Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

And you believe Assange without question it seems.

I have no idea what happened but it seems like this is only a thing because people are trying to deflect stuff from Trump, whatever the truth there is.

I don't have particular confidence that the 'truth' will ever be known, but a conclusion will be reached after the real investigations complete, not ones which don't exist.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          You honestly think there's an equivalence between someone not being convicted of a crime on invalid evidence and whether this father should be trialled for what seems like a tragic mistake? I'd try not to make any important decisions today if thats the braincell configuration you woke up with.
          I'm just putting the idea out there and not saying for a second he should be. It was suggested earlier in the week that the letter of the law is basically sacred and that public opinion shouldn't come into things - if you can't see that it was that my post was tackling then that's on you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              And you believe Assange without question it seems.

I have no idea what happened but it seems like this is only a thing because people are trying to deflect stuff from Trump, whatever the truth there is.

I don't have particular confidence that the 'truth' will ever be known, but a conclusion will be reached after the real investigations complete, not ones which don't exist.
              I believe Assange has proved himself beyond doubt for many years to put truth in the open. If you can point to any instance where he was proved to be lying I will gladly look at it.

I feel that the Russian conspiracy is a thing to deflect that the leaks came from within the DNC. Although I accept we could both be wrong, neither of us has seen any evidence, our statements are based on what we choose to believe.

Comment

There could be a leaker as opposed to a hack. There was presumably a few in DNC who were pissed off at Bernie Saunders being cheated out of the nomination by the corrupt dnc leadership. Also it would explain the wikileaks statement saying that it wasn't a government-connected source that leaked the info. I don't think thats the point of the whole Trump-Russia story though.
                Fyp

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    Could the father in the Dundrum baby case possibly be done for manslaughter? Particularly interested in the views of those who were saying 'it's right that the rule of law takes precedence over public opinion' in the context of Sean Fitzpatrick earlier in the week.
                    He could be done for gross negligent manslaughter, in that it's within the scope of the law. However, it's a rare that people are convicted on that charge generally in ireland, and given the circumstances here it's less likely again.
                    They will, and should imo, be an inquiry/investigation of some description.

Leaving kids in cars for any length of time is dangerous on warm days. And I'd never take i lightly. But I remember once, see some bitch flag down the cops because some women went into a cafe leaving a girl behind to wait. The girl was 12 and more than capable to operating the seatbelts, doors, windows, etc. She was perfectly fine and yer wan was just being a cunt for the sake of it.

Comment

Comment

Musk was talking about this a few months ago

Comment

No one said that.

The specific accusations made by the judge were:

- the investigation failed to seek out evidence as to the innocence as well as the guilt of the accused

- there was coaching of witnesses, contamination of their statements from third parties such as solicitors for the auditors and cross-contamination of their statements between other witnesses

- the ODCE lead investigator, Kevin O'Connell had admitted destroyed potentially relevant documentary evidence

Thats not letter of the law stuff, thats banana republic stuff
                          Your man O'Connell basically had a breakdown. And clearly wasn't competent to handle a case of this nature anyway.

No doubt there will be sackings at the ODCE over this...oh no wait, it's the Irish public sector.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Colleague was just telling me that if you visit an eskimo in their igloo its not very unusual to be offered their wife to sleep with. According to him its because they are nomads they have low gene diversity so use the stranger-fcking-my-wife strategy to increase the gene spread. At the risk of questionning from the IT department in work, I did indeed google eskimo wife fucking to investigate this further. The following are my findings.

An interesting article here suggests it may have happened, but was primarily the eskimo husband offering his wife out of politeness rather than genetic planning.

A Chicago Tribune article about a guy who lived with the inuit's proposes that its not a one way thing. You sleep with a guy's gal now and the next time you bring your own wife to dinner you're expected to offer her for afters.

This guy formally studied it in the 1960s in a not very boring academic article.

Tried it once but got the cold shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              Musk was talking about this a few months ago

At first I was thinking that it must use a lot of energy to have the AC running like that everyday. But then I realized that it's probably on hitting 40+ on a few days a year. Location depending obvs

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                At first I was thinking that it must use a lot of energy to have the AC running like that everyday. But then I realized that it's probably on hitting 40+ on a few days a year. Location depending obvs
                                first summer i spent in Texas it was 40+ for 7 weeks straight from 9am until 11pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  40+ inside not outside he is saying. It was probably over 40 in cars here yesterday and it was only 25 at most.

Comment

Seems City is on the verge on signing Bernardo Silva from Monaco for 60m - 80m depending to whatever source you listen to. Sick money.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Drogheda Trip Report

Just back from a sortie to Drogheda, hadnt been in a while, for some reason whenever i do its basking in sun. Stopped in Southgare shopping centre just before Drogheda and they had a good looking Spanish tapas and bar there but it was closer to breakfast than lunch and i chose the cafe beside it because I liked the look of the French toast with bacon and cream cheese. The cream cheese part my radar was suspicious about but i ordered it anyway to the energetic and friendly front of shop woman who controlled and orchestrated everything you just knew. Got a pot of tea and i liked it took a bit of time to arrive so you know they are actually making it. By this stage i noticed some of the staff were remedial which is fine and there was a good ambience in the place other than me!. Im feeling this was a good choice rather than the cafe bar and then it arrived. It was 2 slices of white bread on top of eachother egg toasted on only one side and 2 soft fatty rashers swimming in a mayonnaise type sauce!. ffs!. Cream cheese my hat, done again.
                                      Scraped most of it off and made the best of it. Surely you have to expect french toast egg smeared and fried on both sides though?. Made some mental points of constructive input if i was asked did i enjoy it when i paid but wasnt asked so didnt say anything. Southgate SC was clearly built in the boom with further boom to come and looks a bit bare overall as a result.

I get to Drogheda and park in a multi. Baking warm and i go for a stroll around the town and the ramparts all around the houses. On the way back i spotted and went into a Tullys bookies up the hill from the main town. Like a converted barbers, one aul one there and a couple of quare hawk locals. I notice the 12.08 Swindon was 3 minutes away and not priced up yet and the Kinsley 12.17 screen is up with no prices. They did have the inside/outside trap specials up for swindon but not the outrights. The wiring and tv configuration looked iffy. I go up and point this out and she says shur tell us what one you want a price on and i can find it out!. Pfff thats not really the point i proffer trying to take as much perceived edge out of the comment as not to get her gander up. Had a small placepot bet before i left not that i really wanted to but more to show her i wasnt just a punter who points out the wrongs but one who can make an observation and despite it not being put right doesn't let that deter him from having a bet.

Walked down the street in the high sun feeling like mad dogs and Englishmen and was accosted once again by a gaggle of young people collecting for child autism in yellow high vis. It happened earlier but i didnt mention it as im resilient and hardy but after one bunch of people accosted me again after this lot not 50yds from the last group i cracked.
                                      I turned and said to the middle aged woman who i correctly assumed was the ringleader due to the fact she was 40 years older than the 14 year olds and said 'Theres more collectors i just passed there yards away indicating id only been chugged at yards away!?' ...
                                      Her: Well were a school
                                      Me: It just seems a like its a bit overkill its like they are there and all over the town?
                                      Her: Were a school
                                      Me: Well....
                                      ....Her: Were a school (said in a tone as to indicate thats the end of your complaint mister).
                                      Me: Ok...Ok...okay

I go into Marks and Spencer to escape it but no theres another collector there. This this woman is different, a cheerful retired looking woman collecting for Temple Street full of like. Purple vis instead of Yellow high vis and on her own which is nicer than being accosted by 3+ chuggers. She gave me the same greeting coming out as she did going in almost like she didnt remember my face when i went in the first time which made me feel like i hadnt been judged after the first time so i stopped to tell her about her competitors outside on the streets chugging overkill and she just cheerfully said she just does it occasionally as she once had a child in Temple Street and also for the social aspect(talking with people like me i assume if you call that social). I gave her a euro and stipulated i was doing it as she was on her own and on account of the yellow high viz brigade probably having a negative impact on her day. I bade her good luck and wished her well and as i was turning away she indicated to me to take a pen off a little fold up table yards away which contained Temple Street pens and lollipops. Shur ok i said all perked up until i copped a little sign that said €2 which stopped me in my tracks because i had only given her €1. I kind of looked back gauging would i be expected to ante up another euro and if i would it would be a deal breaker but by her expression she didnt seem to be angling and to be proper i now said no its ok to the pen ill leave it because ive plenty of pens. As soon as i was at the door i knew i should have gone for a casual lollipop instead as there were loads and she really didnt seem to care and i was thinking something sweet like that would have been just the job.

All in all on leaving Drogheda i came away feeling less refreshed and relaxed than before i arrived.

Comment

Quality.

Comment

Colleague was just telling me that if you visit an eskimo in their igloo its not very unusual to be offered their wife to sleep with. According to him its because they are nomads they have low gene diversity so use the stranger-fcking-my-wife strategy to increase the gene spread. At the risk of questionning from the IT department in work, I did indeed google eskimo wife fucking to investigate this further. The following are my findings.

An interesting article here suggests it may have happened, but was primarily the eskimo husband offering his wife out of politeness rather than genetic planning.

A Chicago Tribune article about a guy who lived with the inuit's proposes that its not a one way thing. You sleep with a guy's gal now and the next time you bring your own wife to dinner you're expected to offer her for afters.

This guy formally studied it in the 1960s in a not very boring academic article.
                                          Have you never wondered why when you and a mate fuck the same chick it's called "Eskimo Brothers"

When two males acknowledge having been intimate with the same female and remain on good terms, the men are now bonded by having shared the same igloo at one time or another. This can lead to perks by making the information known to other males who you can network with.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Actually to add to the weird offering of woman to sleep with to spread genetic diversity;

The Canadian version of the Amish, the Mennonites, do something similar. They will allow you to bone their woman folk. There is a bit of a gamble though, which may appeal to this audience.

The woman is covered in a white sheet from with a hole for her vagina. You two pump chump it and they get a brand new genetically diverse baby. Sometimes they will even pay you!

Isn't the world just weird as fuck sometimes.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Have you never wondered why when you and a mate fuck the same chick it's called "Eskimo Brothers"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...&defid=4346470
                                              Is this a term most people have heard of or only those in north America primarily? I've certainly never heard of it m

Comment

Is this a term most people have heard of or only those in north America primarily? I've certainly never heard of it m
                                                Hmm fair. I can't specifically recall hearing it here but I've definitely heard it in Canada.

Comment

Comment

Costa and Sanchez to score is crowd powered on PP. Started 4/1 now 6/1 could go as high as 12

Comment

Thinking about some of the yolks I've been with, a hole in a sheet doesn't sound too bad

Comment

nah relatively common here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          you need to get to the root causes

and that, oddly enough, is where President Donald J Trump was at the weekend

Saudi Arabia is the head of the beast and the biggest exporter of jihadist ideology...of all the places for fucking oil to be found
                                                          I'm firmly of the belief that Saudi is the root of all evil.

I know you disagree, but I think Iran can become the voice of reason in that region. The Lebanon being the only reasonably sane one there at the moment.
                                                          Greetings from Riyadh.

Comment

I'll be on the lookout for an Eskimo that looks like he's from Naas.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

WTF?

There’s no indication that Islamic State leaders in the Mideast directed recent attacks in Southeast Asia, but like-minded extremists are believed to be responsible.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    nah relatively common here.
                                                                    Probably a reflection on the circles I've populated, but I don't think it has ever been close to a talking point among the people I know.

Comment

Made some of those Oleras pork cubes. So unhealthy and also impossible to not eat them all.

Comment

Probably a reflection on the circles I've populated, but I don't think it has ever been close to a talking point among the people I know.
                                                                        Come off it? This whole site is a thinly veiled front for swingers. Didn't we have an ipbers wives thead way back.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

And here's me being annoyed that Gardeners' World is being substituted with the Chelsea flower show.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

10/10 to Macron for a maneuver Rounders would have been proud of

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There's been an Islamist insurgency in Mindanao for many years now. Guess they are just rebranding under the cool new label.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Driving up to the pro12 final tomorrow. Where's a good spot to offload the car for the day?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                  Driving up to the pro12 final tomorrow. Where's a good spot to offload the car for the day?
                                                                                  Irishtown - free on street parking and 5/10 mins walk away

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      Irishtown - free on street parking and 5/10 mins walk away
                                                                                      Cheers man. I have a friend in Ranelagh who might be able to bail me out too.

Comment

@ hitch
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        2 is independence day

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                          Donnybrook Church

Comment

...

Comment

Mia in national concert hall Monday. Five hours to kill after her practice mother going too. Car pre booked into Stephen's green car park. Gimmie ideas on things to do?

Food, sightseeing etc?
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

No.3
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                Mean Girl

Comment

Some of these are difficult.

Think I got a few, and random thoughts on the others:

SPOILER

1. Snakes on a plane (plain), obv

2. hmm no idea, seems to be Monday or Tuesday, but google suggests that is unlikely to be the answer as it refers to a 1966 Yugoslavian movie

3. Average Girl / Average Woman. But that doesn't sound like a movie.

4. No idea

5. 8 mile, the eminem one

6. No idea.

7. Inception or Requiem for a Dream?

8. Alpha and Omega - there was a cartoon called this it seems

9. 13

10. The sum of all fears. Thats a nice one.
                                                                                                  Ah feck you when I quote I see your answers

I think you have a few wrong and a few other guesses:

SPOILER

2/ Independence day
                                                                                                  3/Mean girls
                                                                                                  4/ paths to glory (we were talking about it the other day here )
                                                                                                  6/ MAtrix (revolutions , maybe)
                                                                                                  7/ I think it might be field of dreams... not sure
                                                                                                  9/ would be 13th floor

Comment

Is it just me or has Cheryl Crow morphed into Madonna's long lost half sister?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      Mia in national concert hall Monday. Five hours to kill after her practice mother going too. Car pre booked into Stephen's green car park. Gimmie ideas on things to do?

Food, sightseeing etc?
                                                                                                      If the weather isn't great

Little Muesem of Dublin on St Stephen's Green

National Art Gallery just off Merrion Sq

Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne for vino and nibbles.

If the weather is good

Bottle of vino plus food from above mentioned Fallon & Byrne and into the Iveagh Gardens just off Harcourt St and soak up the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                        Is it just me or has Cheryl Crow morphed into Madonna's long lost half sister?
                                                                                                        She's looking well in the leathers

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                          If the weather isn't great

Little Muesem of Dublin on St Stephen's Green

National Art Gallery just off Merrion Sq

Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne for vino and nibbles.

If the weather is good

Bottle of vino plus food from above mentioned Fallon & Byrne and into the Iveagh Gardens just off Harcourt St and soak up the sun.
                                                                                                          Mia has been to little museum,anything else?
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            There's been an Islamist insurgency in Mindanao for many years now. Guess they are just rebranding under the cool new label.
                                                                                                            IS trendies.

Comment

Take her into Walton's on Georges street if she hasn't been. She can strum away on all the different guitars for a bit.

Lunch up in Sophie's top floor of Dean hotel. Rooftop bar up there too if its nice out, women seem to love it.
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 26-05-17, 23:40.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Natural History Muesem

Viking Splash Tour

Dublina

Science Gallery

The Ark in Temple Bar (If anything is on at that time?

Comment

Phoenix park is a grand way to spend a couple of hours. The deer are fawning call me bambi, can hire a bike at the park gate entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                    Upgrade to wife mark 2. Wife maxing...living to full wife potential. It's like going from Marge Simpson to Maude Flanders.
                                                                                                                    Surely marge > maude? Maude seems sound alright, if a little churchy. But marge is dtf.

Food, sightseeing etc?
                                                                                                                    Leprecaun museum.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Last day in my job yesterday, I was offered sponsorship by the company but turned it down to move home, nice to be offered though.

GMAT in 3 weeks which is more difficult that I envisaged but the score I need is completely achievable.

A week off now, maybe Lions vs Barbarians, 20$ general admission, hard to pass up, a week in Fiji, 2 weeks back in Auckland to tie up loose ends, selling the car etc with a couple more Lions games, then 2 weeks in in Bali to finish off the year.

Great decision overall especially given I really wasn't sure of my choice at the time.
                                                                                                                      I can't even imagine how bad a shape I'd be in if I had stayed in BF, the nights were really starting to take their toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        10/10 to Macron for a maneuver Rounders would have been proud of

I read in a meeting with Trump he spoke French throughout it without a translator but in a meeting with May he spoke English as he speaks it fluently.

He really went full on troll at every opportunity with Trump.

Comment

It's actually obscene how this election is going down in England

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X