Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
    Probably because he has more on his mind right now than producing content. Hes under pressure right now over some recent allegations about his past
    The old rape case?
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
      The old rape case?
      Aye. Nicodemus and KudaTheNerd have posted about that etc

Comment

Anyone interested in organising a morning/day drinking session Saturday week centered around the England/NZ/Ireland semi final, will there be any places open at 9am when it's on

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          you sexism knows no bounds

it was a lady who asked tbf
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            I honestly don't think it's get through the commons
            Looks very close, I think if Arlene squeals treachery like a stuck pig that its will be enough to block it, if she's just going through the motions saying down with this sort of thing then it passes.

The ERG know this the only deal they they are getting and it is a much harder brexit than they ever imagined they could get but if it does not go through now then No Brexit goes fav.

This is a cicero group take on the numbers
            SPOILER

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              you sexism knows no bounds

it was a lady who asked tbf
              It's a joke about the fact that a group of men in the Tory party who constantly turned down May's deal are now getting behind Boris's deal which seems to have an awful lot in common with it

Comment

Leo really goes look like he belongs. With angela stepping back and macron fighting his own battles i wonder how it plays out for him and/or what the ambitions are.
                Last edited by Trippie; 17-10-19, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                  Leo really goes look like he belongs. With angela stepping back and macron fighting his own battles i wonder how it plays out for him and/or what the ambitions are.
                  he could be the taller, more gay, less alcoholic Juncker
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    It's a joke about the fact that a group of men in the Tory party who constantly turned down May's deal are now getting behind Boris's deal which seems to have an awful lot in common with it
                    no no ....it's SP being sexist.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 17-10-19, 17:09.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                      Have a spare ticket for a-ha in the three arena the 29th. Seated in block m and going for face value €65 if anyone is interested. Will throw it up on toutless and adverts.ie later.

Also does or did an IPB'er live in Valencia of late? I'm heading there on Sunday for a few days an looking for recommendations.
                      Valencia Restaurant week until 27th October, book your choices here https://www.valenciacuinaoberta.com/

Aquarium is great if you’re into that thing, biggest in Europe and they have a lovely restaurant underneath, €50 for the degustation menu which was fantastic the night we went.

City of Arts & Sciences is close by the aquarium they have some brilliant exhibitions, not sure exactly what’s on this week but you can check https://www.cac.es/en/home.html

Go to the central mercado and grab a sandwich at the central bar (if you can grab a spot) it’s run by Richard Camarena who has a couple of michelin star places here in Valencia. Beside the central market is the 15th century Silk exchange (lonja de seda)

Mercado de colon, is a market more in keeping with enjoying time, pull up a chair outside Daniels Horchata try some Horchata & fartons and watch people go by.

Bar negrita (close to plaza del virgen) is a cool bar in the evenings, good people watching, chilled atmosphere and decent prices. Generally the street Carrer del Cavellers which is close by has a great selection of tapas bars to try out.

Best brunch places depend on taste but; bastard coffee and kitchen, brunch corner, dolce de luche, la petite brioche are all good shouts depending on what you’re after.

Tonne of parks and walks, metro is really handy and you won’t be stuck for somewhere to have a bite or a drink.

Van gogh alive exhibition is still running https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/eve...dia-exhibition

Generally speaking there’s always loads on here tbh, just depends on what you’re after.

Oh and museu de fallers is somewhere thats probably worth a visit. Every year the fallas festival runs for a few weeks, each neighbourhood has an edifice that they burn at the end and 1 is saved each year, they’re kept in the museo and you can visit for €2 so hard to get better value for an hour or so.
                      The Fallas Museum | In VisitValencia we have a list of all important museum in Valencia with tons of interesting information and tips
                      Last edited by Iago; 17-10-19, 17:21.
                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Keep your children safe from liberal surrender monkeys, all day long.

Comment

I really enjoyed this documentary on J Dilla. Any hip hop heads will enjoy it.

Friends, family and peers of the legendary hip hop producer J Dilla discuss his influence then we head to Detroit to open Dilla's storage locker, never-befor...

Incredible remix he did:

Macy Gray - I Try 12" (Epic, 1999)J Dilla - Anthology Volume 2 (Grand Slam Bootleg, 2006)

Comment

Comment

Some wonderful Jack B Yeats paintings in with the Freud stuff at IMMA atm. Loved this one, The Flapping Meeting:

SPOILER

Comment

Why don’t teams just ignore the Haka when NZ do it,like just carry on doing their warm up surely it isn’t against the rules?(sorry “laws”)
                                Should not be any place for that kind of cultural appropriation in modern sport

Comment

When’s the “famous irish sports star” going to get charged, can’t believe I fell for the hype way back when, that’s what you get when you give someone from a disadvantaged background a spin, never again!

Comment

Posted before on this, we can’t be that far a way from the 1st “spectacular “ eco terrorist attack

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Why don’t teams just ignore the Haka when NZ do it,like just carry on doing their warm up surely it isn’t against the rules?(sorry “laws”)
                                      Always thought it would be class if a team turned their backs to it. Why should they get to whoop and holler while the other team stand and watch?

Comment

Nobody pays it any attention anymore and they just laugh at it and ridicule them nasty foreigners, you probably haven't noticed cos you have only watched like 25 mins of the world cup, which funnily enough is about 1 min for every 5 posts on the subject.......strange strange individual!!

Comment

Afaik, teams get fined if they dont stand and watch. Seems bizarre tbh. Would be in favour of just heading down the other end into a huddle or something while they're doing the haka

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                            Nobody pays it any attention anymore and they just laugh at it and ridicule them nasty foreigners, you probably haven't noticed cos you have only watched like 25 mins of the world cup, which funnily enough is about 1 min for every 5 posts on the subject.......strange strange individual!!
                                            Don’t get the nasty foreigners dig?
                                            If you want some real nasty foreigners check out the family trees of the white NZ players!

Comment

Why did they not frame the Stormont option to stay in agreement this deal creates as a vote to leave the arrangement therefore maintaining the established norm under the GFA of Stormont votes needing cross community support

Comment

Posted before on this, we can’t be that far a way from the 1st “spectacular “ eco terrorist attack
                                                Happened at Canning Town this morning M8
                                                Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                Lotta angry people out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1UXYS6Bmg

Comment

Happened at Canning Town this morning M8
                                                  Why are they on top of a train? Surely that’s one of the more eco friendly modes of transpo?

Comment

Why are they on top of a train? Surely that’s one of the more eco friendly modes of transpo?
                                                    They are loco man.

Comment

I like that PSV is belatedly getting on board with the trashing of our next opponents.

Patriotism...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Are those chumps any more dumb than the mugs on here who think being in a syndicate gives them a better chance of a jackpot
                                                        Being in a syndicate does give you a better chance of winning the jackpot.
                                                        That’s just basic probability.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I suspect Dobby's tongue was very much to one side of his mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            I like that PSV is belatedly getting on board with the trashing of our next opponents.

Patriotism...
                                                            In fairness they have their own special brand of rugby bullshit “better people make better all blacks “ and “sweeping the shed”

Comment

Comment

In fairness they have their own special brand of rugby bullshit “better people make better all blacks “ and “sweeping the shed”
                                                                Have a go at the English while you're at it, our likely next opponents.

NZ does score highly as a pretty cool country in fairness.

Comment

Prompting me to come up with a completely subjective list of pretty cool countries:

Costa Rica
                                                                  NZ
                                                                  Slovenia
                                                                  Thailand
                                                                  Sri Lanka
                                                                  Iceland
                                                                  Estonia
                                                                  Canada
                                                                  Denmark
                                                                  Ireland

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                    I suspect Dobby's tongue was very much to one side of his mouth!
                                                                    I dunno, I’m not sure if makes much sense if ironic either. In relation to the boards nutter.

Comment

I dunno, I’m not sure if makes much sense if ironic either. In relation to the boards nutter.
                                                                      I can never figure out the yerrah Kerry folk, so I'll leave it to the pair of ye to decide!!

Comment

Massive marketing draw under the guise of historical cultural act. Not even allowed to challenge it by advancing forwrd these days because that would interfere with where the microphones and cameras are to film it imo

Also meant to respond to a post of yours ages ago about the rugby culture , completely agreed with you, I had no real interest in rugby when I lived in ireland, found it a little nauseating in Dublin, but loved my time with skerries. Wasn't until I moved to usa that I got the hype about the game and the surrounding aspects.

I'm lucky to be able to work in it full time now but there's still a lot of things that bother me, the heinos crowd, the getting naked, the acting like a cunt under the guise of rugby banter.

I would say though go give it a shot at a "country" or smaller on outskirts club. You might end up liking it.

Comment

Dobby's kinda right though.

It's mad how much your objectivity goes out the window when you're part of a 'big' syndicate.

We had something like 650 lines on that last draw, everyone had the money spent.

Imagine someone said to you that starting from the moment you read this and ending mid April 2023 you had 650 shots at picking the exact correct second in order to win €1.5m.

Would you be scrambling to ship luckforsome a tenner so as not to miss out?
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Prompting me to come up with a completely subjective list of pretty cool countries:

Costa Rica
                                                                            NZ
                                                                            Slovenia
                                                                            Thailand
                                                                            Sri Lanka
                                                                            Iceland
                                                                            Estonia
                                                                            Canada
                                                                            Denmark
                                                                            Ireland

Discuss.
                                                                            Needs more Luxembourg, fantastic place for short break. The city itself is interesting and the countryside around worth a trip.

New Caledonia was interesting, it's basically Fiji but still French ith the bread, cigarettes and wine.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Comment

Needs more Luxembourg, fantastic place for short break. The city itself is interesting and the countryside around worth a trip.

New Caledonia was interesting, it's basically Fiji but still French ith the bread, cigarettes and wine.
                                                                                Luxembourg added
                                                                                Only time I was ever in Fiji, a military coup happened so somewhat soured on the place.

Comment

Adding Botswana.

Comment

Costa Rica
                                                                                    NZ
                                                                                    Slovenia
                                                                                    Thailand
                                                                                    Sri Lanka
                                                                                    Iceland
                                                                                    Estonia
                                                                                    Canada
                                                                                    Denmark
                                                                                    Ireland

Discuss.
                                                                                    I’d add Germany

Comment

I’d add Germany
                                                                                      Germany <> 'cool'.

Adding Belize and Ethiopia

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Dobby's kinda right though.

It's mad how much your objectivity goes out the window when you're part of a 'big' syndicate.

We had something like 650 lines on that last draw, everyone had the money spent.

Imagine someone said to you that starting from the moment you read this and ending mid April 2023 you had 650 shots at picking the exact correct second in order to win €1.5m.

Would you be scrambling to ship luckforsome a tenner so as not to miss out?
                                                                                        I suspect he meant to say that a large syndicate doesn’t change your EV. Which is obviously true, and that’s the premise behind sneering at the LoLN stats punter on boards.
                                                                                        But what he actually said was incorrect, from a statistical point of view. And ironically, it’s ex’s rly that kind of jargon confusion that leads the aforementioned punter to think he’s on to a winner.

Comment

Costa Rica
                                                                                          NZ
                                                                                          Slovenia
                                                                                          Thailand
                                                                                          Sri Lanka
                                                                                          Iceland
                                                                                          Estonia
                                                                                          Canada
                                                                                          Denmark
                                                                                          Ireland

Discuss.
                                                                                          Found living in NZ very boring, nothing happens after 7pm, kiwi bedtime is 9, very overpriced for what you get, it is an island st end of the world.

The scenery all sorts of blends into each other, yes it's amazing in some parts but filters down and it's like oh another glacial lake

Slovenia has some of the best train scenery in Europe, we loved our time there, all communist trains too so you can roll window all the way down in cabin and then stand up and rest elbow on window as you look out

Denmark was okay, Copenhagen is worth the hype, but I'd prefer Stockholm to it. Sweden and Denmark are boring in general though imo.

Adding Botswana.
                                                                                          On my list, just have to convince her that africa is worth the trip.

Comment

Germany <> 'cool'.

Adding Belize and Ethiopia
                                                                                            I will be leaving Germany after two years on the 31st, cool is not a word id associate with it. There's a certain vibe in eastern places like Leipzig. Berlin is a little overwhelming , too many hookers in Hamburg, bavarians in Munich are like the German healy-rae folk. Where we are is just too rich to be cool, little triangle from Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Comment

When’s the “famous irish sports star” going to get charged, can’t believe I fell for the hype way back when, that’s what you get when you give someone from a disadvantaged background a spin, never again!
                                                                                              Tis interesting. Has he paid the right people and it'll go away or are they making the case airtight and getting ready to do him?

Comment

Discuss.
                                                                                                Ireland
                                                                                                Bhutan
                                                                                                Botswana
                                                                                                Finland
                                                                                                Denmark
                                                                                                Ethiopia
                                                                                                Oman
                                                                                                Qatar
                                                                                                Jamacia
                                                                                                One of those LithuStonia places on the baltic but not sure which

Comment

Botswana on my list, just have to convince her that africa is worth the trip.
                                                                                                  One way I explain how great a place it is is to tell people that spending some time there you'll soon realise that the Alexander McCall Smith books read more like fact than fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                    Tis interesting. Has he paid the right people and it'll go away or are they making the case airtight and getting ready to do him?
                                                                                                    Is it an MMA fighter or a soccer player?

Comment

At the moment he's just trying out the ol raping.

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

It was always the MMA fighter.

Comment

Was a budding soccer star till the age of 9 and then everyone grew up taller than him

Comment

The games at Westminster tomorrow are going to overshadow the games in Japan.

The DUP is effectively a swing of 20 votes. Struggling to see how BoJo makes that up.

Comment

The DUP is effectively a swing of 20 votes. Struggling to see how BoJo makes that up.
                                                                                                                Your pal Bertie reckons they'll abstain which would be huge.

Comment

I'm hoping for a hard brexit in Japan anyhoo.

Comment

That NZ side is being fairly revered by the Irish press in the build up to tomorrow. Far from vintage All Black last few years, were average and undisciplined in the Lions were they failed to win for the first times in 50 odd years, lost to us last year for the first time ever, got run close by Scotland and Argentina and failed to win the rugby championship this year.

The bigger issue is Ireland have largely disgraced themselves this year and generally do in world cups but if we can somehow produce our best tomorrow youd think they'd be bang there with a chance.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Seems like there should be a Bercow drinking game, though a shot every time he says order could get very messy too quickly.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        That NZ side is being fairly revered by the Irish press in the build up to tomorrow. Far from vintage All Black last few years, were average and undisciplined in the Lions were they failed to win for the first times in 50 odd years, lost to us last year for the first time ever, got run close by Scotland and Argentina and failed to win the rugby championship this year.

The bigger issue is Ireland have largely disgraced themselves this year and generally do in world cups but if we can somehow produce our best tomorrow youd think they'd be bang there with a chance.
                                                                                                                        just as excited about tomorrow's games as i am about sunday's. All four have the potential to be incredible, and very hard to predict. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Despite knowing less about rugby than I care about it I'm confidently telling everyone all week I think we're going to chin them.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X