Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Aphex Twin was unreal. Last 5 minutes was like a washing machine on full cycle, but in a good way.
    Class. Assumed he would be one of those who makes great albums but isnt much live. play all his own stuff or a mix of whatever? he has so much unreleased was probably hard to know
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
      Re-watching the Aldo v Holloway fight, that last couple of minutes of getting punched non stop in the head may have done permanent damage.
      The stoppage was as bad as I've seen. Chap was slapped in and out of consciousness at least twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Have it on. Did you watch that show American Epic that was on previous?

See the trailer for the sessions show? Swoon.

Next Fri night at 11, a whole heap of legends recording in a 1920s setup. Can't wait for that.
        Yep. Looking forward to it. Great station bbc 4

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Class. Assumed he would be one of those who makes great albums but isnt much live. play all his own stuff or a mix of whatever? he has so much unreleased was probably hard to know
          Sick i couldn't go. Was long committed to Kraftwerk on Friday night and was at Swans earlier in the week also.

Saw him several times in the early 00s in the Temple Bar Music Centre and he could be hit and miss if you didn't like the harder drill n' bass/acid end of things but that style always suited me, the harder the better.

Tracklist from Field Day here though what he does to those tracks effectively makes them live remixes.

Comment

The Leftovers absolutely fucking nailed it. What a show.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

15 years today

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Lots of it was familiar to me. He played my fav track off Analord (Cilonen) which made me very happy indeed. Think it was all his music with new stuff too. Rumours are he's dropping a new album soon so highly likely something from that was included.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                    The stoppage was as bad as I've seen. Chap was slapped in and out of consciousness at least twice.
                    Said it here while watching ref needed to stop it much sooner, like Max looked up at the ref 3 times while pounding Aldo in the head with little defence.

Comment

Had an interview last Tuesday. Called back for a second one on Wednesday. Offered the job on Thursday. And they upped the offer on Friday.
                      I start tomorrow.

Pay jump is decent. Should be very happy. But I just can't shake the dread tbh.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Had an interview last Tuesday. Called back for a second one on Wednesday. Offered the job on Thursday. And they upped the offer on Friday.
                          I start tomorrow.

Pay jump is decent. Should be very happy. But I just can't shake the dread tbh.
                          Having started a new job two weeks ago I know that dread well. You'll be fine once you get settled in. My biggest worry now is what to bring for lunch every day its nerves but nerves are good. Best of luck with it

Comment

Saudi Arabia cutting ties with quatar because they support terror,rich to say the least
                            Causing chaos by all accounts.all gulf carriers have stopped flights
                            Long term hope it doesn't affect what is undoubtedly going to be the best organised World Cup ever in 2022,really looking forward to a December world cup

Comment

...In a new job myself, only started last Monday...Managed 2 years in HSBC officially...but had 13 weeks sick leave in 2016; and worked a total of 4 days from Jan 29th-May 2th due to sickness...Great thing is 100% pay for all sick leave, and my new job is about a 25% salary increase...Talk about coming out roses on this one, should really thank my "one time" for this...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                Having started a new job two weeks ago I know that dread well. You'll be fine once you get settled in. My biggest worry now is what to bring for lunch every day its nerves but nerves are good. Best of luck with it
                                How are you liking Dublin?

Comment

Lol, well spotted Hitch and thanks.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  I just need to get in and see how the place works I think. It's unknown element I'm uncomfortable with I think.
                                  Speaking of lunch, to streamline things I'm not bringing any. Simples.
                                  Last edited by Mellor; 05-06-17, 14:09.

Comment

€1M German FT
                                    Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                      How are you liking Dublin?
                                      TL;DR going well, just need to get settled properly.

Well it's Ashbourne I'm living in but work is based in Ballyboughal so only 20mins away and also only about 25/30mins into the city. Haven't really settled yet as the whole move was kinda rushed, left my job in Kerry on a half day Wednesday and started in Dublin Thursday morning. Sorted my gaff out on Saturday finally. Am driving the van in my job too so getting to know my way round the city and the head wreck that is the m50 at rush hour. I was messing around on my phone yesterday tho and saw that a band I like are playing in Dublin on Tuesday night, booked tickets and looking forward to it tomorrow so that's one thing that's better anyway. Even called into Rigger for tea and buns. Sure whats not to love.

Comment

Comment

Got that ridiculously overpriced Bose aviation headset. Currently using it to give myself a break from noisy children at the end of a long weekend. Paid for itself already!

Comment

What will the Trump endgame look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              the only people who can get rid of him are his own party, which will require him doing something so outrageous as to cause Paul Ryan to grow a set of balls. The Comey testimony is slated for Thursday, should be fun.

I don't know if there is any provision for a president to be removed for not being of sound mind. His tweets over the last few days certainly indicate he's in need of a check up from the neck up.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  So I turned Jibzzzz e25 Eurovvision loots into 525 or so euros for him....

SPOILER
                                                  Step 1 - 25 win on Muzbid
                                                  Step 2 - 55 win on Wisconsin
                                                  Step 3 - 95 win on Pandagreen
                                                  Step 4 - 154 EW on Rapid Applause
                                                  Step 5 - Withdraw
                                                  Step 6 - Titties

Twas a good bit of craic and Jibzzz was very happy to go for a little spin up. Glad that it worked out.
                                                  I see ye are potentially taking on Wisconsin again on Thursday. How would you price it up?

Comment

So I turned Jibzzzz e25 Eurovvision loots into 525 or so euros for him....

SPOILER
                                                    Step 1 - 25 win on Muzbid
                                                    Step 2 - 55 win on Wisconsin
                                                    Step 3 - 95 win on Pandagreen
                                                    Step 4 - 154 EW on Rapid Applause
                                                    Step 5 - Withdraw
                                                    Step 6 - Titties

Twas a good bit of craic and Jibzzz was very happy to go for a little spin up. Glad that it worked out.
                                                    Fucking great really. GAB picked the horses and stakes, all I had to do was agree. Some nice ew monies on Maarek too.

Successful Eurovision, cheers GAB

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Didn't Reagan have Alzheimer's in his last years in office? Maybe I misheard that. I'd imagine it would be brill to have a president who has mentally checked out as everyone can get whatever they want done.
                                                        Especially one who can turn it on in front of the cameras at will.

Comment

Big cricket tournaments should not be held in England!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

When Trivago tells you that a hotel is 0.5 km from city centre what does that actually mean?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                              When Trivago tells you that a hotel is 0.5 km from city centre what does that actually mean?
                                                              About 500M
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Death.

Comment

Bizarre. Was listening to this yesterday and it references the effect of Saturday Night Live on Sarah Palin in 2008 US Presidential election in exactly the same context as the above.

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Click now to listen to the Revisionist History podcast on Pushkin Industries.

Worth listening to.
                                                                  The White House correspondents dinner where Obama mocked the idea of Trump running is about 90% of the reason we got into this mess.

Comment

Hard to know what shows up as ground might be softer. I'd long thought that we would need soft ground to be seen at our best but not certain about that now. Anyway, wont price it for you but I would be confident that we come out on top again in that battle as whilst Wisconsin will improve so too will we. I just hope that is sufficient to win the race. I fully expect us to be a longer price than Wisconsin. Some other interesting runners in the race, Brutal has been gelded and that will improve him I just hope he will find it too much too soon on Thursday.
                                                                    Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                    Fucking great really. GAB picked the horses and stakes, all I had to do was agree. Some nice ew monies on Maarek too.

Successful Eurovision, cheers GAB
                                                                    Lovely touch.

Wp

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

People with too much time on their hands are dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        The White House correspondents dinner where Obama mocked the idea of Trump running is about 90% of the reason we got into this mess.
                                                                        Was just thinking that earlier

President Obama mocks Donald Trump over birth certificate conspiracy, Celebrity Apprentice & his presidential ambitions!
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Turns out they were.the ones.departed would probably be the shitest ending

Leftovers
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Death.
                                                                            Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            Was just thinking that earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4
                                                                            pwned, real David vs Goliath story.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Hmmm, tickets still available to Lions v All Blacks.... tempted to get one for myself but flights and ticket is about €500 or so. Seems pricey enough....

Mellor you going?
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                pwned, real David vs Goliath story.
                                                                                More like David gets bludgeoned by Goliaths retarded but rich brother

Comment

http://youtu.be/Gt7lWRtfve8

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Leftovers
                                                                                    Magnificent.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                      Hmmm, tickets still available to Lions v All Blacks.... tempted to get one for myself but flights and ticket is about €500 or so. Seems pricey enough....

Mellor you going?
                                                                                      No plans to go. A bit steep. But sure if my horse comes in, you never know...

Comment

Flying over to Haydock on Saturday for the racing. Would I be best advised to buy tickets in advance??

Comment

Turn to guy sitting beside me at wedding, at the weekend:

"What do you do?"
                                                                                          "Have you heard of the blockchain? I work with banks incorporating that and this thing called 'bitcoin', currently working with nasdaq on their implementation"

*eyes light up*

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            Turn to guy sitting beside me at wedding, at the weekend:

"What do you do?"
                                                                                            "Have you heard of the blockchain? I work with banks incorporating that and this thing called 'bitcoin', currently working with nasdaq on their implementation"

*eyes light up*
                                                                                            Are they going to accept BTC, do their own token or something else?

Comment

Phone smashed to Pieces yday. Looking for a sim free handset. Budget around €350.
                                                                                              Any recommendations?

Also, i'll be in the States from next Wednesday for a few weeks. Any cheaper over there? Is there a downside of purchasing over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                Phone smashed to Pieces yday. Looking for a sim free handset. Budget around €350.
                                                                                                Any recommendations?

Also, i'll be in the States from next Wednesday for a few weeks. Any cheaper over there? Is there a downside of purchasing over there?
                                                                                                Lesser warranty

Comment

Any recommendations?

not sure if it's been resolved, but 4G frequencies weren't the same for US and European networks, so a lot of US phones can't use 4G in Europe

Comment

Any recommendations?

Gen 5 Moto G is 200 in argos
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Any recommendations?

Not up the budget a little and get the Oneplus?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Not up the budget a little and get the Oneplus?
                                                                                                        OP5 is out in July I think, will lower the price of the rest.

Comment

I got the OP3T for 430 with power cables but not headphones.

Comment

The official phone of the BBV is the Xaomi Redmi Note 4. You gotta order it from Aliexpress. It takes three weeks minimum to get here from China, and there's a decent chance customs will hit you with duty. Even with duty, the same spec phone will cost you 2.5x anywhere else.

Phone may or may not be spying on you for the Chinese government so don't do any work on it that requires security clearance.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Phones are a timely subject matter as I need to buy one. Criteria is really

> 4g
                                                                                                              > Large Scree
                                                                                                              > Battery life

Hit me up there with recommendations please folks?

Just went on the website and it seems when I go to buy that I am being asked to then pay extra for power cables, earbuds etc.. Are they not all part of what you buy for 479 or do I need to buy them extra?

Edit - I scrolled down and got my answer. I guess for 470 the question is whats the alternative to a 1+3T

My daughter has the 1+3T and the camera is far superior to mine but a lot of it is just the same. A brilliant phone and haven't really had a problem with it.
                                                                                                              Would highly recommend

Comment

Token Arcade/food/drink place has opened! https://www.facebook.com/TokenDublin/

Are they going to accept BTC, do their own token or something else?
                                                                                                                They are doing their own thing as of now, this guy was the BA who wrote the specs for the app they have just made) the point of which is to use the underlying blockchain infrastructure and be ready as an early adopter should they go with bitcoin, apparently banks are very interested in it but nervous to get into bed just yet, and also have concerns raised here about the one true coin to rule them all, but some of which I think are silly such as the main concern of a "state backed" coin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  Token Arcade/food/drink place has opened! https://www.facebook.com/TokenDublin/
                                                                                                                  BBV outing? Thank this post if in.

Comment

I'm gonna do my birthday there I think.

My new phone arrived and it's gold instead of black, sad times. CBA waiting again as they already sent the wrong model, now the wrong colour.

Comment

back to about 70% usage of my leg, thank fuck

won't be looking back on May 2017 with much fondness
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Il be holding out for the One Plus 5 anyway.

Had the 1 which was a fanatic phone, two was decent but preferred to 1 and skipped the 3 so will be buying the 5 asap.

For an urgent phone just get the latest galaxy, will never go wrong with them.

Comment

Kevin Bacon's daughters name is Sosie.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X