Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    On the other hand, she lives in Glasgow
    Nice part of Glasgow though... so still shite but a better quality of shite!

Comment

Should really bring this one back as a Brexit anthem...

Comment

Lol England v France cancelled, assume that’s Scot v Japan done too.
        Farce.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Farce.
          Well, it is a super-typhoon.

A meteorological phenomenon with which I was previously unacquainted.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Its not a bad city at all very livable in, teaching out in some of the rough areas has thrown up a few real horror stories though.

Aside from all the stories about the kid everyone calls Stabby Joe the most shocking I heard is the couple who arrived at the school in June complaining because the school had not reported them to child services for mistreating their child.
            The reason was that holidays were coming and they wanted the kids taken into care for the summer so they didn't have to mind themselves
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If Scotland Japan is cancelled we can't top the group... more fun when we beat the blacks anyway.

Comment

Fatboy Slim & Greta Thunberg works well.

Unsure if I can work this embedding craic - https://twitter.com/scottjack79/stat...241647618?s=09

Comment

Farce.
                  If the game is cancelled, it was surely planned all along by those sly and clever Japanese to ensure they go through top of the group!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                    Fatboy Slim & Greta Thunberg works well.

This is the lad who re-mixed it

Last edited by Guest; 09-10-19, 15:50.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Is that story real if it is 11/10 to Coleen

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          If Scotland Japan is cancelled we can't top the group... more fun when we beat the blacks anyway.
                          Why not ? They get 0-0 draw . Explain . I'm tres confused

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                            Why not ? They get 0-0 draw . Explain . I'm tres confused
                            2pts for a draw, Japan move to 17pts, most we can get to is 16pts

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                              2pts for a draw, Japan move to 17pts, most we can get to is 16pts
                              Japan are on 14pts, but as it’s H2H first we’d be knocked to 2nd.
                              Last edited by Goodluck2me; 09-10-19, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                Japan are on 14pts. It would be a dream for us if it’s cancelled, unless it’s H2H which decides it?
                                Yeah sorry, move to 16 and beat us on H2H.

Comment

Farce.
                                  so...
                                  Draw?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    so...
                                    Draw?
                                    final decision is due tomorrow. nothing decided yet

Comment

Lot easier to cancel the England France game than Japan Scotland. They should move it, Scotland will be furious, second world cup in a row they'll be knocked out unfairly, they deserve a chance to have a crack.

Comment

Documentary on TG4 at 9.30pm about "Tony 10".

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

She prob should have done a test to potentially disconfirm it was Rebekah too, like block her and release a fake story because I assume instagram staff have access to those private accounts so could have been any of those, and guessing they'd be more in need of a few quid.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Found an old photo of my eldest sisters. Must be about 1962
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Time for a little TJ Cookier which still gives me a chuckle.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                  Found an old photo of my eldest sisters. Must be about 1962
                                                  Happy looking kids. Shit, life's short when you think about it!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                    Happy looking kids. Shit, life's short when you think about it!
                                                    When I look at an old black and white photo, I have to remind myself that life was actually in colour

Comment

Family holiday in exotic Rush, 1966

Comment

Joker is very, very, very good.

Beautifully shot, visually stunning and Joaquin is a shoe in for best actor*

*I haven't any of the other possible contenders yet but still, he is absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Ah fuck it had big long post tpyed
                                                          Dunno wtf I saud anyway good night /morning
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

*I haven't any of the other possible contenders yet but still, he is absolutely fantastic.
                                                            First time I've enjoyed being in a cinema in about 15 years. Even the audio levels in Dundrum were perfect. Think the movie was amazeballs, though probably not for the comic book purists.

Comment

Did you hear about the South African who, any time he went out to eat only ever ate cheese?

SPOILER
                                                              He just got feta and feta and feta
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Surprised England haven't shortened a bit in the outright having this game cancelled at the weekend. Would have been a bruising encounter. They faced a 14 man Argentina for most of that game and now this, doesn't come any handier in a tournament where attritional levels is always a big factor.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

'The Kurds didn't fight with us at Normandy' is probably his best yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

It was amazing, saw it in 70MM in the IFI last night. You forget Joaquin Phoenix is actually acting he is that good. The whole film is basically just him, class. A lot of small subtle things in the film are so good.
                                                                    TBH he is amazing in everything.

I was in the back row and somebody was just standing behind me in an alcove for some reason. I was like great here we go, a shooting and I will be the one tackling them. They left after 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      It was amazing, saw it in 70MM in the IFI last night. You forget Joaquin Phoenix is actually acting he is that good. The whole film is basically just him, class. A lot of small subtle things in the film are so good.
                                                                      TBH he is amazing in everything.

I was in the back row and somebody was just standing behind me in an alcove for some reason. I was like great here we go, a shooting and I will be the one tackling them. They left after 15 minutes

8:40pm screening?

I was three rows from the back, just right of centre.

It also passed the absolute litmus test where by Mrs Lao Lao didn't sleep at all during the film, not even a second of nodding off!

Comment

6.10. You would have been milling about as I left! It was packed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          No, they just lost 11,000 soldiers doing our dirty work for us.

Not 75 years ago. Now.

Comment

What a shambles top level sport administration is globally. Athletics world champs and soccer World Cup in Qatar during the summer, RWC in Japan during rainy season. It’s taken all the good out of the World Cup, what an absolute farce.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                              What a shambles top level sport administration is globally. Athletics world champs and soccer World Cup in Qatar during the summer, RWC in Japan during rainy season. It’s taken all the good out of the World Cup, what an absolute farce.
                                                                              It would nearly make you think about stopping watching other people do stuff to get an endorphin rush and do stuff for yourself

Nearly...

Comment

Was it this guy?

Maybe in his Batman cape for a change?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  What is a cunt for $400 Alex

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    Surprised England haven't shortened a bit in the outright having this game cancelled at the weekend. Would have been a bruising encounter. They faced a 14 man Argentina for most of that game and now this, doesn't come any handier in a tournament where attritional levels is always a big factor.
                                                                                    Tournament a farce now, huge advantage to the qualified teams who get a cancelled game, Scotland may get knocked out without a chance to play for tourney life . Who could have seen a super typhoon coming in typhoon season though tbf?
                                                                                    How do they not have a contingency to move the games? This is absolutely a known known that they have had years to prepare for. Asterisk beside the name of the winner of this tournament now.
                                                                                    Wouldn’t happen in chavball

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                      Quatar World Cup is gonna be in winter and it’s gonna be great.
                                                                                      I’ve come to the realisation that you can’t actually ruin the FIFA World Cup, Fifa have tried many times and every time it survives ( though I think the next team expansion to 48 I think is gonna test this theory

Comment

Tournament a farce now, huge advantage to the qualified teams who get a cancelled game, Scotland may get knocked out without a chance to play for tourney life . Who could have seen a super typhoon coming in typhoon season though tbf?
                                                                                        How do they not have a contingency to move the games? This is absolutely a known known that they have had years to prepare for. Asterisk beside the name of the winner of this tournament now.
                                                                                        Wouldn’t happen in chavball
                                                                                        I'd say they'll find a solution to the Scots game this weekend, too much furore already to ignore. But to be fair it's only accelerating their inevitable exit and saving an embarrassment in the quarters if it is cancelled.

We'll still get our utterly predictable last 4 and the tourney will start then 5 weeks after the official start.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Mattress journey finished. Definitely worth haggling, got €250 off in the cheapest place I could find. €400 cheaper than Arnotts sale price. Just took two short phone calls (and much research haha).
                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-10-19, 10:28.

Comment

Mattress journey finished. Definitely worth haggling, got €250 off in the cheapest place I could find. €400 cheaper than Arnotts sale price. Just took two short phone calls (and much research haha).
                                                                                            Share the details please.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working from home today. A bit nippy out. Great excuse to road test my new bioethanol fire insert!

After looking at a lot of solutions this one looks, sounds and heats the place exactly as I wanted without ash and minimal messing.

Imaginfires.co.uk if anyone is in the market.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Some laugh with the rebel lads this morning.
                                                                                                They are camped outside my office but protesting another crowd.
                                                                                                Trying to manage a conf call with the shouts and screams was pointless, so happily havent done a tap all morning
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                  Share the details please.
                                                                                                  Tried bed in Arnotts, it was down from €3xxx to (€2650). Rang up Sienna Home Furnishing, got their price (€2480). Said I'd be checking other places and would get back to them if they were cheaper. Rang up Kenneth Hodkins (€2495), asked for some money off there and got some. Sienna rang me back, mentioned the other deal and said they would talk to their manager. Rang back and offered €2245 + free delivery + disposal and will talk to me about a mattress protector when I am finalizing. Mark up has to be huge on these things, everybody happy.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-10-19, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Well, it is a super-typhoon.

A meteorological phenomenon with which I was previously unacquainted.
                                                                                                    Typhoon is another name for a hurricane. Super-typhoon is the highest rating, so same as a cat 5 hurricane.
                                                                                                    Kinda baffles me why we have multiple English names for the same phenomenon. I think I was here for a few years before I realised that cyclone = hurricane too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      Typhoon is another name for a hurricane. Super-typhoon is the highest rating, so same as a cat 5 hurricane.
                                                                                                      Kinda baffles me why we have multiple English names for the same phenomenon. I think I was here for a few years before I realised that cyclone = hurricane too.
                                                                                                      I got caught in one when I was working in Mauritius one time.

Was laughing at my colleagues as they rushed around, locking everything down and making sure I was safely packed away to my five star hotel. Was not laughing six hours later as a massive fucking palm tree crashed into my window.

Comment

Working from home today. A bit nippy out. Great excuse to road test my new bioethanol fire insert!

After looking at a lot of solutions this one looks, sounds and heats the place exactly as I wanted without ash and minimal messing.

Imaginfires.co.uk if anyone is in the market.
                                                                                                        Am I right in saying there's little or no installation with one of these? More or less free standing and fuelled out of a bottle of liquid by the looks of it?

We have one of these awful element heater fake fires in our living room, this looks like a huge upgrade for not that much outlay.

Comment

I was dreaming I was eating a tayto sambo.. Woke up went to shop right beside me half pissed. Lays crisps, bread with crusts cut off, salted butter and three small bottles of cava tbh can't think of a better breakfast I have full cover with laya

Seeking #hitch help when home
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Some laugh with the rebel lads this morning.
                                                                                                            They are camped outside my office but protesting another crowd.
                                                                                                            Trying to manage a conf call with the shouts and screams was pointless, so happily havent done a tap all morning
                                                                                                            I wasn't expecting them to be putting on gigs, it's like having knockanstockan on my doorstep

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              Am I right in saying there's little or no installation with one of these? More or less free standing and fuelled out of a bottle of liquid by the looks of it?

We have one of these awful element heater fake fires in our living room, this looks like a huge upgrade for not that much outlay.
                                                                                                              It’s as simple as that. The challenge for me was getting one to fit the existing fireplace as I didn't want to cut or damage it as it’s a lovely job. The ANYA unit fit exactly and with some ceramic wooden logs and by putting it in place of the fire basket it looks great.

You can get cool modern looking ones that can stand out solo or be placed on a shelf etc but I wanted to work with what I already have. I had been looking at a 1200 electric job with steam fire effect and then the cost of putting it in. I picked up the ANYA and the ceramic logs delivered for ~350 with the fuel on top.

PM me your number and I can send you a short video if you like.

Comment

Actually, while on the subject of fires... we have a crappy open gas fire, which we never use as the heat output is terrible. Also not a fan of the open fireplace with the little dude toddling around, even though we never use it is a hazard.

Does anyone have a closed gas fire or gas stove in a fireplace, running off the home gas connection? Am not sure what the difference between the two would be, or am I confusing myself - just want a gas fire that is not open to the room but is as efficient as possible. Does anyone have something like this and if so, how does it compare to an open fire in your experience?

Comment

TV help

The Mother needs a new TV

€400 ish
                                                                                                                  40' screen
                                                                                                                  Saorview... freeview as well if possible as might pick up in Sligo
                                                                                                                  Bells and whistles also welcome

tbh Im pretty clueless with regards to TV's at minute as cant remember last time I bought one

Any pointers greatly appreciated

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                    TV help

The Mother needs a new TV

€400 ish
                                                                                                                    40' screen
                                                                                                                    Saorview... freeview as well if possible as might pick up in Sligo
                                                                                                                    Bells and whistles also welcome

tbh Im pretty clueless with regards to TV's at minute as cant remember last time I bought one

Any pointers greatly appreciated

Ta
                                                                                                                    Tesco.....
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      I wasn't expecting them to be putting on gigs, it's like having knockanstockan on my doorstep
                                                                                                                      football and free pizza last night in front of govt buildings on merrion.

It's very civil for civil disobedience

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        Someone was trying to describe the difference to me today, a hurricane is apparently the opposite of a typhoon.

A small bit of research tells me the only difference between hurricane, typhoon and cyclone is the location of where it occurs.

Comment

It’s as simple as that. The challenge for me was getting one to fit the existing fireplace as I didn't want to cut or damage it as it’s a lovely job. The ANYA unit fit exactly and with some ceramic wooden logs and by putting it in place of the fire basket it looks great.

You can get cool modern looking ones that can stand out solo or be placed on a shelf etc but I wanted to work with what I already have. I had been looking at a 1200 electric job with steam fire effect and then the cost of putting it in. I picked up the ANYA and the ceramic logs delivered for ~350 with the fuel on top.

PM me your number and I can send you a short video if you like.
                                                                                                                          Not great in terms of heat, but makes up for it in cost and flexibility. Feature a lot in commercial fitouts outs due to not needing extraction, air supply etc
                                                                                                                          Some of simple ones look great.

Were banned here for about 6 months, after a few people sets their place on fire by filling it when there was still lit. Apparently a small hard to see flame as its dying. Although probably just a few idiots too.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 10-10-19, 13:14.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X