Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

90 minutes waiting to get through passport control at probably the smallest commercial airport I've ever been through in Limoges. Awful WiFi...town is a kip....sometimes it's hard to like France.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        90 minutes waiting to get through passport control at probably the smallest commercial airport I've ever been through in Limoges. Awful WiFi...town is a kip....sometimes it's hard to like France.
        Hasn't been the best start, it can only get better !

This the holiday where you are renting the fancy house in Franceland ?
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          How long til you can fly over yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Hasn't been the best start, it can only get better !

This the holiday where you are renting the fancy house in Franceland ?
            Nope, on me own just an overnighter. Holiday house is near Bordeaux and not until August. Can't wait for a holiday...wish I hadn't left it so late...We're only back and school starts again.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              How long til you can fly over yourself?
              That question and this trip are not unrelated.

Comment

You know we are heading back towards Celtic Tiger house price levels when a local pizza shop closes down and it's replaced by an estate agent

Comment

What sort of an inadequate psychopath would do this

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Daily Mail really 'get' the DUP

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        My resolution to refuse to subsidise the all the chavball droolers by paying two sports subscriptions in so that I watch a half dozen rugby matches a year is weakening.
                        Fucking bogband
                        Looks like Sky are changing their business model just for you, will soon be able to get a cheaper sports package without soccer.
                        Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Looks like Sky are changing their business model just for you, will soon be able to get a cheaper sports package without soccer.
                          https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...l-golf-cricket
                          Cool sounds sensible. , MSN can sign me up for the racing and rugby package.

Comment

Media start to fight back against authoritarian censorship

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              got myself some centre court tickets for the mens 1/4 final day on Weds 12th in Wimbledon - never been to a tennis event before but I shall adhere to the traditional Wimbledon Centre Court dress code and pour pimms down my neck like a student necking jaeger bombs.

Comment

got myself some centre court tickets for the mens 1/4 final day on Weds 12th in Wimbledon - never been to a tennis event before but I shall adhere to the traditional Wimbledon Centre Court dress code and pour pimms down my neck like a student necking jaeger bombs.
                                You may have to direct me as to the means by which these were procured. Assuming it was be readily accessible albeit pricey channels. My mother has talked about going to Wimbledon since my brother and I were children and I'd love to arrange it for her one of these days.
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Also that it is playboy's whitehouse correspondent
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I remember my first qf at Wimbledon so well. I queued all night, did things to à girl I met in the queue I never knew were allowed all night long, then sat on centre court in the front row and watched graf and sabatini slug it out, then lendl and leconte go at it. Ended up with one of my worst sunburns ever, before going out to a massive party, only to get home the next day to a phenomenal bollocking, as my parents had found out I smoked by watching me on the telly all day puffing away watching the tennis. Good times!
                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 27-06-17, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      I remember my first qf at Wimbledon so well. I queued all night, did things to à girl I met in the queue I never knew were allowed all night long, then sat on centre court in the front row and watched graf and sabatini slug it out, then lendl and leconte go at it. Ended up with one of my worst sunburns ever, before going out to a massive party, only to get home the next day to a phenomenal bollocking, as my parents had found out I smoked by watching me on the telly all day puffing away watching the tennis. Good times!
                                      Did you smell your fingers writing that post ? ?
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        You may have to direct me as to the means by which these were procured. Assuming it was be readily accessible albeit pricey channels. My mother has talked about going to Wimbledon since my brother and I were children and I'd love to arrange it for her one of these days.
                                        Would she be OK with just the outside courts, supposedly very easy to get for the first week. Always strikes me as more fun anyway as you can hunt a couple of interesting matches rather than be stuck watching the No1/No2 seeds beating up a hobo on Centre.

Comment

S

Did you smell your fingers writing that post ? ?
                                          Nope, the toes!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            Nope, the toes!
                                            Animal !!
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Would she be OK with just the outside courts, supposedly very easy to get for the first week. Always strikes me as more fun anyway as you can hunt a couple of interesting matches rather than be stuck watching the No1/No2 seeds beating up a hobo on Centre.
                                              Yer right but yer wrong!

Irish mammy always wanted to go Wimbledon, Irish mammy gets centre court

Kayroo, when you sort it ask her if she wants to do two days one day centre court, other day on the doss!

Comment

Tip for anyone going to Wimbledon

Spend as little time in Southfields as possible
                                                Grand place to live but...

Bookies nearly shat themselves when I showed up with a £500 ish winning docket

Pub served me a well done steak when asked for med-rare and thought it was ok to do that (wanna be Irish girl with the great tits is cool though)

Shit chipper!!!

Decent butchers

Nothing else to see!

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Thankfully I didn't have to cross anyones palm with silver for these. When I was in Boyles I rem buying for a customer 2 * CC for ladies final, top class tickets, half way line, probably next to Cliff Richard or someone like that and they cost (I think) £2,500 each. They can be got if you want to pay for them, suspect mens 1/4 final c.£600ea for the top end ones. When you want to go gimme a shout as il have a few numbers in my phone from where they can be sourced.
                                                    I may try and line it up for next year. I'll give you a shout closer to the time (i.e not before this year's one has even started)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      Yer right but yer wrong!

Irish mammy always wanted to go Wimbledon, Irish mammy gets centre court

Kayroo, when you sort it ask her if she wants to do two days one day centre court, other day on the doss!
                                                      Elshambles hits the nail square on the head here. Centre Court, Men's Q/F or S/F ideally.

I do like the idea of doing a couple of days though, that might be just the ticket. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

I got my folks to a Wimbledon QF in the 90's through a business thing, I'd half forgotten all about that, I think my Mother loved it but probably wasn't in the ha'penny place for her as when I brought her to Mount Juliet for the open in the early 90's and we got to go around with the likes of Seve, Faldo and
                                                        Langer who won it.
                                                        Certainly very memorable for me, so advice to Kayroo is just do it don't be hanging around.

Comment

The last 16 round is best day to get centre or court 1 tickets imo, although if you take a dim view of womens tennis the quarters probably preferable. My GF's dad lives over there and was high up in the ITF so I've no shortage of freebies
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

After all the talk of the red head lad over the last couple of days, hes gone and announced 7 gigs in Ireland next May.

Galway x2
                                                            Cork x2
                                                            Dublin x2
                                                            Belfast

Comment

Went to and Irish restaurant last night and it was honestly one of the best meals I've had.
                                                              Main course was a next level Irish stew, but highlight was crab and black pudding appetiser. The chef is a nose to tail type, butchers the whole pig, makes his own black pudding fresh. Taste was amazing, noticeably different to commercial stuff that presumable pre-boiled.
                                                              The chef came over to the table afterwards. He's originally from blanch (the judge on MyKitchenRules if anyone knows it) and was joking around. I mentioned the pudding was great and how it's hard to get good pudding over here. He goes "it's easy to make, the recipes in my cookbook ".
                                                              We finish our drinks and beer are about to leave when the chef comes back over with two plastic takeaway trays. Both full of black pudding. Deadly.

Comment

Would anyone be able to recommend hostels for staying in Dublin city?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  generator in smithfield

Comment

Sorry for your trouble, the eternal uptick in the markets was never going to last was it?

Comment

Have a referral code for €20 off accessories on oneplus.net if anyone wants it.

If anyone buying the new oneplus5

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                        After all the talk of the red head lad over the last couple of days, hes gone and announced 7 gigs in Ireland next May.

Galway x2
                                                                        Cork x2
                                                                        Dublin x2
                                                                        Belfast
                                                                        And foo fighters announce one date in the o2 London for Sept 19th this year, 4 days after their album is released. Glasto fever!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Went to and Irish restaurant last night and it was honestly one of the best meals I've had.
                                                                          Main course was a next level Irish stew, but highlight was crab and black pudding appetiser. The chef is a nose to tail type, butchers the whole pig, makes his own black pudding fresh. Taste was amazing, noticeably different to commercial stuff that presumable pre-boiled.
                                                                          The chef came over to the table afterwards. He's originally from blanch (the judge on MyKitchenRules if anyone knows it) and was joking around. I mentioned the pudding was great and how it's hard to get good pudding over here. He goes "it's easy to make, the recipes in my cookbook ".
                                                                          We finish our drinks and beer are about to leave when the chef comes back over with two plastic takeaway trays. Both full of black pudding. Deadly.
                                                                          What other sort of stuff would be on the menu? Always wondered what sort of success you'd have opening a bacon and cabbage shop in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            What other sort of stuff would be on the menu? Always wondered what sort of success you'd have opening a bacon and cabbage shop in Beijing.
                                                                            Menu.

Im guessing this is the spot Mellor ?
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              I was wondering exactly where he was from. Sound of him anyway by the sounds of things.

Comment

Menu.

The classic watermelon salad with chorizo and sriracha

Comment

Some random English number rang me a while ago. Asian sounding girl...

Rep -"Hello, we would like to talk to you about online earning. Have you ever tried earning online?"

Me - "I currently turn over over €200m online per annum"

*Silence

Me- "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Rep - "No, you can hang up"

Comment

Menu.

That's the one. He just took over after selling his place in Paddington.

The classic watermelon salad with chorizo and sriracha
                                                                                    I don't know where that's from, nowhere I'd guess . Afaik he doesn't advertise everything as being traditional irish fare. Bit of a mix of modern gastro pub stuff, and traditional irish stuff like colcannon, stew etc. Last night was a Taste of Ireland set menu;

Black pudding with Crab

Smoked Mackerel or Potato Soups with Ham Hock

Irish Stew or Corned beef with Colcannon

Guinness Brownie and Baileys Ice Cream Sandwich

Taste of Ireland tonight @banksia_bistro @leighmcdivitt @chef_gnomes ........see you soon 🥔�...

Not sure about Bejing, but in a pub bistro in a working class area of Sydney you'd be grand with meat and veg.

Comment

6 people to be charged over Hillsborough, and the match commander hit with 95 counts of manslaughter: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-40419819
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I had to do a walk thru of Jacobs Inn a few weeks ago and place looked very nice, at Talbot Place

Comment

Asshole reporter has a hissy fit about his co-workers being fired for putting out fake stories and not one of his "colleagues" backs him up because they know that the he's an asshole.

FYP

Comment

Initial Metropolis lineup announced:

TLC
                                                                                            Richie Hawtin
                                                                                            Leftfield
                                                                                            Jungle
                                                                                            Death in Vegas
                                                                                            Mount Kimbie

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                              FYP
                                                                                              Pigs at a trough rarely complain about the food

Also, making members of the press "the" story is hardly what is needed.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Very interesting list of what MIT Review consider the 50 Smartest companies currently operating
                                                                                                Each year we identify 50 companies creating new opportunities by combining disruptive technologies and business savvy. Some are large companies that seem to be growing ever larger, like Amazon and Apple. Others, like IBM, or General Electric are old-guard giants betting on technology renewal. And the list is full of ambitious startups like SpaceX, which is changing the economics of space travel with…

Comment

Very interesting list of what MIT Review consider the 50 Smartest companies currently operating
                                                                                                  https://www.technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2017/
                                                                                                  12 of these are clients of ours.

2 of top 3, and 4 of top 5.

Thats kinda sick.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    Pigs at a trough rarely complain about the food

Also, making members of the press "the" story is hardly what is needed.
                                                                                                    Lol, good analogy.

I was listening to an ex-press pool reporter earlier and he said that the any good reporter worth his salt wouldn't depend on the White House press briefings for their news.
                                                                                                    And if they were following an actual story they would never ask the press secretary in front of the press pool as it would let all the other reporters know what they were working on and risk losing their scoop.
                                                                                                    Basically he was saying the white house press pool are lazy bottom feeders.

Comment

Pas the sick bag,social media photo stunt king Justin Trudeau coming to Ireland.
                                                                                                      Anyone who expresses themselves that much through their choice of socks is not to be trusted

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Pas the sick bag,social media photo stunt king Justin Trudeau coming to Ireland.
                                                                                                        Anyone who expresses themselves that much through their choice of socks is not to be trusted
                                                                                                        Do you look for things to get annoyed about? It's not hard to avoid most of the things that seem to irritate you. I've never seen anything on social media by him or about hid socks. I think you need to adjust which things or people you follow.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Do you look for things to get annoyed about? It's not hard to avoid most of the things that seem to irritate you. I've never seen anything on social media by him or about hid socks. I think you need to adjust which things or people you follow.
                                                                                                          Yes spend an hour every morning browsing for stuff to keep my furnace of hate going.
                                                                                                          In fairness the guy is in the news quite a bit,I'm not on any social media but hard to avoid this guys clearly staged to go viral photo ops if you are a news junkie (which is prob as bad a habit as social media in fairness)

Comment

Got asked by two plain clothes detectives to be in a police lineup in an hour. Bntr.

Comment

Don't pay much attention to Canadian politics/Trudeau but I know he's

- Legalising weed
                                                                                                              - Making it easier again for me to get citizenship

Seems like a good egg to me
                                                                                                              Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 28-06-17, 16:59.

Comment

Who are your heroes PSV?
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

why has no one mentioned that preacher is back?????

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Who are your heroes PSV?
                                                                                                                    You shouldn't have heroes if you are over the age of 12

Comment

You shouldn't have heroes if you are over the age of 12
                                                                                                                      Bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                        Got asked by two plain clothes detectives to be in a police lineup in an hour. Bntr.

https://youtu.be/dMpWkmqfOjY

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X