Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Aussies have their nuclear shelters at the ready!

What a time to be alive, Australian PM taking the complete and utter piss out of the POTUS and not in a nice way

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tickets will be close to impossible to get. Apparently there were only 1000 released to the public for the pacquiao fight with the cheapest starting at over a grand.

Briefly looked at flights last night and it wasn't too bad but without the tickets there's no point

Comment

$3.5K for the nosebleeds by the looks of things.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          $3.5K for the nosebleeds by the looks of things.
          FOCK, how's the Brother looking?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            FOCK, how's the Brother looking?
            I asked him would he get a media pass and his answer was 'You never know '

He has decent contacts with the UFC PR people so there's a chance.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                seems reasonable that if you only get 40% of the votes that you shouldn't get a majority. Those Tory, and Labour, percentages are not really as great as history suggests anyway. Its more that the LibDems had a liberal leader who wasn't sure if homosexuality was a sin, and UKIP collapsed. So the traditional protest votes had nowhere to go.
                Added to that...

It was a very black or white election, no room for shades of gray!

For the most part, you were either Tory or not Tory, and therefore Labour

They couldn't even get that right!

As with their football teams, not big on tactics the auld Brits
                Christ if all the labour voters in Scotland had voted SNP, labour might be in power

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  I hope the Aussies have their nuclear shelters at the ready!

What a time to be alive, Australian PM taking the complete and utter piss out of the POTUS and not in a nice way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFe8_auXBj0
                  He comes across as the unfunny lad down the pub doing his impressions. Cornflakes for breakfast. WBU
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

49:1

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That new arena in Vegas isn't even that big. Tix will be thousands, forget it imo.

Comment

Hugh Jackman giving me a little bit of nice humiliation on the green carpet at the Zurich film festival after realising he taught me at Uppingham School.If y...

Comment

Legend!

Comment

GO TO http://draftkings.com NOW!!! PODCASTS!!!Bushido Talk (MMA Podcast): https://soundcloud.com/bushidotalkLo Down Random Thoughts (Random Podcast): https:/...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                Tickets will be close to impossible to get. Apparently there were only 1000 released to the public for the pacquiao fight with the cheapest starting at over a grand.

Briefly looked at flights last night and it wasn't too bad but without the tickets there's no point
                                Don't become a member of the idiocracy.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

seems reasonable that if you only get 40% of the votes that you shouldn't get a majority. Those Tory, and Labour, percentages are not really as great as history suggests anyway. Its more that the LibDems had a liberal leader who wasn't sure if homosexuality was a sin, and UKIP collapsed. So the traditional protest votes had nowhere to go.
                                  Lib Dems aren't a protest vote!

Comment

Comment

Blood Drive.

Wacky races meets mad max on acid, so bad its good...
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Taxi man just told me that the poor lad in Tipp who left the baby in the car commited suicide a few days ago. Cant see anything on the internet so must be bull right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Taxi man just told me that the poor lad in Tipp who left the baby in the car commited suicide a few days ago. Cant see anything on the internet so must be bull right?
                                          Yes it's bull. This is the third time. My mother would hear instant.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Who are the maniacs backing McGregor into a 4/1 shot?

Comment

Comment

between that and lynchmobbing random innocent people they think are pedos*, there's clearly nowt as strange as folk.

* An interesting feature of the coverage of that random person = pedo ongoing story is the implication that the problem in what the baying mobs are doing is the consistent identification of the wrong people, and if they could just find the actual pedo then that would be the problem solved.
                                                Heppened in Kerry yesterday. Some wan shared a pic of some lad that looked vaguely like a bad picture of a suspected pedo. My facebook news feed was jammed with it. Gards released a statement last night saying the poor man had turned up in genuine fear. He's a homeless bloke and wanted help but nobody would go near him. Have to feel for the guy.

A mate of mine shared the Garda statement and I said people werr too quick to jump to conclusions. He said better safe than sorry, no thought given to how the innocent man feels.

Comment

They're effectively a 'none of the above' vote. Gentile protest voting.
                                                  You might want to google 'Gentile' and 'genteel'.

Rather different meanings.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Don't need much of an excuse for a Vegas trip but I'd be fully signed up to the ol idiocracy if I thought for a minute I'd have been able to get a ticket at a reasonable price. The boxing purist snobbery dripping through that article is pretty sad. Yes it's a farce but at the end of the day no one involved was expecting what amounts to an exhibition match between a retired boxer and an MMA champ to have much credibility.

Won't be one I'll stay up for tbh

Comment

Great stuff for Marc McDonnell, always was a nice young lad back years ago when I used to play.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

That guy is one hell of a joyless miserable bastard.

BTW, I've been meaning to check back with you regarding your advice around hockey a couple of years ago when my lad was starting secondary.
                                                        Turns out he had a talent for it but he's starting to lose interest like everything else through the years. His coach reckons he should be on the provincial team next year but the mention of that would be enough to put him off! Had the same with him a couple of years ago in another(individual) sport when he was selected to go to a national championships, he simply gave it up altogether. Great at sports but hasn't a competitive bone in his body.

Seems too late to try and instill that Conor McGregor attitude.

Comment

Cheap vodkas are not all created equal. Or at least, that’s what we learned when we made our spirits writer Jason Horn blind taste five different vodkas avai...

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post

BTW, I've been meaning to check back with you regarding your advice around hockey a couple of years ago when my lad was starting secondary.
                                                            Turns out he had a talent for it but he's starting to lose interest like everything else through the years. His coach reckons he should be on the provincial team next year but the mention of that would be enough to put him off! Had the same with him a couple of years ago in another(individual) sport when he was selected to go to a national championships, he simply gave it up altogether. Great at sports but hasn't a competitive bone in his body.

well, he won't make any money at hockey anyway so don't feel like you are missing out on a millionaire lifestyle

Comment

I'd have killed for some natural athletic ability as a teenager! Some people just couldn't be arsed with sports. They'll probably be happier for it in the long run.
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Bolded bit is to be celebrated. Sign of a confident person with nothing to prove, and a sign of good parenting.

Always feel ultra competitiveness is a character flaw, sometimes leads to great things but an underlying flaw nonetheless.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Bolded bit is to be celebrated. Sign of a confident person with nothing to prove, and a sign of good parenting.

Always feel ultra competitiveness is a character flaw, sometimes leads to great things but an underlying flaw nonetheless.
                                                                  I couldn't agree with that. I'm shite at loads of things and I learned to accept that over the years but a bit of competitive drive honed in certain directions hasn't done any harm. It gets you out of bed in the morning.

Would you seriously not want your kid to have the drive to try to succeed in some direction? Whether that's music, sport, education, art or business? I'd be hoping my daughter had a few areas that she is driven to succeed in. As I've gotten older I'm less worried about what those particular passions might be, but I'd be hoping she has something or even better a few things to give her purpose.

I get your point about having the confidence not to prove yourself but not stepping up to your potential doesn't feel like confidence to me. If you are good enough to step up a level and you don't because you don't want to "compete" with others with a similar ability is that self confidence now?

Now if the kid just doesn't like sport/hockey that much than fair enough but surely you'd want him to have some particular goal.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

[X] OP always picked last in PE
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'd say the flaw is in the lack of competitiveness.

Comment

Comment

Mediocrity is doubleplusgood.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Would you seriously not want your kid to have the drive to try to succeed in some direction? Whether that's music, sport, education, art or business? I'd be hoping my daughter had a few areas that she is driven to succeed in. As I've gotten older I'm less worried about what those particular passions might be, but I'd be hoping she has something or even better a few things to give her purpose.

You're misunderstanding me a little.

Having drive to be the best one can be at something is a hugely positive character trait.

Having drive to be better than others at something is not, it's a flaw imo.

Both character traits may produce the same results but have vastly different drivers. The former is driven usually by confidence and happiness, the latter fragility and a masked lack of self confidence.

Comment

One for the maths heads or anyone with kids studying.
                                                                                This guy has done some great videos that work through imaginary numbers

starts here
                                                                                For early access to new videos and other perks: https://www.patreon.com/welchlabsWant to learn more or teach this series? Check out the Imaginary Numbers are...

From about episode 10 he does something really cool using openCV lib or the likes to do a live camera translation

Supporting Code: https://github.com/stephencwelch/Imaginary-Numbers-Are-RealMore information and resources: http://www.welchlabs.comImaginary numbers are not...

he has the code here
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wow some absolute scumbag that used to work with Zappone's partner in St. Pats sent an all-staff email saying it's very sad but gay is a disorder and I hope she renounced it before she died and how he'd be happy to give a lecture about how to cure it. Also layed into Zappone's 8th amendment stance.

Comment

Wow some absolute scumbag that used to work with Zappone's partner in St. Pats sent an all-staff email saying it's very sad but gay is a disorder and I hope she renounced it before she died and how he'd be happy to give a lecture about how to cure it. Also layed into Zappone's 8th amendment stance.
                                                                                    Freedom of speech includes the freedom to say objectionable things.

It's a useful way of sorting the sound from the unsound.

Comment

Freedom of speech doesn't extend to the use of university infrastructure as a vehicle spread your hate though.

Comment

Freedom of speech doesn't extend to the use of university infrastructure as a vehicle spread your hate though.
                                                                                        really? I thought universities were meant to be places for the free exchange of ideas.

Or is it only ideas you agree with that are OK?

Comment

You're misunderstanding me a little.

Having drive to be the best one can be at something is a hugely positive character trait.

Having drive to be better than others at something is not, it's a flaw imo.

Both character traits may produce the same results but have vastly different drivers. The former is driven usually by confidence and happiness, the latter fragility and a masked lack of self confidence.
                                                                                          I understand what you are saying, but I think I you are generalising a little.

Fully internalised drive might be all well and good for subjective arts, or quantitive sports. Like a child who just wants to get better at guitar, or Clarence Kennedy a weightlifter from Kerry who has Olympic medalist potential, but doesn't compete at all because he just likes lifting heavy shit.
                                                                                          But most sports aren't quantitive, so they are assessed by competition. To realise your ability, out have to beat your opposition in some form.

I think wanting to be your best, and possessing a competitive edge aren't mutually exclusive.
                                                                                          But somebody who is competitive in every poxy thing they do is a different story.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I don't think there is any actual right to unlimited free speech in Ireland, is there? Using any company infrastructure to do something like the above is surely a sackable offence anyhow, but maybe not in a Catholic college.

Comment

I'd imagine this guy wasn't popular in the bar afterwards, he is absolutely right though especially re Dublin. He missed a trick not laying into sligos tacky Yeats tourism given that's where the conference was on

An international tourism expert has said he would never recommend Dublin to anyone for a short break as the city is a “rip-off”.

“Why would I come round the other side of the world to Ireland?’’ he asked. “There are lots of (other) beautiful countries. It is not particularly cheap.”

He also questioned Ireland’s reputation for creativity.

“At the airport, what am I met with? James Joyce and Beckett , in terms of advertising. Come on. Where is the contemporary stuff? You also have the Irish jig playing in the background for the promo.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    I understand what you are saying, but I think I you are generalising a little.

Fully internalised drive might be all well and good for subjective arts, or quantitive sports. Like a child who just wants to get better at guitar, or Clarence Kennedy a weightlifter from Kerry who has Olympic medalist potential, but doesn't compete at all because he just likes lifting heavy shit.
                                                                                                    But most sports aren't quantitive, so they are assessed by competition. To realise your ability, out have to beat your opposition in some form.

I think wanting to be your best, and possessing a competitive edge aren't mutually exclusive.
                                                                                                    But somebody who is competitive in every poxy thing they do is a different story.
                                                                                                    I take your point, but I feel even in fields that are judged and measured by competition it's still possible to excel without being driven by a need to be better than others.

Messi would be an obvious example to me of someone who is simply better than others without being driven to be. Can of worms time now, Tiger would be an example of the flawed type imo.

Comment

In other news QOTSA are playing the 3 arena in November.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        I'd imagine this guy wasn't popular in the bar afterwards, he is absolutely right though especially re Dublin. He missed a trick not laying into sligos tacky Yeats tourism given that's where the conference was on

An international tourism expert has said he would never recommend Dublin to anyone for a short break as the city is a “rip-off”.

“Why would I come round the other side of the world to Ireland?’’ he asked. “There are lots of (other) beautiful countries. It is not particularly cheap.”

He also questioned Ireland’s reputation for creativity.

“At the airport, what am I met with? James Joyce and Beckett , in terms of advertising. Come on. Where is the contemporary stuff? You also have the Irish jig playing in the background for the promo.”
                                                                                                        I read it in a free copy of the Independent on the bus - he looks like a hobo - I'm going to call it that he's not a 'tourism expert' but someone who has just travelled a bit and somehow managed to get what amounts to a trip advisor review onto the front pages of the papers.

Comment

...

Comment

Nothing wrong with competitiveness but when it's misapplied ugh.something really sad about seeing grown men do World Cup winner level celebrations at a tag rugby match for example or some of the sad sad cases you see on the sidelines at underage sporting events (all codes)

Comment

really? I thought universities were meant to be places for the free exchange of ideas.

Or is it only ideas you agree with that are OK?
                                                                                                              Nope. All the all-staff prattling drives me nuts. It should be used for university business and nothing else and the contract you sign says as much. I've been saying that we need some sort of intranet for years. The incorporation of the other colleges has made it 10 times worse. And whatever about the content, it's more the timing that's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                I read it in a free copy of the Independent on the bus - he looks like a hobo - I'm going to call it that he's not a 'tourism expert' but someone who has just travelled a bit and somehow managed to get what amounts to a trip advisor review onto the front pages of the papers.
                                                                                                                Calling bullshit on your story mate ,this was in the times,which bus travellers dont read

Comment

'ideas' being the operative word. Or 'hypothesis' to give it the technical term: an argument supported by prior arguments that makes probable sense. Calling gayness a disorder and insulting the family of a colleague who just died is not that. You might be confusing universities with the Daily Mail comment section.
                                                                                                                  Plenty of nutty stuff has come out of universities and will continue to do so. You know this better than anyone.

This dude is clearly a bit unhinged in his cough, 'ideas', but so be it.

Comment

Nope. All the all-staff prattling drives me nuts. It should be used for university business and nothing else and the contract you sign says as much. I've been saying that we need some sort of intranet for years. The incorporation of the other colleges has made it 10 times worse. And whatever about the content, it's more the timing that's disgusting.
                                                                                                                    Plenty of people complaining about this were no doubt gleefully posting when Thatcher died.

Double standards.

Comment

In other news QOTSA are playing the 3 arena in November.
                                                                                                                      The definition of news had changed in recent years.

Comment

Plenty of people complaining about this were no doubt gleefully posting when Thatcher died.

Double standards.
                                                                                                                        How many of them used an all staff email address in a company to do so?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X