Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Tech heads. My new laptop (its a Dell, red in colour as discussed previously) seems to be doing a weird thing. Every hour at the same time it does something. Only way i can describe it is its like when you take a screenshot. Any ideas what that is?

Comment

Just back from Sao Miguel in the Azores. Cannot recommend the place enough, one of the most spectacular destinations I've been to in recent times. Every bit as picturesque as the south island in NZ and Hawaii. Will put up a few pics when I get them transferred across.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        The official phone of the BBV is the Xaomi Redmi Note 4. You gotta order it from Aliexpress. It takes three weeks minimum to get here from China, and there's a decent chance customs will hit you with duty. Even with duty, the same spec phone will cost you 2.5x anywhere else.

Phone may or may not be spying on you for the Chinese government so don't do any work on it that requires security clearance.
        Woah that's cheap. Any more drawbacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          The camera's not great with motion detection so lots of shots are blurry if there's any movement. Otherwise it's a beast. I generally get home after a day of heavy usage with > 40% battery left.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You have to be careful to get the model that suports the frequencies used on 4G in rural areas... You know for that couple of minutes every year you stray out past Newlands X
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                Phones are a timely subject matter as I need to buy one. Criteria is really

> 4g
                > Large Scree
                > Battery life

Hit me up there with recommendations please folks?

Just went on the website and it seems when I go to buy that I am being asked to then pay extra for power cables, earbuds etc.. Are they not all part of what you buy for 479 or do I need to buy them extra?

Edit - I scrolled down and got my answer. I guess for 470 the question is whats the alternative to a 1+3T
                I've an iPhone 7 plus which ticks all those boxes and is good if you like iOS, albeit there are probably more reasonably priced android solutions available.

Comment

S7 edge pretty good battery and screen
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                    S7 edge pretty good battery and screen
                    Is actually waterproof too as my mate who forgot to take it out of his pocket before going into the water while out canoeing the other day found out.
                    Touldn't boot up initially then was on some sort of recovery screen for hours before just coming back to life.

Comment

Choose the delivery option to get it routed via a European warehouse, avoids customs.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Notre Dame is the latest. This is scary.

Comment

Dobby and Pat Spillane will be delighted Connolly's summer is over.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Spent this weekend paddling down the Barrow from LeighlinBridge to StMullins.
                            A gang of us booked with PaddleYourOwnCanoe.ie for 35 per person per day he gives you an open (I think its called) canadian style canoe brings you to your starting point and off you go. You can take it gently and carry the boat past the locks or go the slightly adventurous route down the weirs, its not exactly white water stuff but if you ride the weirs you'll probably get wet, if you go around the locks as long as you are careful getting in and out you probably won't. Weather helps, we met a few little showers but it was warm enough to cope with, there was one moment on Sunday where we came head on into a squally shower and that wasn't much fun. It is the kind of trip though that you could look at the weather forecast a couple of days out and just decide to do it. You can camp at wild camping sites he has marked out as some of us did or you can wuss out like I did and grabbed a nice airbnb for the night. We had a right session in the lovely town of Borris on Sat night, nice pubs looks like there is a couple of decent restaurants but we didn't try them out. The sore heads and horrors suffered by some oul lads who should know better by now were sorted when their general state of ruin led to them going arse over tit at the first fence on Sunday morning.
                            It was a fantastic trip highly recommended, easy paddling through an absolutely stunning landscape with lots of nice places to stop off along the way. The number of times I run up and down to Waterford and across to Wexford and never even realised that there was somewhere as stunningly beautiful as the Barrow valley just a few miles off the road! And it is so quiet and shockingly underused, I'd be surprised if we saw 20 people out walking between LeighlinBridge and Borris on Saturday, there were a good few more out on Sunday particularly down near StMullins but for the most part you'd be paddling along and wouldn't see anyone for miles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Thats an opening bid

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                Notre Dame is the latest. This is scary.
                                never fear, the French have got this:

His colleague reacted with sang-froid and fired to ensure the attacked officer was not further injured,”
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have to go to a Christening on Sunday (dont tell Lazare!). Wife is going to church bit as its her friends kid but myself & kids only popping into the house after for an hour. Is there an expected present/money? (Herself reckons €100 ). Bloody rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Have to go to a Christening on Sunday (dont tell Lazare!). Wife is going to church bit as its her friends kid but myself & kids only popping into the house after for an hour. Is there an expected present/money? (Herself reckons €100 ). Bloody rick.
                                    zero would be the accepted amount for a Christening imo

give them a nice photo frame or else something cuddly for the baby
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can't wait for Spillane and the lemon pickled shite fizzog of his when Connolly is kicking the winner in September.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Spent this weekend paddling down the Barrow from LeighlinBridge to StMullins.
                                        A gang of us booked with PaddleYourOwnCanoe.ie for 35 per person per day he gives you an open (I think its called) canadian style canoe brings you to your starting point and off you go. You can take it gently and carry the boat past the locks or go the slightly adventurous route down the weirs, its not exactly white water stuff but if you ride the weirs you'll probably get wet, if you go around the locks as long as you are careful getting in and out you probably won't. Weather helps, we met a few little showers but it was warm enough to cope with, there was one moment on Sunday where we came head on into a squally shower and that wasn't much fun. It is the kind of trip though that you could look at the weather forecast a couple of days out and just decide to do it. You can camp at wild camping sites he has marked out as some of us did or you can wuss out like I did and grabbed a nice airbnb for the night. We had a right session in the lovely town of Borris on Sat night, nice pubs looks like there is a couple of decent restaurants but we didn't try them out. The sore heads and horrors suffered by some oul lads who should know better by now were sorted when their general state of ruin led to them going arse over tit at the first fence on Sunday morning.
                                        It was a fantastic trip highly recommended, easy paddling through an absolutely stunning landscape with lots of nice places to stop off along the way. The number of times I run up and down to Waterford and across to Wexford and never even realised that there was somewhere as stunningly beautiful as the Barrow valley just a few miles off the road! And it is so quiet and shockingly underused, I'd be surprised if we saw 20 people out walking between LeighlinBridge and Borris on Saturday, there were a good few more out on Sunday particularly down near StMullins but for the most part you'd be paddling along and wouldn't see anyone for miles.
                                        I can personally recommend a run/walk/preamble from Leighlinbridge to Milford as well, and if you've had your scrambled eggs and bacon a cycle up to the top of rossmore for some proper views of the valley.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                          Can't wait for Spillane and the lemon pickled shite fizzog of his when Connolly is kicking the winner in September.
                                          It's certainly harsh but by the written rules they have to propose the ban?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

frankincense and myrrh. Not gold though , too tacky .

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              The rules don't say much about trial by commentators.

He should never have lifted his hand and touched the linesman. It's a minimum 12 weeks for that alone. Spillane going on about threatening gestures et al is just him being a prick.

And yet again, another incident where the provocation by the opposition goes unmentioned. For all the shite about the defensive game ruining football rfor the last few years they sure shut up about the worst aspect of the modern game, (and no team is innocent) being an absolute prick to try and get someone else sent off.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Recommendation for Chromebook for an old person, cheap, needs to be from a B&M store. TY.

Comment

Yeah delighted they announced a 12 week ban, it's just enforcing the rules tbh, cannot touch an official but he'll be back in action by Leinster final cos it's Dublin (appeal, re appeal, rinse repeat). Appreciate the gesture from the CCCC all the same.

Comment

Is your wife the godmother? 100 is ridiculous otherwise. An outfit for the child and you're done.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Rule 5 states some shite about minor physical interference. I think the word referee or official is in there somewhere. The sanction is 12 weeks from club and county across all codes so it's literally just enforcing the written rules. Nothing more.

Comment

Oh hi Zod

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                          And yet again, another incident where the provocation by the opposition goes unmentioned.
                                                          I Lol'd out loud and substantially until my sides split.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            Is your wife the godmother? 100 is ridiculous otherwise. An outfit for the child and you're done.
                                                            Nope. 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              100% this, buy an outfit like 6/12 months. Even a gift voucher for Clark's shoe shop for first shoes. Never heard of anyone giving 100 quid in a card.
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Long boozie work-ish lunch; on your day off, when you're pretty exhausted...

Seem like a good idea?

Well good luck doing anything with the rest of your day!

Got home, instantly felt like i'd had 15 pints

Comment

Family of low life scum steal millions from cancer charity

Comment

Buying a new laptop, is ninite still the place to check out for free virus stuff etc... The laptop is a hp and is white 👍

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                      Buying a new laptop, is ninite still the place to check out for free virus stuff etc... The laptop is a hp and is white 👍
                                                                      Yes. But AV is built in these days. No need to add more.
                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-06-17, 20:58.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There is no need for 100 or even anything but stick the hundred in all the same. For a guy who would place that much on a bags dog without a bat of an eyelid and not even watch the race 100 is nothing for a friend of the family. If you sense money is tight then even all the more reason.

Comment

Really interesting take on Trump and society by Stephen Fry,

Strange illusions shape Trumps views. In trying to protect America, he may unleash a killer that already claims 200,000 lives each year.This bias helps expla...

Comment

that's rough, > 18,000 starters - million up top

Comment

Lions struggling against the worst NZ super rugby side. What will the crusaders do to them...
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Lions struggling against the worst NZ super rugby side. What will the crusaders do to them...
                                                                                      I wouldn't be too worried, they will improve exponentially over the next 10 days. Still not good enough for the AB's. The attack structures, shapes and strikes will all be kept under wraps so they are just playing a basic plan so the AB's don't have analysis on them

Comment

Class.

Comment

Embarrassing from Best.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Oh Rory!

Comment

Was Sexton even attempting a Garryowen with that kick that led to the try?

Comment

Only got around to reading Trump's statement on the Paris Accord this morning. Seems logical to me
                                                                                                SPOILER

As someone who cares deeply about the environment, which I do, I cannot in good conscience support a deal that punishes the United States -- which is what it does -– the world’s leader in environmental protection, while imposing no meaningful obligations on the world’s leading polluters.

For example, under the agreement, China will be able to increase these emissions by a staggering number of years -- 13. They can do whatever they want for 13 years.
                                                                                                China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to this agreement. India will be allowed to double its coal production by 2020. Think of it: India can double their coal production. We’re supposed to get rid of ours.
                                                                                                In short, the agreement doesn’t eliminate coal jobs, it just transfers those jobs out of America and the United States, and ships them to foreign countries.
                                                                                                Even if the Paris Agreement were implemented in full, with total compliance from all nations, it is estimated it would only produce a two-tenths of one degree -- think of that; this much -- Celsius reduction in global temperature by the year 2100. Tiny, tiny amount. In fact, 14 days of carbon emissions from China alone would wipe out the gains from America
                                                                                                As the Wall Street Journal wrote this morning: “The reality is that withdrawing is in America’s economic interest and won’t matter much to the climate.” The United States, under the Trump administration, will continue to be the cleanest and most environmentally friendly country on Earth.
                                                                                                After all, before the Paris Accord was ever signed, America had reduced its CO2 footprint to levels from the early 1990s. In fact, between the years 2000 and 2014, the United States reduced its carbon emissions by 18-plus percent. And this was accomplished not through government mandate, but accomplished through innovation and technology of the American private sector.
                                                                                                Makes no sense to force the US to ship industrial production to less efficient countries.
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-06-17, 10:17.

Comment

Only got around to reading Trump's statement on the Paris Accord this morning. Seems logical to me
                                                                                                  SPOILER

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...climate-accordMakes no sense to force the US to ship industrial production to less efficient countries.
                                                                                                  If he was pushing for a better agreement from India and China then it makes sense but adding additional US emissions to the already grim projections from China and India is getting us to a terrible situation quicker.

It may accidentally have the desired effect if re-negotiations take place and China and India agree to build more nuclear but this is designed to create blue collar jobs to full fill a campaign promise and to hell with the rest of the planet.

Burning coal is burning coal and the newly built Chinese and Indian power plants would burn it more efficiently than the older US plants you would imagine not the other way round.

If you think the us is going it to be better at getting it out of the ground than perhaps but the history of poising water sources in the US is just as bad as anywhere in the world and CO2 emissions doesnt really factor in.

Comment

SPOILER

Makes no sense to force the US to ship industrial production to less efficient countries.
                                                                                                    Its about emissions per head of population. Its not a great deal for the targets we need to meet but it is the only one there is.

How many coal mines will he reopen? Just in case you are really still swallowing the bullshit, the number is zero. The effect his posturing will end up having on the only climate deal there is remains to be seen.

How's that wall coming along?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Lets make this easy. Show me one single mention of coal in the Paris Agreement? Lets just start with that. Remember, the only simple task is to find a single mention of coal in the Paris Agreement. Don't need to go into any detail on what it says about China or India's coal production, just anywhere it mentions the word coal even in passing...
                                                                                                        John Oliver says hi
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

I had a look at the Dublin Bus proposals and there seems to be some solid thinking behind it but I don't understand why they don't include an Orbital that goes the full length of the M50 from Junction to junction as well as the one that runs along the outer ring close to it. Surely that is exactly what is needed to link P&R locations with other Radial corridors

Comment

So weird that Djokovic becomes an average player immediately after new drug inspections are introduced.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                tis the gluten!
                                                                                                                Ain't that the truth. I myself would have been an elite sportsman if it weren't for my crippling IBS.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  So weird that Djokovic becomes an average player immediately after new drug inspections are introduced.
                                                                                                                  Quite a few MMA fighters lost lots of muscle and lots of fights since drug testing was improved. Some coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    @lsb I see the Indo has started a banter section. Given your ideas are now going mainstream it might be an opportune time to realise your ultimate dream of a nationally syndicated jimmies rustled news section.
                                                                                                                    'Literally' a dream come true. Which ideas was that mate?

Speaking of rustling jimmies: I am Millwall.
                                                                                                                    A football fan reportedly yelled “F**k you, I’m Millwall” as he single-handedly took on the three knife-wielding London terror attackers armed with nothing more than his fists.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                      Quite a few MMA fighters lost lots of muscle and lots of fights since drug testing was improved. Some coincidence.
                                                                                                                      What do you make of Mark Hunt's lawsuit against UFC/Dana/Lesnar and Mighty Mouse's recent statement?

Comment

Dublin in traffic carnage today as driver after driver does a FML crash into his nearest lane buddy. . Crazy amount of benders today

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X