Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of Irish adult has never heard of Semple stadium?

Comment

Roofs are tricky and expensive on GAA stadia Hitch, the playing surface is about 30% bigger than a soccer pitch. And not really needed as ionapual says.

Soccer people will never apply for a tourney using GAA pitches, UEFA wouldn't give it to a load of non-soccer grounds, and the GAA couldn't agree to UEFA exclusivity demands anyway. So a triple lock there.

Rugby World Cup 2023 could happen, our bid is OK and up against flawed opposition. Though Semple has been left out of the venue list as it is unsuitable due to lack of places to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        What kind of Irish adult has never heard of Semple stadium?
        Especially one from Clare
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Roofs are tricky and expensive on GAA stadia Hitch, the playing surface is about 30% bigger than a soccer pitch. And not really needed as ionapual says.

Soccer people will never apply for a tourney using GAA pitches, UEFA wouldn't give it to a load of non-soccer grounds, and the GAA couldn't agree to UEFA exclusivity demands anyway. So a triple lock there.

Rugby World Cup 2023 could happen, our bid is OK and up against flawed opposition. Though Semple has been left out of the venue list as it is unsuitable due to lack of places to stay.
          How many stadia do we need AJ?

Was just listing out in my head:
          1. Landsdowne Rd
          2. Croker
          3. Thomond
          4. Semple
          5. Ravenhill
          6. Casement Park
          7. Salthill (would go GAA-only in Galway)
          8. RDS

Do we need more than 8?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            How many stadia do we need AJ?

Was just listing out in my head:
            1. Landsdowne Rd
            2. Croker
            3. Thomond
            4. Semple
            5. Ravenhill
            6. Casement Park
            7. Salthill (would go GAA-only in Galway)
            8. RDS

Do we need more than 8?
            Derry and Killarney and Kilkenny are also on the bid list. Semple isn't.

Comment

I had to wear a poncho in Croke Park once. I genuinely have no memory of ever getting wet at a match besides that.

Comment

Was drowned twice in Croker. First time was a Galway hurling match eons ago (semi-final I'm guessing), must be close to 20 years, a friend and I were standing on the Hill, was a lovely fine morning so wearing t-shirts and we were lashed out of it in the 2nd half.

Second time was in August 2008, a double header of football quarter finals. As above, started off as a gorgeous, warm and sunny day. Was seated in the lower Cusask, down near pitchside. The first match was Armagh-Wexford and I swear people with exposed skin were getting burned it was so nice. Then the main event, Kerry-Galway began and soon afterwards a once-in-a-decade downpour started. You just couldn't sit out in it, was torrential, so thousands of us rushed backwards to stand under the upper deck and peer out at the action. Great open flowing game as well! It rained so much that there was localised flooding all across the city, the Northside was particularly badly affected. We had planned to head out on the town immediately after the matches but needed to head to one of the lads' house for a change of clothes pitstop!

That match is mentioned here: https://www.balls.ie/football/6-wett...h-sport-142257

Comment

A curtain rail in my apartment fell off the wall on one side, it was attached by two screws to the wall, the bottom screw snapped and the screw is left in the wall, the top one has come out of the wall and there is too big of a hole for it to stay in. Looking at the fixtures on the right that are the same I can see that they too are pretty loose/dodgy.

How much would it cost to get somebody to fix that? I don't have a screw extractor or drill and need to get gone on holiday soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    Was drowned twice in Croker. First time was a Galway hurling match eons ago (semi-final I'm guessing), must be close to 20 years, a friend and I were standing on the Hill, was a lovely fine morning so wearing t-shirts and we were lashed out of it in the 2nd half.

Second time was in August 2008, a double header of football quarter finals. As above, started off as a gorgeous, warm and sunny day. Was seated in the lower Cusask, down near pitchside. The first match was Armagh-Wexford and I swear people with exposed skin were getting burned it was so nice. Then the main event, Kerry-Galway began and soon afterwards a once-in-a-decade downpour started. You just couldn't sit out in it, was torrential, so thousands of us rushed backwards to stand under the upper deck and peer out at the action. Great open flowing game as well! It rained so much that there was localised flooding all across the city, the Northside was particularly badly affected. We had planned to head out on the town immediately after the matches but needed to head to one of the lads' house for a change of clothes pitstop!

That match is mentioned here: https://www.balls.ie/football/6-wett...h-sport-142257
                    That Kerry-Galway match is legendary

Comment

Gaelic grounds in limerick is twice the capacity of thomond.

Comment

If I buy something in one branch of a shop can I return it in a different one usually? We're talking Dunnes Stores in this case...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Gaelic grounds in limerick is twice the capacity of thomond.
                          Thomond has been selected for the bid though, it will be 'free' as the IRFU already own it and it fitted in better with the mix of stadiums. Cork PUC can host 1 or 2 bigger capacity games inc a quarter final, so the other Munster grounds (Killarney/Thomond) are likely intended for Seed 2/3 v Seed 3/4/5 games.

Comment

France will win the rights though.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              If I buy something in one branch of a shop can I return it in a different one usually? We're talking Dunnes Stores in this case...
                              Yes. With receipt
                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

You pony up $10k for the Main Event, get a 50k stack and play the first level. What can go wrong? Ah, Aces my oul friend!

World Series of Day 1 Coolers, featuring Vanessa Selbst. The three-time bracelet winner was turned to the rail by Gaelle Baumann and you can watch all the be...

Comment

So when we moved house we signed up for a broadband package with a three mobile router. Decent service with 250gb allowance per month and 70pm cost with an 18mth contract period. Speed isn't great at ~15mb buts it's grand. This was the only real option.

Now Eir are rolling out fibre optic broadband to my door. A triple play package is 60pm for 18months and 90 thereafter. A bit of a no brainer.

Anyway bottom line is I either off load the mobile broadband package for the remaining 15 months or I start a complaint process alleging poor service to get them to waive the cost of paying for the remainder contact period. Anyone got any ideas/experience of getting off the hook with three?
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                    So when we moved house we signed up for a broadband package with a three mobile router. Decent service with 250gb allowance per month and 70pm cost with an 18mth contract period. Speed isn't great at ~15mb buts it's grand. This was the only real option.

Now Eir are rolling out fibre optic broadband to my door. A triple play package is 60pm for 18months and 90 thereafter. A bit of a no brainer.

Anyway bottom line is I either off load the mobile broadband package for the remaining 15 months or I start a complaint process alleging poor service to get them to waive the cost of paying for the remainder contact period. Anyone got any ideas/experience of getting off the hook with three?
                                    I know its fibre but are Eir given you a guarantee on speed??
                                    I myself have fibre but cant get speed above 14mb, despite been offered speed of up to 100mb, its not wrote in the contract having complained. Nothing i can do despite paying the extra money for the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                      I know its fibre but are Eir given you a guarantee on speed??
                                      I myself have fibre but cant get speed above 14mb, despite been offered speed of up to 100mb, its not wrote in the contract having complained. Nothing i can do despite paying the extra money for the package.
                                      Sounds like he is talking about fibre to the house, not the cabinet, so should be up to 1gb depending on package.

I hope you took advantage of the new house build to put cat 6 cable throughout the house V.

Comment

Stop paying them, they'll get the message.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          This is weak. You disappoint me

best make sure that that the broadband is up to speed before you commit.
                                          ?? It was the only option. I was going to get imagine but they had absolutely no capacity on the local broadcast tower (despite me pulling a stroke via their internal management to get them to overlook it lol). Edit: actually I assume this was a joke reading your comment back!

Yeah I have a 14 day cooling off period with eir so I'll be using that if needs be.
                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-07-17, 15:35.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            Sounds like he is talking about fibre to the house, not the cabinet, so should be up to 1gb depending on package.

I hope you took advantage of the new house build to put cat 6 cable throughout the house V.
                                            Yeah it's fibre to the house Dom so hopefully it'll be the biz. I didnt jump to the full 1gb package as I don't need it but I might play the upgrade card when the 18 month period runs out.

It's not a new build but a 12 year old B rated place. I'm currently paying for a new waste disposal system having shelled out money on all sorts so far. No new cat 6 cabling option but the place has a lot of attic access and I have a good space identified for a media cabinet and should be able to make that available in every room around the house that I wish to. Every room is wired for tv as well so I might be able to use that system as well.

Got my oak and maple floors sanded and varnished in a day and a half. The difference it makes is phenomenal. 3.5k for 175sq m of flooring but a lot cheaper than having to get new shit installed!!
                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-07-17, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              You pony up $10k for the Main Event, get a 50k stack and play the first level. What can go wrong? Ah, Aces my oul friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_VJ6l29-k
                                              the villain maintains an admirably calm demeanour. I'd be laughing my hole off.

Comment

Gilles Muller- at the ripe age of 34 he's won his first two tennis tour titles ever in last six months and now smashing it at Wimbledon. Urine sample please.
                                                Last edited by The Situation; 10-07-17, 15:56.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    How do you know what type of wood it is, out of interest - is that just general knowledge you picked up?
                                                    My Dad is a carpenter and I'd know oak myself and maple is pretty distinctive once it's been sanded.

Most people would know oak or teak on sight (particularly non stained oak).

Comment

Baumann is classy!

Comment

In fairness she plays it nicely. I'll just bet my quads here on the turn and hope my opponent flopped a flush or has a house...oh you do tyvm...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Gilles Muller- at the ripe age of 34 he's one his first two tennis tour titles ever in last six months and now smashing it at Wimbledon. Urine sample please.
                                                          It's possible federer is thirty five.

this year he won the oz open

I am not a tennis fan really though so admittedly i KNOW FA!

Comment

My apartment seems wired for cat6, I've the sockets at least but I've no idea where they're wired up to. Presume it's meant to go to a box in a cupboard somewhere.

Comment

In fairness she plays it nicely. I'll just bet my quads here on the turn and hope my opponent flopped a flush or has a house...oh you do tyvm...
                                                              I love baumann!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                Welcome home pAf
                                                                awh cheers...

I am allowed see other forums on the weekends though!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                  It's possible federer is thirty five.

this year he won the oz open

I am not a tennis fan really though so admittedly i KNOW FA!
                                                                  Fed is the greatest, Muller has been a journeyman that's somehow gone up several levels in his mid 30's from nowhere. Small difference
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Gilles Muller- at the ripe age of 34 he's won his first two tennis tour titles ever in last six months and now smashing it at Wimbledon. Urine sample please.
                                                                    Nadal straight into the jacks after the second set to play catch up...

Comment

Anyone any experience with Spinologists? Thoughts?

Comment

Love spinning it up. Sounds made up. Let me have a go first.

Comment

Gotta love the herald..

That's stormy not lukaku btw.
                                                                          The headline is a peach too
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                              I love baumann!
                                                                              Spent about 6 hours next to her at the table. Cant say she was the friendliest person I've ever met.

Comment

The big there from Nadal. Cracking match

Comment

Ooff Rafa saves two match points, epic stuff.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Arrived at the doctors at 6.15 for a 6.30 appointment, it's now 7.25 and there's 4 people ahead of me in the queue. I think I'm fully justified in telling him that's seriously out of order, am I right?

Comment

Can't beat being served steak onions and fried new spuds and peas from the garden a good game at Wimbledon and the winners of a few bad horse races after a tough days work.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Arrived at the doctors at 6.15 for a 6.30 appointment, it's now 7.25 and there's 4 people ahead of me in the queue. I think I'm fully justified in telling him that's seriously out of order, am I right?
                                                                                        Slippage of an hour in a days schedule for a GP wouldn't be all that far from par. Depends if it is standard for him or just one of those days.
                                                                                        My lad does appointments and generally if its early in the day it will be spot on time but the later it is the longer the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Slippage of an hour in a days schedule for a GP wouldn't be all that far from par. Depends if it is standard for him or just one of those days.
                                                                                          My lad does appointments and generally if its early in the day it will be spot on time but the later it is the longer the delay.
                                                                                          Doesn't mean it should be acceptable. Plus if it's clear there's slippage the receptionist should have rang me to say. It's not even like I can just leave and come back again ffs it's miles from where I live

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            I have unlimted 3 broadband for e20 per month - I honestly thought I told you about this, know I certainly discussed it with Strewel.. Go to 3 store and buy the PAYG broadband solution - the larger router for 150e into which you can insert the sim card. Then buy an all you can eat mobile sim for 20 per month. Discard the sim that came with the broadband and insert the sim that you bought for phone usage. Viola.

This is it right now which is the very low end of what I get, best I've tested is 24mb down. This level is suitable for everything I need it for.

You definitely didn't tell me this! Fair play I obviously acted in haste when I was looking for broadband

Comment

That was some game ! wow

Comment

Doesn't mean it should be acceptable. Plus if it's clear there's slippage the receptionist should have rang me to say. It's not even like I can just leave and come back again ffs it's miles from where I live
                                                                                                No way is it acceptable. Go in and get seen and tell them you'll be changing doctors. Not that they will give a fuck as all the doctors have more than enough patients these days but if you don't walk away they will just continue to treat their customers like shit.

Comment

Obv doped up to his eyeballs but cracking stuff all the same from Muller.

Still like to see Rafa go through as the quarters lineups look tasty.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

That reminds me, I had a doctors appointment at 5pm. Feck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Was thinking it was the blondie who was Selbst, until the dude started talking with a female voice. Vanessa needs a better haircut, or something, unless she is actively targeting transgender identification.
                                                                                                      Irish and hadn't heard of Semple stadium, on a poker forum and didn't know what Vanessa Selbst looks like. Bad day for things you really should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_VJ6l29-k
                                                                                                        Hate those justification speeches after a bustout. Just gtfo. Did you see the ladies 10k buy-in?, if so I'd say you were loving that!. Flattest payout structure I've ever noticed. 718 players not sure what was worse winner getting 13 buyins or the tail enders getting 1520 back!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                          Hate those justification speeches after a bustout. Just gtfo. Did you see the ladies 10k buy-in?, if so I'd say you were loving that!. Flattest payout structure I've ever noticed. 718 players not sure what was worse winner getting 13 buyins or the tail enders getting 1520 back!.

http://www.wsop.com/m/payouts/?grid=...670&dayof=5733
                                                                                                          It's a 1k buy-in for women. Only 10k for men to stop them playing it. It's illegal to offer a women's only game so they offer a 9k discount to women.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                            It's a 1k buy-in for women. Only 10k for men to stop them playing it. It's illegal to offer a women's only game so they offer a 9k discount to women.
                                                                                                            Still valu.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

http://www.wsop.com/m/payouts/?grid=...670&dayof=5733
                                                                                                              Vanessa Selbst is a pain in the hole anyway

Comment

Obv doped up to his eyeballs but cracking stuff all the same from Muller.

Still like to see Rafa go through as the quarters lineups look tasty.
                                                                                                                Fed is the greatest, Muller has been a journeyman that's somehow gone up several levels in his mid 30's from nowhere. Small difference
                                                                                                                So he got a doctor on par with Fed. Good for him.

Comment

Got off work early and that was fantastic entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                    So he got a doctor on par with Fed. Good for him.
                                                                                                                    Feds all about finesse and technique, not as reliant on brute power or super human agility as some of the other top lads, I'd say he one of the more likely clean ones.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

My Dad is a carpenter and I'd know oak myself and maple is pretty distinctive once it's been sanded.

Most people would know oak or teak on sight (particularly non stained oak).
                                                                                                                      I love solid wood. Would be able to recognise a fair few. I love birch flooring, had that in my hall in Donegal and it was beautiful once it was varnished up.

Comment

Who the fuck in RTE decided it was a good idea to let this Sinn Fein IRA scumbag come on the media in full military regalia to justify himself and bloat his ego. Apology my arse
                                                                                                                        GTFO unless you are going to name and shame the lads who sent you out and turn up at the inquest you cowardly scum.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                          Ah that explains it thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X