Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for chef's table although with the precondition Raoul Duke goes and attends the Aquarium
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        jaysus. Only 20% of people 18-34 voted tories, about 62% for Labour. The tories have become the FF of Britain.

Winston understands this phenomenon:

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
          In for chef's table although with the precondition Raoul Duke goes and attends the Aquarium
          why thank you for your kind invit....go fuck yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Maybe spend a bit more time hanging around the gym and you too can learn not to be so threatened
            Yeah ok mate, sound.

Comment

Cycled the 6k to Puerto banus and back this morning. Very flat and very slow. I am now like an 80 year old with hips screaming at me and pains in both knees. Hoping some wine will help

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Winston understands this phenomenon:
                be wary of those with simple answers, they are usually trying to con you
                - deadparrot
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  whats the general good (Michelin) restaurants attitude on single person bookings for lunch? Going to Madrid solo in a few weeks and wanted to book a place or two, but wasn't sure that type of quality place would be welcoming of giving up a table for just the one person.
                  Was there a few weeks ago, if you fancy slumming it in non-starred restaurants I really liked Casa Lucas and and Vi Cool

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    Cycled the 6k to Puerto banus and back this morning. Very flat and very slow. I am now like an 80 year old with hips screaming at me and pains in both knees. Hoping some wine will help
                    Sinatra's on the corner i think and Gordon's up a stairs a street behind, my very vague memory of a stag over there a few years ago.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Savage few days in Porto

Arab Strap, Run The Jewels, Flying Lotus, Justice, Teenage Fanclub, Bon Iver, Nicolas Jaar, Cymbals Eat Guitars, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, The Growlers, Metronomy, Aphex Twin, Sampha and Operators.

Aphex Twin was a complete and utter assault on your senses but Justice stole the show for me, they were absolutely class.

Set up was great. It's not a huge venue, only 4 stages, but everything worked well. Beer q's were decent, pints were 4 quid, spirits and mixer was 5. Toilets were spotless, lots of food options. Not a single scumbag in sight, really relaxed atmosphere and spent each day/night in shorts & t-shirt as the weather was so good, still lovely at 3am.

Yesterday, headed down to the only Irish bar in Porto for the game and then headed to dinner in LSD, food was excellent. Afterwards, we had a few pints and then headed to some random club.

Sweet Jebus, the measures of gin were off the chart. They put a measure in and then free poured on top of that. The free pour seemed to be greater than the measure, all served in giant fish bowl like glasses.

Have absolutely no memory of leaving the club and no idea how we got back to the hotel. Woke up at 10:30 having slept through 3 alarms with flight leaving at 12:50 and the mother of all hangovers. Hotel were great, saw us clearly in a jock and packed us up a breakfast to eat in the taxi they booked for us.

The first hour of the flight was hell, complete and utter hell as I sweated every last drop of gin out of me.

Well played Porto, you were massive. I will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        Savage few days in Porto

Arab Strap, Run The Jewels, Flying Lotus, Justice, Teenage Fanclub, Bon Iver, Nicolas Jaar, Cymbals Eat Guitars, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, The Growlers, Metronomy, Aphex Twin, Sampha and Operators.

Aphex Twin was a complete and utter assault on your senses but Justice stole the show for me, they were absolutely class.

Set up was great. It's not a huge venue, only 4 stages, but everything worked well. Beer q's were decent, pints were 4 quid, spirits and mixer was 5. Toilets were spotless, lots of food options. Not a single scumbag in sight, really relaxed atmosphere and spent each day/night in shorts & t-shirt as the weather was so good, still lovely at 3am.

Yesterday, headed down to the only Irish bar in Porto for the game and then headed to dinner in LSD, food was excellent. Afterwards, we had a few pints and then headed to some random club.

Sweet Jebus, the measures of gin were off the chart. They put a measure in and then free poured on top of that. The free pour seemed to be greater than the measure, all served in giant fish bowl like glasses.

Have absolutely no memory of leaving the club and no idea how we got back to the hotel. Woke up at 10:30 having slept through 3 alarms with flight leaving at 12:50 and the mother of all hangovers. Hotel were great, saw us clearly in a jock and packed us up a breakfast to eat in the taxi they booked for us.

The first hour of the flight was hell, complete and utter hell as I sweated every last drop of gin out of me.

Well played Porto, you were massive. I will be back.
                        No Hawtin?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          Savage few days in Porto

I thought these were yoga positions until I got to a couple I had vaguely heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                            I was in Naas yesterday, took 5 pubs before there was one showing the Eire match - poor form. Lot of 'closed' signs on businesses too.
                            Had similar bother finding a pub on a stretch of road in Hackney showing the European Cup final.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              No Hawtin?
                              He was on at 3am I think on the Friday and we had been boozing since lunch time and faded like the old foggies that we are just before he came on.

Comment

Was really disappointed by L'Ecrivain last time, and felt done by the matching wines, don't think we even finished what came with the main. On the other hand I was in the Greenhouse recently and it as sublime. There was a mixed group of us, two of the group are fine dining chefs, and a couple who wouldn't really eat out that much and we were all dazzled. Brilliant stuff.
                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-06-17, 20:23.

Comment

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
                                  Best band name ever. Love these guys.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    I thought these were yoga positions until I got to a couple I had vaguely heard of.
                                    Ah shit, was gonna post 'in before Dom posts he hasn't heard of any of them' and didn't.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Sonar eve. Forgot Justice existed until Lao Lao post will have to see them for old times. Judging by the documentary on their live tour being still alive is probably a bonus for them
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Very Entertaining Lions game, really makes up for all the shite so far.

Comment

Just invited my mate to go on an outing Killing Cattle in July. Told him to dust down the golf clubs. Bit drastic he replied . Until I checked my text had Autocorrect Killeen Castle .

Comment

The Beloved Leader speeches Trumps Oompa Loompas were forced to regurgitate are likely to be as bizarre and just batshit crazy as this presidency can get, right
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dear BBV:

Moving into a new place and will be requiring wifi. My girlfriend and I sometimes work from home so something decent required, but don't have any high gaming needs. We're gonna go the Saorview route telebox wise, so no package options possible. What vendor would people recommend?
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  Dear BBV:

Moving into a new place and will be requiring wifi. My girlfriend and I sometimes work from home so something decent required, but don't have any high gaming needs. We're gonna go the Saorview route telebox wise, so no package options possible. What vendor would people recommend?
                                                  May be of use:

Switch to a better value broadband deal on bonkers.ie. Choose from the deals available in your area and place an order online.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    That's brilliant, cheers!
                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Never realised how much mobile phone contracts had fallen in price. I see eir now have a 30 day sim only contract for €25 a month which gives you 15gb data (excluding social media which is unlimited), of which half can be used in the EU and 1gb in the USA. Unlimited calls and texts also. That's very good value.

Incidentally, does anyone know if any networks let you have two sims on one number? I want to put a sim into an iPad I have to get data but wouldn't use it enough to justify getting a contract for €20/month or whatever. If I could use the phones data allowance on the iPad that'd be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                        Never realised how much mobile phone contracts had fallen in price. I see eir now have a 30 day sim only contract for €25 a month which gives you 15gb data (excluding social media which is unlimited), of which half can be used in the EU and 1gb in the USA. Unlimited calls and texts also. That's very good value.

Incidentally, does anyone know if any networks let you have two sims on one number? I want to put a sim into an iPad I have to get data but wouldn't use it enough to justify getting a contract for €20/month or whatever. If I could use the phones data allowance on the iPad that'd be ideal.
                                                        Is it not easier to hotspot your phone?

Comment

Leaders speeches on first day of new parliament.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he welcomed the prospect of a Queen's Speech once this "coalition of chaos has been negotiated", but said if this did not happen, he was "ready to offer strong and stable leadership in the national interest."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                            Is it not easier to hotspot your phone?
                                                            No it's much easier to have a separate SIM card in the iPad.

Comment

I'd hotspot but something like this is what you want (never looked into whether somebody does it here, but it exists)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                I'd hotspot but something like this is what you want

http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans
                                                                Yea that's the type of thing I was thinking of, don't think it's in the Irish market. I'll hotspot I just find the separate sim handy. I blame work for disconnecting it!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Switched to virgjn media last week. €15 a month. 10k minutes, 10k txts and 30gig data. It's an employee deal and they must pay it so you'd need to know someone working there.

Comment

Don't mean this in an offensive way to you, but that sounds like a badly thought out research/investment strategy on their part.
                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The Beloved Leader speeches Trumps Oompa Loompas were forced to regurgitate are likely to be as bizarre and just batshit crazy as this presidency can get, right
                                                                      President's Trump's cabinet members introduce themselves and offer praise during the first full cabinet meeting.

for those who feel like a good cringe
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                        Don't mean this in an offensive way to you, but that sounds like a badly thought out research/investment strategy on their part.
                                                                        I haven't a clue about these things so I'm just happy to have a €15 bill with basically unlimited everything. It's a 30 day contract too, cancel any time. Doesn't seem like a smart company move but sure look....

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          I haven't a clue about these things so I'm just happy to have a €15 bill with basically unlimited everything. It's a 30 day contract too, cancel any time. Doesn't seem like a smart company move but sure look....
                                                                          He was responding to a now deleted post, not your phone deal.

Comment

Can't watch that.

Comment

So, who is buying AIB when it IPO's ?

I remember eircom, people were dumping the lot on the first day for a small profit, i assume its the same play here ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Went to see the Beckett thing at the Abbey.

Incredibly powerful performance. No idea what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  So, who is buying AIB when it IPO's ?

I remember eircom, people were dumping the lot on the first day for a small profit, i assume its the same play here ?
                                                                                  Me! A bank in a duopoly in the fastest-growing economy in Europe?

They'll be throwing off 3bn p.a. in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    He was responding to a now deleted post, not your phone deal.
                                                                                    Oooooohhhh saucy. Anything interesting in the deleted one?

Comment

When are the AIB shares going?
                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                        When are the AIB shares going?
                                                                                        Prospectus launch sometime next week afaik.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Hotspur and Andy, I'm Dying Up Here, new from Showtime, set in LA during the 70's in The Cellar.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I did the ol' 'buy Eircom and sell later that day' back in college and probably will do the same with AIB this time around - the government are going to build in some upside you'd have to think, it's a 'feel good' story if so (just ignore the people who are saying they are selling off the family silver cheap ).

Comment

€10k minimum spend though - so less of the 'little people' involved this time around compared to Eircom, which I guess lessens the chance of a total giveaway - unless you buy into the 'FG are corrupt bastards who only care about looking after the elite' theory. If I thought that was true I wouldn't plan a €10k investment, I'd go all-in.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Went to see the Beckett thing at the Abbey.

Incredibly powerful performance. No idea what was going on.
                                                                                                    Had a few drinks in Mulligans. Tried to make sense of it.

Beckett. Some man - we love to celebrate him but not a rasher as to his meaning. If any

Comment

Had a few drinks in Mulligans. Tried to make sense of it.

Beckett. Some man - we love to celebrate him but not a rasher as to his meaning. If any

He always seems to make more sense to me whenever you think of him, as he did himself, in the context of his influences being more Keaton, Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy than Joyce and Ibsen.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

He always seems to make more sense to me whenever you think of him, as he did himself, in the context of his influences being more Keaton, Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy than Joyce and Ibsen.
                                                                                                        The odd touch of Marx, both Groucho and Karl.

Still he played cricket for Ireland, enjoyed rugby and did his bit for the resistance in WW2. And wrote the odd play. Reasonable time spent on this planet.

Comment

BCS
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Wow at " if that's all u think he is"
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

dump it all in BTC and ETH you fools!

Just back from the vegan night in brother hubbard, amazin' value eating everything here for E35, can't move.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-06-17, 23:40.

Comment

The odd touch of Marx, both Groucho and Karl.

Still he played cricket for Ireland, enjoyed rugby and did his bit for the resistance in WW2. And wrote the odd play. Reasonable time spent on this planet.
                                                                                                              +Used to give Andre The Giant lifts to school!

Comment

RE AIB shares,
                                                                                                                1st - you borrow off them in the form of a mortgage
                                                                                                                2nd - they go tits up and the irish govt (you) bails them out
                                                                                                                3rd - the govt floats 25% and you buy 10k worth - effectively buying some of the bank that you already owe an over priced mortgage (in relation to other Eurozone banks) to.

So, you now own part of a bank that you are bailing out and paying an extortionate interest rate to.

because of the 10k minimum, I'm not sure the volume will be there for a day trade.

Comment

Awful fire in Grenfell Tower in London. It's like something out of a movie

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Awful fire in Grenfell Tower in London. It's like something out of a movie

27 stories like the towering inferno.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-06-17, 08:06.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X