Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      After reading Vera Duffys book I'm done with vaccines fuck that.

I don't know one single person that I grew up with that died of cervical cancer I'm 49.

Chanel got injection, ended up with migraines and depression and lots of gp visits, please allow me my decisions.....
      “In their eyes I’ll see pain because their daughter is deteriorating in front of them... I don’t want any mother, father, sister, brother, friends or family ...
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        When did you move to France dude? And why not the name change to leshambo?
        Oh heaven forfend no, the El is core to my persona

Moved here start of February, was in Malta and Gibraltar during summer, thought I'd a job lined up for Portugal golden triangle before Xmas, while in Sligo in between did SQL server and Prince 2 courses.

Might start into Python during the shutdown

Strange few months

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          Jesus.
          Jesus, away. I'm quite entitled to my thoughts on injections.

This was a choice made by me and my daughter not lightly either.

I doubt very much I'm alone either but have the balls to say it
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Pop into schools pump injections into teenagers all around Ireland. Just like that

! Oh sign the form etc

Why was there no injection for breast cancer, I know people who got breast cancer?

Breast cancer can kill too. I don't trust that pharma hype

Give it 12 months, they be hopping into schools with the covid injection while millions die of all forms of cancer but yet just like that an unknown killer disease they have a prevention.. Nah sorry not buying it
            There's no vaccine for cancer for fuck sake, it's a vaccine for a virus, HPV, a virus that causes cervical cancer.

Jesus Michelle

Comment

A minority, sad story I know I've seen it.
              My aunt and uncle died of bone cancer over 20 yrs ago any injection yet?
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Have you ever gotten the flu jab?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  There's no vaccine for cancer for fuck sake, it's a vaccine for a virus, HPV, a virus that causes cervical cancer.

Jesus Michelle
                  I don't care its too late now and I have no regrets, can you not respect my decision, it was an option after all.

Instead of trying to tell me I'm wrong. The chances of Mia dying of cervical cancer are prob no different to her being hit by a bus imo
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

A minority, sad story I know I've seen it.
                    My aunt and uncle died of bone cancer over 20 yrs ago any injection yet?
                    Alright. I'm off to bed before we fall out.

Comment

Well I didn't see this coming.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Have you ever gotten the flu jab?
                        No will I tell you why... Because I have never had the flu, I have lots of colds ya. Flu.. I'd say a few on the planet has got maybe twice in their life.
                        Last edited by SatNav; 16-03-20, 01:15.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

So the person who refuses vaccines gets, fucking slated wow. No each to their own here no?
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

I don't care its too late now and I have no regrets, can you not respect my decision, it was an option after all.

Instead of trying to tell me I'm wrong. The chances of Mia dying of cervical cancer are prob no different to her being hit by a bus imo
                            Ok, Michelle, I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm trying to say to you that it's not JUST about Mia. You are her parent you can make whatever judgement you want regarding your child's health, and I totally respect that and have no say in it.

This isn't just about your child though. In order for my child to be safe, other children need to be vaccinated. Your actions don't just affect you. If they did, I would have no place commenting on it.

Comment

So the person who refuses vaccines gets, fucking slated wow. No each to their own here no?
                              No. No 'each to their own' when it comes to vaccination.

Comment

I'm actually gonna slope off to bed now, because I really like you, and I don't want it to deteriorate further.

Comment

Ok, Michelle, I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm trying to say to you that it's not JUST about Mia. You are her parent you can make whatever judgement you want regarding your child's health, and I totally respect that and have no say in it.

This isn't just about your child though. In order for my child to be safe, other children need to be vaccinated. Your actions don't just affect you. If they did, I would have no place commenting on it.
                                  Well I hope to god you don't go through shit I went through right after chanel got that vaccine. And I'm not joking BTW it was litterly few weeks later the side effects hit.

And we are not going to fall out ffs I'm just anti vac. We all have our views I'm just opposite to u.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Why's there no broken ankle injection?

Comment

Oh Michelle.
                                      An absolute mountain of emperical evidence but a book by a heartbroken mother overrules it all.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh Michelle.
                                        An absolute mountain of emperical evidence but a book by a heartbroken mother overrules it all.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          Well I didn't see this coming.
                                          You think that is bad. I found out during the week that one of my sisters thought that Brazil was in the USA! Also the rest of the continent north and south too.

Fair play to Lazare. Don't always think of him as the 'voice of reason', but well said Laz.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            Oh Michelle.
                                            Have you read the book?

My point stands, my beliefs also my 14 Yr old beiiefs and shes no fool. And remember vaccines are a choice, ye are all only producing kids now. My eldest 25 I have had a horrific experience from her being the Guinea pig . That fucking injection ruined her. Ye do what ye think is best for your young kids and report back later with the repercussions.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Vegas closing shop. Doug Polk got plenty of action at 20/1 on the WSOP not going ahead @ 20/1 back in Jan/Feb which is looking like a good bet now.

Opr

Comment

Denny, unknowingly, made a very poignant comment today given the last hour. He mentioned people being unable to take on any information that challenges their worldview.

Both side in this argument are guilty of that.

The problem is, one side has veritable mountains of scientific evidence to back up their worldview.

Michelle you are absolutely entitled to an ignorant, ill informed and selfish view. You are not entitled to immunity from criticism. People get criticized here (and its good thing) for way more marginal things than this.
                                                Last edited by Theresa; 16-03-20, 01:54.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Alcohol, grand
                                                  Botox, grand
                                                  LSD, grand
                                                  Cocaine, grand
                                                  Meth, grand
                                                  Valium, more please

Vaccines, big pharma trying to poison my family.

Comment

Denny, unknowingly, made a very poignant comment today given the last hour. He mentioned people being unable to take on any information that challenges their worldview.

Both side in this argument are guilty of that.

The problem is, one side has veritable mountains of scientific evidence to back up their worldview.

Michelle you are absolutely entitled to an ignorant, ill informed and selfish view. You are not entitled to immunity from criticism. People get criticized here (and its good thing) for way more marginal things than this.
                                                    Have you kids?

Do you think my descion was taken lightly? Because it wasn't.

I am now labeled as ignorant, selfish and Misinformed by you.. That's fucking ignorance imo.

It was a choice by us as a family and until. You have a family come back and let me know your thoughts on your kids.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                        Alcohol, grand
                                                        Botox, grand
                                                        LSD, grand
                                                        Cocaine, grand
                                                        Meth, grand
                                                        Valium, more please

Vaccines, big pharma trying to poison my family.
                                                        I've never done meth
                                                        And don't act the bolix with me as a friend ��
                                                        Valium part highly insulting when you know me well...
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I've never done meth
                                                          And don't act the bolix with me as a friend ��
                                                          Valium part highly insulting when you know me well...
                                                          I'm not going to say anymore, as I won't be as polite as Conor.

Comment

I'll be polite..

Its easy to throw stats at me, and say anecdotal decision making is ignorant, but it's same genes and my decision was far from the ignorant snap decision it seems to be viewed. This decision wasn't taken likely and I was torn over it for a long time. It's easy for you to throw stats at it and I've research them all. Until you have a child who's personality and health totally changed as a side effect of that vaccine and then have to make that decision for you only other child, it's impossible to understand.

Good night
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Have you kids?

I am now labeled as ignorant, selfish and Misinformed by you.. That's fucking ignorance imo.

It was a choice by us as a family and until. You have a family come back and let me know your thoughts on your kids.
                                                              I don't have kids, although thats irrelevant.

You are a smart cookie and Im fond of you, like mostly everyone here. Your view on vaccines is ignorant, selfish and misinformed.

Comment

The busses are still running here in D14.

Comment

Garbage collection just like normal too.

Comment

Comment

Youngest got vaccinated against Norovirus. Eldest got it . We all puked for 24 horrible hours. Youngest was fine.

I get the flu jab every year since the kids were born . Some people have side effects from even ibuprofen but I bet when its needed they are gobbled up

Michelle . I hope everything works out for Mia health wise. Im sure it will Shes a jewel and I'd swat day and night to protect her. Just remember side effects are nowhere near as bad as the malady they protect from for any vaccine you can mention.

Also people are dying right now as we've no vaccine for covid. What you gonna do when there is one ? For yourself ?

Comment

I wonder what countries are going to see a massive shift in their geo-political situation as a result of this virus.

There will be countries where a form of executive order may grant additional powers to a president/political party and not be relinquished upon getting this under control.

Obviously, 3rd world nations with a history of previous dictatorships are the most likely but some 1st world nations may be at risk. You would fear for nations such as Hungary under Orban which have seen a slow creep towards authoritarianism.

On the US, I think this situation is Sanders best hope for candidacy now. If the lower economic classes see a major disparity in the health services they receive vs the elite, calls for Sanders will increase.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop in the coming weeks/months but I fear the repercussions may be long lasting beyond the inevitable health & economic issues.

Comment

Some neck on Boucher, but this is also what I've heard:

Comment

Have you kids?

It doesn't matter if he has kids. As it happens I do, and knowing that people don't vaccinate their own children terrifies me because you're not just risking your own daughters' lives, you're risking the health and life of my children and everyone elses.

That's not "throwing stats" or labelling you as anything. It's just a fact.

You can make an informed and well-intentioned decision and it can be spectacularly wrong and in this instance Michelle, that's the decision you've made. An honest decision by a mother trying to do the best by her children. But the decision doesn't just affect you, it can hurt other people too.

This whole virus thing is a wake up call that when it comes to public health issues there are no personal decisions. All decisions are communal. If a vaccine is developed for this coronavirus I hope you'll realise the benefits of getting it Michelle. Even if I KNEW the side effects wouldn't be pleasant I know I have a mother who will almost certainly die if she gets coronavirus. So I'll take a vaccine as will my son.

And, just on a small aside, the HPV vaccine is given to kids between 11 and 13. If you are suggesting the personality change was a result of the vaccine and not the far more likely "puberty" then I think you've confused correlation with causation. HPV vaccines do have side effects in a small percentage of people but personality changes are not one of them AFAIK. Anyway, hope you and your family are well and staying safe.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Dobby, I genuinely think your risk metrics are all over the place. You cancelled a trip to Europe a few years ago vs a tiny probability of terrorist activities and now you are running maybe a 1 in 300 mortality risk going to work. I'm so far away from having a go at you, and understand your situation, but really think its worth reconsidering if you are turning up to work just because you feel you are letting down people who aren't thinking about your safety.
                                                                              I know I was poking fun at your downplaying of the virus last month. But now you’ve gone off the other end. 300/1 is an unbelievably bad estimate. Even if he had covid it only be 1000/1 to kick it. And picking it up in the first place is prob 500/1

Comment

Done . Snip
                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 16-03-20, 08:52.

Comment

Children go through changes at various stages of their lives.

Underlying problems/conditions tend to show at various stages of their life

Some of these stages co-inside with the times they get vaccinated and so get linked to the vaccinations.

A small percentage of people can have reactions to the vaccines but this pales compared to what happens if people don't. So long term your family is more at risk if people don't vaccinate than if you choose not to.

Medical conditions that were pretty much wiped out 40+ years ago are on the rise due to anti-vaxers

The underlying medical case for anti-vaxing is based on falsified studies done by Andrew Wakefield who was barred from practicing for his false claims.

I'm sure I could write more but no need...

Errr... 5Star you're killing me!?

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao is working from home today. She had already been told to work from home this week so rather than use her days off, she's working.

I expect productivity levels will be on the floor. So far, she has got up late, made some coffee and has come back into the bedroom three times, to tell me there is a small IT issue, to put some perfume on (essential when working from home) and to just say hello.

She's 34 minutes into her work day.

Comment

Until you have a child who's personality and health totally changed as a side effect of that vaccine and then have to make that decision for you only other child, it's impossible to understand.
                                                                                      Michelle, I’m sure her personality changed, I don’t doubt that for a second. But you can’t possibly know why it changed . You’re just attributing it to the nearby event. That’s how these cons work. They try to make a emotional connection to get more traction, to hurt more people. Just like the way they say MMR cause autism. It plays on parents emotions. The reality is MMR vaccines occur at around 12-15months, and autism can only be diagnosed at 18months.

I’m not doing to throw science at you. You said it as a personal choice. So here’s a personal story.
                                                                                      6 years ago I was home for Christmas. The night before I was leaving, Mam called me upstairs on my own. I could tell something was wrong, she was acting off. I told her to just say it. “I think I have cervical cancer”. She just burst out crying.
                                                                                      She didn’t think, she knew. The doctor knew. Multiple tests and biopsies confirmed it. She was 48, a year younger than you. She made me promise I wouldn’t tell my brothers and sisters as the youngest was only 13. So I took it back to Australia with me. She was lucky that it was early. But the only way to treat it was to removed crevice, uterus, and ovaries. It’s been a few years and it has come back.

I wasn’t gonna post this next bit on here, but it’s relevant now. A few weeks ago my partner found out she had HPV. We’re both early 30s. They also found some abnormal cells and did a biopsy. The doctor rang the next weekend and said come back in ASAP. Basically said it’s more advanced than he thought. Last Wednesday she had surgery to remove the cells. Right now we’re waiting to find out if it was cancer or pre-cancer - those are only options.
                                                                                      It was 100% cause by HPV. And most likely would have been avoided if the vaccine was available.

As you said it’s your choice. And I’m sure you’ve researched it. But to be frank, you aren’t a medical professional, how could you distinguish between valid information and bullshit. I’m sure Mia is a smart kid, but she’s a kid. She’s not in a position to contest doctors and other professionals who studied this for decades.
                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 16-03-20, 10:09.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                        Wonder if this showcase of what a very contagious disease can do without a vaccine will change the minds of some of the people who are not sure about getting their kids their shots.
                                                                                        Not a hope. Mate of mine is an anti vaxxer (I just discovered during this whole corona thing) and he is as headstrong as ever.

In fact, he doesn't believe the pandemic as bad as everyone is saying.
                                                                                        Be no fucking injections in this house I didnt allow Mia even get the cervical one. I'm anti anti vac and so is Mia. She is convinced this is a man made virus.
                                                                                        Well that was a short lived hope that some good may come from this outside of basic hand washing.

Comment

Yanks

Comment

In other news my little boy has just started pulling out all the covers from the plug sockets.

The constant fear of electrocution will now add some edge to being housebound for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              Michelle, I’m sure her personality changed, I don’t doubt that for a second. But you can’t possibly know why it changed . You’re just attributing it to the nearby event. That’s how these cons work. They try to make a emotional connection to get more traction, to hurt more people. Just like the way they say me cause autism. It plays on parents emotions. The reality is MMR vaccines occur at around 12-15months, and autism can only be diagnosed at 18months.

I’m not doing to throw science at you. You said it as a personal choice. So here’s a personal story.
                                                                                              6 years ago I was home for Christmas. The night before I was leaving, Mam called me upstairs on my own. I could tell something was wrong, she was acting off. I told her to just say it. “I think I have cervical cancer”. She just burst out crying.
                                                                                              She didn’t think, she knew. The doctor knew. Multiple tests and biopsies confirmed it. She was 48, a year younger than you. She made me promise I wouldn’t tell my brothers and sisters as the youngest was only 13. So I took it back to Australia with me. She was lucky that it was early. But the only way to treat it was to removed crevice, uterus, and ovaries. It’s been a few years and it has come back.

I wasn’t gonna post this next bit on here, but it’s relevant now. A few weeks ago my partner found out she had HPV. We’re both early 30s. They also found some abnormal cells and did a biopsy. The doctor rang the next weekend and said come back in ASAP. Basically said it’s more advanced than he thought. Last Wednesday she had surgery to remove the cells. Right now we’re waiting to find out if it was cancer or pre-cancer - those are only options.
                                                                                              It was 100% cause by HPV. And most likely would have been avoided if the vaccine was available.

As you said it’s your choice. And I’m sure you’ve researched it. But to be frank, you aren’t a medical professional, how could you distinguish between valid information and bullshit. I’m sure Mia is a smart kid, but she’s a kid. She’s not in a position to contest doctors and other professionals who studied this for decades.
                                                                                              I'm really really sorry to hear that and hope all turns out well.

I've nothing more to say on my opinions so I'll leave it there.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-03-20, 09:58.

Comment

Opinions are the library of the fool!

Comment

You've made your mind up Michelle. So now we just hope you are never EVER proved wrong . However , Please dont dissuade other people from doing it as indirectly you could harm someone. Best of luck.

Comment

10.15am and running out of jobs for the kids to do.

'Plunge the drains' next.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

For anyone like me who still can't handle the thought of instant, Calender Coffee from Galway doing their part for the cafes that have shut.

We're launching a nationwide campaign to support coffee shops and cafes during the Covid-19 outbreak.
                                                                                                            We will be donating 30% of every bag sold through our website to a cafe of your choice.
                                                                                                            The best part, is that this can be ANY cafe in the Republic of Ireland, regardless of whether they stock Calendar Coffee or not.
                                                                                                            To make this work, there'll be a €4 flat rate on all orders up to 2kg to cover shipping costs.
                                                                                                            All you need to do is include the name and location of your favourite cafe at checkout, and you can even share a message of support.

Seasonally sourced, roasted in Galway.

Comment

I utterly despair for humanity having read those posts.

Comment

So with the pubs asked to close, will restaurants be next? That's what I couldnt understand with this #CloseThePubs thing. You're in close contact in a restaurant too. My work announced on Facebook that its business as usual except orders to be collected have to be called in in advance and reps can only go to site by appointment only. Whereas the drivers continue delivering to site as normal I genuinely think it will take one of us to actually get it before they close.

Comment

Apologies if already discussed.

I presume it gets to the stage fairly quock where contact tracing is useless and everyone is put in the same boat, I.e. lockdown or do they continue to look for connections?

Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                    You've made your mind up Michelle. So now we just hope you are never EVER proved wrong . However , Please dont dissuade other people from doing it as indirectly you could harm someone. Best of luck.
                                                                                                                    Absolutely. If Michelle wants to expose her daughter to a potentially deadly but avoidable thing, then sadly that is the choice of the family as it is not mandatory, but if she tries to convince others that she is right then it becomes extremely dangerous and irresponsible.

There is obviously no convincing you, but there is almost no chance that any behavioural or medical things that happened to Chanel were caused by that vaccine. I'm obviously not a doctor, but I know there is copious amounts of research done on it.

I have kids, and they are all getting their vaccines, and the eldest got the chicken pox (have to pay extra) also, as will the younger when the time comes. They'll also both get that HPV vaccine too when the time comes as it has been extended to boys as well.

Religion is an each to their own topic (mostly). Sport or politics is generally also an each to their own subject. Vaccinations isn't.

Comment

what are peoples thoughts about dublin airport,likelihood of closing?
                                                                                                                      currently work there dont want to go near the place.
                                                                                                                      last place to close if at all?
                                                                                                                      or likely?

Comment

Some good news, you can now join your library online straight away.

I heartily exhort anyone who hasn't done so to sign up. The range of services available even over the internet is unreal. Borrowbox app allows you to check out ebooks, audiobooks etc while RB Digital has a huge range of magazines and newspapers you can read on your phone.

Can remember how to post tweets - it's here:

Last edited by Keane; 16-03-20, 11:00.

Comment

With early containment it's viable, it's how China and SK have cut new cases so much.

Good luck to the UK with that though. Really should have sold the shit out of the FTSE on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X