was fucking relentless. Wine was cheap, and they know how to cook steak med rare.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              We just moved house 6 weeks ago. The poor recycling bin can keep up with all the boxes we have to throw out from all those boxes. Still a couple of things to put together. Only a week until the due date now, bit mad.

How is your missus keeping.
              A week to go, wow, the best time of your life coming up, a stressball too but enjoy every minute. Best of luck.

She's doing good, real good at the moment actually. Time seems to be zipping which is great.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A week to go, wow, the best time of your life coming up, a stressball too but enjoy every minute. Best of luck.

She's doing good, real good at the moment actually. Time seems to be zipping which is great.
                Took a day and a bit to catch up with the BBV but great Dire Straits jam !
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Also, fair play Zuut, massive purchase, best of luck with it !
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    Took a day and a bit to catch up with the BBV but great Dire Straits jam !
                    Cheers Ole, one of my Saturday drunk Sunday cringe posts.

Comment

The Ladbrokes Life adds absolutely tilted the fucking bejasus out of me. Just the thought of them would set me off on a rant.

Swore blind I would never step inside one of their stores as a result.

Ladbrokes Life - Eh no, fuck off cunts!

Comment

Cheers Ole, one of my Saturday drunk Sunday cringe posts.
                        Fuck all cringe about that mate !

Do more.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

skip to 9.12 and its an interview with May and McG

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

When did throwing the tricolour on the ground become ok? I grew up seeing it burnt on the news but respected everywhere around me, dont let it touch the ground. now its nothing. McGregor should be slapped.

genuinely annoys me. Dont shout EIRE and throw our flag down.

Comment

So just watched some form of crap with McGregor walking around in a white coat talking crap

Edit - now the other black lad is off.at it.

Is this what the world has come to. Lol.

Gimme a good book ffs.

Comment

Denis Irwin probably bate the shite outta these two eejets

Comment

Why do white people need to mention a human is black?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                    Probably to differentiate the black fucking idiot from the white fucking idiot.

He is black isnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Probably to differentiate the black fucking idiot from the white fucking idiot.

He is black isnt he?
                                      So its like when you are buying pudding.

Comment

So Conor didn't say anything overtly racist in the first two pressers

Tonight he said all kinds of dumb racist shite

So if ya don't know, now ya know!

Comment

Should be no need!!!
                                          Shouldn't matter a jot!

why do black people need to mention a human is white?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            Getting unwanted text messages from a gambling company. Have tried the "unsubscribe" option and it's not working. Options? Comreg?
                                            When did throwing the tricolour on the ground become ok? I grew up seeing it burnt on the news but respected everywhere around me, dont let it touch the ground. now its nothing. McGregor should be slapped.

It's a colourdy piece of cloth m8. DMY.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Chap here in work.

"rabble rabble boil back rabble rabble modicum of change rabble rabble blue sky thinking rabble rabble greenfield project rabble rabble I'll reach out to rabble rabble"

Going to go all Michael Douglas Falling Down in here pretty fucking soon.
                                              Whenever he is talking to you in a group say "we should take this offline" and whenever you are on your own "we should townhall this". See how long it takes him too crack instead

Comment

You're not meant to drape it around yourself either. I had a coach that used to be in the navy and he used to get slightly annoyed at how sportspeople used flags.

Comment

He didn't say 'I'm half black, I'm black from the waist down' did he? Tell me he didn't.

Oh dear.

Comment

Any irish still in the main?
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He didn't say 'I'm half black, I'm black from the waist down' did he? Tell me he didn't.

Oh dear.
                                                      Someone needs to take his copy of the commitments off him fairly lively!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        You're not meant to drape it around yourself either. I had a coach that used to be in the navy and he used to get slightly annoyed at how sportspeople used flags.
                                                        What sport did you play?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          Any irish still in the main?
                                                          Originally posted by Flushdraw
                                                          It's about 50 off the money at the moment, and the guys i see flying the tricolour are

Patrick Clarke 1.1m (Top 15 stack)
                                                          Eoghan O Dea 435k
                                                          Rory Brown 316k
                                                          Nick Abour Risk 280k
                                                          John O Shea 255k
                                                          Paul Leckey 210k
                                                          Yuriy Boyko 165k

No doubt there's other guys in the field that Pokernews/WSOP haven't tagged. gl all
                                                          Originally posted by Jam-Fly
                                                          693,000 going to 3k-6k(1), will keep playing tonight till bubble bursts.
                                                          Bubble bust in the last 15 mins.
                                                          Patrick Clarke has 1.2m and in the top 10.
                                                          Eoghon O Dea up to 700k too.

Hopefully they all made it through.

Edit - Crosspost from the WSOP sweat thread..

Originally posted by Flushdraw
                                                          Dusting off a 500k stack on a bluff into a guy that has you covered on the bubble of the Main Event doesn't seem the mos optimal way to play!

And playing 1 hand for a 10k entry into next year's event is a sick variance spot too!
                                                          Last edited by Flushdraw; 14-07-17, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                            Fuck all cringe about that mate !

Do more.
                                                            Ole you strike me as a music man. You should learn a few scales and stick on a backing track and play along. it wouldnt take long and would give you a feel for doing some solos. Even learn one scale n a xouple of positions play the equivalent backing track. (100s on youtube) . Who knows you might become a playa.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Draping is fine . Rocky perfected it.

Navy types too much salt in their gee.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                What sport did you play?
                                                                I see Denny as a modern pentathlete
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  I see Denny as a modern pentathlete
                                                                  Ha close. I did the younger persons version, tetrathlon, they did try to get us into pentathlon but picking up another sport as I was approaching legal drinking age didn't seem worth it. Did the shooting as a stand alone sport too, the flag-defending guy was our international coach.

Comment

Knew McGregor would walk himself into a racism storm on this tour
                                                                    He was skirting it with the "dance for me boy" "dance for me son" stuff in 1st press conference.he's not thick enough to use the we use boy differently in Ireland excuse either.
                                                                    Didn't see last night but even mcgregor nuthuggers on boards are calling it a car crash so must have been pretty bad

Comment

Sold my 8/9 year old 37" tv on adverts.ie the other day

It's now back up there and has become 40", that's some strong refurbishing

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        Bubble bust in the last 15 mins.
                                                                        Patrick Clarke has 1.2m and in the top 10.
                                                                        Eoghon O Dea up to 700k too.

Hopefully they all made it through.

Edit - Crosspost from the WSOP sweat thread..
                                                                        Thanks m8. Would be sick if Jamfly went deep.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nice one jamfly!

So ryanairs randomly allocated seats are now actually random, trying to force people to buy seats.

Apparently people getting seated at other ends of the plane from their kids etc even when seats are free. Flights being delayed as people go around swapping seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            So ryanairs randomly allocated seats are now actually random, trying to force people to buy seats.

Apparently people getting seated at other ends of the plane from their kids etc even when seats are free. Flights being delayed as people go around swapping seats.
                                                                            Not random as such - as I understand it its changed recently such that early check-ins (not paying) get automatically given middle seats as their free seats. That way Ryanair save the windows and aisles for anyone who is potentially willing to pay at check-in.
                                                                            But the obvious effect of that is that there is less chance of later check-ins being seated together.

Comment

Hisense tellys are savage value, 750 stg for 65" 4k. Planet earth blu-ray and samsara look jaw droppingly good. On a related note, philips hue lights are the bizness #nestingforblokes
                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                Hisense tellys are savage value, 750 stg for 65" 4k. Planet earth blu-ray and samsara look jaw droppingly good. On a related note, philips hue lights are the bizness #nestingforblokes
                                                                                The huemanic app is a good novelty for parties if you've a few of them in the room, it loosely syncs the lights to be beat of the music through your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Not random as such - as I understand it its changed recently such that early check-ins (not paying) get automatically given middle seats as their free seats. That way Ryanair save the windows and aisles for anyone who is potentially willing to pay at check-in.
                                                                                  But the obvious effect of that is that there is less chance of later check-ins being seated together.
                                                                                  How do you do it? 😂

Comment

Nah I just checked in for my flight at the weekend and we got randomly assigned window seats. People will get extra ragey if they all get middle seats!

I don't care since I'll be reading/music anyway but I can imagine this being a hassle for lots of people, especially with flights apparently riddled with people swapping.
                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-17, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                      How do you do it? 😂
                                                                                      Tis a curse really. Enough basic knowledge of everything to be able to spoof for 10 seconds, but quickly found out after that. Possibly comes from reading lots of papers but little more than the first paragraph.
                                                                                      I read a Jeffrey Archer book where his US president had this 'one fact' idea, that he'd use in conversation 'Ah mister german ambassador, how's your son getting on with his business degree?' and then quickly move onto the next person leaving the impression of being more knowledgeable than he was.

Comment

Fucked the back up getting outta bed this morning so stuck to the bed all day so far. Need a prescription muscle relaxant but cant move to get to doctors of course. Catch 22. Busting for a wizz since 10am but cant even turn sideways to go in a bottle. Sigh.

Comment

When did the random allocation become random. AFAIK children under 16 MUST be seated with a parent for takeoff and landing. I always took random and if we were split up I went onto chat and they moved us into a 3 group and a 2 so that a parent was with each one. Worked well!

Comment

Double fist pumping while running. It's gone next level.
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

He's a malteaser with eyeballs.

Comment

If Dundalk manage to get through Europa League qualifying, they'll play the winner of Celtic v Linfield. A tasty one either way!

Comment

Fucked the back up getting outta bed this morning so stuck to the bed all day so far. Need a prescription muscle relaxant but cant move to get to doctors of course. Catch 22. Busting for a wizz since 10am but cant even turn sideways to go in a bottle. Sigh.
                                                                                                  I was in bits 2 months ago needed Valium painkillers and Anti inflammetrys. Got lots of massage physio on it and eventually got it ok. Can be very slow and dare I say carrying the equivalent of a 5 stone bag of spuds long term on the belly dies not help. Get seen to and try to get a little movement into it a full day in bed used make me feel worse.

Comment

Strewel was this you?
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

First still from Ready Player One, you read this hitch? Must start it myself.
                                                                                                      SPOILER

Just heard brother has secured multiple phd scholarships from Ireland and Oxford so is now moving to London, I view this as a free accommodation win for me.

Comment

Tis a curse really. Enough basic knowledge of everything to be able to spoof for 10 seconds, but quickly found out after that. Possibly comes from reading lots of papers but little more than the first paragraph.
                                                                                                        I read a Jeffrey Archer book where his US president had this 'one fact' idea, that he'd use in conversation 'Ah mister german ambassador, how's your son getting on with his business degree?' and then quickly move onto the next person leaving the impression of being more knowledgeable than he was.
                                                                                                        Which archer book was that? One of the Kane and Able? Don't remember that quote.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Strewel was this you?
                                                                                                        Doesn't sound very secure if he can just kick down the door, I thought those type of doors were supposed to be tougher than that.
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Thinly veiled "I got Friday off from work" brag. GFYD
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                            Which archer book was that? One of the Kane and Able? Don't remember that quote.
                                                                                                            The Eleventh Commandment. Not very good really, mid 90s USA/USSR spy stuff, badly dated.
                                                                                                            I read his A Prisoner Of Birth just before that, excellent, albeit apparently just a total re-write of a Dumas book.

Comment

First week off since xmas coming up.

Heading to Sweden on Mon.

That little bit of Sweden in Ballymun, for a fun filled few days trimming my own hair with my white knuckcled hands whilst shouting obscenities at myself.

Nesting. Great craic altogether.
                                                                                                              Ikea and the assembly of ikea tat is surely a circle of Hell Dante couldnt even ensivage.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wife's phone is 'missing'. She is fairly sure she left it on top of the car and drove off. It rang out once, now off, so I assume nabbed. No tracking app on it. Bar helpfully informing here that isn't a good place to leave her phone I assume i have no real play here?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  First still from Ready Player One, you read this hitch? Must start it myself.
                                                                                                                  SPOILER

Just heard brother has secured multiple phd scholarships from Ireland and Oxford so is now moving to London, I view this as a free accommodation win for me.
                                                                                                                  ready player one is an awesome book.
                                                                                                                  Interesting to see how they do it and will they keep the timelines intact
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                    Wife's phone is 'missing'. She is fairly sure she left it on top of the car and drove off. It rang out once, now off, so I assume nabbed. No tracking app on it. Bar helpfully informing here that isn't a good place to leave her phone I assume i have no real play here?
                                                                                                                    android?

Comment

Comment

Sam Harris has recorded his podcast episode with Scott Adams

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X