Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
    Bet365 have Killkenny at 2.1 to win the game that correct?
    4.5 now

Looks like they started about 2.3 on Betfair
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Wow, he would've dropped her had that lad not stepped in, see the stance on him.
      Looks like he's giving her the thumbs up imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        4.5 now

Looks like they started about 2.3 on Betfair
        Really didnt think Waterford could have been favourites as i dont rate cork who bet both Tipp and Waterford.
        Great start by the deise, interesting to see what Killkenny can reply with??
        Or i it the end of an era....

Comment

Gleeson is some beast, pure class.

Comment

#prayforkev

Comment

What a come back.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                  What a come back.
                  Waterford not scoring for 16 minutes really helped the cause tbf but you only get one chance to beat Kilkenny. Have to fancy them now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Spent today in such a lovely place - Vannes - in the South West of Brittany. Google suggests the picture below is a good representation, but it was far far nicer than any of the google pics.

That part of the world is fantastic. We were somewhat wearily contemplating another trip to St Malo/Dinard (the undisputed godfathers of breton tourism), when I scrolled out of google maps and discovered that there was this whole west side of Brittany by the coast

Tranquil, beautiful, highly friendly. What a lovely place. Fantastic food too for the modern equivalent of pennies. A notable absence of English in the tourist office* suggests its not competing against St. Malo for visitor attention. 5-stars+ , would/will do again.

* it has become the thing I detest most when I speak to someone and they go 'its okay we can speak english'. Normally adds about 10 minutes to even the most basic conversation as I then have to help them translate their French into English so they can participate in the conversation. And then to rub salt in the wounds to have to appear thankful to them. All done on their part out of friendliness, but still...
                      There's quite a cool Aquarium and, especially for little girls, butterfly arena (not sure if that's the right word but hey) down by the marina in Vannes. Probably about 1.5km from the old town, which is indeed lovely.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Waterford not scoring for 16 minutes really helped the cause tbf but you only get one chance to beat Kilkenny. Have to fancy them now
                          Sure I'm from Kerry. What do I know.

Mup blaaaas

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Sure I'm from Kerry. What do I know.

Mup blaaaas
                            You shouldn't even be watching that auld rubbish

Comment

Comment

That was nearly the biggest bottle job of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  You shouldn't even be watching that auld rubbish
                                  Thought it would be a cracker so watched it. After a dire first half. Game delivered

Comment

58 years to beat those cunts
                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                      58 years to beat those cunts
                                      That was some performance in extra time considering what happened in the last 15 of the match. Destroyed them.

Comment

Wedding bands. Who knew it was possible to butcher Joe Dolan.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                          That was some performance in extra time considering what happened in the last 15 of the match. Destroyed them.
                                          Thought we were fucked after we threw away the lead. Absolute meltdown in last 15 minutes. Finally Waterford showed some big to step up in extra time
                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                            Thought we were fucked after we threw away the lead. Absolute meltdown in last 15 minutes. Finally Waterford showed some big to step up in extra time
                                            I have a chunky bet on Waterford to win it all this summer since November. I wasn't a big fan at the end of normal time but what came after could be the making of them. That's a big monkey off their backs. If they'd squeezed by a point in 70 mins would have been fine and all but to come out and batter them in extra time has to have these lads believing they can beat anyone. Astonishing turnaround.

Comment

Dragged onto the dance floor at family wedding, breakout a shit ton of moves

All gawwing

Turnround to sister and aunt.." do your family not know I'm the only person in here who can actually dance"

Sister starts pissing herself, aunt says "well they do now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                He does a very good breakdown lesson for Sultans of Swing too. Lazare has 3 days to learn it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtzRQaoFw4
                                                video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have a chunky bet on Waterford to win it all this summer since November. I wasn't a big fan at the end of normal time but what came after could be the making of them. That's a big monkey off their backs. If they'd squeezed by a point in 70 mins would have been fine and all but to come out and batter them in extra time has to have these lads believing they can beat anyone. Astonishing turnaround.
                                                  Tadgh de burca, Jamie Barron and Austin gleeson were great. This is a poor KK team though, how we let them get to EAT I'll never know. Good bit off the AI yet

Comment

The one thing Dire Straits needed was more guitar.

Comment

Watching Lazare brings reminds me of my lack of talent. Its worse when you have a brother who is in a band. He is the spaced out looking one on guitar lol

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I love the vibrato and sliding....i think it's called that You get a great sound out of it.

Just incase you guys don't know ..i lurk!

Comment

Who is the singer Drunken one? I like her Good band

Comment

Welcome home pAf
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

My exact thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                Watching Lazare brings reminds me of my lack of talent.
                                                                Would ye gerrup oura dat.

Says the culinary wizard.

Speaking of which, hit me up with the most awesome burger recipe, just decided to do burgers on the BBQ.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  hit me up with the most awesome burger recipe, just decided to do burgers on the BBQ.
                                                                  atm going through a simple garlic, onion (fried till soft) added to ground beef with breadcrumbs and dried mixed herbs, bind with beaten egg and cook to liking.

Topped with crispy bacon, cheese, lettuce and topped with this

Comment

Comment

Super stuff, well done Conor!

Comment

Made a risky decision to invest in a tent, as theres another long weekend coming up to celebrate lolpoorpeople working out how to chop off people's heads.

It seems, and maybe this is obvious to everyone, that you can stay in a holiday camp in your own tent for next to nothing. Get full advantages of all the facilities. So for €120 we can stay here on the busiest weekend of the year. Its normally a lot less.

The clear risk is how painful is it going to be to stay in a tent with a 20 month old (and a five year old who only appears less problematic due to the favourable contrast with her younger brother)? Tried to minimise it by going for one of those tents that have two rooms (below), but theres a very decent chance we'll last just the one night and then chuck the tent in the bin.

Done quite a bit of camping myself, but that looks painful to set up?
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It can be great fun Hitch but you need to have all the extras to make it comfortable for everyone and make sure you go for a shaded area and get a breeze blowing through as tents can get very warm at this time of year in your part of the world.

Generally you save very little the first time you go as you need to buy a lot of gear. Air mattresses, cooler box, cooking setup etc etc but if you do it right and let the kids "help" it's a huge adventure and they'll have great fun. If you cheapskate the Mrs will never agree to go again! Lol.

Made a risky decision to invest in a tent, as theres another long weekend coming up to celebrate lolpoorpeople working out how to chop off people's heads.

It seems, and maybe this is obvious to everyone, that you can stay in a holiday camp in your own tent for next to nothing. Get full advantages of all the facilities. So for €120 we can stay here on the busiest weekend of the year. Its normally a lot less.

The clear risk is how painful is it going to be to stay in a tent with a 20 month old (and a five year old who only appears less problematic due to the favourable contrast with her younger brother)? Tried to minimise it by going for one of those tents that have two rooms (below), but theres a very decent chance we'll last just the one night and then chuck the tent in the bin.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Paid about €100 extra for that tent compared to one that looks similar as apparently its very easy to setup. Amazon comments were that it takes 1h30 the first time, and then no more than 20 minutes after that. Although based on my IKEA experiences, I'll be mentally doubling those target times

Got the mattresses, but forgot about everything else. yikes. A problem is the inability to drive, and needing to carry everything.
                                                                              1h 30m that is ridiculous.

Tents usually take me only 3 - 5 mins. Mind you haven't tried setting up a complicated tent like the one in the photo.

Just the two rods for the frame and chuck some rocks in the corner and don't bother with the stakes.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Paid about €100 extra for that tent compared to one that looks similar as apparently its very easy to setup. Amazon comments were that it takes 1h30 the first time, and then no more than 20 minutes after that. Although based on my IKEA experiences, I'll be mentally doubling those target times

Got the mattresses, but forgot about everything else. yikes. A problem is the inability to drive, and needing to carry everything.
                                                                                Lol. I wish you well Hitch! I have 3 plastic boxes full of camping gear (gas cooker, gas supplies, cooking equipment, lights, cutlery, cooler box and ice batteries, insect repellent etc etc) plus tent, air mattresses, double and single sleeping bags, extension lead to bring power into the tent, plus washing up setup (to carry to campsite facilities or do in a wild camping spot) plus wash gear etc. Tbh without a car I don't fancy your chances with a family...
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Get yourself a Kelly Kettle. http://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/1...7vRhoCw-jw_wcB

Basically the most impressive and basic piece of camping gear I've ever seen.

The Kelly Kettle Trekker is really a lighweight, compact biomass-fueled stove. It allows you to boil water while cooking food. The Trekker holds 19 ounces of...

Comment

If you're a real man hitch you'll throw the set up instruction sheet in the bin and do it from instinct

Good luck. Camping is great craic.

Comment

Camping is something I'm never going to do again.

Comment

Been camping for 30 years now, feck all that boy scout shite, festival camping is the vibe you want to go for. A few simple rules, get the kids to set up while you sit back and judge their efforts. Tents are for sleep and shelter from rain, nothing else. Pubs are better rain shelters than tents.
                                                                                        Bring a barbecue for a bit of cooking of food that was prepared at home and more importantly to use as a late night fire, other than that eat in restaurants. As regards kids and food let them do their own shopping, that way there will be more than enough crisps and sugar to keep them happy through anything.

Comment

If I was going to invest in a tent I think I would go for this. No poles etc, just tent and a pump.

Four inflatable tents pitched by Camping magazine readers against the clock - Outwell, Vango, Kampa and Sunncamp

Comment

Finished drinking about 5 this morning, myself, sister & brother in law there till end

We take the black sheep tag very seriously

Comment

I think I'd rather go to prison for a week than sleep in a tent on a camping 'holiday'.

Comment

Doesn't sound like camping if you bring everything. Do you bring a trouser press and mints for your memory foam pillows too mates.

Piece of tarp, bag of cans and a cup of cement.
                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 09-07-17, 22:10.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Was highly anticipating getting to the machine learning course in this python journey.

I was under the impression it was going to be more complex than that. The whole things a scam.
                                                                                                      Its how you use it...

In the nearest future we plan to unveil a whole line of neural network based products. A fully automated combat module based on that technology is to be unveiled during the ARMY-2017 forum,” communications director of Kalashnikov Concern Sofiya Ivanova told TASS.

Comment

...

Comment

One thing though, and its worthy of a second post. Its about kids swimming. We put the younger kid in a chair that sticks to the bath floor when washing him, and never leave the five year old unattended in the bath. But my wife has this weird thing when she sees the sea: suddenly its: off you go, have fun. I just can't work out the logical disconnect between the safety measures taken in a mere bath vs the seeming willingness to let nature take care of the kids when she sees a wild body of water.
                                                                                                          I would prob be the same. But the little one wont go too deep as they will be nervous and the oldest prob wont go out her depth. Can she swim?

Although now all 3 can swim pretty well. The youngest taught herself basically with encouragement from us. We go to the beach at least twice a week and she is in the water for about 5 hours and just loves it.

Get the little one used to swimming soon and you will be able to relax and enjoy the beach with them. We went to a Lido here last week and Aimee was jumping in the deep end and just swimming as soon as she got in. A year ago she was clinging to my legs with arm bands on!

Comment

One of my current work projects is a health and safety "Bot" that can deliver safety inductions in whatever languages we need, answer common questions etc. Will need a hell of a lot of input to start with, met with MS guys at a trade show and they were only too happy to get involved. Trying to make it as interactive as possible, touchscreen areas to identify hazards, CCTV from our own system to show near-misses and good/bad practice.
                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

See the Cork stadium redevelopment will give a third stadium in the country with a decent capacity. Are there any plans to develop e.g. Thomond to give it a proper capacity? Presume you need 4-5 decent sized stadiums to be able to realistically host international competitions. Also what was the rational behind not putting a roof on the Cork one?
                                                                                                                Hopefully will be used for some ai quarter finals ,maybe even a semi depending on locations of teams. So much better when you see full regional stadiums v half empty Croke park.

No pint adding capacity to thomond,only fills when munster going well and just for European matches mainly at that

Comment

See the Cork stadium redevelopment will give a third stadium in the country with a decent capacity. Are there any plans to develop e.g. Thomond to give it a proper capacity? Presume you need 4-5 decent sized stadiums to be able to realistically host international competitions. Also what was the rational behind not putting a roof on the Cork one?
                                                                                                                  You're aware we are short favourites to host the 2023 Rugby World Cup as it is?
                                                                                                                  Semple makes it four stadia with decent capacity. Thomond is a perfect size and won't be touched.

Comment

#prayforkev

Loch Garman abu

Comment

...

Comment

GAA supporters are hardy folk Hitch A bit of wind and rain never hurt anyone!

Comment

That is my first time hearing about the existence of Semple I see from Google Images it's another place designed as if it's located in the Med, without any cover.
                                                                                                                          Feile?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X