Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Does it have much impact? It's uncurable, once you've enough ICUs and ventilators I don't think catching people when they're asymptomatic makes much of a difference.
        I suppose the short answer is we don't know how much impact it has at this stage.

Obviously giving oxygen therapy is a directly advantageous otherwise it wouldn't be done.
        It allows the body additional support to fight the infection so I suppose early intervention helps albeit somewhat limited.

The primary advantage is indirect, it's the awareness. Those who are asymptomatic are made aware far earlier and take it upon themselves to avoid contact with places/people of higher vulnerability.

Self isolation at an earlier stage. Perhaps their mortality rate will increase but their measures appear to be working and the sample is more representative of where will likely end up here.

Comment

Aul lad just txt me. Brother is starting work to turn disused warehouses in cork into containment centres over the weekend. It's happening.

Comment

Boom...lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Boom...lockdown.
              televised? found it
              Last edited by DeadParrot; 12-03-20, 11:34.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Boom...lockdown.
                It's start anyway. Cant see work giving us paid time off until the govt call it so still be working for now

Comment

Cant wait to hear about the "social distancing" in Coppers

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Cant wait to hear about the "social distancing" in Coppers
                    do pubs have to shut the doors if 100 people are in the boozer?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        No idea

Im guessing they are hoping people won be going to pubs/restarants?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Even if they have to, they wont
                          airport, lol

Comment

What's the airport like, supposed to be going to Aberdeen for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              What's the airport like, supposed to be going to Aberdeen for the weekend
                              Quieter, ridic amount of yellow posters and staff going around wiping down any touch points.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

I’m sure the VFI will put the public’s best interests to the fore of their response
                                  I still expect pubs to be packed on paddy’s tbh

Comment

How is the 100 thing gonna work, theres 100 people on my office floor about id say. If i walk downstairs im in a crowd of 100+. Planes are 100+ A full bus. Seems a bit loose and unenforceable
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Had a night away booked in a Wexford hotel for tomorrow night. Cancelled it.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Feel like I should start eating bread again, in solidarity with the nation.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

I thought this was a little bit of a worrying indicator: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/u...-capacity.html

US hospital beds per 1000 @ 2.8, Italy @ 3.2 and South Korea @ 12.2 while Ireland @ < 3
                                            Last edited by Guest; 12-03-20, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              I guess its not about it being 'enforceable', so much as its about companies using common sense to act within the spirit of the intention.
                                              Yeah, best of luck with that one. We need black and white enforceable rules. Dont leave stuff up to common sense theres not much of it around
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Took 6 mins for the NYSE to drop 7%

Comment

It was nice when I had savings.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    How is the 100 thing gonna work, theres 100 people on my office floor about id say. If i walk downstairs im in a crowd of 100+. Planes are 100+ A full bus. Seems a bit loose and unenforceable
                                                    It was asked at the press conference... The 100 indoors, 500 outdoors refers to social events/gatherings. Workplaces are different.

Comment

Paddy Power/Flutter down 12% today

BitCoin seeing a huge sell-off.

Things to look into after everything is said n' done? Unilever/Proctor and Gamble/J&J surely - Uptake in better hygeine?

Cloud based companies - Businesses needed to put better WFH practices in place for the future etc?

Comment

Just read Varadkar's speach. I'm pretty sure he tooks parts of it from Bill Pullman's speech in Independnce Day just before they launced their counter attack.

Comment

Comment

All those FIRE people are going to be back looking for jobs at a bad time

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                              Took 6 mins for the NYSE to drop 7%
                                                              Even after all that, we're basically just back to the start of 2019

Comment

Mad reports, videos of panic buying being dialed up.

It'll take 3 days for replenishment of this demand so surely timing run for this is optimum and/or online ordering over a glass of wine/bottle of vodka?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

lol next home delivery slot from my local Tesco is Tuesday!

Comment

lol - really? Probably max lead time to manage expectations

Comment

Comment

ocado (and the others as well no doubt) has gone crazy here as well. usually book on a thursday for a saturday. we're now having to think over a week ahead

Comment

Even after all that, we're basically just back to the start of 2019
                                                                          Buy buy buy
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Have just acquired some hand sanitiser. Goes to the highest bidder

Comment

...

Comment

Forgot what a shit show web conferences/calls can be, heavy breathing central

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  or mid-2017. Depends on your investment profile, I suppose, but its not great. If you'd invested your money 5 years ago you're now up 20%. Of course the whole thing could bounce back quickly, but its hard to see how.
                                                                                  why 2017? I was just going by S&P

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                    I’m sure the VFI will put the public’s best interests to the fore of their response
                                                                                    I still expect pubs to be packed on paddy’s tbh
                                                                                    Lets drink our way through this !
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

It was nice when I had savings.
                                                                                      ...then i bought a plane...
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Might be able to afford a gaff after it all
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

All those FIRE people are going to be back looking for jobs at a bad time
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Might be able to afford a gaff after it all
                                                                                            House was officially sold on Tuesday, I feel I may have sold quite literally at the top

SPOILER
                                                                                            Pity we also then went and bought at the top

Comment

...

Comment

Metaphorical carnage down the Aldi. Cleared out of bread, milk, eggs, most cheese, tissues, jax roll, most fresh meats. Surprised how full the booze shelves were- I blame the young folk. 5/6 tills going full speed.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Metaphorical carnage down the Aldi. Cleared out of bread, milk, eggs, most cheese, tissues, jax roll, most fresh meats. Surprised how full the booze shelves were- I blame the young folk. 5/6 tills going full speed.
                                                                                                    Surprising coming up to Paddys weekend with the threat of no pubs.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                      I’ve got a few slabs of Perlenbacher for if I’m housebound, not my usual but it’s no time for fancy stuff

Comment

Just had an awful thought
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        This is going to affect The Masters isn’t it
                                                                                                        Players and media only it seems from this week on.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I’ve got a few slabs of Perlenbacher for if I’m housebound, not my usual but it’s no time for fancy stuff
                                                                                                          I sopped drinking due to a check up in another 4 weeks time, stopped a few weeks ago, tied in nicely with lent..

Doubt it will go ahead at this stage but will hold tough, liver needs a rest.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Players Championship closes to fans after today. Bad enough they let it happen today but at least they've taken some action.
                                                                                                            Racing as normal tomorrow about an hour ago in Cheltenham.

Comment

Surprising coming up to Paddys weekend with the threat of no pubs.
                                                                                                              The vintners will look to paddy power & cheltenham for a lesson in not giving a fuck about anyone, theyll fight of any closure order until after paddys at least
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

After tomorrow I'm not due back into work until next Wednesday and I fully expect to be told not to come in. Think we are only getting started with some kind of general lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  Sure, the alcohol will kill the virus!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah, it's done.

I think Trippie made a good point. Lots of Europeans on here with a Eurocentric notion of what 'a good US President' should look like. Which is generally an unelectable candidate in US terms (Sanders, Warren).

Biden isn't much. But he's probably the best they have right now.
                                                                                                                    Warren was the best candidate I thought, Biden however would be the one who most prepared to be president with his VP experience. Our view of USA is dictated by the coasts. In reality where it matters are places that we have very little concept of what life is like. Michigan, Wisconsin and probably pennslyvania will probably decide the elction unless a miracle happens and Texas flips blue.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    Bidens a disaster.

Trump will bury the bumbling fool under a mountain of catchy soundbites and nicknames.

Trump is basically bulletproof now on the things he could have been hammered on. Corruption? lol. Makes the whole impeachment trial a complete waste of time if they can't double down on the political capital of it.
                                                                                                                    Americans dont really care about corruption. for republicans its seen as something that has always been done. I hear a lot of sure everyone uses their position to gain etc.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                    I have a mate living here, she's a staunch Republican and her Dad is a Democrat.

She thinks that Europeans(husband is French) have this misplaced sense that American's are a nation of polar opposites which she believes -being from a purple state-couldn't be further from the truth.

She isn't a fan of Trump; Rubio was her choice but party politics supersedes the candidate in her view. She simply believes in a Republican agenda.

She thinks Biden is a clown but said he's the opposition she doesn't want to win. Laughed at me when I said I liked Warren for the nomination. She'd welcome a race against Sanders or Warren.

This! So many people say I dont like him and he isnt a good man but he is doing great work for christians here in the USA. The economy is doing great, so what if his family are involved.

Getting the centrist votes generally decides the elections

Comment

I can't believe that anyone is in the least bit surprised by this, I mean what other possible logic is there to the decision

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

PSV spot on about Cheltenham tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                          Sure, the alcohol will kill the virus!
                                                                                                                          Has to be 60% proof no?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X